• Op as hell get it out!

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Alright needs improvement

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • Pretty bad.

Votes: 2 28.6%

• Total voters
Hey all,
Looking for feedback on this offense team I made. This is the team I am currently using on the ladder and am having fun with it. This team is centred around the Mega Gyara/Tflame core with pretty much a bunch of op mons around them. Lets get into the team.
Talonflame_XY.gif

Talonflame @ Leftovers
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 88 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def / 164 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Roost
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
Talonflame creates a great core with Mega Gyarados because it eliminate checks for it such as Conkeldurr, Ferrothorn and Keldeo. I chose the SD leftys set to put at much pressure onto the enemy as possible early to create more of an opportunity for Gyarados to sweep later.
Mega-Gyarados_XY.gif

Gyarados @ Gyaradosite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Crunch
- Earthquake
Again, Gyarados synergies really well with Talonflame, eliminating/setting up on threats like Tyranitar and Hippo that Talonflame struggles against. The set i chose is the standard DD +3 attacks set to sweep late game with.
Latias_XY.gif

Latias (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Defog
- Roost
Because Talonflame is 4x weak to Steal Rocks and normal Gyarados is 2x weak to them, i needed a spinner/defogger to remove entry hazards. I chose Lati because it provides the team with decent damage and defog support, which is better than rapid spin. It also isn't a momentum killer like other spinners and defoggers can be. I chose roost over Healing Wish because i need Lati to switch into hits from Rotom-W and Deldeo that other members cannot.
Garchomp_XY.gif

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 HP / 164 Def / 76 SpD / 16 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Dragon Tail
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast
Looking at the team so far it was obvious that it has a weakness to pursuit trappers like Tyranitar and Bisharp, so i decided to put TankChomp on the team to deal with these and also provide my own team with Stealth Rock. The set it pretty standard however Toxic can be run instead of Fire Blast.
Tornadus_Therian_Forme_XY.gif

Tornadus-Therian (M) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 132 HP / 160 SpA / 216 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Heat Wave
- Knock Off
- U-turn
I decided to put Torn-T on the team because it is really solid pivot that can become incredibly annoying to deal with. This set provides good coverage and gives the team a mon that can switch in on special attacks and use regenerator to heal it off.
Azumarill_XY.gif

Azumarill @ Assault Vest
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Atk / 16 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Aqua Jet
- Knock Off
- Play Rough
I was browsing through the threat list and saw that my team has no counter to the all out attacking set of Mega Altaria. Hence my last team member. The assault vest gives it the SpDef to switch in on most special threats that don't deal super effective damage and whilst the attack Evs continue to make it a strong attacker.

Thats the team, let me know what you think could be improved bellow. I appreciate all the feedback in advance.

Your team is weak to ice, so you really have to be really careful. Adding to this, I also noticed you have no way past bolt/beam coverage. I'm not that great of a team builder myself, but definitely look into that.

Hi, Smoothie14.
Your team is very weak ice and just have as safe Azumarrill change. Same with spam dragons. Viewing a computer can Heatran scarf / Scizor band / av Metagross you can do well. It is difficult to cover a common, strong guy like ice. To me I could think of to help those options.

Guess it's time to start rating teams again for me.

Nice team you have here Smoothie14, only things I don't really like is your matchup against balanced / more defensive buildings and having Latias as your only hazards remover with Talonflame + Gyarados + Tornadus-T in your own team. I guess a bulkier spread might help, like give it 72 or even more EVs in HP in order to tank hits better. I'd stay with Roost as it's your only switch-in on lot of things but you can try HP Fire or Healing Wish as well (HP Fire helps against Ferrothorn mainly, so Azumarill / Gyarados will have a better team against your opponent's team).

As i already said before in my post, I don't really think you have enough fire power to deal with more defensive buildings, thats why I would use either one of BD Azumarill or Life Orb Tornadus-T. Both give balanced buildings problems, and both can work well in your team imo. I guess you can try them and see which works better for your team.

Thats all I have for now, I may write smth else later if I will have something else to say about that team, good luck with it tho!

Guess it's time to start rating teams again for me.

Nice team you have here Smoothie14, only things I don't really like is your matchup against balanced / more defensive buildings and having Latias as your only hazards remover with Talonflame + Gyarados + Tornadus-T in your own team. I guess a bulkier spread might help, like give it 72 or even more EVs in HP in order to tank hits better. I'd stay with Roost as it's your only switch-in on lot of things but you can try HP Fire or Healing Wish as well (HP Fire helps against Ferrothorn mainly, so Azumarill / Gyarados will have a better team against your opponent's team).

As i already said before in my post, I don't really think you have enough fire power to deal with more defensive buildings, thats why I would use either one of BD Azumarill or Life Orb Tornadus-T. Both give balanced buildings problems, and both can work well in your team imo. I guess you can try them and see which works better for your team.

Thats all I have for now, I may write smth else later if I will have something else to say about that team, good luck with it tho!
Thanks for the advice, will see how the changes work out.

Kyurem-b is really annoying for your team

You can use scizor the best counter for it with bulky trapper set or defoger or bulky sword dancer (because choice bander can't check/counter kyurem-b)

Hi there, I have a few suggestions that might help:

Change the spread on Latias to 72 HP / 184 SpA / 252 Spe, the EV spread allows you to reach an LO number whilst never getting 2HKOed by LO HP Ice from Thundurus-I. The SpA gets an OHKO with Draco Meteor on Landorus after Stealth Rocks. This allows you to handle Thundurus-I, a huge threat to your team because of the lack of switch ins, slightly better.

Calcs:
+2 252 SpA Thundurus Hidden Power Ice vs. 72 HP / 0 SpD Latias: 204-240 (63.9 - 75.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

184 SpA Life Orb Latias Draco Meteor vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Thundurus: 281-331 (93.9 - 110.7%) -- 62.5% chance to OHKO

instead of
Your team struggles with pokemon like M-Manectric, M-Diancie, Thundurus-I and Azumarril. Celebi is going to help you out immensely with these threats as it checks all four of them rather nicely. I know you said you put AV Azumarril for M-Altaria but this does a decent job at checking it too.

Calcs:
252+ SpA Mega Altaria Fire Blast vs. 248 HP / 148+ SpD Celebi: 184-218 (45.6 - 54%) -- 45.3% chance to 2HKO

252 SpA Mega Altaria Fire Blast vs. 248 HP / 148+ SpD Celebi: 170-200 (42.1 - 49.6%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

252 SpA Mega Manectric Overheat vs. 248 HP / 148+ SpD Celebi: 230-272 (57 - 67.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 SpA Mega Manectric Flamethrower vs. 248 HP / 148+ SpD Celebi: 158-188 (39.2 - 46.6%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

252 SpA Thundurus Hidden Power Ice vs. 248 HP / 148+ SpD Celebi: 102-120 (25.3 - 29.7%) -- guaranteed 4HKO

+2 252 SpA Thundurus Hidden Power Ice vs. 248 HP / 148+ SpD Celebi: 202-238 (50.1 - 59%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

16 Atk Mega Diancie Diamond Storm vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Celebi: 165-195 (40.9 - 48.3%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

240 SpA Mega Diancie Moonblast vs. 248 HP / 148+ SpD Celebi: 142-168 (35.2 - 41.6%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

Alright so you have a really major weakness to M-Altaria so I've suggested this change, SpDef Talonflame gives you a nice switch in to any variant of Altaria and you can proceed to WoW the physical variants. This also allows you to soft check Bisharp which is another huge threat to your team. You can either run a Bulk Up set if you'd like or the standard stallbreaker set.

Calcs:
252+ Atk burned Bisharp Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Talonflame: 112-132 (31.1 - 36.7%) -- guaranteed 4HKO after Leftovers recovery

252+ SpA Pixilate Mega Altaria Hyper Voice vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Talonflame: 84-100 (23.3 - 27.8%) -- possible 5HKO after Leftovers recovery

252 Atk Pixilate Mega Altaria Return vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Talonflame: 128-151 (35.6 - 42%) -- 88.4% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

+1 252 Atk Pixilate Mega Altaria Return vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Talonflame: 192-226 (53.4 - 62.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

I don't what the SpDef EVs for Garchomp are, but I'd consider investing them into Speed so that you can outrun Jolly Bisharp. So the spread will be 248 HP / 88 Speed / 164 Def with an Impish Nature. The speed EVs allow it to outrun Jolly Breloom, Jolly Bisharp and Modest Gardevoir pre M-Evo.

Calcs:
0 Atk Garchomp Earthquake vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Bisharp: 270-320 (99.2 - 117.6%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO

252+ Atk Bisharp Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 248 HP / 164+ Def Garchomp: 136-162 (32.4 - 38.6%) -- 98.6% chance to 3HKO

+2 252+ Atk Bisharp Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 248 HP / 164+ Def Garchomp: 273-322 (65.1 - 76.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Sets:
Celebi @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 248 HP / 148 SpD / 112 Spe
Careful Nature
- Swords Dance
- Seed Bomb
- Recover
- Baton Pass

OR

Celebi @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 248 HP / 148 SpD / 112 Spe
Calm Nature
- Psychic
- Giga Drain
- Recover
- Thunder Wave

Latias (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 72 HP / 184 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Roost
- Defog

Talonflame @ Leftovers
Ability: Gale Wings
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Brave Bird
- Taunt
- Will-O-Wisp
- Roost

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 248 HP / 164 Def / 96 Spe
Impish Nature
- Dragon Tail
- Fire Blast
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake

Hope I helped, please let me know if the changes worked out or not

Choice scarf kyurem b will put major hole in your team along with mega dianci and mega alt. I think you should switch azumaril for choice band scizor
Scizor @ choice band
Ability: technician
Nature: adamant
EVs 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
-bullet punch
-u-turn
-superpower
-pursuit

This set can handle pretty much everything your team is weak too. A more offensive life life orb scizor can be use but the loss of bulk will make it harder to check the things you are trying to check

mega diancie rekts 5 out of 6 of ur mons. Imo u should include a threatlist since it will be easier for people to give u suggestions! Overall it's a decent team.

Thundurus is a Big problem for this team, oko/2hoko all on your pokemons and talon paral y/y for prankster,

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)