Megas For All V2 (Induction Phase)

Status
Not open for further replies.
My post bugged ...
We had the same idea and I posted 1 minute before you. o_O The only differences are stats and moves. xD
They are different enough with the stats and moves (unless there happens to be tie for the Megas, in which case one would have to be chosen over the other).

EDIT:
Swellow
Type: Normal/Flying
Ability: Guts/Scrappy (HA) --> Brute Force (see Ability spreadsheet for description)
Stats: 60/125(+40)/70(+10)/60(+10)/70(+20)/145(+20)
New Moves: none
With Brute Force, Mega Swellow gets to have physical Boomburst, Heat Wave, Air Slash and Hidden Power. It hits fast and hard, but is still rather frail and vulnerable to priority.

Last edited:
Mega Seviper
Type: Poison -> Poison/Dark
Abilities: Shed Skin/Infiltrator -> Mold Breaker
New Moves: Gunk Shot, Fire Blast (it gets Flamethrower but not Fire Blast?)
HP: 73 -> 73
Atk: 100 -> 120 (+20)
Def: 60 -> 90 (+30)
SpA: 100 -> 120 (+20)
SpD: 60 -> 90 (+30)
Spe: 65 -> 65 (+0)
BST: 458 -> 558

Flavor Concept: Seviper gets even meaner-looking!

Competitive Concept: Tired of losing to Immunity Zangoose, Seviper evolves further to finally poison its foe (sure, Toxic Boost is better in general, but it's still a cool concept). But more importantly, Mold Breaker is great at letting Seviper set up Coil without Unaware users ruining your day. Gunk Shot works great with Coil, as we've seen with Arbok (otherwise the two are quite different, given typing and movepool contrasts), and pick a Dark STAB of your choosing for decent coverage. That third attack slot can go to another physical move like Earthquake or Aqua Tail, but that 120 Special Attack makes for a nifty Fire Blast for those physically bulky Steels if you go -Speed, particularly given Coil's shoring up of its imperfect accuracy.

Dark typing not only supplements Poison beautifully, but gives Seviper STAB on all those Dark moves it had anyway: Crunch, Knock Off, Sucker Punch, Night Slash, the snake was made to be dark. Sucker Punch is nice to help with that 65 speed,

Mega Zangoose
Type: Normal -> Normal/Fighting
Abilities: Immunity/Toxic Boost -> Poison Heal
New Moves: Nada

Atk: 115 -> 145 (+30)
Def: 60 -> 100 (+40)
SpA: 60 -> 60 (+0)
SpD: 60 -> 100 (+40)
Spe: 90 -> 80 (-10)

Flavor Concept: Zangoose has seen better days with more battle scars than ever, but it's hit the gym to compensate.

Competitive Concept: Mold Breaker Mega Seviper may be a pain for half of the standard Zangeese out there, but snakes aren't the only adaptable mons out there. With Poison Heal, Zangoose plays an interesting game: yes, it has to actually get itself poisoned without Toxic Orb, but it can play a few turns with Toxic Boost's power before growing older, wiser, and safer with Poison Heal. Or just Mega Evolve instantly and try to use that awesome ability to your advantage by boosting with Swords Dance and wrecking with great dual STAB; just clear out the ghosts before you do. Given its love of poison, Mega Zangoose is a great teammate for Toxic-weak mons that lure out the Zangoose roids.

Mega Swalot
Type: Poison -> Poison
Abilities: Liquid Ooze/Sticky Hold/Gluttony -> Stuffed (upon Mevolving/switching in, user has a full stockpile effect, minus the defensive boosts. This effect is lifted when Spit Up or Swallow are used)
New Moves: Nope!

HP: 100 -> 100
Atk: 73 -> 83 (+10)
Def: 83 -> 113 (+30)
SpA: 73 -> 103 (+30)
SpD: 83 -> 113 (+30)
Spe: 55 -> 55 (+0)
BST: 467 -> 567

Flavor Concept: Fatter and with an even sweeter stache.

Competitive Concept: I'll just edit a copy what I wrote earlier because I'm lazy.

Mega Swalot is defined by Stuffed, a new ability that's not only great flavor for a living stomach, but lets it use Swallow to fully recover its HP once per switch-in, or use a fully-powered Spit Up, which is a 300 BP attack. With 100/113/113 defenses and pure Poison typing, as well as a decent Special Attack of 103, Mega Swalot is perfectly built to use such an ability.

What keeps such an excellent ability from being gamebreaking? Mediocre stats (for a mega), the Stockpile effect going away when Swallow or Spit Up are used to prevent spamming, no way to boost its offense, and Sludge Bomb/Spit Up having literally the worst two-type coverage in the game (your best third move is Shadow Ball, which actually gives it great coverage resisted only by Tyranitar and Bisharp, but without STAB or a very good Special Attack stat it's not as good as it sounds). Still, even a resisted Spit Up has a BP of 150, and pure Poison typing mixed with decent bulk lets Swalot switch in plenty of times to either heal with Swallow or nuke with Spit Up, then retreat to recharge. Mega Swalot has excellent synergy with VoltTurn, working as the final cog in the momentum combo.

Abilities: Guts (Scrappy) -> City Buster (Pokemon's Normal moves do SE damage against Steel and Rock types)
New Moves: None

HP: 60 -> 60
Atk: 85 -> 125 (+40)
Def: 60 -> 70 (+10)
SpA: 50 -> 50 (+0)
SpD: 50 -> 80 (+30)
Spe: 125 -> 145 (+20)
BST: 430 -> 530

Concept: It's like inverse scrappy. Instead of hitting ghosts, it hits its resistors. Bring ghosts with flying resistance.

Mega Swellow

Normal/Flying ----> Normal/Flying

Guts/Scrappy ----> Moxie

60/85/60/50/50/125 ----> 60/125/75/50/75/145 (--/+40/+15/--/+25/+20)

New Moves: Brick Break

Mega Swellow is a fast and strong physical sweeper, getting even stronger with every KO. Brick Break gives Swellow a decent move to hit Steel and Rock type Pokemon super effectively.

Last edited:
Abilities: Liquid Ooze/Sticky Hold/Gluttony -> Protean
New Moves: Scald, Moonblast, Sucker Punch

Atk: 73 -> 105 (+32)
Def: 83 -> 110 (+27)
SpA: 73 -> 110 (+37)
SpD: 83 -> 110 (+27)
Spe: 55 -> 37 (-23)

Concept: Protean fits to make Mega Swalot more like the adaptive stomach that it is. In short, it embodies the old adage: You are what you eat. The moves added are... filler, mostly to fill out its ability to become different types. Need a dragon blocker? Be a fairy! Electricity giving trouble, carry Earthquake. Talonflame? Um... there's Rollout or Hidden Power. No matter what, you're going last most of the time. The hot liquid garbage that is scald allows it to be a makeshift water type.

And don't worry about these moves helping regular Swalot... that thing's salvagable. Trust me, I haven't even heard of it being used in FU, which is PUs leftovers. That's gotta say something.

Type: Normal/Flying -> Normal/Flying
Abilities: Guts/Scrappy -> Aerilate
New Moves: N/A

Atk: 85 -> 110 (+25)
Def: 60 -> 60
SpA: 50 -> 105 (+55)
SpD: 50 -> 50

Aerilate Boomburst is the name of the game. Aerilate is a pseudo-Scrappy that comes at the cost of Swellow's Normal-type "coverage" (so you can't get a strong neutral hit on Electric types, but Swellow has bigger issues than that). It's kind of a one-trick pony but damn, that one trick is pretty nice. The coverage is kept bare, but Boomburst does so much even to resists (something like Mega Mawile gets 2HKOed) that the non-Boomburst moves will be for utility (U-turn, Baton Pass, Endeavor) rather than for damage.

Last edited:
While I was beat to the punch for my swellow, GG unit's kinda looks broken to me.
Ability: Guts/Scrappy>>>Aerilate
Stats: 60/85/60/50/50/125>>>60/130/60/90/50/140
Movepool: same

Basically this bird will usually run a set of quick attack/return/U-turn/Boomburst with few variations

Type: Poison
Ability: Liquid Ooze/Sticky Hold/Gluttony>>>Digest(This Pokemon heals 50% of its max HP when it uses a stat boosting move instead of its regular effect; Allows belch to activate)
Stats: 100/73/83/73/83/55>>>100/68/123/118/123/35

I know you guys don't like complex(ish) abilities but this is one of the few things that would make Swalot viable. Ontop of this Belch was practically made for it and it makes sense with the ability(While Stockpile/Swallow was almost definitely made for it).

But basically this pokemon will usually run a set of Stat Boosting Move/Toxic(or Ice Beam if you're going offensive)/Belch/Shadow Ball

Type: Normal/Steel
Ability: Immunity/Toxic Boost>>>Guts
Stats: 73/115/60/60/60/90>>>73/155/80/60/80/100

Basically he evolved to be completely immune to Seviper

Type: Poison/Fighting
Ability: Shed Skin/Infiltrator>>>Corrosion
Stats: 73/100/60/100/60/65>>>73/140/90/110/90/55
Movepool: +Sacred Sword

Basically he evolved to take out Zangoose(M)

I've got no problem taking that down. I liked the Aerilate idea and just threw one together to make sure there was one to choose from before voting started. Will agree to disagree on the brokenness aspect of it. Boomburst from 105 Special Attack hits about 10% harder than M-Gardevoir Hyper Voice, and Swellow has no coverage or ability to take hits. The Mega Mawile I mentioned to provide some context for Boomburst's strength would actually force Swellow out since it can OHKO with Sucker Punch.

Last edited:
Nah GG Unit's looks fine IMO. 105 SpA isn't overwhelming considering that it can't hold an item, Heatran and Tyranitar wall it and it's very frail. We'll see if it's broken in playtesting if it is voted for. Please keep it, GG, it looks interesting and fun to use.

Swellow originally had an extra move, but I just removed it as I don't want to argue, especially since I know I would lose xD
Abilities: Shed Skin (Infiltrator) -> Intoxicate (Poison Type Pixilate Clone)
New Moves: Extreme Speed
Def: 60 -> 50 (-10)
SpA: 100 -> 100
Spe: 65 -> 115 (+50)

Flavor concept: It becomes extremely fast. Its fangs and tail now constantly drip with poison. The raised lumps on its sides turn into short spikes, and it lashes out at anything that approaches it.

Competitive Concept: It now has an improved niche. It now has extremely powerful extremespeeds, and it has coil to set up with, as well as a good spD and ok speed. Two things keep thsi thing from being too strong: Poison isn't a very good offensive typing, and steel types are fairly common. It can easily run a coil/sucker punch/Espeed/filler set, with the last one probably being earthquake. It also has an impressive amount of resistances and only one weakness.

Abilities: Immunity (Toxic Boost) -> Precision (Look in OP for description; If this proves too strong, which I think it will, as it has fake out and quick attack, just change to Technician)
New Moves: Fake Out, Mach Punch

Atk: 115 -> 135 (+20)
SpA: 60 -> 60
SpD: 60 -> 50 (-10)
Spe: 90 -> 140 (+50)

Flavor Concept: This mongoose now gets even faster. It now is usually on all fours, even at the beginning of battles. It moves so quickly that you can see trails where his arms and legs have been.
It is a mongoose, of course it should be a fast priority abuser.

Competitive Concept: It is a very strong priority abuser with 80 bp fake outs, mach punches, and quick attacks, all off of a boostable 135 attack. It does not have very good coverage however, as any ghost type can wall its priority stabs. It does have dark and ghost type attacks though. It has 3 slots taken up by mach punch, fake out, and quick attack, so it only has one more to use on swords dance or a coverage move.

I chose aerilate even though it had already been made. I chose to make it a straight up physical sweeper rather than mixed or special. Having a special swellow is just weird to me.
Type: Normal/Flying -> Flying
Abilities: Guts (Scrappy) -> Aerilate

Atk: 85 -> 155 (+70)
SpA: 50 -> 50
NOTE: Before you try to argue with me on swellow's typing, read the ground rules. Thanks.
Flavor Concept: Well, it is a bird that is a very birdy bird based on its pokedex entry. It deserves aerilate anyways. Its talons and tail things extend, and its head becomes harder. Its beak turns red with the blood of its victims.

Competitive Concept: It now hits very, very hard with STAB aerilate boosted returns/frustrations/double edges off of a monstrous 155 attack stat. It doesn't really stand a chance against rock types and steel types though, as all of its best moves are resisted by them.

Last edited:
snippity-snip-snip
Basically your whole argument for flare blitz rests on the fact it gets sunny day and heat wave
Let me explain 3 things to you
  1. Sunny Day makes sense for Swellow because its Japanese name is clear skies(the weather condition birds fly best in)
  2. Heat Wave makes sense for Swellow because birds migrate looking for heat waves(hence why every bird pokemon gets it)
  3. It is generally accepted in this thread that Flare Blitz must not be given to non fire types without good reason
I'm correcting you because I once made these same mistakes. Also even if you did give it Flare Blitz it would be incompatible with Double Edge as
  • Swellow hasn't gotten Double Edge since gen three meaning it isn't compatible with one it only gets in gen six
  • Again gen 3 so even if you were able to change the generation it got Flare Blitz you couldn't change it to gen 3 since Flare Blitz was created in gen four

Abilities: Guts (Scrappy) -> Gale Wings
New Moves: Bulk Up, Swords Dance

Atk: 85 -> 140 (+55)
Def: 60 -> 80 (+20)
SpA: 50 -> 35 (-15)
SpD: 50 -> 70 (+20)

Slate
Mega Seviper
Abilities: Shed Skin/Inflitrator -> Viper (Biting moves have a 33% boost in power, and an added 30% chance to badly poison. Moves list is the same as Strong Jaw)
New Moves: Ice Fang, Fire Fang, Thunder Fang

Atk: 100 -> 135 (+35)
Def: 60 -> 75 (+15)
SpA: 100 -> 100 (+0)
SpD: 60 -> 75 (+15)
Spe: 65 -> 100 (+35)

With Viper and dark typing, Seviper gains a very powerful Crunch as well as perfect neutral coverage and excellent super effective coverage between Crunch, Ice Fang, and either Thunder Fang or Fire Fang (Thunder Fang has perfect neutral coverage while Fire Fang hits more pokemon super effectively). Seviper also becomes a unique wall-crippler, in that all of his Fang moves and Crunch have a scald level chance of Toxic poisoning, putting a time limit on any pokemon facing it. He also gains a better, if somewhat crowded, speed tier, so he isn’t both slow and fragile. Speaking of fragile he also gains a boost in his defence so he is not entirely made of tissue paper.

Seviper
Abilities: Shed Skin (Infiltrator) -> Rough Skin
New Moves: Swords Dance
Def: 60 -> 120 (+60)
Spe: 65 -> 55 (-10)

Keeping with its rivalry against Zangoose, Mega Seviper develops tough scales that will harm Zangoose any many other physical attackers that get too close in a fight. Swords Dance fits considering is blade-like tail, and puts it on more or less even footing with its rival.

Type: Poison -> Poison/Steel
Abilities: Shed Skin (Infiltrator) -> Sheer Force
New Moves: Gunk Blast, Fire Blast, Nasty Plot
Atk: 100 -> 125 (+25)
SpA: 100 -> 130 (+30)
SpD: 60 -> 85 (+25)
Spe: 65 -> 45 (-20)

Concept: It is a machete tailed viper. Why is it NOT Steel type? Seriously, why not?

Seviper epitomizes mixed attacking with a mix set of Sheer Forctitude. Simply put, after 1 Coil, Iron Tail never misses. Neither does Gunk Blast, or Fire Blast. With many moves and ways to boost, Sheer Force mixed Seviper has a plethora of ways to play, it's just a pity that the mixed defenses suck.

And if you think it can't get past Skarmory...
0- SpA Sheer Force Seviper Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 240 SpD Skarmory: 232-274 (69.4 - 82%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Yea, Seviper will be just fine! If someone tries to abuse your shitty speed, use Trick Room team Sucker Punch and make them regret it!

Then again, you could just go NP instead if you want, but you need 2 boosts to break even with Chancey.

Mega Seviper

Competitive Concept: Tired of losing to Immunity Zangoose, Seviper evolves further to finally poison its foe (sure, Toxic Boost is better in general, but it's still a cool concept). But more importantly, Mold Breaker is great at letting Seviper set up Coil without Unaware users ruining your day. Gunk Shot works great with Coil, as we've seen with Arbok (otherwise the two are quite different, given typing and movepool contrasts), and pick a Dark STAB of your choosing for decent coverage. That third attack slot can go to another physical move like Earthquake or Aqua Tail, but that 120 Special Attack makes for a nifty Fire Blast for those physically bulky Steels if you go -Speed, particularly given Coil's shoring up of its imperfect accuracy.

Dark typing not only supplements Poison beautifully, but gives Seviper STAB on all those Dark moves it had anyway: Crunch, Knock Off, Sucker Punch, Night Slash, the snake was made to be dark. Sucker Punch is nice to help with that 65 speed,

Flavor concept: It becomes extremely fast. Its fangs and tail now constantly drip with poison. The raised lumps on its sides turn into short spikes, and it lashes out at anything that approaches it.

Competitive Concept: It now has an improved niche. It now has extremely powerful extremespeeds, and it has coil to set up with, as well as a good spD and ok speed. Two things keep thsi thing from being too strong: Poison isn't a very good offensive typing, and steel types are fairly common. It can easily run a coil/sucker punch/Espeed/filler set, with the last one probably being earthquake. It also has an impressive amount of resistances and only one weakness.

Mega Zangoose
Abilities:Immunity/Toxic Boost -> Toxic Boost

Atk: 115 -> 150 (+35)
Spe: 90 -> 125 (+35)

Zangoose evolves to counter Mega-Seviper, copying his stat boosts and gaining a Fighting typing to resist Seviper’s new STAB. The Fighting type also gives him STAB Close Combat. He retains Toxic Boost, which is a double-edged sword. On one hand it discourages the use of toxic or even moves that have a poisoning chance (cough cough M-Seviper) from being used, but also leaves him ability-less if he doesn’t get poisoned as he can’t inflict his own poisoning anymore.

Zangoose
Abilities: Immunity (Toxic Boost) -> Guts
New Moves: Stone Edge

Atk: 115 -> 155 (+40)
Spe: 90 -> 120 (+30)

On the other side, Zangoose gains Guts to turn Seviper's deadly poison against it, as well as opponents that burn it. It also rounds out coverage with Stone Edge.

Mega Zangoose
Type: Normal -> Normal/Dark
Abilities:Immunity/Toxic Boost -> Tough Claws
New Moves: Dragon Claw, Sucker Punch, Agility

Atk: 115 -> 160 (+45)
SpD: 60 -> 70 (+10)
Spe: 90 -> 115 (+25)

Tough Claws because it has huge claws that are mentioned on all of its Pokedex entries. Dragon Claw because it has claws (the same reason why Clawitzer, a lobster with a cannon, gets Dragon Pulse :P). Sucker Punch aka Surprise Attack in Japanese is something I believe Zangoose would do, especially against Seviper, its arch enemy. Agility because its Sapphire Pokedex mentions it is agile.

If you think MegaCharizard X is good, check this MegaZangoose out. Zangoose has access to the 3 elemental punches, Aerial Ace, Close Combat and other Fighting moves, Shadow Claw, Dragon Claw, X-Scissor, Sucker Punch, Quick Attack and Poison Jab, all of which are affected by Tough Claws. It also has Swords Dance, Hone Claws and Agility to set up. It is also great as a revenge killer, because only 8 fully evolved Pokemon resist both Quick Attack and Sucker Punch, its Tough Claws boosted STABs. It does have a 4x weakness against Fighting in exchange for STAB Sucker Punch though, which is a problem, but that can be solved easily with a Ghost teammate.

Abilities: Immunity (Toxic Boost) -> Tough Claws
New Moves: Crunch, Sucker Punch

Def: 60 -> 85 (+25)
SpA: 60 -> 55 (-5)

Concept: Evil with its dark desire to eat snakes, Evil Mega Goose is a nasty abuser of SD Sucker Punch. He's a bit frail however, and Mach Punchers will give no fucks.

Now, Normal/Dark is a very nice STAB combo with double Priority, and A Close Combat will round things out very nicely to 4x all the resists (TTar and Bisharp.)

As much as I'd love to boost higher, +2 Sucker Punch would get REALLY good beyond 145.

Mega Zangoose

Flavor Concept: Zangoose has seen better days with more battle scars than ever, but it's hit the gym to compensate.

Competitive Concept: Mold Breaker Mega Seviper may be a pain for half of the standard Zangeese out there, but snakes aren't the only adaptable mons out there. With Poison Heal, Zangoose plays an interesting game: yes, it has to actually get itself poisoned without Toxic Orb, but it can play a few turns with Toxic Boost's power before growing older, wiser, and safer with Poison Heal. Or just Mega Evolve instantly and try to use that awesome ability to your advantage by boosting with Swords Dance and wrecking with great dual STAB; just clear out the ghosts before you do. Given its love of poison, Mega Zangoose is a great teammate for Toxic-weak mons that lure out the Zangoose roids.

Abilities: Immunity (Toxic Boost) -> Precision (Look in OP for description; If this proves too strong, which I think it will, as it has fake out and quick attack, just change to Technician)

Flavor Concept: This mongoose now gets even faster. It now is usually on all fours, even at the beginning of battles. It moves so quickly that you can see trails where his arms and legs have been.

Competitive Concept: It is a very strong priority abuser with 80 bp fake outs, mach punches, and quick attacks, all off of a boostable 135 attack. It does not have very good coverage however, as any ghost type can wall its priority stabs. It does have dark and ghost type attacks though. It has 3 slots taken up by mach punch, fake out, and quick attack, so it only has one more to use on swords dance or a coverage move.

Mega-Swalot

Poison
100 > 100 (+0)
73 > 73 (+0)
83 > 113 (+30)
73 > 123 (+50)
83 > 113 (+30)
55 > 45 (-10)

Gluttony / Liquid Ooze / Sticky Hold > Gastro Hoard*

*(At the end of every turn, this pokemon acts as if it used the move Stockpile. (Speed Boost Clone)
Movepool Additions: Recover
Mega-Swalot is now a lot bulkier, with much higher Special Attack. Flavour-wise, Stockpile, Swallow and Spit Up are always associated with the Swalot line, so its ability auto-uses it at the end of the turn, like how Speed Boost raises Speed. This is great in conjunction with Protect, as it allows Mega-Swalot to raise its defenses to tank an oncoming attack, then heal for a larger amount/attack for a huge amount with Swallow/Spit Up. However, Gastro Hoard is limited in that it only raises defences to +3, as that is Stockpile's limit. Ideally, come in on something that can't threaten Swalot and begin accumulating Stockpile boosts.

Swalot
Abilities: Liquid Ooze, Sticky Hold (Gluttony) -> Pressure
New Moves: Slack Off, Toxic Spikes

Atk: 73 -> 113 (+40)
SpA: 73 -> 73
Spe: 55 -> 55

With Slack Off and Pressure, Swalot becomes an out-and-out stalling monster. It has some offensive presence, but not all that much.

Mega Swalot
Abilities: Liquid Ooze/Sticky Hold/(Gluttony) -> Amoeba Spurt (When user is hit with a non-supereffective attack, the attack's type is changed to Poison before the hit.)
New Moves: Draining Kiss

Atk: 73 -> 73 (+0)
Def: 83 -> 108 (+25)
SpA: 73 -> 113 (+40)
SpD: 83 -> 108 (+25)
Spe: 55 -> 65 (+10)

MegaSwalot's ability is based on his Ruby Pokedex entry. "When Swalot spots prey, it spurts out a hideously toxic fluid from its pores and sprays the target. Once the prey has weakened, this Pokémon gulps it down whole with its cavernous mouth." By mega evolving, his spray makes the prey's attacks weaker. Draining Kiss is for flavor concepts mostly. Swalot's seems like it wants to kiss something :P... and the draining part is pre eating...

MegaSwalot's role as a stall mon are heavily boosted with its ability. 100/108/108 defenses and 16 resistances are godly. Firstly, the opponent won't know if it's a defensive, specially defensive or mixed defensive set. Not even MegaAlakazam can OHKO the specially defensive variant. That sounds broken, right? But it has its problems. Swalot's movepool is just enough, not lackluster but not overpowered. It's most important moves are Encore, Toxic, Protect, Substitute, Stockpile, Swallow and Spit Up. It's great for toxic stall and walling, but it can't do much else. It has no entry hazards and the only ways for it to heal HP: Draining Kiss, which is incredibly weak and doesn't cover its weaknesses; Swallow + Stockpile, which takes 2 turns for 25% recovery, 3 turns for 50% recovery and 4 turns for 100% recovery, and each Swallow removes all of Stockpile's defense boosts; Pain Split, which is unreliable because depends on how the opponent's health is. That's it. Since it's a mega, it can't carry Leftovers or other healing items.

Mega Swalot
Abilities: Liquid Ooze/Sticky Hold/Gluttony -> Stuffed (upon Mevolving/switching in, user has a full stockpile effect, minus the defensive boosts. This effect is lifted when Spit Up or Swallow are used)

Competitive Concept: I'll just edit a copy what I wrote earlier because I'm lazy.

Mega Swalot is defined by Stuffed, a new ability that's not only great flavor for a living stomach, but lets it use Swallow to fully recover its HP once per switch-in, or use a fully-powered Spit Up, which is a 300 BP attack. With 100/113/113 defenses and pure Poison typing, as well as a decent Special Attack of 103, Mega Swalot is perfectly built to use such an ability.

What keeps such an excellent ability from being gamebreaking? Mediocre stats (for a mega), the Stockpile effect going away when Swallow or Spit Up are used to prevent spamming, no way to boost its offense, and Sludge Bomb/Spit Up having literally the worst two-type coverage in the game (your best third move is Shadow Ball, which actually gives it great coverage resisted only by Tyranitar and Bisharp, but without STAB or a very good Special Attack stat it's not as good as it sounds). Still, even a resisted Spit Up has a BP of 150, and pure Poison typing mixed with decent bulk lets Swalot switch in plenty of times to either heal with Swallow or nuke with Spit Up, then retreat to recharge. Mega Swalot has excellent synergy with VoltTurn, working as the final cog in the momentum combo.

Concept: Protean fits to make Mega Swalot more like the adaptive stomach that it is. In short, it embodies the old adage: You are what you eat. The moves added are... filler, mostly to fill out its ability to become different types. Need a dragon blocker? Be a fairy! Electricity giving trouble, carry Earthquake. Talonflame? Um... there's Rollout or Hidden Power. No matter what, you're going last most of the time. The hot liquid garbage that is scald allows it to be a makeshift water type.

And don't worry about these moves helping regular Swalot... that thing's salvagable. Trust me, I haven't even heard of it being used in FU, which is PUs leftovers. That's gotta say something.

Ability: Liquid Ooze/Sticky Hold/Gluttony>>>Digest(This Pokemon heals 50% of its max HP when it uses a stat boosting move instead of its regular effect; Allows belch to activate)

I know you guys don't like complex(ish) abilities but this is one of the few things that would make Swalot viable. Ontop of this Belch was practically made for it and it makes sense with the ability(While Stockpile/Swallow was almost definitely made for it).

But basically this pokemon will usually run a set of Stat Boosting Move/Toxic(or Ice Beam if you're going offensive)/Belch/Shadow Ball

Swellow
Type: Normal/Flying -> Normal/Flying
Abilities: Guts (Scrappy) -> Intimidate
New Moves: Thunder Wave, Brick Break

Atk: 85 -> 110 (+25)
SpD: 50 -> 90 (+30)
Spe: 125 -> 150 (+25)

Instead of an offensive brute, Swellow becomes a graceful flier built around controlling the battle's momentum. This was inspired by the same thing that Aerial Ace (a move strongly associated with Swellow) is: the "Swallow Cut" technique created by Sasaki Kojirō, a prominent Japanese swordsman. The origins seem obscure, but it has roots in Japanese culture as do many of the other origins of Pokémon such as Ninetales and Froslass.

Swellow itself enters battle with a piercing cry, lowering opponents Attack with Intimidate. It gains Thunder Wave with which to control the speed of opponents. Similarly, Tailwind allows it to provide a temporary boost to its teammates. It can attack or U-turn out, and whatever it does puts pressure on opponents and allows it to sway the battle in favor of its team. It's still frail, so you have to be clever using it.

Swellow
Normal/Flying -> Normal/Flying
Guts/Scappy -> Reckless
Hp: 60 -> 60
Atk: 85 -> 115 (+30)
SpA: 50 -> 60 (+10)
SpD: 50 -> 60 (+10)
Spd: 125 -> 165 (+40)

Mega Swellow
Abilities: Guts (Scrappy) -> Elegant Drop (When user enters the battle or gains this ability, user uses the move Sky Drop without taking up a turn or using PP.)
New Moves: Sky Drop.

Atk: 85 -> 135 (+50)
Spe: 125 -> 125 (+0)

MegaSwellow's ability is a flavor fitting version of Raider.

Tried to make it's stats as similar to a physical MegaPidgeot as possible, just because. It is a straight up physical attacker, there's not much to explain, really.

Abilities: Guts (Scrappy) -> City Buster (Pokemon's Normal moves do SE damage against Steel and Rock types)

Concept: It's like inverse scrappy. Instead of hitting ghosts, it hits its resistors. Bring ghosts with flying resistance.

Mega Swellow

Guts/Scrappy ----> Moxie

Mega Swellow is a fast and strong physical sweeper, getting even stronger with every KO. Brick Break gives Swellow a decent move to hit Steel and Rock type Pokemon super effectively.

Basically this bird will usually run a set of quick attack/return/U-turn/Boomburst with few variations

I chose aerilate even though it had already been made. I chose to make it a straight up physical sweeper rather than mixed or special. Having a special swellow is just weird to me.

NOTE: Before you try to argue with me on swellow's typing, read the ground rules. Thanks.
Flavor Concept: Well, it is a bird that is a very birdy bird based on its pokedex entry. It deserves aerilate anyways. Its talons and tail things extend, and its head becomes harder. Its beak turns red with the blood of its victims.

Competitive Concept: It now hits very, very hard with STAB aerilate boosted returns/frustrations/double edges off of a monstrous 155 attack stat. It doesn't really stand a chance against rock types and steel types though, as all of its best moves are resisted by them.

Swellow
Ability: Guts/Scrappy (HA) --> Brute Force (see Ability spreadsheet for description)
With Brute Force, Mega Swellow gets to have physical Boomburst, Heat Wave, Air Slash and Hidden Power. It hits fast and hard, but is still rather frail and vulnerable to priority.

Send your votes via PM to nightsitter. Lemme know if I missed anyone or screwed anything up.
Tropius, Wailord, and Walrein are up for discussion at this point.

Last edited:
Slate
Mega Seviper
Abilities: Shed Skin/Inflitrator -> Viper (Biting moves have a 33% boost in power, and an added 30% chance to badly poison. Moves list is the same as Strong Jaw)
New Moves: Ice Fang, Fire Fang, Thunder Fang

Atk: 100 -> 135 (+35)
SpA: 100 -> 100 (+0)
Spe: 65 -> 100 (+35)

With Viper and dark typing, Seviper gains a very powerful Crunch as well as perfect neutral coverage and excellent super effective coverage between Crunch, Ice Fang, and either Thunder Fang or Fire Fang (Thunder Fang has perfect neutral coverage while Fire Fang hits more pokemon super effectively). Seviper also becomes a unique wall-crippler, in that all of his Fang moves and Crunch have a scald level chance of Toxic poisoning, putting a time limit on any pokemon facing it. He also gains a better, if somewhat crowded, speed tier, so he isn’t both slow and fragile. Speaking of fragile he also gains a boost in his defence so he is not entirely made of tissue paper.

Seviper
Abilities: Shed Skin (Infiltrator) -> Rough Skin
New Moves: Swords Dance
Def: 60 -> 120 (+60)
Spe: 65 -> 55 (-10)

Keeping with its rivalry against Zangoose, Mega Seviper develops tough scales that will harm Zangoose any many other physical attackers that get too close in a fight. Swords Dance fits considering is blade-like tail, and puts it on more or less even footing with its rival.

Type: Poison -> Poison/Steel
Abilities: Shed Skin (Infiltrator) -> Sheer Force
New Moves: Gunk Blast, Fire Blast, Nasty Plot
Atk: 100 -> 125 (+25)
SpA: 100 -> 130 (+30)
Spe: 65 -> 45 (-20)

Concept: It is a machete tailed viper. Why is it NOT Steel type? Seriously, why not?

Seviper epitomizes mixed attacking with a mix set of Sheer Forctitude. Simply put, after 1 Coil, Iron Tail never misses. Neither does Gunk Blast, or Fire Blast. With many moves and ways to boost, Sheer Force mixed Seviper has a plethora of ways to play, it's just a pity that the mixed defenses suck.

And if you think it can't get past Skarmory...
0- SpA Sheer Force Seviper Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 240 SpD Skarmory: 232-274 (69.4 - 82%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Yea, Seviper will be just fine! If someone tries to abuse your shitty speed, use Trick Room team Sucker Punch and make them regret it!

Then again, you could just go NP instead if you want, but you need 2 boosts to break even with Chancey.

Mega Seviper

Mega Zangoose
Abilities:Immunity/Toxic Boost -> Toxic Boost

Atk: 115 -> 150 (+35)
Spe: 90 -> 125 (+35)

Zangoose evolves to counter Mega-Seviper, copying his stat boosts and gaining a Fighting typing to resist Seviper’s new STAB. The Fighting type also gives him STAB Close Combat. He retains Toxic Boost, which is a double-edged sword. On one hand it discourages the use of toxic or even moves that have a poisoning chance (cough cough M-Seviper) from being used, but also leaves him ability-less if he doesn’t get poisoned as he can’t inflict his own poisoning anymore.

Zangoose
Abilities: Immunity (Toxic Boost) -> Guts
New Moves: Stone Edge

Atk: 115 -> 155 (+40)
Spe: 90 -> 120 (+30)

On the other side, Zangoose gains Guts to turn Seviper's deadly poison against it, as well as opponents that burn it. It also rounds out coverage with Stone Edge.

Mega Zangoose
Abilities:Immunity/Toxic Boost -> Tough Claws
New Moves: Dragon Claw, Sucker Punch, Agility

Atk: 115 -> 160 (+45)
SpD: 60 -> 70 (+10)

Tough Claws because it has huge claws that are mentioned on all of its Pokedex entries. Dragon Claw because it has claws (the same reason why Clawitzer, a lobster with a cannon, gets Dragon Pulse :P). Sucker Punch aka Surprise Attack in Japanese is something I believe Zangoose would do, especially against Seviper, its arch enemy. Agility because its Sapphire Pokedex mentions it is agile.

If you think MegaCharizard X is good, check this MegaZangoose out. Zangoose has access to the 3 elemental punches, Aerial Ace, Close Combat and other Fighting moves, Shadow Claw, Dragon Claw, X-Scissor, Sucker Punch, Quick Attack and Poison Jab, all of which are affected by Tough Claws. It also has Swords Dance, Hone Claws and Agility to set up. It is also great as a revenge killer, because only 8 fully evolved Pokemon resist both Quick Attack and Sucker Punch, its Tough Claws boosted STABs. It does have a 4x weakness against Fighting in exchange for STAB Sucker Punch though, which is a problem, but that can be solved easily with a Ghost teammate.

Abilities: Immunity (Toxic Boost) -> Tough Claws
New Moves: Crunch, Sucker Punch

Def: 60 -> 85 (+25)
SpA: 60 -> 55 (-5)

Concept: Evil with its dark desire to eat snakes, Evil Mega Goose is a nasty abuser of SD Sucker Punch. He's a bit frail however, and Mach Punchers will give no fucks.

Now, Normal/Dark is a very nice STAB combo with double Priority, and A Close Combat will round things out very nicely to 4x all the resists (TTar and Bisharp.)

As much as I'd love to boost higher, +2 Sucker Punch would get REALLY good beyond 145.

Mega Zangoose

Mega-Swalot

Poison
100 > 100 (+0)
73 > 73 (+0)
83 > 113 (+30)
73 > 123 (+50)
83 > 113 (+30)
55 > 45 (-10)

Gluttony / Liquid Ooze / Sticky Hold > Gastro Hoard*

*(At the end of every turn, this pokemon acts as if it used the move Stockpile. (Speed Boost Clone)
Movepool Additions: Recover
Mega-Swalot is now a lot bulkier, with much higher Special Attack. Flavour-wise, Stockpile, Swallow and Spit Up are always associated with the Swalot line, so its ability auto-uses it at the end of the turn, like how Speed Boost raises Speed. This is great in conjunction with Protect, as it allows Mega-Swalot to raise its defenses to tank an oncoming attack, then heal for a larger amount/attack for a huge amount with Swallow/Spit Up. However, Gastro Hoard is limited in that it only raises defences to +3, as that is Stockpile's limit. Ideally, come in on something that can't threaten Swalot and begin accumulating Stockpile boosts.

Swalot

With Slack Off and Pressure, Swalot becomes an out-and-out stalling monster. It has some offensive presence, but not all that much.

Mega Swalot
Abilities: Liquid Ooze/Sticky Hold/(Gluttony) -> Amoeba Spurt (When user is hit with a non-supereffective attack, the attack's type is changed to Poison before the hit.)
New Moves: Draining Kiss

Atk: 73 -> 73 (+0)
Def: 83 -> 108 (+25)
SpA: 73 -> 113 (+40)
SpD: 83 -> 108 (+25)
Spe: 55 -> 65 (+10)

MegaSwalot's ability is based on his Ruby Pokedex entry. "When Swalot spots prey, it spurts out a hideously toxic fluid from its pores and sprays the target. Once the prey has weakened, this Pokémon gulps it down whole with its cavernous mouth." By mega evolving, his spray makes the prey's attacks weaker. Draining Kiss is for flavor concepts mostly. Swalot's seems like it wants to kiss something :P... and the draining part is pre eating...

MegaSwalot's role as a stall mon are heavily boosted with its ability. 100/108/108 defenses and 16 resistances are godly. Firstly, the opponent won't know if it's a defensive, specially defensive or mixed defensive set. Not even MegaAlakazam can OHKO the specially defensive variant. That sounds broken, right? But it has its problems. Swalot's movepool is just enough, not lackluster but not overpowered. It's most important moves are Encore, Toxic, Protect, Substitute, Stockpile, Swallow and Spit Up. It's great for toxic stall and walling, but it can't do much else. It has no entry hazards and the only ways for it to heal HP: Draining Kiss, which is incredibly weak and doesn't cover its weaknesses; Swallow + Stockpile, which takes 2 turns for 25% recovery, 3 turns for 50% recovery and 4 turns for 100% recovery, and each Swallow removes all of Stockpile's defense boosts; Pain Split, which is unreliable because depends on how the opponent's health is. That's it. Since it's a mega, it can't carry Leftovers or other healing items.

Mega Swalot

Swalot

Swellow
Normal/Flying -> Normal/Flying
Guts/Scappy -> Reckless
Hp: 60 -> 60
Atk: 85 -> 115 (+30)
SpA: 50 -> 60 (+10)
SpD: 50 -> 60 (+10)
Spd: 125 -> 165 (+40)

Mega Swellow
Abilities: Guts (Scrappy) -> Elegant Drop (When user enters the battle or gains this ability, user uses the move Sky Drop without taking up a turn or using PP.)
New Moves: Sky Drop.

Atk: 85 -> 135 (+50)
Spe: 125 -> 125 (+0)

MegaSwellow's ability is a flavor fitting version of Raider.

Tried to make it's stats as similar to a physical MegaPidgeot as possible, just because. It is a straight up physical attacker, there's not much to explain, really.

Mega Swellow

Guts/Scrappy ----> Moxie

Swellow

Send your votes via PM to nightsitter. Lemme know if I missed anyone or screwed anything up
My Swalot is in both Swalot's and Swellow's section.

My plan for Mega Torkoal is to make it an Unaware mixed wall as its a very different typing from clefable and quaqsire, but I'll prevent it from being viable as a shell smasher by giving it lower speed. I don't have any current ideas for the other three. (I actually really want tropius to get an ability that adds confusion chance to all of its attacking moves (about 30%) because all of its opponents would be going bananas... but that would be silly and wouldn't make any sense in Japanese )

Last edited:
Torkoal was already done by Dry Paratroopa, so hopefully he'll argue his case here.

My idea for Mega Torkoal would be Fire/Water with Scald, and turning it from a tortoise to a turtle. It already has the steam flavor handy, and will maintain its bulk with Filter. Shell Smash can be used if necessary, but Torkoal's awful speed does it no favors on that front.

Mega Tropius is begging for Grass/Dragon, and already has Dragon Dance, Outrage, and Dragon Pulse to boot. Leaf Blade/Outrage/Earthquake only misses Skarmory, Togekiss, Whimsicott, and Bronzong, so Dragon Dance is nice and viable, but it can also be tanky with Leech Seed if you'd like. Buffing Tropius into viability, beyond the stat increase, is new ability Filter (sorry two Filters happen to be in a row in this project), which aids its weaknesses to (takes big breath) Flying, Bug, Poison, Dragon, Fairy, and Ice (x4), and lets its nifty resistances to Water (x4), Grass (x4), Electric (x4), and Ground shine brighter.

Mega Wailord is getting slower and letting those defenses make that 170 HP get some actual work done. While its mediocre 90/90 attacking stats remain the same, Sheer Force oughtta help it run a nice Curse set (but sadly makes Scald stop burning, rats!). I'm also letting it learn Rock Slide for coverage and because this is a whale that can go into battle on land, so I'm sure it can make some rocks fall. The beauty is that, with lowered speed, that flinchrate for Waterfall and Rock Slide were worthless anyway!

Mega Walrein is also beefing up, but gets an Attack boost as well. Simple boosts, but effective ones, particularly when it also gets Icicle Crash (how did it not already have this?) and, more importantly, Ice Age, our new ability that turns all non-SE moves into Ice-type. Given Walrein resists Ice x4, that means our walrus is suddenly an incredible tank, despite weaknesses to Electric, Grass, Fighting, and Rock.

I already had Ice Age Walrein written down with stats, movepool additions, and all so I'm a little disappointed someone beat me to it. Ah well.

Wailord will get Levitate because it's the Float Whale Pokémon. Maybe an added Steel type to make it like a blimp.

Tropius is an obvious candidate for Grass/Dragon, but I might not change it since it would gain more weaknesses.

Torkoal was done and there weren't any issues with it. I think it's a tad disrespectful to just throw it out.

Last edited:
Sorry, I must have missed the Torkoal when creating the spreadsheet. I think it's a tad difficult to get everything perfect. I'll add it in when I have access to a computer, and this slate will only consist of the other three Pokemon.

Also, remember that the discussion phase doesn't entitle anyone to reserve ideas.

I'm personally thinking Seed Drop for Tropius, with Aromatherapy to differentiate it from Mega Exeggutor

So wait, why is this Torkoal getting a pass when a few others such as Lumineon, Raichu and a few others not?

I mean I'm glad the person isn't getting cheated out of a win... in this case.

So wait, why is this Torkoal getting a pass when a few others such as Lumineon, Raichu and a few others not?

I mean I'm glad the person isn't getting cheated out of a win... in this case.
I believe its because those others were determined to be broken by the balancing council, while this one is not

Cookie Butter

formerly the someone
I'm personally thinking Seed Drop for Tropius, with Aromatherapy to differentiate it from Mega Exeggutor
Anything related to seeds on Tropius makes no sense. Let me tell you why:
  • Bananas are parthenocarpic fruits. Tropius's fruits were never confirmed to be bananas, but the gustative, visual and geographical information heavily suggest those are bananas. We know for sure Tropius's fruit is based on a seedless fruit.
  • Tropius can only learn "Seed" moves by breeding or by tutoring. For some reason, the magic of Pokemon breeding allows Tropius's fruits to have seeds. That makes seeds on a banana plausible. Tutor moves, which are artificial, also make Tropius's seeds plausible. That also means Tropius is entirely confirmed to not being able to produce seeds on its own.
That is all.

Anything related to seeds on Tropius makes no sense. Let me tell you why:
  • Bananas are parthenocarpic fruits. Tropius's fruits were never confirmed to be bananas, but the gustative, visual and geographical information heavily suggest those are bananas. We know for sure Tropius's fruit is based on a seedless fruit.
  • Tropius can only learn "Seed" moves by breeding or by tutoring. For some reason, the magic of Pokemon breeding allows Tropius's fruits to have seeds. That makes seeds on a banana plausible. Tutor moves, which are artificial, also make Tropius's seeds plausible. That also means Tropius is entirely confirmed to not being able to produce seeds on its own.
That is all.
I believe where the seed drop idea came from would be the flavour text from the pokedex entry about feeding it's fruit to children, thus an ability which automatically granted heal regen to its allies would be fitting. But rather than create a whole new ability to serve this purpose, he repurposed exeggutor's ability which name fit it's own purpose. Thus the ability's spirit fulfills the desired concept, if not in the most biologically accurate manner. In addition, pokemon is a kids game, so more advanced biological concepts like that could easily be ignored, and thus bananas being lumped in together with seeded fruits

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)