ORAS OU Mega Venusaur ( The Bulky Offense)

Hello Guys , I am Ash and Charizard. This is my first RMT so Please give me Useful advices to Improve this team. First of all Lets see the team at a Glance.

TEAM AT A GLANCE.

I Also call it as a Balanced team because it gives useful Bulk.So lets start.

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Toxic
- Protect
- Stealth Rock
- Lava Plume

This is the Trusted Lead for my team. I Has a Nice SpDef which enables it to wall everything. Lava Plume is a Useful thing for Heatran That have 30% chance to burn. Toxic is another Status problem that Heatran can inflict on our opponent. Protect is useful for Leading Heatrans. Stealth rock is the hazard we Throw on our opp's field for additional damages. Heatran can able to Deal with Tflames and Serps which can give a coverage to our team.

Excadrill @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Iron Head
- Rapid Spin

Excadrill with Scarf is the Hazard Remover As well as the Revenge Killer. It saves me everytime when my team stuck against my opponent team. With Mold Breaker , Exca can Ignore my opp's ability and Kill them easily and remove hazards. Eq , Rock slide and Iron head are the Revenge killing moves.

Mega Venusaur (Venusaur) @ Venusaurite
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 248 HP / 120 Def / 140 SpD
Bold Nature
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Synthesis
- Knock Off

Mega Venusaur is the Hero of my Team Cuz it have Thick Fat and Useful Bulk at Both def and SpDef. The EV Sets are Good to deal with Both Physical and Special threats. Also Giga Drain and Sludge bomb are useful things that every venu must have. Knock Off is mainly for Switching Lati's Which is also used to hit Ghosts and to Knock Off items. Synthesis Heals Venu's HP.

Suicune @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Calm Mind
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Another Bulky Mon on my Team which can also Set Up sweep easily. CM Rest Talk sets are Unbeatable if used correctly. Rest heals its Health and status . S talk is used when Suicune on rest. CM Sets up SpA and SpDef very well ( It will become a SpDef wall too lol ) And also that Bold Nature is useful with this CM. Finally Scald Hits everything and burns very well with the chance of 30%.

Landorus-Therian @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
Adamant Nature
- Substitute
- Bulk Up
- Smack Down
- Earthquake

Lando-T is the another set up sweeper. It has Sub + Bulk Up Which is very nice thing for this Meta and also this Poke works as a Def wall after a lot of Bulk ups lol. I use Smack Down instead of Stone Edge cuz Smack Down can Able to remove the Ground Resistance of my opponent poke. And also Smack Down won't often miss like Stone Edge. Eq is a must needed move for Lando-T to kill every pokes.

Gengar @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hex
- Substitute
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt

Last But not the least. Gengar is the Final Poke of my team which got the Benefit by its Teammates. Gengar Wallbreaks very well and Kills stalls with the support of Both Taunt and Substitute. Will-O-Wisp Deals with every Physical Threats. And Now , 4 Of my Team Pokes can Inflict a Status Problem to Enemy Teams. Heatran can Toxic and Burn by Lava Plume. Suicune can use Scald and burn. Mega Venusaur Sludge bombs and Poisons. And Gengar Will-O-Wisps. Hex got Benefited by this So i won't run 252 SpAtk. I ran a 248 HP Gengar because we already have Status Problem Inflicting Support for our 4 Pokes and Hex got More Powered. So Gengar got Useful Bulk and Sub Saves it very well to use Taunt , Wisp and Hex. I Trolls every tea, by this set lol.

Threats :

Mega Charizard Y.

Not all the Ones but Some Guys Runs Mixed Zard Y lol. I once get rekt by that , But Mostly no one uses that kind of Set so i Don't have to worry about it :) .

Tornadus-T

Both Assault Vest and Life Orb Mixed Set can sweep every Members of my team. I Have nothing good to deal with it but the only way is Using Suicune With CM and Killing it. Need Very Careful Plays.

Tell me that if My team have any other threats , Also i need useful Suggestions to Improve my team. Thank you , Also Spoiler is Posted below.
Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Toxic
- Protect
- Stealth Rock
- Lava Plume

Mega Venusaur (Venusaur) @ Venusaurite
EVs: 248 HP / 120 Def / 140 SpD
Bold Nature
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Synthesis
- Knock Off

Suicune @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Calm Mind
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Excadrill @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Mold Breaker
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Iron Head
- Rapid Spin

Landorus-Therian @ Leftovers
Adamant Nature
- Substitute
- Bulk Up
- Smack Down
- Earthquake

Gengar @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hex
- Substitute
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt

Last edited:
Alright, I tried to rate this team and improve this team whilst keeping as many of the original members as possible, but down the line it became apparent that some pretty drastic changes had to be made to this team to make it function well. I'll tell you right off the bat: three Pokemon have been changed in this rate, and one of the sets of the remaining 3 Pokemon have been changed. I was contemplating not even posting this, but, I've put over 5 hours into this team through testing and trying multiple options to relieve the issues with the team, and what I've come up with not only keeps the theme of the team with being Mega Venusaur balance, but it is also, in my opinion, very strong, especially compared to the original team.
Along with the threatlist that you issued, there are other multiple problems with this team. Primarily, the lack of a solid answer to Fairy- and Dragon-types such as Mega Gardevoir, Clefable, Dragon Dance Dragonite, Mega Charizard-X, and the ubiquitous Surf Latios. Furthermore, this team is incredibly weak to Sand offence as a result of both your Landorus-T and Mega Venusaur spreads. The team also was relatively slow, considering the fact that the fastest member on the team was Adamant Scarf Excadrill. As well as this, the team had an incredibly shaky matchup against standard stall teams featuring Mega Sableye, especially considering the influx of Dugtrio usage on said teams, you essentially were never getting or keeping Rocks up against those teams reliably. Another slight issue is the lack of cleric support, which Mega Venusaur greatly appreciates. Bisharp is also a huge issue, essentially 6-0ing the team, as your only counter-play to it was to win 50/50s with Gengar.

+
+
These three Pokemon are the only Pokemon I kept in the final version of this team. A couple of changes were made to Mega Venusaur and Landorus-T, too.

I changed the Mega Venusaur EV spread to a more Physically-defensive spread of 248 HP / 168 Def / 76 SpD / 16 Spe with a Bold Nature. This spread allows you to take on threats such as Mega Lopunny, Mega Medicham lacking Zen Headbutt, and Sand Rush Excadrill more reliably, whilst outpacing max-Speed Adamant Belly Drum Azumarill, which was a threat to the team as at +6 it swept through the team once Venusaur was weakened.

I changed the Landorus-T set and spread to a set of Swords Dance / Stealth Rock / Smack Down / Earthquake with a Lum Berry and an EV spread of 160 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def / 92 Spe with an Impish Nature. What this set does is act as what is, in my opinion, the most reliable Stealth Rock user against stall teams these days, usurping stallbreaker Heatran in this role. The set shines when the opponent brings in their Mega Sableye expecting Stealth Rock as you Swords Dance, force it out and subsequently, get up Stealth Rock; Smack Down allows it to threaten the most common forms of hazard removal on stall teams in Zapdos and Skarmory, whilst also allowing it to act as a crucial bird check. The spread aims to maximise physical bulk factoring in intimidate, whilst outpacing 16-Speed Zapdos along with neutral-natured max-Speed base 70s such as Volcanion, Bisharp, and Breloom. Maximising physical bulk is very important as it is your go-to check for Mega Charizard-X and Sand Rush Excadrill.

Now, to the new members and the explanation of why I chose them and the sets specifically.

+
+

I added Choice Scarf Jirachi as a great switch-in to the likes of Mega Diancie, Mega Gardevoir, Clefable, and the Lati twins. Jirachi also brought a much-needed increase of Speed to the team, revenge killing/checking the likes of Tornadus-T, Mega Alakazam, Serperior, and Kyurem-B. The set & spread I decided to go with is the standard Iron Head / Heart Stamp / U-turn / Healing Wish, with an EV spread of 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe and a Jolly Nature. Iron Head is mandatory STAB which allows it to check Fairy-types. Heart Stamp is handy STAB to have for threats such as Keldeo, Amoonguss, and Mega Lopunny. U-turn is purely for momentum grabbing on the likes of Landorus-T, Heatran, Rotom-W and Skarmory. Healing Wish is nifty should you find anything on the team weakened beyond your needs.

Next up, I added Mixed-defense Talonflame with Leftovers as an answer to Bisharp, Tornadus-T, Mega Charizard-Y, and as a backup answer to both Mega Gardevoir and Serperior, whilst also providing another win-condition alongside Suicune. I went with a set of
Will-o-Wisp / Bulk Up / Brave Bird / Roost, and a spread of 248 HP / 116 Def / 144 SpD with and Impish Nature. Will-o-Wisp allows it to cripple and slowly wear down common switch-ins such as Rotom-W, Landorus-T, and Tyranitar. Bulk Up allows it to act as a cleaner and a stallbreaker. Brave Bird is necessary STAB and Roost is necessary recovery.

At this point, the team really appreciated cleric support, and with the removal of Excadrill comes the removal of hazard control, and with the addition of Talonflame, comes the necessity of it once again. I added Specially-defensive Togekiss in this slot purely for the role compression of Defog+Heal Bell. I went with what is an incredibly-niche, and, in my opinion, very bad set on most teams, of
Air Slash / Heal Bell / Defog / Roost and a spread of 248 HP / 4 SpA / 140 SpD / 116 Spe with a Calm Nature. Air Slash is STAB with a juicy 60% chance to flinch the opponent when factoring in Serene Grace. Heal Bell and Defog provide cleric and hazard control support, respectively. Roost is necessary as any team with Talonflame needs reliable removal with recovery, and it allows it to stay around throughout the game. The spread minimises Stealth Rock damage whilst maximising special bulk and outpacing and creeping the common bulky Mega Heracross that is currently running enough Speed to hit around 222 Speed as to outpace Rotom-W. The set is actually really cool when you consider that Suicune is running Rest, Scarf Jirachi hates the common Will-o-Wisp from Mega Gardevoir & the common Thunder Wave from Clefable, and Mega Venusaur is constantly coming in on Scalds from the likes of Keldeo and Will-o-Wisp from Rotom-W, which significantly reduces its longevity.

Venusaur @ Venusaurite
EVs: 248 HP / 168 Def / 76 SpD / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Synthesis
- Knock Off

Suicune @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Scald
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Landorus-Therian @ Lum Berry
EVs: 160 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def / 92 Spe
Impish Nature
- Swords Dance
- Stealth Rock
- Smack Down
- Earthquake

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Healing Wish
- U-turn
- Heart Stamp

Talonflame @ Leftovers
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 248 HP / 116 Def / 144 SpD
Impish Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Bulk Up
- Brave Bird
- Roost

Togekiss @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 248 HP / 4 SpA / 140 SpD / 116 Spe
Calm Nature
- Air Slash
- Heal Bell
- Defog
- Roost
I went through so many iterations of this team, originally considering Specially-defensive Jirachi with rocks, but Defensive Landorus-T was a necessity, and Jirachi is horrendous at getting and maintaining rocks against stall. I then tried out AV Metagross, but it just exasperated the poor Bisharp matchup this team had. I also tried out Scarf Tyranitar with Superpower+Assault Vest Excadrill, but this didn't work out too well, as AV Excadrill isn't a great Pokemon in general, and it fails to effectively take on Fairy-types, especially Mega Gardevoir, plus ScarfTar+Drill is still sketchy against Surf Latios. The penultimate iteration of the team was actually Venusaur/Suicune/Landorus/Fast Heatran/Togekiss with enough Speed for Bisharp and Aura Sphere/Scarf Jirachi, but it struck me that I could have Heal Bell+a real Bisharp check and a secondary Mega Gardevoir check by replacing Heatran with Talonflame.

It was an arduous task to rate this team, but I really like Mega Venusaur and I thought that something solid could be made out of it without taking away from the whole "Mega Venusaur balance" theme. Sure, it's a little more semi-stally now, but it is stronger than before. I hope you enjoy, and I hope I haven't offended you in changing the team so much.

Thanks for reading, and, peace :]

I'd recommend running a skarmory over excadrill as it has acess to defog and it deals with the one Pokemon your team is really weak too, Mega Medicham. Also change the Lando-T set the the scarf variant as it can check Charizard Y with a rock slide or stone edge.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)