VGC Mega Kangaskhan Tailwind Offense

The Team

The Teambuilding Process

Basicly I wanted to use Latios and Togekiss. The first thing I noticed was how both of them usually run Tailwind so I kinda wanted mons in weird speedtiers that can make use of Tailwind and maybe also like having the Follow Me support from Togekiss. Mega Kangaskhan and Bisharp came to my mind. They both like having Tailwind support and they love Follow Me redirecting fighting attacks. Then I noticed how these 4 mons had like no way of getting arround steel mons so I added Landorus-T. Latios and Togekiss also like the Intimidate support since they are quite a bit weaker on the physical defensive side. Rotom-W was more of a filler but it did some work in practice so I kept it.

Sadly Scizor doesn't seem very viable.

The Sets

Khan (Kangaskhan) @ Kangaskhanite
Ability: Scrappy
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Double-Edge
- Fake Out
- Sucker Punch
- Low Kick

Not much to explain here, just the standard M-Kangaskhan. I went with Adamant over Jolly since it's supposed to profit from Tailwind so the bit of extra speed Jolly provides barely ever matters. I also went with Double Edge which 1 shots almost everything that has no ressistance which is also part of the reason why I like Adamant. I'm not sure about the speed EVs yet. I'm not sure how much Speed is needed or if I should even EV it under the assumtion that Tailwind will be up most of the time

Sharp (Bisharp) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Defiant
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head
- Protect

Bisharp is here out of 2 reasons: Because it's a good partner for Togekiss since it works well under Tailwind and Togekiss covers Bisharps fighting weakness and also because it makes people think twice if they should bring their Intimidate user due to Defiant which gives Kangaskhan an easier time.

Kiss (Togekiss) @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 248 HP / 192 Def / 68 SpD
Calm Nature
- Air Slash
- Tailwind
- Follow Me
- Roost

Togekiss is on this team because it's a great partner for my offensive mons and also a great Tailwind user since it profits from its own Tailwind aswell. Fast Air Slashes won me some games. I'm not sure about Safety Goggles yet. They were more of a filler-item since you can't use the same item twice on Battlespot/VGC but Togekiss being immune to Spore and Follow Me redirecting said Spores helped me in some matches.

'os (Latios) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Tailwind
- Protect

My second and more offensive Tailwind user. It often can use Tailwind when there is a slower dragon on the other side of the field which is forced to Protect. It also makes a nice lead with Landorus. It profits from Intimidate since it's a bit frailer on the physical side and there aren't a lot of mons outspeed them and/or survive a Draco and an EQ.

Wash (Rotom-Wash) @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 44 Def / 212 SpA
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Protect

Not much to say here. Just your generic standard Rotom-W. I went with a more offensive spread so it can actually do work under Tailwind. It would probably be the first mon I would replace since it was more of a last-minute-pick and it didn't really do anything in the matches I played.

L-T (Landorus-Therian) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Rock Slide
- Superpower

Aaaaand another pretty generic set. Landorus is good for pretty much everything. It makes a good offensive lead with Latios, a decent lead with Togekiss and having it in the back for Intimidate is also nice. Not much I could explain here.

Khan (Kangaskhan) @ Kangaskhanite
Ability: Scrappy
Adamant Nature
- Double-Edge
- Fake Out
- Sucker Punch
- Power-Up Punch

Sharp (Bisharp) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Defiant
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head
- Protect

Kiss (Togekiss) @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 248 HP / 192 Def / 68 SpD
Calm Nature
- Air Slash
- Tailwind
- Follow Me
- Roost

'os (Latios) @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Tailwind
- Protect

EVs: 252 HP / 44 Def / 212 SpA
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Protect

L-T (Landorus-Therian) @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Rock Slide
- Superpower​

DaAwesomeDude1

waiting for a moment
is a Top Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnus
DPL Champion
Hey man, this is a really solid team! There are only a few minor things I would change. For starters, I would go with Choice Band instead of Choice Scarf on Landorus-T. With two Tailwind users on your team, chances are you'll have Tailwind up most of the time. Using Choice Band will increase Landorus's damage output while the Tailwind allows it to maintain the Speed it has if it were holding a Choice Scarf. I also recommend you switch Landorus's EV spread to MajorBowman's spread of 164 HP / 60 Atk / 4 Def / 28 SpD / 252 Spe with a Jolly Nature. This spread allows Landorus to survive +1 Sucker Punch from LO Bisharp and HP Ice from neutral nature Zapdos and Thundurus while also being able to get the same KOs that Choice Scarf Lando-T can.

252 SpA Thundurus Hidden Power Ice vs. 164 HP / 28 SpD Landorus-T: 156-184 (84.3 - 99.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO (not that anyone would run max SpA Sitrus Berry Thundy haha)
+1 252+ Atk Life Orb Bisharp Sucker Punch vs. 164 HP / 4 Def Landorus-T: 153-183 (82.7 - 98.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

60 Atk Choice Band Landorus-T Superpower vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Mega Kangaskhan: 194-230 (107.1 - 127%) -- guaranteed OHKO
60 Atk Choice Band Landorus-T Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Aegislash-Shield: 132-156 (79 - 93.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Another thing I would change is the Rotom-W's EV spread. The Smogon Dex spread is pretty generic and not that efficient to be honest. There are many variations for Rotom-W's spreads due to its fantastic stats which allows for a lot of flexibility in terms of making a custom spread. For your team, I suggest going with Shrop05's spread of 252 HP / 124 Def / 76 SpA / 36 SpD / 20 Spe with a Calm Nature.

252 SpA Mega Charizard Y Solar Beam vs. 252 HP / 36+ SpD Rotom-W: 132-156 (84 - 99.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Sitrus Berry recovery
252 Atk Parental Bond Mega Kangaskhan Double-Edge vs. 252 HP / 124 Def Rotom-W: 126-151 (80.2 - 96.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Sitrus Berry recovery
252 Atk Life Orb Virizion Leaf Blade vs. 252 HP / 124 Def Rotom-W: 133-159 (84.7 - 101.2%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO

Now for a bigger change, I suggest you switch from Bisharp to Heatran. Heatran gives you a much needed Ice counter, since 3 of your team members are weak to it, while also being able to check Ferrothorn, who currently you have no reliable way of taking out. It's also a more reliable way of checking other Steel-types such as Metagross. Plus it already works really well with Togekiss, Latios, and Rotom-W. While Bisharp does somewhat threaten out Intimidate users, the most common Intimidate user you'll see is Landorus-T and Rotom-W already deals with that.

That's pretty much it man, once again it's a really solid team! Hope I helped and good luck with the team!!! :]
-DaAwesomeDude1

L-T (Landorus-Therian) @ Choice Band
EVs: 164 HP / 60 Atk / 4 Def / 28 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Rock Slide
- Superpower

EVs: 252 HP / 124 Def / 76 SpA / 36 SpD / 20 Spe
Calm Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Protect

Heatran @ Shuca Berry / Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 44 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 204 Spe
Modest Nature
- Heat Wave
- Earth Power
- Substitute / Flash Cannon / Ancient Power
- Protect

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)