Megas For All (Read the whole 1st post and check current slate)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was thinking of a Bug type Gale Force for the old Knight Bug. (You can steal it if you want. I probably won't remember to submit it). Effectively, I like throwing flavor in...and if it flies around at high speed looking to impale something, why not let it have priority with its Megahorn?

I dunno, I just like problem-solving with what I'm given, with maybe a few minor nudges; I guess my big issue here is that a discharge on every attack is WAY different from a non-damaging move like Growl or Magic Coat.

This isn't meant to pick on you, mind you; I think several of the chosen megas are just ridiculous even beyond abilities (really, Ground/Fire Sandslash with an all new moveset? Really, Ground/Dark Marowak? Really, Normal/Dragon Furret??? And to be honest, really, Adaptability Lucario instead of Mega Launcher Luke, Game Freak?) and some of them just bug me because they disregard patterns (the fact that the Eeveelutions don't have the same stat amounts allocated in different stats REALLY grinds my gears).

Take Sandslash. Easily could've gotten Spiky Shield as a new move and Rough Skin as an ability to match its spiky flavor instead of a total overhaul. Marowak would make much more sense as a Ghost type than a Dark type in all regards. Furret...geh, anything would've made more sense.

I'm getting off-topic and probably just come across as a curmudgeon at this point, so I'm sorry, but I guess I just see brilliant ideas like Sand Force Hippowdon, Mega Launcher Magmortar, and your own spectacular Parental Bond Leavanny (disregard that "your" if you aren't GG Unit) and I wish everything matched that level of excellence.
The patterns deal I agree with. And that Fire Sandslash. But for Marowak, there's no real reason for it to be Ghost, there was one Ghost Marowak in Pokémon canon. The only other Pokémon that incorporates bones in its design, Mandibuzz, is Dark as well. And Normal/Dragon Furret was just people having fun because Furret sucks.

The patterns deal I agree with. And that Fire Sandslash. But for Marowak, there's no real reason for it to be Ghost, there was one Ghost Marowak in Pokémon canon. The only other Pokémon that incorporates bones in its design, Mandibuzz, is Dark as well. And Normal/Dragon Furret was just people having fun because Furret sucks.
It was originally rock type

No offense to anyone, of course:
I think Sandslash should've stayed pure Ground, that's relatively unexplored besides Donphan. Or Poison, it learns Poison Sting, which is almost exclusive to Poison types so it's not too out-there. I could see it having Flame Wheel or Flame Charge, because a lot of things learn that and aren't Fire. Both would work well with Technician as would Rock Tomb and Aerial Ace.

I think we should take a second look at some of the currently approved Megas. But first we should finish the ones we haven't done, and try not to mess those up.

Last edited:
No offense to anyone, of course:
I think Sandslash should've stayed pure Ground, that's relatively unexplored besides Donphan. Or Poison, it learns Poison Sting, which is almost exclusive to Poison types so it's not too out-there. I could see it having Flame Wheel or Flame Charge, because a lot of things learn that and aren't Fire. Both would work well with Technician as would Rock Tomb and Aerial Ace.

I think we should take a second look at some of the currently approved Megas. But first we should finish the ones we haven't done, and try not to mess those up.
Seriously seconded. Plus it would let us deal with the weird glut of needless Dark-types. Serperior? Persian? Raticate? Marowak? Friggin Vespiquen? Honestly the only one that makes a lick of sense on the spreadsheet is Luxray, to give it nice STAB on Crunch, but even that's a bit weird given Luxray's, y'know, focused on light.

But the absolute "winner" of absurd megas is Flash Fire Durant. Like, that joke we're having about Escavalier? They actually went and did it.

Also, again, might just be me, but I seriously think that mon in prominent groups that have equal base stat numbers distributed over different stats (such as the Eeveelutions) should be normalized so their megas follow their precedent (which has mainly been a problem, I'd imagine, because different people did different mons). We could easily just vote for mons en masse in this case.

That's the last I'll say about it, but seriously, we need to do some tidying up.

From what I've seen in Tier Shift, Jellicient is something that can still be good with Water Absorb/Cursed Body, or is there anything anyone else had had in mind?

Seriously seconded. Plus it would let us deal with the weird glut of needless Dark-types. Serperior? Persian? Raticate? Marowak? Friggin Vespiquen? Honestly the only one that makes a lick of sense on the spreadsheet is Luxray, to give it nice STAB on Crunch, but even that's a bit weird given Luxray's, y'know, focused on light.

But the absolute "winner" of absurd megas is Flash Fire Durant. Like, that joke we're having about Escavalier? They actually went and did it.

Also, again, might just be me, but I seriously think that mon in prominent groups that have equal base stat numbers distributed over different stats (such as the Eeveelutions) should be normalized so their megas follow their precedent (which has mainly been a problem, I'd imagine, because different people did different mons). We could easily just vote for mons en masse in this case.

That's the last I'll say about it, but seriously, we need to do some tidying up.
I mostly agree, but the reason Durant has Flash Fire is to give it an advantage in its rivalry against Heatmor. I personally think it'd be fun to give Mega Heatmor Mold Breaker just to spice things up, but that's a discussion for another day. That actually makes some sense flavor-wise. Some of those Dark-types need to go, however. I'll back you on that one.

Persian, raticate, and marowak were all voted on by the community and possibly luxray, serperior, and vespiquen(if they were I wasn't here for them). FF Durant makes sense flavor wise because when it megas it finally has the ability to beat Heatmor. Although some of the megas approved by acestriker initially aren't very good but probably won't get replaced because reasons.

From what I've seen in Tier Shift, Jellicient is something that can still be good with Water Absorb/Cursed Body, or is there anything anyone else had had in mind?
Storm Drain and (to a lesser extent) Dry Skin have been brought up. Speed would be a great boon for Jell's Water Spout to really shine.

Also, the only discussion on Amoonguss so far is the possible use of Propagate, the Parasect custom ability that launches Leech Seed upon switching in. It would certainly be nifty, but I'm not sure I wouldn't rather stick with Regenerator, considering

-Amoonguss causes plenty of switches with its great bulk and the threat of Spore,
-While Leech Seed on the switch would guarantee some health recovery (barring Grass, Magic Guard, and Liquid Ooze foes), all the foe needs to do is switch to remove Leech Seed (and, again, this switch would probably happen regardless). Overall, Amoonguss would gain less HP on average per switch-in than if it just kept Regenerator, and
-Unlike Parasect, Amoonguss can't even learn Leech Seed (and I'm super against giving it Leech Seed as this drastically changes non-mega Amoonguss), making this a bit of a stretch (although I'll concede that, if this is a new ability, Propagate could be more of a Leech Seed clone that allows for this to make more sense)

Persian, raticate, and marowak were all voted on by the community and possibly luxray, serperior, and vespiquen(if they were I wasn't here for them). FF Durant makes sense flavor wise because when it megas it finally has the ability to beat Heatmor. Although some of the megas approved by acestriker initially aren't very good but probably won't get replaced because reasons.
Which is why we should do a review. When this is all done, a simple, final "yea/nay" on mons that anybody brings up as problematic. Because, I'm sorry, but 105 Attack Ground/Dark Marowak with Huge Power? That's something a twelve-year-old thinks of because it sounds cool. And I won't stand for children dictating what occurs in this children's game!

(But seriously it's hells dumb.)

As for Durant, it's still completely absurd that it suddenly gets Flare Blitz and Will-o-Wisp. We have to bear in mind that regular forms get the new moves as well. It can't just be done because it's nice for the mega to have. Heck, if we're hellbent on doing the whole Heatmor rivalry thing (not only is Mold Breaker Heatmor not on the spreadsheet, but Durant's rival is clearly James), give it that new Fire Absorb ability. It's hardly a stretch as far as new abilities go.

Which is why we should do a review. When this is all done, a simple, final "yea/nay" on mons that anybody brings up as problematic. Because, I'm sorry, but 105 Attack Ground/Dark Marowak with Huge Power? That's something a twelve-year-old thinks of because it sounds cool. And I won't stand for children dictating what occurs in this children's game!

(But seriously it's hells dumb.)

As for Durant, it's still completely absurd that it suddenly gets Flare Blitz and Will-o-Wisp. We have to bear in mind that regular forms get the new moves as well. It can't just be done because it's nice for the mega to have. Heck, if we're hellbent on doing the whole Heatmor rivalry thing (not only is Mold Breaker Heatmor not on the spreadsheet, but Durant's rival is clearly James), give it that new Fire Absorb ability. It's hardly a stretch as far as new abilities go.
As I said, the community liked the marowak more than the multiple ghost type submissions. it has huge power because of an item called thick club.

As I said, the community liked the marowak more than the multiple ghost type submissions. it has huge power because of an item called thick club.
Erm. Okay, champ in the making, here's a protip: don't assume that other people don't know basic information. It makes you look way more douchey than I'm sure you actually are.

I know what Thick Club is. Even if you didn't know that I've been playing various Pokemon online games since RSE (and I'd be pretty frightened if you did), it's safe to just assume anyone on this forum could tell you what Thick Club is. I fully get the mentality behind Huge Power in this scenario, but that doesn't suddenly mean that Huge Power 105 Attack Ground/Dark Marowak isn't completely batshit insane. Mawile has 105 Attack and is getting suspected any minute now, and that's without amazing Ground STAB and coverage like the elemental punches. Mawile's Sucker Punch getting people down? Let's try that with STAB!

Plus, dear god, while Mawile has better defensive typing, every single one of Marowak's stats is superior (and in the case of defenses, notably superior) barring their equal Attack stat. This is precisely why we need to have a final review.

Last edited:
Erm. Okay, champ in the making, here's a protip: don't assume that other people don't know basic information. It makes you look way more douchey than I'm sure you actually are.

I know what Thick Club is. It's safe to just assume anyone on this forum knows what Thick Club is. I fully get the mentality behind Huge Power in this scenario, but that doesn't suddenly mean that Huge Power 105 Attack Ground/Dark Marowak isn't completely ridiculous. Mawile has 105 Attack and is getting suspected any minute now, and that's without amazing Ground STAB and coverage like the elemental punches.
There's also the fact that mawile boasts the best defensive type possible while ground/dark is shit defensively being able to get revenged by no less than four priority moves(two of which are common) as well as being weak to 5 of the most common types in OU.
But that coverage tho. This is a meta where there are over 300 OP mons(as well as the fact that we are probably gonna be able to use multiple of them at a time). and as the motto of brokemons goes: if everything is op, then nothing is op. Add to that the fact that it can't hold an item and you have a case of non-brokenness.
252+ Atk Huge Power Mega Mawile Return vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Abomasnow: 266-314 (69.2 - 81.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Pure Power Medicham Return vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Abomasnow: 283-333 (73.6 - 86.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Medicham does more damage being able to hold an item

There's also the fact that mawile boasts the best defensive type possible while ground/dark is shit defensively being able to get revenged by no less than four priority moves(two of which are common) as well as being weak to 5 of the most common types in OU.
But that coverage tho. This is a meta where there are over 300 OP mons(as well as the fact that we are probably gonna be able to use multiple of them at a time). and as the motto of brokemons goes: if everything is op, then nothing is op. Add to that the fact that it can't hold an item and you have a case of non-brokenness.
252+ Atk Huge Power Mega Mawile Return vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Abomasnow: 266-314 (69.2 - 81.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Pure Power Medicham Return vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Abomasnow: 283-333 (73.6 - 86.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Medicham does more damage being able to hold an item
Medicham dies to a faint breeze. A pokemon with 60/125/105 defenses assuredly does not, even with pisspoor defensive typing. Also, the ability to choose multiple moves is pretty nifty, as is Marowak having Swords Dance access.

Moreover, this isn't brokemons. Only one mon per team gets to be mega (read the original post: "My favorite part of this pet mod is that its effect on the OU metagame is two-fold in that it gives new roles to already viable mons and makes unviable ones more viable in the OU metagame but it will not shift the meta to an extreme degree because a player can only use one mega evolution at a time"). And, last time I checked, most of the megas chosen have been cool and creative but not overpowered. This shouldn't be a contest to make the most bloated, powerful mons out there. That's what, well, brokemons is for. If you like broke mons, then go to brokemons.

This should be a meta that, as the original post states, gives us cool new roles and allows every pokemon a chance to make it to the big leagues. Not get drowned out by a handful of overpowered mon, especially as that would ultimately be unfair to the overpowered mon that would get their asses banned. I love Marowak too much to have her banned. Cubone's already been through so much without having to lose yet another mother!

(I hate that "original post" and "overpowered" are both OP, had to spell it out every time like a sucker.)

((also you say "the fact that" a lot.))

Last edited:
you seem to be forgetting one fact. marowak-m was created by us which means that if it is deemed borked(which I am thouroughly convinced it won't be) it would not be banned but instead it would be altered. now as it is 12:00 in my timezone I hope this argument will not go further since my argument making skills will begin deteriorating

This needs to stop. However I thinks this fight is real cute, we are getting way off track. There has been discussion that we will likely be able to use more than one mega by the end of this and a lot of megas will be reviewed at the end of this as well. The key point there was at the end. We still haven't got a mega for every fully evolved pokemon yet and we aren't talking about anything else until do.
For now lets stay on track. This is currently the voting and discussion period. Soon to be Submission period.

Wait I was looking through all the accepted mega evolutions and why am I suddenly having Fire type features as a mega because how does it really make sense.
Personally I would have just made a new ability to give Durant immunity to fire type. I LOVE the idea of a Durant immune to fire (sort of like an actual evolution where over time it gets an immunity to its biggest foe). It's like how Mega Aerodactyl is supposed to be what Aerodactyl actually is. Mega Durant being the Durant all Durants secretly want to be.

Wait I was looking through all the accepted mega evolutions and why am I suddenly having Fire type features as a mega because how does it really make sense.
This is why...(see post below) I feel I did a pretty decent job explaining why the Fire-y aspects in the mega-evo. If you've not heard of bombardier beetles you should look them up, it's pretty amazing watching an inspect spray boiling acid over it's foes. The reason for Will-O-Wisp and Flare Blitz in addition to Fire Fang was purely competitive, which again, is explained in the below post.

Mega Durant

Concept
Millennia of being preyed upon by Heatmor have given Durant a very powerful evolutionary pressure to protect itself from the flame-bodied anteater. Very rarely, Durant are found that have evolved a complete immunity to the fires of Heatmor. It is theorised that these Mega-Durant evolved through some historic mating with an as-yet undiscovered of species of bombardier beetle Pokemon, since Mega-Durant seem able to generate and spew flame from their abdomens.

Typing: Bug/Steel
Ability: Swarm/Hustle/Truant ----> Flash Fire

__________________________________ (+60)(+20) (+20)
Stats: 58/109/112/48/48/109 -----> 58/169/132/48/48/129

New Moves: Will-o-Wisp, Flare Blitz, Fire Fang

Explanation
The concept behind using Mega-Durant was admittedly inspired by fan-boy "Oh cool, let's turn this 4x weakness into an immunity" but the idea of an ant evolving into a bombardier beetle isn't too far-fetched (at least for Pokemon). Bombardier beetles are able to use explosive compounds against their foes and unless damaged, the beetles are unaffected by their pyro-antics. With this in mind, I decided to give Durant Flash Fire. Durant is one of those Pokemon that almost have the tools they need to compete in OU but fall slightly short. Competitively, Durant’s new Ability brings mixed gifts. The loss of Hustle reduces Durant’s attack power slightly, despite the base attack increase. However, Durant’s greatest weakness was its 4x Fire weakness which becomes an immunity upon mega-evolution, allowing it to absorb incoming Fire attacks and boost its own Flare Blitz hugely. In terms of new moves, Flare Blitz provides great coverage against Steels, and Will-o-Wisp turns Durant into a respectable physical wall, making the most of the increased bulk of its mega-form.

Playing with Mega-Durant
The idea is not to mega-evolve unless you need to. Hustle Durant is actually more powerful than its Mega, unless you are flinging around Flash Fire-boosted Flare Blitzes, so if you can attack first, or threaten something with a burn, you can stay in normal form. If you can predict a Fire attack, or you need the extra defence/speed, it's time to Mega-evolve.

Mega-Durant
Durant @ Durantite
Evs: 4 Def / 252 Atk / 252 Spe (could switch speed EVs to defence if you want better walling capabilities)
Nature : Adamant/Jolly
- Flare Blitz
- X-Scissor/Iron Head
- Stone Edge/Superpower/Will-o-Wisp
- Hone Claws/Will-o-Wisp

The set options are very changeable depending on what coverage you are willing to be walled by, and whether or not you want to sweep or wall physical attackers. Hone Claws is usable either with three attacks, or with two attacks and Will-o-Wisp, as it grants a 100% accuracy burn attack, and extremely powerful 100% accuracy attacks with Hustle.

Some calcs:

Hustle Durant vs Mega-Durant
252 Atk Hustle Durant X-Scissor vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Tyranitar: 320-378 (79.2 - 93.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Mega-Durant X-Scissor vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Tyranitar: 294-348 (72.7 - 86.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Mega-Durant Flare Blitz vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Mega Mawile: 264-312 (86.8 - 102.6%) -- 18.8% chance to OHKO

After Hone Claws
+1 252 Atk Hustle Durant X-Scissor vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Tyranitar: 476-564 (117.8 - 139.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+1 252 Atk Mega-Durant X-Scissor vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Tyranitar: 440-518 (108.9 - 128.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+1 252 Atk Mega-Durant Flare Blitz vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Lucario: 640-754 (227.7 - 268.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO
After Flash Fire
252 Atk Flash Fire Mega-Durant Flare Blitz vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Mega Mawile: 394-464 (129.6 - 152.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 Atk Flash Fire Mega-Durant Flare Blitz vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Lucario: 640-754 (227.7 - 268.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Defensively
252+ Atk burned Landorus-T Earthquake vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Durant: 76-90 (29.4 - 34.8%) -- 14.3% chance to 3HKO
252 Atk burned Lucario Close Combat vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Durant: 69-81 (26.7 - 31.3%) -- guaranteed 4HKO

Okay, that SUDDENLY made a lot more sense.

I think we need a list of approved mega submissions alongside their justification and such, just so people can see why they're designed that way.

Da Pizza Man

Pizza Time
is a Pre-Contributor
Alright guys here are the results

Carracosta: GG Unit

Carracosta
Type: Water/Rock -> Water/Rock
Abilities: Solid Rock, Sturdy (Swift Swim) -> Bulletproof
New Moves: Stone Edge

HP: 74 -> 74
Atk: 108 -> 133(+25)
Def: 133 -> 158(+25)
SpA: 83 -> 93(+10)
SpD: 65 -> 105 (+40)
Spe: 32 -> 32
BST: 495 -> 595

Its shell looks like a bulletproof vest, and the ability helps against some of its biggest weaknesses (Bullet Seed and Energy Ball don't affylect it). Tried to make the stat spread geared more towards using Curse than having it be another Shell Smasher.

Garbodor: Tie between JayHankEdLyon and TheTrainator
Mega Garbodor
Type: Poison -> Poison/Steel
Ability: Stench/Weak Armor/Aftermath -> Filter
New Moves: Heavy Slam, Iron Head, Metal Claw

HP: 80 -> 80
Atk: 95 -> 115 (+20)
Def: 82 -> 154 (+70)
SpA: 60 -> 70 (+10)
SpD: 82 -> 112 (+30)
Spe: 75 -> 45 (-30)

Flavor Concept: Garbodor goes into a Dumpster.

Competitive Concept: Sets up hazards and walls attacks with a terrific set of resistances, backed up by Filter to shore up its 4x Ground weakness. A great companion to any Dragon, as it resists Fairy x4 and Ice/Dragon x2 (and also has a handy Rock resist, considering how many Dragons have secondary types weak to Rock). Moves like Clear Smog, Haze, Drain Punch, and Pain Split keep Megarbodor alive and dumping. Finally, beyond the obvious poison damage, this trash heap can be a real jerk with Infestation and Spite.

Mega Garbodor
Type: Poison -> Poison/Dark
Ability: Stench/Weak Armor/Aftermath -> Regenerator
New Moves: Stealth Rock, Sucker Punch, Fire Blast

HP: 80 -> 80 (+0)
Atk: 95 -> 115 (+20)
Def: 82 -> 122 (+40)
SpA: 60 -> 90 (+30)
SpD: 82 -> 112 (+30)
Spe: 75 -> 55 (-20)

Not only does this help improve Garbodor's prominent niche of entry hazard setter, it also adds a heck of a lot more versatility and longevity to it. I gave it an added Dark typing because A) the concept of an evil trashbag amuses me and B) because it is such a great and under represented type, (only being weak to ground.) It also actually naturally had a lot of good Dark STABS to abuse like Payback and Dark Pulse, so it makes sense. The added bulk and regenerator help it come in throughout the match to set up hazards, (as with Stealth Rock in its movepool now, it has all of them except Sticky Web.) The added offenses help it actually hit back when needed to, either with powerful Gunk Shots and Paybacks or the new Fire Blast and boosted special attack to roast the Ferrothorns who think they can hazard trade. Heck, with Sucker Punch, it can even pull of a great Curse sweep. This garbage bag is very versatile and very deadly, so be careful what you throw out - it might come right back. With a vengeance.

Cincinno: jireh the provider
Mega Cinccino A
HP:
Attack: 90 (+55) = 145
Defense: 60
Sp. Attack: 65
Sp. Defense: 60
Speed: 115 (+45) = 160
Ability: Skill Link
Type: Normal / Fighting

Newly Learned moves:
Fury Cutter, Arm Thrust, Extremespeed

Gothitelle: JayHankEdLyon
Mega Gothitelle
Type: Psychic -> Psychic/Dark
Ability: Frisk/Competitive/Shadow Tag -> Trace
New Moves: None (I'd love to bestow Lovely Kiss for flavor, but it'd make Shadow Tag Goth way too powerful)

HP: 70 -> 70
Atk: 55 -> 65 (+10)
Def: 95 -> 105 (+10)
SpA: 95 -> 125 (+30)
SpD: 110 -> 130 (+20)
Spe: 65 -> 95 (+30)

Flavor Concept: Gothitelle's weird plated dress opens to reveal layers of spikes, the hair is streamlined into a "ponytail".

Competitive Concept: A tracer that uses her non-Mega abilities to her advantage. With Frisk, Goth can scout before stealing a better ability. With Competitive, she can aim to rack up a Special Attack boost. And with Shadow Tag, beyond general trapping, she can pick and choose what ability she steals. Gothitelle already learns Dark Pulse and Foul Play, meaning both her STABs have the option of hitting both defenses (given Psychic/Psyshock). Moreover, she now loses her weaknesses to Dark and Ghost (but her new ability to shrug off Pursuit means now she REALLY hates U-Turn).

The biggest thing is that I'm really into the idea of Gothie getting a different role as a Mega than what she has in regular form; she's the only Shadow Tagger that isn't already Mega and isn't Wobbuffet, so she has the only opportunity to really show us what we could do with a "temporary trapper".

This post starts the submission period for Jellicent, Amoongus, Emolga, and Escavalier

Garbodor: Tie between JayHankEdLyon and TheTrainator

This post starts the submission period for Jellicent, Amoongus, Emolga, and Escavalier
Ha, that's easy. I actually voted for TheTrainator because I think that idea is more fun than mine. We can just go with his, unless you'd like a compromise to make it a Poison/Steel with Regen (which I still think is much better typing). Your call, TheTrainator.

In any case, thanks for liking my Gothitelle, folks, and here we go!

Mega Emolga
Type: Electric/Flying -> Dark/Dark (jk still Electric/Flying)
Ability: Static/Motor Drive -> Prankster
New Moves: Parting Shot

HP: 55 -> 55
Atk: 75 -> 85 (+10)
Def: 60 -> 90 (+30)
SpA: 75 -> 85 (+10)
SpD: 60 -> 80 (+20)
Spe: 105 -> 145 (+30)

Flavor Concept: Emolga’s black “hood” covers more of its body to make it an adorable flying stage ninja.

Competitive Concept: Is there any animal more inherently mischievous than a squirrel? With fantastic defensive Electric/Flying typing, Emolga can make for a wonderful Prankster. With bolstered defenses, Emolga can use priority Roost to stay alive and use its surprisingly large supportive movepool to its fullest. Thunder Wave and Toxic are nice enough, but how about Encore and Taunt to ruin people’s day?

But the kicker, of course, is Parting Shot. Emolga is part of the very small club that learns both U-Turn and Volt Switch, and its squirrely demeanor fits the flavor for Parting Shot perfectly to round out the skittish fleeing move trio. Together with Prankster and blazing speed, Emolga now acts as a terrific pivot, spreading status, forcing switches with Encore, and lowering the attack stats of whatever switches in as it flees.

Finally, this sucker gets Tailwind, which may not last long, but enhances Emolga’s new role as a brilliant support mon.

Mega Escavalier
Type: Bug/Steel -> Bug/Dark
Ability: Shell Armor/Swarm/Overcoat -> Precision (moves with BP of 40 and lower have their BP doubled; basically a more precise Technician)
New Moves: Pin Missile (seriously how does this guy not have Pin Missile?)

Atk: 135 -> 165 (+30)
Def: 105 -> 85 (-20)
SpA: 60 -> 60 (+0)
SpD: 105 -> 85 (-20)
Spe: 20 -> 130 (+110)

Flavor Concept: Escavalier abandons its armor, looks like a blend between Escavalier and Karrablast.

Competitive Concept: Whoa nelly, look at that turnaround! I like Megas that take mons in a new direction, so I decided to work with the ongoing theme of Karrablast’s armored journey and have the knight go rogue. Losing the armor increases speed drastically while lowering defenses, but not as badly as poor Accelgor.

The new dark-type wasn’t just slapped on, but has two purposes: one, flavor-wise, as a rogue knight, Escavalier’s shed his steel for a more offensive, say, “evil” typing. Second, look at his new ability. I hate new abilities for the most part, but this one allows me to keep Escavalier’s tiny movepool (only adding Pin Missile because again, come on) and maximize its advantages.

Any move 40 BP and lower has its power doubled. Now, what relevant moves does Escavalier have that are under 40 BP?

Twineedle: suddenly this move becomes Bugmerang, a dual-hitting 50 BP move, but with perfect accuracy and a chance to poison.

Pin Missile: 80 BP minimum, 200 BP maximum? Before STAB? Yes please.

Rock Smash: now an 80 BP Fighting attack with that sexy 50% defense drop chance. And the grand winner,

Pursuit: which is now 80 BP whether or not the foe switches, before STAB. Perfect for our evil, avenging knight.

(Also, Peck is now 70 BP, which isn't the best in the world, but still beats Aerial Ace if you want Flying coverage.)

Precision also allows for a few gimmicky moves, like Fell Stinger and Fury Cutter (and lol False Swipe), to be just a little less gimmicky. Just a little. Also, still has access to moves like Drill Run, Iron Head, and Poison Jab for more coverage (Iron Head/Poison Jab especially helps against the fairies that resist both STABs). Knock Off doesn't take advantage of Precision, but is still a powerful STAB with a great effect. And of course, there's Swords Dance.

The way I see it, Scizor already has the powerful Bug/Steel niche down pat, and Forretress is a better defensive mon than Mega Escavalier could hope to be unless we radically change its movepool. This way, Mega Escavalier gets to be its own mon.

Last edited:

Da Pizza Man

Pizza Time
is a Pre-Contributor
Ha, that's easy. I actually voted for TheTrainator because I think that idea is more fun than mine. We can just go with his, unless you'd like a compromise to make it a Poison/Steel with Regen (which I still think is much better typing). Your call, TheTrainator.

In any case, thanks for liking my Gothitelle, folks, and here we go!

Mega Emolga
Type: Electric/Flying -> Dark/Dark (jk still Electric/Flying)
Ability: Static/Motor Drive -> Prankster
New Moves: Parting Shot

HP: 55 -> 55
Atk: 75 -> 85 (+10)
Def: 60 -> 90 (+30)
SpA: 75 -> 85 (+10)
SpD: 60 -> 80 (+20)
Spe: 105 -> 145 (+30)

Flavor Concept: Emolga’s black “hood” covers more of its body to make it an adorable flying stage ninja.

Competitive Concept: Is there any animal more inherently mischievous than a squirrel? With fantastic defensive Electric/Flying typing, Emolga can make for a wonderful Prankster. With bolstered defenses, Emolga can use priority Roost to stay alive and use its surprisingly large supportive movepool to its fullest. Thunder Wave and Toxic are nice enough, but how about Encore and Taunt to ruin people’s day?

But the kicker, of course, is Parting Shot. Emolga is part of the very small club that learns both U-Turn and Volt Switch, and its squirrely demeanor fits the flavor for Parting Shot perfectly to round out the skittish fleeing move trio. Together with Prankster and blazing speed, Emolga now acts as a terrific pivot, spreading status, forcing switches with Encore, and lowering the attack stats of whatever switches in as it flees.

Finally, this sucker gets Tailwind, which may not last long, but bolsters Emolga’s new role as a brilliant support mon.

Mega Escavalier
Type: Bug/Steel -> Bug/Dark
Ability: Shell Armor/Swarm/Overcoat -> Precision (moves with BP of 40 and lower have their BP doubled; basically a more precise Technician)
New Moves: Pin Missile (seriously how does this guy not have Pin Missile?)

Atk: 135 -> 165 (+30)
Def: 105 -> 85 (-20)
SpA: 60 -> 60 (+0)
SpD: 105 -> 85 (-20)
Spe: 20 -> 130 (+110)

Flavor Concept: Escavalier abandons its armor, looks like a blend between Escavalier and Karrablast.

Competitive Concept: Whoa nelly, look at that turnaround! I like Megas that take mons in a new direction, so I decided to work with the ongoing theme of Karrablast’s armored journey and have the knight go rogue. Losing the armor increases speed drastically while lowering defenses, but not as badly as poor Accelgor.

The new dark-type wasn’t just slapped on, but has two purposes: one, flavor-wise, as a rogue knight, Escavalier’s shed his steel for a more offensive, say, “evil” typing. Second, look at his new ability. I hate new abilities for the most part, but this one allows me to keep Escavalier’s tiny movepool (only adding Pin Missile because again, come on) and maximize its advantages.

Any move 40 BP and lower has its power doubled. Now, what relevant moves does Escavalier have that are under 40 BP?

Twineedle: suddenly this move becomes Bonemerang, a dual-hitting 50 BP move, but with perfect accuracy and a chance to poison.

Pin Missile: 80 BP minimum, 200 BP maximum? Before STAB? Yes please.

Rock Smash: now an 80 BP Fighting attack with that sexy 50% defense drop chance. And the grand winner,

Pursuit: which is now 80 BP whether or not the foe switches, before STAB. Perfect for our evil, avenging knight.

(Also, Peck is now 70 BP, which isn't the best in the world, but still beats Aerial Ace if you want Flying coverage.)

Precision also allows for a few gimmicky moves, like Fell Stinger and Fury Cutter (and lol False Swipe), to be just a little less gimmicky. Just a little. Also, still has access to moves like Drill Run, Iron Head, and Poison Jab for more coverage (Iron Head/Poison Jab especially helps against the fairies that resist both STABs). Knock Off doesn't take advantage of Precision, but is still a powerful STAB with a great effect. And of course, there's Swords Dance.

The way I see it, Scizor already has the powerful Bug/Steel niche down pat, and Forretress is a better defensive mon than Mega Escavalier could hope to be unless we radically change its movepool. This way, Mega Escavalier gets to be its own mon.
What we usually do in a 2 way tie, unless they are extremely similar, is that we make one of them an X version and one a Y version, for example your Garbador sumbisson would be mega garbordor x and his would be mega garbodor y, however if you're fine with dropping out your submission then you can.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)