Megas For All (Read the whole 1st post and check current slate)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, looks like I lost my battle here. Guess that the abilities I gave to Espeon and Umbreon are just too complex. AS of the on going participants, I have no ideas for them yet. So I'll let this one slide until Celebi's date schedule comes out.

I'm back; I don't like most of the Jhoto slate which is why I sat out

Foretress -> Mega Foretress
Bug/Steel -> Bug/Steel
Sturdy/Overcoat -> Iron Barbs
75/90/140/60/60/40 -> 75/90/160[+20]/60/160[+100]/20[-20]
Moves: None

Mega Foretress lives up it it's name as a.. Fortress. In it's Mega form, Mega Foretress focuses on improving it's lacklustre special defense stat, while further dissuadeing physical attacks with the addition of it's shell becoming spiky [Iron Barbs].

It's pretty simply really; but Mega Forry does have to be careful of fire-type attacks. Even with 160 in both defenses, x4 effective fire attacks will deal a massive number on it. Base 75 HP and no recovery also remain weaknesses, along with Forry being tauntbait and having all of one viable attacking option [Gyro Ball]. It's also pretty worthless at dealing with other tanks, especially those with fixed damage attacks like Toss.

Basically; take Forry; make it do what it does already; except BETTER.

Ferrothorn is a more offensive alternate that dosen't get T-Spikes or Spin, and has an extra weakness. I think M-Forry is a good alternative to Ferro.

Mega Corsola
Typing: Water/Rock ----> Water/Rock
Abilities: Hustle/Natural Cure/Regenerator ----> Compressed Armor (clone of Fur Coat)
BST: 55/55/85/65/85/35 ----> 55/100/90/75/135/25
New Moves: Spikes, Waterfall, Recover

Corsola looks shitty no matter how I put the stats together, so just have one with a clone of Fur Coat. Waterfall because wow, Corsola doesn't even have a single physical water move; Spikes is for the spikes (lol), and Recover to give it some recovery.

This time I didn't won: a pity, but that won't prevent me to submit two more mega forms :)

I just want to say that it would be good to have a post with all the megas gathered up, once that we will start to vote ;)

Btw, Mega-Corsola and Mega-Forretress

Mega Corsola (Corsolite)
Typing: Rock/Water ------> Rock/Water
Abilities: Hustle/Natural Cure/Regenerator ------> Great Barrier Reef (a water-less type version of Arena Trap)
Stats: 55/55/85/65/85/35 ------> 55/75/115/85/115/35
New Moves: Stockpile

Description

Corsola has become very huge with its mega-evolution, and now it's going to trap all the non-Water types within its fing... ehm, corals. Having tons of setting up move in its movepool (Amnesia, Barrier, Calm Mind, Curse, Iron Defense, Rock Polish and the brand new Stockpile), it can just trap a chanceless opponent's pokemon and start setting up (and recovering with Recover): or it can even toxicstall the opponent, thanks to its buff in both of the defensive departments.

THREATS
Corsola is still very slow (even if it can boosts Speed with Rock Polish), and have a pitiful HP number: besides it can have more than 2 set up moves, else it won't have any attacking move to use after the boosts - and if it has 2 set up moves + recover + attack, then it would have nothing to avoid Poison/Burn.

Mega Forretress (Forretressite)
Typing: Bug/Steel ------> Bug/Steel
Abilities: Overcoat/Sturdy ------> Regenerator
Stats: 75/90/140/60/60/40 ------> 75/100/200/60/90/40
New Moves:

Description

As for Mega-Umbreon, my Mega-Forretress is only way more annoying than the normal one - but not too much of a twist. Its defense stat is now gargatuan, and its spDef one took a buff as well: plus he got what he lacked, that is to say a way to recover, in the form of its new ability Regenerator.

THREATS
Mega-Forretress is still weak as fuck, it still died against every fire moves (expecially now without the Sturdy support), and its offensive presence isn't that great. Use it only once you don't see any Fire Mi... Blast on the horizon.

Last edited:

Shuckle (Shucklite)
Type:Steel/Bug
20/10/230/10/230/5---> 20/35/255/25/255/15
Ability:Clear Body
New Moves: Amnesia

Valzy

Destroyer of Worlds
is a Contributor Alumnus
Mega Forretress
Bug/Steel -> Bug/Steel
Sturdy/Overcoat -> Download
HP: 75 -> 75
Atk: 90 -> 130 (+40)
Def: 140 -> 150 (+10)
SpA: 60 -> 60
SpD: 60 -> 70 (+10)
Spe: 40 -> 80 (+40)
BST: 525 -> 625
Moves: +Shift Gear, +Megahorn

Interesting idea for Mega Forretress
Typing: Bug/Steel -----> Bug/Fairy
Abilities: Sturdy/Overcoat ------> Iron Shield (This Pokemon takes 25%-damage from Poison, Rock, and Flying-Type Moves. Pokemon with Infiltrator or Mold Breaker cancel out the ability, for they can strike through the shield)
BST: 75/90/140/60/60/40 ------> 75/120/120/90/100/60
New Moves: Play Rough, U-Turn, Heal Order

Concept: So THAT's what was in there! Forretress has waited for 4.5 generations to find a Mega Stone, and now that it has one, it is ready to wreak havoc. The fairy bug uses its old exoskeleton to shield most damage from steel's immunity and two most flavorful resistances. It now has better moves for a utility set with access to a slow U-Turn and Heal Order. Play Rough is to add a physical STAB move. An interesting aspect of Forretress is that both its mega and non-mega forms are now viable. So depending on which of the opponent's Pokemon have fainted, you can wait to mega evolve later in the match for more favorable type matchups. Mega Forretress will still lose to fire types, as it still has a (less) nasty weakness to them. It absolutely hates the likes of Heatran and Chandelure, who resist both of its STABs and can deal out heavy damage to prevent spinning or setting up Rocks.
Weaknesses: Fire, Steel
Resistances: Fighting (x4), Rock, Flying, Grass, Bug, Dark, Ground, Poison
Immunities: Dragon

I'm on my phone so I'll make it more eloquent later. If you feel that the ability should only block half of the damage, then go ahead and tell me. I'm open to criticism

Valzy

Destroyer of Worlds
is a Contributor Alumnus
Mega Shuckle
Bug/Steel -> Bug/Psychic
Sturdy/Overcoat -> Pressure
HP: 20 -> 20
Atk: 10 -> 121 (+111)
Def: 230 -> 90 (-140)
SpA: 10 -> 154 (+144)
SpD: 230 -> 90 (-140)
Spe: 5 -> 130 (+125)
BST: 505 -> 605
Moves: +Psystrike, +Aura Sphere, +Bug Buzz

Any resemblance to Mewtwo is purely coincidental...

Last edited:
Shuckle
Type: Bug/Rock
Ability: Oblivious
Stats: 20/10/230/10/230/5 -> 20/25/255/25/255/25
Moves: Ingrain

So, there are only so many ways to make an actual Shuckle that you don't want to Fuckle with without changing everything about Shuckle. I chose to go with the Oblivious route. My friend, who used Shuckle a LOT more than me, said that the one thing that really fuckled with her Shuckle was Taunt users. This attempts to remove that factor from the equation. I was really considering Magic Bounce too but I couldn't find a lot of flavor in giving Mega Shuckle that.

I figure the stat boosts should be obvious. Max out the defenses and shove the rest into the remaining stats so that they become equal. It plays a lot like regular Shuckle except now you can use all the non-attacking moves you want. The only downside to this is the lack of automatic recovery.

I gave it Ingrain to give it some sort of healing without completely breaking Shuckle (by giving it actual recovery). It also makes some sense since Shuckle is so sticky and stuff that it can just plant itself in the ground and eat the stuff under it for nutrition

Forretress
Type: Bug/Steel
Abiltiy: Ferrate (Steel type Pixilate Clone)
Stats: 75/90/140/60/60/40 -> 70/120/170/70/90/40
Moves: U-Turn

Here, you can see, we have a new unblockable spinner. Forretress can now spin on anything but Shedinja thanks to its ability. It's also got a healthy boost to its attack. I think we know what that can mean. KABOOM! Steel Typed 325 BP Explosion! Now it has a niche in its explosion with the added "Screw You" to Fairy types (especially Carbink/Diance)

Also, this thing gets Volt Switch, but not U-Turn? There, now it can come back to do its job again.

Mega Carnivine
Type: Grass ---> Grass/Dark
Ability: Levitate ---> Spiky Thorns (Contact moves are 1.5x)
Atk:100 --->135
Def: 72 ---> 72
Sp.Def: 72 ---> 72
Sp.Atk:90 ---> 90
Speed: 42 ---> 105
New Moves: Sucker Punch, Agility, U-Turn

Role: I think Carnvine is really neglected, he has a really cool design, Carnivine already gets swords dance so he could be a double-dance sweeper, or a U-turner.

Mega Carnivine
Type: Grass ---> Grass/Dark
Ability: Levitate ---> Spiky Thorns (Contact moves are 1.5x)
Atk:100 --->135
Def: 72 ---> 72
Sp.Def: 72 ---> 72
Sp.Atk:90 ---> 90
Speed: 42 ---> 105
New Moves: Sucker Punch, Agility, U-Turn

Role: I think Carnvine is really neglected, he has a really cool design, Carnivine already gets swords dance so he could be a double-dance sweeper, or a U-turner.
Dude. Read. The. Op. I already mentioned it once to you and you just ignored it.

Forretress-Mega (Forretressite)

Bug/Steel -----> Bug/Steel

Sturdy/Overcoat -----> Shed Skin

75/90/140/60/60/40 -----> 75/130/160/60/80/60

277.3 lbs -----> 677.3 lbs

+ Shell Smash

Mega Forretress basically becomes a viable Shell Smasher and Offensive threat, with moves like Bug Bite, Heavy Slam and Earthquake. Shed Skin is as per its flavor Pokédex entries which also helps it to set up in the face of Will-O-Wispers. While it is hopelessly walled by Skarmory, it can use a Base 60 Special Attack +2/+4 Volt Switch to dent Skarmory and switch into something better.

Granbull-Mega (Grabullite)

Fairy -----> Fairy/Dark

Intimidate/Quick Feet/Rattled -----> Strong Jaws

90/120/75/60/60/45 -----> 90/140/105/70/90/55

+ Hone Claws + Swords Dance

Fairy/Dark is a great typing (Essentially a Fairy Type, but with an additional STAB and no additional weaknesses, but new resistances and an immunity). Granbull is pretty much a self-explanatory case. Its Speed is too low to be improved to 100 or above upon Mega Evolution. So, a more bulky spread to abuse Strong Jaws seems perfect. Swords Dance is the best way to go, but Hone Claws can achieve a 100% Fire Blast, which can be used to hit Physical walls hard, albeit with a low Special Base.

Shuckle-Mega (Shucklate)

Bug/Rock -----> Bug/Rock

Sturdy/Gluttony/Contrary -----> Oblivious

20/10/230/10/230/5 -----> 20/40/250/40/250/5

There is no way Shuckle will become an Offensive Threat (Not even by way of a New Ability). Shuckle is built to be Defensive. While some of Forretress' entries hint towards offense, all of Shuckle's entries scream that it is Defensive and will forever be. Oblivious is an excellent ability for it because of the plethora of Status Moves it has access to. While Stealth Rock and Sticky Web are the primarily better ones, untauntable Power Split, Toxic, Encore and Rest are also other great options.

Corsola-Mega (Corsolate)

Water/Rock -----> Water/Rock

Hustle/Natural Cure/Regenerator -----> Coral Rock (Doubles Defense and Special Defense)

55/55/85/65/85/35 -----> 55/65/110/95/110/45

+ Counter

Let's face it. Corsola is bad. So unless you gave it an Ability that boosts its Stats indirectly, it would stay bad (It has 480 BST AFTER Mega Evolving for God's sake). Hence, Coral Rock, which basically gives it an equivalent of Base 238 Defense and Special Defense. It already learns Mirror Coat, so Counter would compliment it, especially with its newfound Ability. Here is a calculation to prove its Defensive capabilities:

252+ SpA Mega Abomasnow Giga Drain vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Corsola: 204-244 (64.9 - 77.7%)

Last edited:
Forretress (Forretite)
Type: Bug/Steel -> Bug/Steel
Abilities: Sturdy (Overcoat) -> Bulletproof
New Moves: Sticky Web, Infestation

HP: 75 -> 75
Atk: 90 -> 110 (+20)
Def: 140 -> 170 (+30)
SpA: 60 -> 80 (+20)
SpD: 60 -> 120 (+60)
Spe: 40 -> 10 (-30)
BST: 465 -> 565

Mega Forretress doesn't care about your stupid attacks. With its weak Special Defense patched up and Bulletproof providing an immunity to Shadow Ball and Focus Blast, Forretress is a lot more reliable. It counters Aegislash that don't carry SD and can actually damage it with a decently strong Payback.

It gets Sticky Web because that's the only hazard it doesn't have and the only Bug type hazard.

Granbull (Granbullite)
Type: Fairy -> Fairy
Abilities: Intimidate, Quick Feet (Rattled) -> Sheer Force
New Moves: Wish

HP: 90 -> 90
Atk: 120 -> 150 (+30)
Def: 75 -> 105 (+30)
SpA: 60 -> 80 (+20)
SpD: 60 -> 80 (+20)
Spe: 45 -> 45
BST: 450 -> 550

Why doesn't this thing get Wish? It does get Heal Bell though, so now it's the best physically defensive Fairy around.

With Sheer Force boosting STAB Play Rough, it can really hit hard. The only boosting move it gets is Bulk Up but with 150 Atk, Sheer Force Play Rough and Crunch, it gets pretty good coverage.

Shuckle (Shucklite)
Type: Bug/Rock -> Bug/Steel
Abilities: Sturdy, Gluttony (Contrary) -> Prankster
New Moves: Leech Seed, Spore

HP: 20 -> 20
Atk: 10 -> 10
Def: 230 -> 255 (+25)
SpA: 10 -> 10
SpD: 230 -> 255 (+25)
Spe: 5 -> 55 (+50)
BST: 500 -> 600

Sorry but how else are you going to make Shuckle usable? So I tried to give it something other than Recover. Prankster Leech Seed with Shuckle's low HP means that anything it uses it on will restore its health a ton. Just use Infestation to make sure they don't escape.

Corsola (Corsolite)
Type: Water/Rock -> Water/Ground
Abilities: Hustle, Natural Cure (Regenerator) -> Simple
New Moves: Shell Smash, Spikes, Baton Pass

HP: 55 -> 55
Atk: 55 -> 85 (+30)
Def: 85 -> 105 (+20)
SpA: 65 -> 85 (+20)
SpD: 85 -> 105 (+20)
Spe: 35 -> 45 (+10)
BST: 380 -> 480

Simple works amazingly with either Shell Smash or Curse / Calm Mind. It actually gets pretty good coverage on both sides between Water, Rock, Ground, and Ice. BP is an option for it to pass those great boosts to a more capable teammate (i.e. one with more than a 480 BST, ugh).

Last edited:
My Mega Granbull submission for now. (Might edit it later)

Mega Granbull
Typing: Fairy --> Fairy/Fighting
Abilities: Intimidate/Quick Feet/Rattled --> Sheer Force
New Moves: Drain Punch
Stats: 90/120/75/60/60/45 BST: 450 --> 90/160(+40)/110(+35)/60/85(+25)/45 BST: 550

Mega Granbull is the definition of TANK. Sheer Force-boosted attacks coming off from a base 160 attack stat is nothing to trifle with. Compounded by the fact that it possesses reasonable bulk and an auspicious typing, taking it down isn't as easy as you think. Despite its poor speed, it compensates for his potent wallbreaking power and bulk. Access to Fire Fang, Earthquake and Crunch are great coverage options making it all the more harder to wall. In addition, it also gained Drain Punch which is great as a pseudo-recovery move; just a reliable fighting STAB overall with complimentary benefits to Mega Granbull's role. Speaking of roles, Mega Granbull also functions well in TR using its naturally low speed to its advantage. What's more is that it has great synergy to common Trick Room setters. Besides that, a BU set seems promising and works great with Drain Punch at its disposal.
Really like the Idea of a Fairy/Fighting type. However I'm going to ask something I once asked someone else. If you're going to make a mega that works well in a trick room team, then wouldn't it be neat to drop his speed? This would also allow you to boost his other stats a little bit.

Mega Granbull
Granbull (Granbullite)
Type: Fairy -> Fairy/Fighting
Abilities: Intimidate/Quick Feet/Rattled -> Justified
New Moves: Drain Punch, Mach Punch, Slack Off

Atk: 120 -> 170 (+50)
Def: 75 -> 125 (+50)
Spe: 45 -> 25 (-20)

Concept: Need a physically defensive fairy or Knock-Off absorber? If so, then Mega Granbull is your mon (not mom, as autocorrect would have me believe). A 4x resistance to Dark and some useful new Fighting STAB moves give it a huge niche in being a check to Bisharp, as well as several other mons who don't want to get hit by a base 170 attack stat (especially with a boost from Justified). Its low speed and mediocre special defense present numerous opportunities for the opponent to defeat it, but as the only physically defensive fairy tank in the game, it can fulfill a major role in anyone's team.

pj

is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnus
World Defender
Mega Granbull
Granbull (Granbullite)
Type: Fairy -> Fairy/Fighting
Abilities: Intimidate/Quick Feet/Rattled -> Justified
New Moves: Drain Punch, Mach Punch, Slack Off

Atk: 120 -> 170 (+50)
Def: 75 -> 125 (+50)
Spe: 45 -> 25 (-20)

Concept: Need a physically defensive fairy or Knock-Off absorber? If so, then Mega Granbull is your mon (not mom, as autocorrect would have me believe). A 4x resistance to Dark and some useful new Fighting STAB moves give it a huge niche in being a check to Bisharp, as well as several other mons who don't want to get hit by a base 170 attack stat (especially with a boost from Justified). Its low speed and mediocre special defense present numerous opportunities for the opponent to defeat it, but as the only physically defensive fairy tank in the game, it can fulfill a major role in anyone's team.
I think its good idea

HAY GUISE
Before starting my submission, I would like to point out that the Ferrolate (Or I do not know how to spell it, but Steel type Pixilate) would be kinda broken because that would mean Mega Forretress would be able to Rapid Spin through Ghost types, since the only real immunity to Steel is Shedinja.
Now I can start my own submission. I hope it's not as broken as the Umbreon I sent.

MEGA Forretress
Typing: Bug/Steel -> Bug/Steel
Traits: Sturdy/Overcoat -> Robust Armor (This Pokémon is not affected by direct damage moves of base 60 or less, even after STAB, Technician and other boosts such as itemless Acrobatics)
Stats: 75/90/140/60/60/40 (465) -> 75/110/140/60/100/80 (565)
New moves: Razor Shell, Shell Smash, Consume (Signature move. Bug type. OHKOes the opposing Pokémon with 25% HP or less and recovers half of the damage done this way. Priority -2)
The new moves should be not compatible with Spikes nor with Stealth Rock.

Bases for the concept:
Robust Armor comes from Pokémon Stadium 2 flavor text, which reads as follows.
Its entire body is shielded by a steel-hard shell. What lurks inside the armor is a total mystery.
The new signature move, Consume, comes from Pokémon Ruby flavor text, which reads as follows.
Forretress conceals itself inside its hardened steel shell. The shell is opened when the Pokémon is catching prey (...)
And yes, of course the text says it does so quickly, but giving such a move some degree of priority would make it even more broken.
The other moves, Shell Smash and Razor Shell, come from Pokémon Crystal flavor text, which reads as follows.
Usually found hanging on to a fat tree trunk. It shoots out bits of its shell when it sees action.
Although the flavor text originally refers to Spikes, making that move illegal with Spikes would mean that Forretress is using its shell for other purposes.

Usefulness of the concept:
The new Mega Forretress should be able to attempt to revenge kill stuff with its new improved attack stats and moves, along with previous moves already available such as Earthquake. The lack of STAB hurts, but then there is Consume to finish off weakened mons. The new ability should stop those dedicated niches that carry Hidden Power Fire specifically for this thing, and also effectively stop opposing Rapid Spin, priority moves (With the exception of Extremespeed), Mega Launcher Water Pulse, multi hit moves and what not. Shell Smash would most likely always have a setup chance and Razor Shell stops the STAB Fire attacks. What this thing lacks to compensate for this is STAB, as without reliable damaging Steel attacks, dragons carrying fire attacks (Salamence with Fire Blast or Dragonite with Fire Punch) can still do something, and other special attacks can wear this thing down considering it has no recovery besides Rest.

Darmanitan > Mega Darmanitan
Typing: Fire > Fire/Fighting
Abilities: Sheer Force/Zen Mode > Zen Master
BST: 105/140/55/30/55/95 > 105/140/105/30/105/95

Darmanitan-Zen > Mega Darmanitan-Zen
Typing: Fire/Psychic > Fire/Psychic
Abilities: Zen Mode > Zen Master
BST: 105/30/105/140/105/55 > 105/30/110/190/110/95

Zen Master: Mega Darmanitan will change form to Mega Darmanitan-Zen when use physical damage move and Mega Darmanitan-Zen also change form to Mega Darmanitan when use special damage move

New Moves: Earth Power, Calm Mind, Stored Power

Zen Master: Mega Darmanitan will change form to Mega Darmanitan-Zen when use physical damage move and Mega Darmanitan-Zen also change form to Mega Darmanitan when use special damage move

It's the fucking OP it's literally the first post in the thread lol

Valmanway

My jimmies remain unrustled
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

Mega Shuckle

Rock / Bug ----> Rock / Bug
Sturdy / Gluttony / Contrary ----> Shield Attack, swaps Defense and Special Defense with Attack and Special Attack, respectively
20 / 10 / 230 / 10 / 230 / 5 (505) ----> 20 / 60 (+50) / 230 / 60 (+50) / 230 / 5 (605)
New Moves: none

So we basically have the highest risk, highest reward wallbreaker in the game here. Swapping his gargantuan defenses for his garbage offenses means two things: first, he has the highest natural offenses in the game (eat your heart out, Deoxys-A), and second, his defenses are now absolute garbage, and no Speed doesn't help in taking hits either. Interestingly enough, he has a good movepool to smash opponents with, and can pretty much beat the crap out of most walls after a Shell Smash boost.

Read

the

TITLE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)