ORAS OU MegaCross + Raikou Team. My First RMT!

I LOVE to mess around with PS team builder, but I've never really sat down to make a really good team. I think I made a good team, but it needs a lot of improvements. But if you like the team, let me know and feel free to use it!

upload_2016-3-27_10-0-2.png
I started with mega Heracross, because I think it has a lot of power in the OU tier right now.

upload_2016-3-27_10-1-49.png
upload_2016-3-27_10-2-14.png
Then I put in Raikou and Landorus, because they have good synergy with Heracross, and with each other.

upload_2016-3-27_10-4-45.png
At this point, my team had big weaknesses to ice, fairy and flying, and Heatran resists all these. Plus, it is really popular right now and does what it does really well.
upload_2016-3-27_10-6-30.png
My team was fairly balanced right now, but it was pretty weak to stealth rocks, spikes, ect. and had a big weakness to water, so I put in defog Latios to balance it out.
upload_2016-3-27_10-11-24.png
I once again had a weakness to ice, and i still had a weakness to water, and to ghost, so i put in crawdaunt, which i think is really underrated in the ou tier, thanks to adaptability.

THE TEAM:

upload_2016-3-27_11-13-27.png

Heracross-Mega @ Heracronite
Ability: Moxie
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Rock Blast
- Bullet Seed
- Megahorn Pin Missile
- Swords Dance Substitute

Heracross Has A LOT of power. I mean A LOT. The only problem is that it doesn't have much speed.
This set takes advantage of this amazing attack stat, with 3 attacks with 125 base power, thanks to skill link (forgot about pin missile, replaced megahorn when i remembered). I had Swords dance to boost attack, but i find substitute better. I generally use it as a revenge killer on something that is weak to one of my attacks, and set up substitute if i predict switch out.

upload_2016-3-27_10-32-46.png

Raikou @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [fire] Hidden Power [ice]

Raikou may just be the MVP of the team. It has great synergy with Heracross, thanks to thunder wave, and good synergy with Lando, because of volt switch. I went HP ice over HP fire because i cant touch garchomp with this set, and because this is usually my lead to get an early thunder wave, that is really important.

upload_2016-3-27_10-39-57.png

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-turn
- Superpower
What is their to say about this thing? It is just way to overpowered for ou, but it works really well with cleaning up the endgame, as well as a safe switch in, because of the electric and ground immunities. The moveset is pretty standard, but effective. It can pick up an easy kill, and if you use it right, it is an absolute monster.

upload_2016-3-27_10-48-8.png

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 188 SpD / 68 Spe
Calm Nature
- Lava Plume
- Toxic
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock
I'm sure that there are far better pokemon to use than this, but for now, this is on the team. I dont have much to say about this, it's the smogon moveset, and it does still work, but not as well as i think it could. Please comment if you know anything better that could work in this slot.

upload_2016-3-27_11-13-27.png

Latios @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Ice Beam
I haven't really gotten a chance to send this out in a battle well yet, except for one, which is why it is still in the team. It is hard to use, but if you use it right, then it works really well. main use is for defog, but draco meteor has good attacking power.

upload_2016-3-27_11-48-9.png

Crawdaunt @ Life Orb
Ability: Adaptability
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Crabhammer
- Crunch
- Dragon Dance
Crawdaunt is OP. It has an amazing abality and a good moveset to support it. it doesn't get that much speed, but dragon dance fixes that. This really brings the team together. Aqua Jet is a good go-to move as it gets a lot of power from it.

As I play more games ill put replays here, but for now, BYE GUYZZZ!

Attachments

Ehy Man nice team :)
Your team is really weak to Sand Teams with Excadrill and Lopunny. Yes you have Landorus but your set is Scarf this means you can't swich-in with Landorus but you can only try to revegekiss this pokemon that is bad. My suggest is to try Defensive Landorus-T that helps you against this problems because is a good check of this pokemon. You put try Toxic>u-turn for lure Hippodown and other Landorus that are annoying. But if you prefer a volt-urn core u-turn is the best option.
Landorus-Therian @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 8 SpD / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock

Also you don't have a really wincon in this team, my suggest is to try Talonflame>Heatran that really works with Heracross and gives you a good priority move that is fantastic for this team, also have a good synergy with Landorus specifically if you use Toxic, because lure Rotom-W that is the main Talonflame counter.
Talonflame @ Sharp Beak
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Swords Dance
- Roost

Also this team is weak to fairy such a Diancie and Latios is really annoying because you don't have a good swich-in for it. My suggest is to try Scizor that gives you a second priority, check Weavile that is annoying for this team and helps against fairy/Latios, also has u-turn that complete the volt-urn core.
Scizor @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Superpower
- Pursuit

Raikou is your main check for Water type like Manaphy, for this reason my suggest is to try Assault Vest>Leftovers also T-Wave don't really work on Raikou, that often prefers a coverage, my suggest is to try Shadow Ball.
Raikou @ Assault Vest
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power Ice
- Shadow Ball

Heracross don't really need Substitute in this team, my suggest is to try Sword Dance that gives you a second win-con that is really good for this team. Also Jolly>Adamant Nature is the best option because allows you to outspeed Adamant Bisharp for example.
Heracross @ Heracronite
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Pin Missile
- Rock Blast
- Swords Dance

Also ferrothorn and Steel type are annoying for this team, for this reason my suggest is to try Hidden Power Fire on Latios for lure this pokemon.
Latios @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power Fire

Summary of the changes:
  • The set on Raikou
  • Talonflame>Heatran
  • The set on Landorus
  • The set on Latios
  • The set on Heracross
  • Scizor>Crawdount
Team Complete:
Landorus-Therian @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 8 SpD / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock

Talonflame @ Sharp Beak
Ability: Gale Wings
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Swords Dance
- Roost

Scizor @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Superpower
- Pursuit

Raikou @ Assault Vest
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power Ice
- Shadow Ball

Heracross @ Heracronite
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Pin Missile
- Rock Blast
- Swords Dance

Latios @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power Fire

Hope help you! :)

p2

Banned deucer.
before i rate this team; you might want to put a little more description for your pokemon and why you used them because the thread might get locked as there isn't enough description.

hi nice team. because your heatran is a slow variant, offensive mega scizor looks very problematic for your team, or even defensive ones that nail heatran on the switch. to fix that, i would make heatran offensive and give it air balloon which can give you a last resort to use against sand since lando-t is scarf meaning it's not taking hits from excadrill very well. i would also change raikou from twave to cm in order to pressure teams that lack an answer to it, because raikou without specs or a boosting move just sits there, while cm actually pressures opposing electric types well. when using heracross, it should never run bullet seed because bullet seed is pointless coverage as it blows back water types with its stabs anyway, change bullet seed to close combat which is also heracross's most powerful and spammable move. i would also consider running jolly to ensure you outspeed bisharp and breloom, so you don't get flinched to death by iron head or spored. crawdaunt should also never run dragon dance in ou, it's way too slow to properly utilize it even at +1 and it's just better off using swords dance because +2 crawdaunt just shreds defensive teams.

sets**

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic / Earth Power
- Taunt
- Lava Plume

changes in short**
offensive > defensive

calm mind > thunder wave

close combat + jolly > bullet seed + adamant

swords dance + knock off > dragon dance + crunch

gl with the team.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)