ORAS UU Mega Sceptile Offense

Hello! I've decided to venture into UU, and I decided to build my first team around Mega Sceptile.

Rotom-Heat @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Overheat
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

Rotom functions well as a pivot, as its low speed allows it to get the second pivot. I often use it to bring Sceptile in for free, as its frailty makes it difficult to hard switch in. Overheat is just for hitting a target on a switch before Volt Switching out. Volt Switch is for pivoting, and also for hitting slower water types. Will-O-Wisp, allong wit Rotom's bulk, allows me to cripple enemy physical sweepers. Pain Split is Rotom's only form of recovery, and , while fairly unreliable, can also do severe damage to enemy tanks when Rotom is low on health.

Sceptile-Mega @ Sceptilite
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance

I decided to go with the physical set, as I wanted to use Sceptile as a set up sweeper, and it lacks SpA boosting moves. The physical set is also much less common, and so holds some suprise value, and 110 Atk, while less than 145 SpA, is nothing to sneeze at, especially after a boost. Leaf Blade is its main STAB move, and is decent coverage. Dragon Claw is a secondary STAB move, that hits most types that resist grass for neutral damage. Earthquake hits the steels that resist the STAB combo, and is also good super effective coverage.

Hydreigon @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Superpower
- Iron Tail

Hydreigon acts as my teams Wallbreaker, but it can also be used as a revenge killer, as it outspeeds and OHKOs many threats. Its special attacks make mincemeat out of the physical walls that prevent Sceptile from sweeping. Draco Meteor is Hydreigon's main attack. I mainly switch it in, nuke the target with Draco Meteor, and switch out. Dark Pulse is mainly for hitting psychics like Cresselia. Superpower hits Steels and opposing Dark types super effectively, and often suprises those expecting a switch after a Draco Meteor. Iron Tail is for hitting Fairies who think they can switch in for free, but the accuracy is a little suspect.

Doublade @ Eviolite
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Shadow Sneak
- Iron Head
- Sacred Sword
- Swords Dance

As well as Mega Sceptile and Hydreigon work together, they have a serious fairy weakness. Enter Doublade. Its Iron Head devastates fairies, and with Swords Dance, can severely damage teams. It is however, fairly slow, so priority in the form of Shadow Sneak is of paramount importance. Sacred Sword is just for coverage. Doublade's bulk and numerous resistances allow it to easily switch in on many pokemon.

Sylveon @ Choice Specs
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Baton Pass

With Sylveon now in UU, I felt I had to make use of my favourite poke. Most people seeing it expect a bulky wish pass set, and are then suprised to get OHKO'd or severely damaged on a switch. Choice specs Sylveon hits like a truck, and Pixilate Hyper Voice nets many neutral OKHOs. Psyshock is for Blissey, and slower Poison types. HP Fire is for steels, but I only stay in if I'm certain of a kill, or if the opponent lacks power, as Sylveon does not like to take powerful super effective attacks.

Empoleon @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Modest Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Scald
- Flash Cannon
- Defog

I needed a Stealth Rock setter, and while Empoleon wasn't my first choice, its ability to clear hazards with defog sold it, as earlier iterations of the team had serious trouble with Spike stackers. While fairly bulky, I do need to switch it out when faced with a faster, more powerful foe. Scald is my main attack, and can also land burns on unwary opponents. Flash Cannon allows Empoleon to be my secondary counter for fairies, if for some reason I've already lost Doublade.

Sacri'

the end is here
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Hey man, nice team you have got there. Always nice to see balanced teams featuring Mega-Sceptile. Onto the rate

The first change I'd like to suggest is using the following spread on Rotom-H: 248 HP / 52 Def / 208 Spe with a Timid nature. The speed allows you to outspeed Jolly Mamoswine and a bunch of other things such as Mega Blastoise or Sylveon. Full Spedef doesnt actually help versus any threat in particular, this change just makes Rotom a better pivot overall.

• Running Life Orb Krookodile over Hydreigon would help this team a lot. It improves your match up versus steel types and allows you to Pursuit trap Entei for good damages. It also has SR which would also mean Empoleon doesnt have to run both SR + Defog which is always a good point.

• Using SR on Krook leaves a free spot on Empoleon, and I think you should use Grass Knot as well as a Shuca Berry. This would allow you to deal better with Mega Swampert that can otherwise turn to be a big threat.

Empoleon @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Modest Nature
- Grass Knot
- Scald
- Flash Cannon
- Defog

Krookodile @ Life Orb
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Pursuit

Hope I helped!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)