ORAS OU Mega Diancie + Scarftran

Hello everyone, I think this is my second team I've posted in ORAS OU, and this is actually a serious and well thought out team, unlike my galvantula and mega garchomp team from a while back. This team basically piles a bunch of handy resists on top of one another while keeping a fair amount of offensive pressure.

Diancie-Mega @ Diancite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Diamond Storm
- Earth Power
- Moonblast
- Protect

Okey dokey. Diancie was the pokemon I wanted to build the team around, after recently discovering how good it was in monotype. I chose not to run hidden power fire because i hate missing that speed IV and it also cuts special attack too. Diancie still loses to scizor on account of bullet punch as HP fire cant ohko, and this team really doesn't struggle with ferrothorn so there's no issue there. Earth power also hits other steels harder minus skarmory. Part one of the hazard deterrent force. keep in mind, hazard stackers may anticipate you switching in to block hazards so try to out predict them.

Heatran @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 28 HP / 252 SpA / 228 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Flash Cannon
- Ancient Power

Heatran's typing is crazy good, which usually makes him suit a defensive role, but carrying a choice scarf doesnt make his typing any worse so you can still switch in to any ice, grass, steel or fire move you want no troubles there. Ancient power hits charizard and talonflame and earth power is there when you need to hit a charizard x, or a steel type and cant afford a fire blast miss. Fire blast is really helpful over flamethrower but if you don't mind missing out on crucial KO's then you can do what you want, it's a free country after all. Ev's are standard on smogon but for those who don't know, it outspeeds mega lopunny at base 135 and everything slower. Unfortunately, scarf excadrill will always outspeed, there's nothing you can do about that.

Bisharp @ Life Orb
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch
- Low Kick/ Pursuit

Bisharp seems like a funny choice on a team that doesn't carry stealth rock (no defog from opponent) but the boosted sucker punch is a huge help when revenge killing from heatran isn't appropriate. the choice between pursuit and low kick depends what you want to hit. I've been using low kick but pursuit is great for latios and it's twin, slowbro, and other pivots.

Latios @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Defog
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Remember how i said i hated losing a speed iv from hidden power fire? Well there isnt a lot of choice here, because bisharp loves to come in on defog, so hp fire smacks him hard and he doesn't even get a boost. Other than that, he's a standard OU staple, and can check/counter (depends on how much health you have) keldeo, and check breloom, zard-y, garchomp, defensive lando, rotom-wash, etc. Part two of the hazard deterrent force.

Slowbro @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Slack Off
- Psyshock
- Calm Mind/ Thunder Wave

Slowbro is a great switch in Zard-x, mega metagross lacking grass knot, garchomp, and choice locked stuff like azumarill and scizor. calm mind is a handy way to break past bulkier stuff like chansey that has thunder wave>toxic, but thunder wave is also a way to cripple the above pokemon or others is a tight situation. its can also serve as an effort to stop keldeo, as only hp electric can 3hko on a scarf set, and the combo of hydro pump and hp electric doesn't 2hko on a life orb set.

Dragonite @ Leftovers
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 216 HP / 64 Atk / 228 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Roost
- Dragon Claw
- Extreme Speed
- Fire Punch

Finally, the oddly effective specially defensive dragonite. switches in on pretty much anything and is a good check to mega/ life orb scizor even if it reaches + 6. play it very conservatively as its much safer to roost on a switch in and keep multiscale active since the damage output is less. extreme speed is really handy for focus sashes, and when things with low health need to be revenge killed. remember this dragonite is actually very slow, so try not to forget that and let it die to something it would usually outspeed.

Threats
Kingdra- once it sets up a focus energy you'll probably lose something. latios outspeeds if kingdra has no boosts and can ohko but it cant switch in, and if kingdra has speed boosts, hope to god that sucker punch+ extreme speed will kill. Really annoying to deal with.

Starmie- has annoyingly good coverage so the best way to deal with it is to bait it into ice beam then go to bisharp

Tangrowth- it isn't that the team can't beat him (heatran and latios ohko) but he obviously wont come in on them and he can sleep powder on the switch in, or earthquake/knock off repectively.

probably more I can't think of right now

Replays
admittedly, some of these players were incompetent had different sets to usual, but it shows how the team works
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-457372315
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-457379603
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-457382174

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-457386947

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)