ORAS OU Megagross & Co

Hello and welcome to my RMT thread ! This RMT is for a balanced team made around the beast known as Mega-Gross. When I was building this team, I used the smogon.com/stats data to know Mega-gross' counters and how to check or counter most of those counters and also the most used pokemon in the metagame. After so much paperwork I settled on those six guys :

Now, I know that most of those guys are OP, but the truth is that if you want to win, you should use OP pokemon, because eventually will be against them. BTW Greninja might get banned, which I think that I have the right replacement for him, I will talk about it later. Anyways, let's go :

-------

Metagross @ Metagrossite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Earthquake
- Zen Headbutt
- Ice Punch

As you can see, this is my main man. I usually send him out at the end of the battle to sweep whatever remains. It has good coverage, but sometimes I feel like something is missing in his set. Using the stats database, Slowbro, Skarmory and Mandibuzz are the three most common checks and counters for Megagross , and Thundurus has the potenitinal to KO them. This is an example of what I thought about while building the team.

Thundurus @ Life Orb
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Volt Switch

I usually lead with Thundurus because of Prankster T-Wave and KO other Non Scarf Land-Ts with my HP Ice. Life Orb is really important but can also wear it down quickly, so I need to think wisely before attacking. Volt Switch is there to create a nice Volt-Turn core with Landorus-T in the team.

Landorus-Therian @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 240 Def / 8 SpD / 12 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Knock Off

The most used Pokemon in the tier, why shouldn't I use him? He is really good offensively and defensively. Sets up rocks, scare of physical attackers and can also counter other Land-T. Sometimes I think that I should give him a choice scarf, but that would be very hard to do because it will change the balance of my team, so I decided to keep it as a defensive one.

Greninja @ Life Orb
Ability: Protean
Timid Nature
- Spikes
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Extrasensory

The hated one ! He is hated because he is the most OP pokemon in the tier, and that's why they made the suspect test for him. He is really good in revenge killing . I used to run Gunk-Turn but changed my mind a bit since I have a volt-turn core already and need more hazards in the team, so I decided to put spike, which I think that I will replace with another move soon . If Greninja gets band, I will replace him with an offensive Gengar, which can almost do what Greninja do in the metagame .

Conkeldurr @ Assault Vest
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Ice Punch
- Poison Jab

Conkeldurr can actually counter and check a lot of the common threats in the tier and force them to switch out and take advantage of that . This is a Basic AV set , so I consider this guy as my Sp. Wall , but I think that he lacks the consistency in doing so. It can also get a boost from status conditions which is a good way to counter Scalders . If you predict right, this guy will do wonders.

Heatran @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Overheat
- Flash Cannon
- Earth Power
- Ancient Power

Heatran can fit in almost every team and it has a lot of sets that it can use too, and in this team I decided to use a scarf Heatran because of the lack of one, and how monstrous it is. It actually surprises a lot of people and OHKO a lot of pokemons. It can also take a lot of hits and suck them without too much damage which is nice .

---------------

Now the reasons that I did this RMT is that I need to know the flaws of this team, I need to know the Pokemon that can counter and destroy the whole team . Personally , I think that I have problems with the opponents hazards, and also the lack of a cleric. Some of the mega walls are hard to KO too .

Thanks for reading this RMT , and sorry for my bad english and short descriptions.

Importable :

Thundurus @ Life Orb
Ability: Prankster
Timid Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Volt Switch

Metagross @ Metagrossite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Earthquake
- Zen Headbutt
- Ice Punch

Landorus-Therian @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 240 Def / 8 SpD / 12 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Knock Off

Greninja @ Life Orb
Ability: Protean
Timid Nature
- Spikes
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Extrasensory

Conkeldurr @ Assault Vest
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Ice Punch
- Poison Jab

Heatran @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Flash Fire
Modest Nature
- Overheat
- Flash Cannon
- Earth Power
- Ancient Power

Pent

dumb broad
Okie dokie.

First of all, I would change Ice Punch/EQ to Bullet Punch for the surprising Priority that can do an amazing chunk to Fairies and Ice Types.

Next, you have no hazard control! And since you're running Spikes and Stealth Rock, I guess a spinner would fit well here. Honestly, I would even get rid of Greninja for this slot since Spikes is just, there. Just see no point in it.

Rapid Spinners

Starmie

Starmie @ Life Orb
Ability: Analytic
IVs: 0 Atk
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Psyshock
- Ice Beam
- Rapid Spin

Starmie @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure/Analytic
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Recover

Tentacruel

Tentacruel @ Black Sludge
Ability: Liquid Ooze/Rain Dish
EVs: 224 HP / 252 Def / 32 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Rapid Spin
- Acid Spray/Sludge Bomb
- Knock Off/Toxic Spikes/Toxic

Tentacruel @ Black Sludge
Ability: Rain Dish
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Toxic Spikes
- Knock Off/Scald
- Knock Off/Protect

Excadrill

(Backwards Sprites because I hate Rapid Spinner Excadrill, almost as much as Der Twist)

Excadrill @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide
- Rapid Spin

Excadrill @ Life Orb
Ability: Sand Rush/Mold Breaker
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide/Swords Dance
- Iron Head
- Rapid Spin

Donphan

Donphan @ Assault Vest/Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 172 HP / 252 Atk / 84 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Ice Shard

Defoggers

Lati@s

Latios @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Roost/HP Fire or Fighting
- Defog

Latias @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 72 HP / 184 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Draco Meteor
- Hidden Power Fire
- Healing Wish

Mew

Mew @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP / 104 Def / 152 Spe
Impish Nature
- Defog
- Soft-Boiled
- Will-O-Wisp
- Knock Off

Other than that, the team looks good!
Hope it helps. :]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)