ORAS OU Mega Slowbrooooooo

(Editing stuff atm)

Been working on this team for about a week now, and wanted to see if I could get an outsider's perspective on how I did. The entire team's purpose is to wear down the opponent until an opening is made for talonflame or slowbro to sweep.

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Pain Split
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch

Rotom is the first poke on this team because of it's versatility. He can lead against almost anything, such as Lando-T, and burn it, or he can threaten a switch with Hydro Pump. Volt Switch gives great switch opportunities, and do hefty damage from STAB. Pain Split just lets Rotom live longer, with leftovers as well.

Noivern @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Hurricane
- U-turn
- Flamethrower

I used to be convinced that noivern should always run specs, but now with all of these new fast megas running around, he has some catching up to do. Scarf allows me to outspeed M-beedrill, M-Scept, and other slower scarfers. Also good for switching in on a sub, and draco/hurricane with infiltrator. U-turn for scouting/gaining momentum in addition to rotom's Volt Switch. Flamethrower for coverage against all of the steel types, such as magnezone or scizor.

Talonflame @ Sharp Beak
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 4 SpD / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Swords Dance
- Roost

Talonflame is here to clean house late game. I choose an SD set to keep the freedom of switching moves, while also being able to bump up my attack. And with volt-turn from the first 2 pokes, it's pretty easy to get a free switch in with the current meta. Roost is there to keep HP up after recoil or rocks, and Brave Bird with Flare Blitz as my dual STAB to maximize damage.

Slowbro @ Slowbronite
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature

- Calm Mind
- Scald
- Slack Off
- Flamethrower

Testing CroBro

Where do I even start with this thing... It has amazing physical bulk, so it can tank hits for days, as well as very respectable HP. The only thing it needs is a bit more special bulk, which it receives through calm mind. Scald for STAB and burn chance, and flamethrower for coverage against grass or steel types. Slack off makes you almost unkillable after a few calm minds. (Excluding toxic, of course...)

Breloom @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 120 HP / 252 Atk / 136 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Mach Punch
- Leech Seed
- Substitute
- Spore

Breloom's main job on this team is to create an opening. Spore is used to stop a set-up, force a switch, or just be an annoyance. Leech seed helps keep the team alive longer, and along with the toxic orb, keeps breloom at high HP, allowing him to keep a sub up against other potential walls. 136 Spe gives me enough speed to outspeed Rotom-W with 4 Spe.

Mandibuzz (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 248 HP / 136 Def / 108 SpD / 16 Spe
Impish Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- Taunt
- Foul Play

Mandibuzz is here for hardcore walling and support. She uses defog to clear hazards for Talonflame, and the evasion debuff can sometimes come in handy for Noivern. Roost keeps her in battle longer, and rarely can save her from a rock/electric/ice attack from a slower pokemon. I chose taunt over whirlwind only because taunt allows me to dominate slower pokes even more. Foul play keeps talonflame, garchomp, lando-t and other physical attackers at bay.

After a couple of battles testing what you guys recommended, I've found that my team is hard countered by Galvantula and Clefable. But I'm not sure what to replace to deal with these two...

Importable:
Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 30 Atk / 30 Def
- Pain Split
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch

Noivern @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Hurricane
- U-turn
- Flamethrower

Talonflame @ Sharp Beak
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Swords Dance
- Roost

Slowbro @ Slowbronite
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Scald
- Slack Off
- Flamethrower

Breloom @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 120 HP / 252 Atk / 136 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Mach Punch
- Leech Seed
- Substitute
- Spore

Impish Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- Taunt
- Foul Play

Last edited:
Good team, I'd actually like to use this if you don't mind. The only recommendation I could make is to switch out Latias for Mandibuzz, in between those Latias and Mega Slowbro you're complete bug bait and very vulnerable to Greninja's dark pulse. This is the set I'd recommend
Impish Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- Whirlwind
- Foul Play

Bug, Dark, Ghost, yeah you don't want Gengar shitting all over your day. A Lati twin does make a good Defogger on a balanced team like this, but I think it might be better to play it safe and use the Mandibuzz set above, maybe running Taunt in place of Whirlwind for stall-breaking and set-up stopping in a more controlled way than phasing. Also, how well does your team deal with Thundurus? He's one of the biggest Mega Slowbro bullies; I think your team's synergy is good and you might be ok as it is, but it's still a thing to keep in mind how threatening that monster is to your Mega. Nice bunch, man.

Pent

dumb broad
Please read the RMT Rules before making an RMT, you need atleast 3-4 descriptive sentences for each of your pokemon before this post gets locked. I recommend changing it before IronBullet93 get's in here and locks your post.

Thanks.

Oh, another thing, maybe try the Cro-Bro set for your Mega Slowbro. You don't have any sort of clecic with Heal Bell or Aromatherapy or whatever so if Slowbro gets Toxiced then he will be forced out eventually when your Slack Offs can no longer keep up with the residual damage build-up. Cro-Bro with Rest and Sleep Talk over Slack Off and Flamethrower remove your status problem completely. Essentially, once you have 2 Calm Minds up, nothing can stop you besides Taunt. Ergo, more set-up time, less threats, you can get to +6 +6 no problem to the point where you really won't need the coverage.

Good team, I'd actually like to use this if you don't mind. The only recommendation I could make is to switch out Latias for Mandibuzz, in between those Latias and Mega Slowbro you're complete bug bait and very vulnerable to Greninja's dark pulse. This is the set I'd recommend
Impish Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- Whirlwind
- Foul Play
If you want to do that, I'd also suggest that you switch your noivern to scarf latios. It does basically the same thing, except with a lot more power and bulk. Granted, it lacks U-turn, but imo Scarf latios is worth it more. Tricking the scarf onto some defensive poke also helps you with stall.
Latios @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power Fire
- Trick

Impish Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- Whirlwind
- Foul Play
I don't mind if you use it, thanks for thinking it's that good!

Also, the mandibuzz works wonders. I have to agree with Der Twist about taunt though, just works a bit better with the team at hand.

If you want to do that, I'd also suggest that you switch your noivern to scarf latios. It does basically the same thing, except with a lot more power and bulk. Granted, it lacks U-turn, but imo Scarf latios is worth it more. Tricking the scarf onto some defensive poke also helps you with stall.
Latios @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power Fire
- Trick
Hmmm.... not sure what to think about latios. Trick can be useful at times, and he does pack a bit more of a punch than noivern, but noivern's hurricane and U-turn are also great with infiltrator... Need to do some more testing on this, but thanks for the input!

Noivern really isn't that good, with a SR weakness, low special attack and bad accuracy on Hurricane.

You need Stealth Rock on your team to limit the opponents switchins and weaken their mons so you can sweep, Landorus-T is an excellent pokemon you could use instead of Breloom, since it is too slow to do anything with Leech Seed.

davidTheMaster

TheMasterMind
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Hey dude I will help you,

Chesnaught over Breloom, For better manage Landorus-T in your team

Chesnaught @ Leftovers
Ability: Bulletproof
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Spiky Shield
- Leech Seed
- Hammer Arm
- Spikes

Spiky shield for as much as possible to do damage on the physical sweepers and leech seed for recover some hp

Hammer Arm for predict the future of Ferrothorn such as he is immune against leech seed
0 Atk Chesnaught Hammer Arm vs. 252 HP / 88+ Def Ferrothorn: 152-182 (43.1 - 51.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

Spikes are just for set up

For talonflamme "Swords dancer" use this spread 88 HP / 252 Atk / 168 Spe, Jolly nature

168 EVs Speed because like this you can use Flare Blitz or Brave Bird on Raikou and Thundurus without to be outspeed by them

Latias @ Life Orb
EVs: 72 HP / 184 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Draco Meteor
- Hidden Power Fire
- Recover

This one version of bulky tias is ideal for remove the stealth rock or spikes

Hidden Power Fire for don't do you totally wall by ferro 184 SpA Life Orb Latias Hidden Power Fire vs. 252 HP / 168 SpD Ferrothorn: 224-265 (63.6 - 75.2) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Honestly, Lando looks like it's covered pretty well. Between Rotom-W who can wall it to Hell and back, and Mega Slowbro who it can only really hit hard with U-Turn (and Knock Off I guess). It's not solidly Lando-proof, but not something that really needs heavy preparation for.
Speaking of Rotom, run this spread instead to outspeed max speed Azu (also, Rest-Talk is good for status again):
Rotom-Wash @ Chesto Berry/Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 212 SpD / 44 Spe
Calm Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Rest/Pain Split

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)