Megas For All (Read the whole 1st post and check current slate)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was thinking of making Umbreon more offensive, being able to use Curse or at least not be total Taunt bait. I'm thinking Technician; Technician Bite is cool, give it Double Kick for coverage (Jolteon gets it), Poison Tail for fairies (also pokedex relevance).

Jumpluff keeps Infiltrator, gets Spore. A speedy Spore than Sub can't block might seem scary until you realize that Sleep Clause, Magic Bounce, Grass types like Ferro and Saur... not too scary. Another thing is Nasty Plot, which is barely good enough with its low SpA and mediocre coverage. It definitely deserved Earth Power - Sunflora learns it too.

Espeon has an easy solution to be unique: give it Trace. This makes sense for a Psychic type, allows it to not outclass other Magic Bounce users, and use CM to its fullest. T-bolt and Focus Blast are potential additions.

For Slowking I want to do Water/Fairy, give it Wish, give it the whole fairy-tale theme being a king, making wishes come true, etc. Water/Fairy is a good defensive type but we have no defensive 'mons to make the most of it.

Last edited:
Jumpluff keeps Infiltrator, gets Spore. A speedy Spore than Sub can't block might seem scary until you realize that Sleep Clause, Magic Bounce, Grass types like Ferro and Saur... not too scary. Another thing is Nasty Plot, which is barely good enough with its low SpA and mediocre coverage. It definitely deserved Earth Power - Sunflora learns it too.

For Slowking I want to do Water/Fairy, give it Wish, give it the whole fairy-tale theme being a king, making wishes come true, etc. Water/Fairy is a good defensive type but we have no defensive 'mons to make the most of it.
Well, a flying spore with Earth Power doesn't make any sense to me, to be fair: Sunflora is a SunFlower, which grows in the ground, that's why it has the access to that move ;)

I really like the concept for Slowking: if you'll make that Water/Fairy Hippo-alike-mon I'll surely vote for it :)

Well, a flying spore with Earth Power doesn't make any sense to me, to be fair: Sunflora is a SunFlower, which grows in the ground, that's why it has the access to that move ;)

I really like the concept for Slowking: if you'll make that Water/Fairy Hippo-alike-mon I'll surely vote for it :)
It's going to stay Water/Psychic, for sure.

It's pink and vaguely cute so it has to be Fairy.

Sarcasm aside, a Water/Fairy cleric would be nice to have in the metagame but I think it's best for the role to be taken by other Pokemon say, Azumarill or Milotic. (I think they're already reserved so that's unfortunate)

Well, while that's true that fairy would probably be a better typing, there's no flavor for it. It would make more sense to drop the secondary typing and make it pure Water.
Are we allowed to do that? Just drop a type? As far as I can remember there's no precedent for it, which is what we're operating on.

It's metagame first, flavour second. And if the only flavour is that it's smart, I guess Dragonite should've been Psychic too. There are dumb Psychic types and intelligent non-Psychic types.

Last edited:
Are we allowed to do that? Just drop a type? As far as I can remember there's no precedent for it, which is what we're operating on.

It's metagame first, flavour second. And if the only flavour is that it's smart, I guess Dragonite should've been Psychic too.
Pretty sure Dragonite isn't on the same level as award-winning scientists. Pretty sure Dragonite can't talk, either.

Seriously, fairy makes no sense at all.

Pretty sure Dragonite isn't on the same level as award-winning scientists. Pretty sure Dragonite can't talk, either.

Seriously, fairy makes no sense at all.
That's one Slowking that can talk. You had such a problem with a Ghost type Marowak because there was only one Ghost Marowak (even though it has a lot to do with death and such), now it's perfect justification? Not even all the Slowking in the anime, either, just the one in the movie.

That's one Slowking that can talk. You had such a problem with a Ghost type Marowak because there was only one Ghost Marowak (even though it has a lot to do with death and such), now it's perfect justification? Not even all the Slowking in the anime, either, just the one in the movie.
Slowking's really fucking smart, almost all really smart pokemon are psychic (Mewtwo, Slowking, Alakazam, Uxie, Metagross)

I think something that lets jumpluff use powder moves on grass types would be a good idea but I personally am going to make an offensive jumpluff.

OKAY Fairy was a dumb idea.

What about Nasty Plot on Jumpluff? Even with a massive SpA boost, it cant do much. I mean it has 55 base SpA, it's going to need at least +40.

It makes about as much sense as Pichu getting it, in any case. Or Togepi.

Last edited:
Jumpluff NEEDS a utility-based set to be at all viable. As such, Infiltrator Spore is probably the best idea. Perhaps Parting Shot to catch the sleeping opponent switching out, but we should be cautious about giving everyone that move

Uninspired by the current slate, can't really churn out some good ideas. Here's what I got so far though.

For Jumpluff, I'm with nightsitter here in that it'd be best to emphasize more of its supporting capabilities. However, stiff competition is there with Whimsicott, especially if you're thinking to retype it to Grass/Fairy lol

Now, Umbreon...Like in the case with Jumpluff, an offensive set would seem underwhelming. You got 65/60/65 offenses to work with and I feel it would benefit Umbreon more if we focus in improving its walling role. (That's not to say an offensive M-Umbreon isn't viable, surely we have creative minds here to go about the concept! Same as with M-Jumpluff) Now, one of the common problem faced by these clerics are their susceptibility to be set-up on largely due to their passivity. Umbreon does have Foul Play to hit some Pokemon for reasonable damage but still, bulky stat boosters can still pass through Umbreon with impunity. Roar seems like a decent solution, but a more interesting one is Prankster+Topsy Turvy. I really like this idea but I just think it's too gratuitous and convenient...? Anyways, in general, another cool option to Umbreon's arsenal of support moves is Parting Shot. A slow Parting Shot can really prove useful when you want to bring in a Pokemon safely to set-up a potential sweep.

Espeon and Slowking...not much to say here for now.

Yeah I'm definitely rolling with Infiltrator Spore for Mega Jumpluff. With 75/70/90 bulk already, it can certainly pull things off. While 110 Speed isn't the fastest ever, even a small boost makes it much more useful and being its best stat justifies a boost. Maybe +20 or +30.

With quite a few boosting moves already, maybe it can get Baton Pass as well? It has legitimate use outside BP teams.

Was I really... was I, last night, typing out my two new megas and just like beaten by the slate while typing and calcing it out?! ........... well so much for anti-meta sudo and Furret.

And I worked REALLY hard on them. Goddamnit! Maybe I could have stat boost thief on Espeon then instead and hope that flies... it can also BP like Furret after all.

Last edited:
Uninspired by the current slate, can't really churn out some good ideas. Here's what I got so far though.

For Jumpluff, I'm with nightsitter here in that it'd be best to emphasize more of its supporting capabilities. However, stiff competition is there with Whimsicott, especially if you're thinking to retype it to Grass/Fairy lol

Now, Umbreon...Like in the case with Jumpluff, an offensive set would seem underwhelming. You got 65/60/65 offenses to work with and I feel it would benefit Umbreon more if we focus in improving its walling role. (That's not to say an offensive M-Umbreon isn't viable, surely we have creative minds here to go about the concept! Same as with M-Jumpluff) Now, one of the common problem faced by these clerics are their susceptibility to be set-up on largely due to their passivity. Umbreon does have Foul Play to hit some Pokemon for reasonable damage but still, bulky stat boosters can still pass through Umbreon with impunity. Roar seems like a decent solution, but a more interesting one is Prankster+Topsy Turvy. I really like this idea but I just think it's too gratuitous and convenient...? Anyways, in general, another cool option to Umbreon's arsenal of support moves is Parting Shot. A slow Parting Shot can really prove useful when you want to bring in a Pokemon safely to set-up a potential sweep.

Espeon and Slowking...not much to say here for now.
Prankster seems like a little too much, considering how bulky and slow it is. Poison Point/Intimidate seem to be the most logical abilities to give its mega-evo. Topsy-Turvy, while it would be cool on Umbreon, has no flavor to back it up

I'm making a new form of poison point. Like 'Poison Skin' or some shit. Same as poison point but badly poison instead of just poison. Maybe. Idk poison point might be the better route though.

Prankster would also be the shit, but I feel like there's better users out there that we could save prankster for, like Rotom or something.

*furcoatumbreonop*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)