ORAS OU Mega Zard Y +Serperior team (needs fixing)

Hi everyone! This is my most recent team and I've noticed that it has quite a few flaws, but I've no idea how to fix them, so I decided to post it here to possibly get some help. Without further ado, here's my team!

Charizard

charizard.gif

Charizard (F) @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Solar Beam
- Roost
- Hidden Power [Ground]

The first Pokemon I chose for the team was Charizard Y because it's fast and powerful. Plus, I haven't used it in a while, so I decided to give it a shot.
The moves Nature and EVs are pretty simple. Fire Blast for STAB, SolarBeam for Water types, Roost for recovery and finally, HP Ground for Heatran (even SpDef Tran gets 2HKOed)

Serperior

serperior.gif

Serperior (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Contrary
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Dragon Pulse
- Hidden Power [Rock]
- Substitute

The Pokemon I decided to partner up with my Charizard, was Serperior, my 2nd favorite Pokemon and a huge powerhouse when given the chance. Once again, everything is self-explanatory. I have Leaf Storm to boost, DPulse for sort of a coverage move (not that Serperior gets much of a movepool anyway...) HP Rock is for all the types Leaf Storm won't hit super-effectively or neutrally (except Steel, I might change it to HP Fire, but I have Zard....idk, opinions?) Sub is to avoid status and damage for easier set-ups.

Weavile

weavile.gif

Weavile (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Ice Shard
- Icicle Crash
- Poison Jab

The third monster on the team was chosen for that exact reason, cause it's a monster. It outspeeds most of the tier and does at least neutral damage with one of its moves to almost everything. Knock Off support and priority is very nice. This thing acts as my Dragon killer and wallbreaker. (especially against Chansey). I have Poison Jab to hit Fairies. I might change its Nature to Adamant since I already have fast threats...

Keldeo

keldeo.gif

Keldeo @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Justified
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Icy Wind

Keldeo was chosen to make a nice little FWG core on this team and my check for opposing Weavile. I was debating whether to use Scarf or Specs on this thing, but decided on Scarf to get more Speed as Keldeo already packs quite a punch. It's my revenge killer and possible back up sweeper.

Landorus-T

landorus-therian.gif

Landorus-T @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- U-turn
- Earthquake

At this point I realized I needed something to check Talonflame and a physical wall in general, so I chose Lando-T as it provides Stealth Rock support as well. It also has U-turn, giving me some utility.
The rest of the team covers its weaknesses quite nicely as well.

Raikou

raikou.gif

Raikou @ Assault Vest
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 224 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 28 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Thunderbolt
- Shadow Ball

The last Pokemon I chose was Raikou because I needed a Special wall, but also a powerful Special attacker and Raikou fits this role nicely, since it forms a little Volt/Turn core with Landorus. I think this thing is the weakest link on the team, though, because it can't take hits as well as I'd like it to.

So, that's the team. I hope I explained anything well, but if you have any questions, feel free to ask and recommend some changes to the team you feel are necessary. Thanks for reading!

Hey nice team! FalseHopes did a good job rating this one, but I have a few other suggestions.

-First, I agree with Earthquake > HP Ground on Charizard-Y for the reasons stated previously by FalseHopes, but I think Focus Blast would be better in general. While they have different coverage, Focus Blast still hits Heatran hard enough, and it being a special move means it has more kick for other Pokemon that both Focus Blast and EQ hit (in general). IMO this is worth at least testing just to survey your options. Also, I'd run Modest > Timid here. Char-Y is an excellent breaker, and simply put it can use that extra firepower. This team is already nice and fast with Raikou, Weavile, Serperior, and Scarf Keldeo, so you aren't really losing much by making this Modest in terms of speedy Pokemon.

-On Landorus-T, I'd run the Offensive Stealth Rock set (set provided below). After changing your Raikou's spread (which I 100% agree with and suggest), bulky Lando-T just kinda becomes a momentum killer when it has the potential to be an offensive breaker with enough bulk to still support your team. If you want more breaking power to help with the stall match up, I'd suggest running Swords Dance in that fourth slot, but if you want more coverage/utility, I'd suggest running Knock Off. In general, Swords Dance on Landorus-T helps to add another set up sweeper and possible win condition to this team, which is definitely appreciated.
Landorus-Therian @ Soft Sand
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 64 HP / 252 Atk / 192 Spe
Adamant Nature / Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance / Knock Off
- Stealth Rock

go with adamant nature if you're running knock off; go with jolly nature if you're running swords dance.
Hopefully I could help you out here! n_n

Usually Low Kick or Pursuit is preferable to Poison Jab on Weavile, but I suppose that because your team doesn't have much to deal with fairies it might be OK in this situation.

The main issue I see with this team though is that you have no way to clear stealth rocks. Sometimes this isn't an issue on offensive teams like yours but the fact that only 1 of your pokemon even resists them (Keldeo) and that you're running Weavile and especially Charizard, you can't afford to leave them up on your side of the field. Personally I think I would use Latios > Raikou to fix this, though Latias/Excadrill/Starmie would all probably do a pretty good job as well - the reason I picked out Latios is because you said you wanted a special attacker in that slot and it offers the most offensive pressure on the special side out of these options.
Latios @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power Fire/Roost/
- Defog

Hope my suggestion proves useful, good luck battling!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)