ORAS OU Mega Lopunny offence

Hello everyone! My name is Taritos and i'm pretty new to the forum and the game. I've been playing for a couple of months now, trying new pokemon teams and combinations and getting used to this competitive playstyle. I've made quite a lot of teams but none of them seemed to work well. So, this last team i made helped me get between 1500 and 1600 rating in the ladder and i want to push that a little further. Keep in mind that i'm still new, so i don't really know all the mechanics of the game. That's what i'm here for!
Let's get to the team!

Lopunny-Mega (F) @ Lopunnite
Ability: Limber--> Scrappy
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Return
- High Jump Kick
- Ice Punch

A standard Lopunny-Mega set and the pokemon i chose to be my mega. Amazing power and speed, usually goes first on a battle. All the moves provide amazing coverage and hit pretty hard even for neutral damage. No need for further explanation, everyone knows its power. (Hitting ghosts with scrappy is sick!)

Landorus-Therian @ Expert Belt
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Knock Off

Sometimes works as my lead too. Stealth rock is important for sashes and extra damage as well as for talonflames, members on most teams. Knock off helps with a few walls and u-turn for momentum. I found pretty cool to use expert belt and EQ to hit for neutral and super offective damage, especially against mold breaker excadrill who seems to be a problem for this team.

Latios @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Defog
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Energy Ball

A standard latios set. I use him as my defoger since i hate hazards on my team. Draco meteor is an excellent stab for anything that doesn't resist it, psyshock to take care of some walls and energy ball for occasional quagsires, swamperts that i find hard to deal with.

Magnezone @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Magnet Pull
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Fire]

The trapper/revenge killer of this team. Switches in and wrecks scizor, ferrothorn and skarmory. Volt switch for momentum, T-bolt is a hard hitting stab and HP fire for the pokemon mentioned before. Flash cannon really helps with clefable sometimes too.

Volcanion @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Water Absorb
Timid Nature
- Steam Eruption
- Fire Blast
- Sludge Bomb
- Earth Power

The tricky member of the team. Most ppl don't expect this to be scarfed and get confused when i hit them first with a stab steam eruption or fire blast. Earth power is to take care of other volcanions which i outspeed and sludge bomb helps with spreading poison all around or hit fairies.

Entei @ Choice Band
Ability: Pressure
Adamant Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Sacred Fire
- Stone Edge
- Flare Blitz

Last member of the team, my favorite entei. Coming from another tier, but still so strong to be overlooked. His extremespeed can wreck an entire team, if some members of it are wounded. Usually keep him to revenge kill or clean up late game. I have 2 fire moves on him and use them depending on what i need ( hate it when sacred fire misses sometimes), but think on replacing one of them.

My team has some quite good synergy and i can tell the problem i mostly face is that of ground moves. A mold breaker excadrill can break through my team if i lose my landorus early for some reason. Mega Diancie and clefable can be a problem sometimes. Well i'm still learning! You can take a look at my team and help me improve it as much as possible. All i want is to keep my Mega-Lopunny!

Thanks in advance for any possible responces!

BreloomMyHomie

Golden State Warriors Bandwagon Fan
Hey man, nice team you have there but I have a few suggestions.

When I used this team, I noticed a few flaws. First and foremost, your team has no set up sweepers, lures, or wall breakers that can penetrate through defensively oriented teams, specifically Stall. For instance, Gastrodon, if physically defense, outright counters Entei, Volcanion, Magnezone, and Landorus-Therian, Latios is shutdown by Chansey, and your Mega Lopunny is beaten by Hippowdon. All three of these Pokemon are extremely common on defensive teams so it's essential that you have a Pokemon or two to break through them. Next, Mega Manectric is super problematic to the build, as your electric immunities aren't reliable answers to it at all. Landorus-T is shutdown by Hidden Power Ice, Latios doesn't have recovery, and Magnezone gets outsped and decimated by Overheat. Your other Choice Scarf user, Volcanion, is also outsped by Manectric and OHKOed by a Thunderbolt. Life Orb Sand Rush Excadrill is also super threatening to your team as well, as your switch-in, Landorus-T, is not defensive.

My first suggestion would be to replace Entei with Kyurem-B. I believe using the Choice Band set will help your team the most. While it isn't common at all, CB Kyurem B breaks through defensively oriented teams with the right support. Magnezone is the perfect partner to go alongside Kyurem B because it traps all the Steel Types CB Kyurem has trouble dealing with such as Scizor and Ferrothorn, and knocking them out with HP Fire. Furthermore, Kyurem B is an excellent Mega Manectric counter on Offensive teams like yours. In addition, having Dragon Claw and Outrage on the same moveset is ideal, because it provides you with a discretion on whether to lock yourself into Outrage, and when to go for Dragon Claw. Obviously if your opponent has something that can easily revenge kill Kyurem B, it's evident that you would want to go for Dragon Claw. If you're facing a stall team it's best to go for Outrage after taking out it's Fairy Types and Steel Types (with Magnezone). Fusion Bolt is still nice on Kyurem B, just incase you happen to face Shed Shell Skarmories which cannot be trapped by Magnezone.

My next suggestion would be to change the Landorus-T set a bit: Rocky Helmet>Expert Belt and 252 HP / 240 Def / 8 SpD / 8 Spe >4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe. As stated before, I believe that LO Sand Rush Excadrill is one of the biggest threats to this team. With this change you will still have your Stealth Rocker, and now you can beat Excadrill 1v1 with Rocky Helmet, Life Orb Recoil, and Earthquake to threaten it out.

Roost>Energy Ball on Latios simply provides longevity and I don't really see the reason to have Energy Ball in the first place. I know you said it's for Gastrodon, Swampert, and Quagsire but Draco Meteor OHKOes Quagsire and is a guaranteed 2HKO on Swampert and Gastrodon, since most Gastrodons run Physically Defensive in OU.

My last suggestion is Encore>Ice Punch on Lopunny. With CB Kyurem B, Latios, and Volcanion to deal with Gliscor, Garchomp, and Landorus-T, there's pretty much no reason to run Ice Punch. Return does more damage to the Lati-Twins than Ice Punch, and HJK does more damage than Ice Punch on Hippowdon. Encore is a cool move on Mega Lopunny because since it baits in Pokemon such as Hippowdon, Slowbro, and Clefable, locking them into their recovery moves(Slack Off, Softboiled) which forces them to switch and allows Lopunny to get another hit off. This can be great because like I said earlier, your team has trouble dealing with defensively oriented teams.

UPDATED TEAM

IMPORT

Lopunny-Mega (F) @ Lopunnite
Ability: Scrappy
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Return
- High Jump Kick
- Encore

Landorus-Therian @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 8 SpD / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- U-turn
- Earthquake

Kyurem-Black @ Choice Band
Ability: Teravolt
Adamant Nature
- Iron Head
- Outrage
- Dragon Claw
- Fusion Bolt

Volcanion @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Steam Eruption
- Fire Blast
- Sludge Bomb
- Earth Power

Latios @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Defog
- Roost

Magnezone @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Volt Switch

If you need replays, hit me up. Good luck bro ;]

Thank you so much for your time and reply! It's true i had problems with a few stall teams. I'm gonna make the changes and check it out right away to see how it goes!

Hey Taritos, your build has potential but there's a lot of redundancies and structural problems with your team.

For one you have Magnezone on a team with two Fire types and nothing that actually takes advantage of its support. Your team also struggles with realistically breaking bulky Waters like Gastrodon and Slowbro, plus having three Choice users forces your playstyle to be prediction reliant and aggressive, but your team doesn't have the offensive capability or synergy to really play aggressive as your sole way of winning games. Your team also hates common offense crushers like Weavile, Sand Rush Excadrill, and M-Lopunny, plus it doesn't have a win condition. My rate will focus on helping mitigate these issues, while giving your team more offensive synergy.

If you're going to run Magnezone, you should have something that actually benefits from stuff like M-Scizor, Ferrothorn, and Skarmory from being trapped. Something that can Knock Off their potential Shed Shell (in the case of Ferrothorn & Skarmory) so Magnezone can be able to trap them, as well as something that checks Weavile, can revenge kill Sand Rush Excadrill & M-Lopunny, and also functions better with bulky Steel types being trapped would be Azumarill. This is why I think you should run Choice Band Azumarill > Choice Scarf Volcanion. Azumarill also gives you a secondary check to the Latis since Magnezone is a lackluster Lati check due to it not being able to do much in return if it's not Choice Specs, plus it helps improve your matchup against M-Diancie a bit.

Energy Ball is not a good move on Latios at all since it still makes it be hard walled by Steel types, plus there's always a superior coverage move that it can run that hit more things. Thunderbolt for instance if nice for picking off weakened Manaphy and Charizard-Y without being forced to Draco Meteor, helps against Calm Mind Slowbro that try to Slack Off a Draco Meteor, hits SpDef Skarmory, reliably revenge kills Belly Drum Azumarill, plus it still is effective against Assault Vest Tornadus-T and SubCM Keldeo. Surf hits Tyranitar and M-Diancie like Energy Ball does, but also hits Steel types for neutral damage, plus it can also nail Heatran. Energy Ball is just an outclassed option on Latios, so you should run something else in its place. Seeing as though your team struggles against fast Electric types, and since this is your only viable check to Volcanion and Keldeo, you should run Roost > Energy Ball on Latios. Your reasoning for running Energy Ball was because of Swampert but Swampert isn't eating a Draco Meteor well at all, so you'd be better off with the longevity.

Since you're running Ice Punch on M-Lopunny to hit Gliscor, Landorus-T, and Garchomp, and have Magnezone to trap Skarmory, you should run a better offensive set on your Landorus-T to take advantage of this. You should run Double Dance Landorus-T with Earth Plate > Expert Belt + Stealth Rock Landorus-T. Earth Plate Landorus-T helps your team against Calm Mind Clefable since Choice Scarf Magnezone doesn't really check it very reliably on its own. The Earth Plate boost also allows it to 2HKO Unaware Clefable easily, as well as have a solid shot of 2HKOing Unaware Quagsire with Stealth Rock up. Rock Polish helps Landorus-T improve your match up against Rain teams that don't have Aqua Jet Kabutops, as well as common Sand builds that rely on Sand Rush Excadrill to revenge kill boosting threats. Azumarill can help pressure Slowbro with Choice Band Play Rough which can 2HKO it with Stealth Rock up, as well as dent into Rotom-W to give Landorus-T an easier time in cleaning late game.

Lastly, to provide you with a defensive pivot that can Toxic common switch-ins to it like Landorus-T, Rocky Helmet Garchomp, Slowbro, Rotom-W, Hippowdon, and more so Landorus-T can an easier time in cleaning, you should run Rocky Helmet Garchomp > Entei. This provides you with safer Bisharp check than M-Lopunny, as well as a reliable answer to Swords Dance + 2 Attacks Talonflame. Garchomp also can help check opposing M-Lopunny for your team, plus it outspeeds max speed Volcanion and can help revenge kill it in the event that Latios gets Pursuit trapped. While it can't check Charizard-X or Dragonite, the combination of Azumarill and Landorus-T can easily handle them.

With nothing on your team directly being weak to Stealth Rock, you can also consider Healing Wish Latias > Defog Latios since this helps bring your offensive pivots back up to full so they can help break through teams a second time around. Latias also checks Thundurus much better than Latios, but lacks solid firing power. You can try out both and see which you prefer.

Lopunny @ Lopunnite
Ability: Limber
Jolly Nature
- Return
- High Jump Kick
- Ice Punch
- Fake Out

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 248 HP / 164 Def / 96 Spe
Impish Nature
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Dragon Tail

Azumarill @ Choice Band
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 120 HP / 252 Atk / 136 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Play Rough
- Knock Off
- Aqua Jet

Magnezone @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Volt Switch

Latios @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Draco Meteor
- Defog
- Roost

Landorus-Therian @ Earth Plate
EVs: 24 HP / 252 Atk / 232 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance
- Rock Polish
Lopunny @ Lopunnite
Ability: Limber
Jolly Nature
- Return
- High Jump Kick
- Ice Punch
- Fake Out

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 248 HP / 164 Def / 96 Spe
Impish Nature
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Dragon Tail

Azumarill @ Choice Band
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 120 HP / 252 Atk / 136 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Play Rough
- Knock Off
- Aqua Jet

Magnezone @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Volt Switch

Latias (F) @ Life Orb
EVs: 72 HP / 184 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Draco Meteor
- Healing Wish
- Recover

Landorus-Therian @ Earth Plate
EVs: 24 HP / 252 Atk / 232 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance
- Rock Polish

Hope i was able to help!

Ehy dude :4
The first thing that i've noticed is that you have Magnezone but is pretty useless for this team because you have two Fire types + Fight Coverage that make ferrothorn not really problem. Also the team also struggle against bulky Waters as Slowbro, and Tornadus-T. In addition to this you have Many Choice abuser that need a constantly momentum and a quick playstile to really work and pressure your opponent.

Honestly I don't think that Expert Bell is a nice item on Landorus: The main reason to use Offensive Landorus is to break defensive things like Slowbro, Garchomp and Hippodown. Landorus don't need a Ground boost to kill things like Hestran and Excadrill for this reason Earth Plate is the best item on Offensive Landorus, but honestly I think that Defensive Landorus with Sword Dance + Yache Berry is the best option, because your team has problem against Manectric that sometimes is with a Pursuit abuser. Sword Dance can help you to break Hippodown/Garchomp/Landorus that is a good check to Lopunny.

Honestly the team hasn't a real speed control and a real win-con: Honestly I think that Talonflame > Volcanion is a good option: Volcanion isn't more important for this team and the Choice Scarf isn't a good item for it: the mediocre speed make it easily to outspeed, and without Specs or Life Orb Boost isn't really dangerous for balance and Stall Build. Talonflame gives you a solid revegekill for things like Lopunny that is dangerous for this build, also has a nice support because Landorus and Lopunny break Defensive things like Garchomp and Landorus that are the main check for it in some team.

With Talonflame Entei isn't really important for this team, I think that Rest Keldeo > Entei is a good option: the team is really weak to Bisharp, because you have a Intimidate User (That boost Bisharp attack) and you need a constantly Defog support because you have Talonflame: with Rest Keldeo you can check this annoying presence and also gives you a switch in for things like Weavile (annoying for this team) and Heatran (Your only switch in for it was Landorus). Another option (that I prefer) is to run Specs Keldeo with Hidden Power Grass/ Bug that allows you to lure Slowbro that stop Lopunny and Talonflamex and other bulky Water.

Also use Roost > Energy Ball on Latios, because Quegsire is hit with Draco Meteor, and honestly Energy Ball isn't a good move for Latios: is outclassed by Thunderbolt, because outside to lure Water Type can hit other things like Skarmory that with Energy Ball wall it.

Set Complete:
Talonflame @ Sharp Beak
Ability: Gale Wings
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Swords Dance
- Roost

Keldeo @ Leftovers/Choice Specs
Ability: Justified
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Rest
- Sleep Talk/ Hidden Power Bug

Landorus-Therian @ Leftovers/Yache Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 8 SpD / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Sword Dance / U-turn
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock

Hope I help :3

Last edited:
Thank you both for your suggestions! I've been experimenting a lot with the team lately since i have quite a lot of new stuff to try out! I' ll let yu know how it goes!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)