Megas For All V2 (Induction Phase)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Electric -> Electric/Dark
Minus/Volt Absorb -> Prankster
New Moves: Slack-Off, Memento, Follow Me (All egg moves)

HP 60-> HP 60
Atk 40-> 40 (+0)
Def 50-> 70 (+20)
SpA 75-> 95 (+20)
SpD 85-> 125 (+40)
Spe 95-> 115 (+20)

Competitive Concept: Well, I'm not good at explaining competitive concept, I only think it could be a good Prankster user, and that's all.

Electric -> Electric/Fairy
Plus/Volt Absorb -> Simple
New Moves: Dazzling Gleam, Moonblast (one TM and one egg move)

HP 60 -> HP 60
Atk 50-> 70 (+20)
Def 40-> 40 (+0)
SpA 85-> 125 (+40)
SpD 75-> 95 (+20)
Spe 95-> 115 (+20)

Competitive Concept: I think it would be good this way. It has the same statistic changes as Minun but inverted between Attacks and Defences

Water -> Water/Dragon
Marvel Scale/Competitive/Cute Charm -> Technician
New Moves

HP 95-> HP 95
Atk 60-> 70 (+10)
Def 79-> 109 (+30)
SpA 100-> 130 (+30)
SpD 125-> 155 (+20)
Spe 81-> 81 (+0)

Flavor Concept: Same stat changes to Gyarados. The ability boosts Dragon Breath and Water Pulse, so I think it could Paralyze and Confuse the opponent.

Mega Milotic
Type: Water -> Water/Fairy
Abilities: Marvel Scale/Competitive/Cute Charm-> Marvel Scale
New Moves: N/A

HP: 95 -> 95
Atk: 60 -> 60 (+0)
Def: 79 -> 110 (+31)
SpA: 100 -> 120 (+20)
SpD: 125 -> 160 (+35)
Spe: 81 -> 95 (+14)
BST: 540 -> 640

Mega Milotic gets the coveted water/fairy typing it wished it got this Gen! However the acquisition of this typing is purely for defensive purposes as it has no fairy stab attacks. The spread allows it to either be extremely bulky specially with recover, or be bulky on both sides (as well as status immune) with a rest talk set. I avoided giving it any stab move for its new fairy typing because if it runs a monoattacking set having a stab with no immunities would make it potentially very powerful.

Mega Raichu
Type: Electric -> Electric
Abilities: Static/ Lightning Rod -> Lightning Aura (Boosts attack and special attack by 1.5)
New Moves:

HP: 60 -> 60
Atk: 90 -> 115 (+25)
Def: 55 -> 75 (+20)
SpA: 90 -> 115 (+25)
SpD: 80 -> 100 (+20)
Spe: 110 -> 120 (+10)
BST: 485 -> 585

So basically the concept here is Light Ball 2.0. Raichu, always shoved from the limelight by his bloody younger sibling rises up with a vengeance! Hits like a truck and can go physical or special but isn't too fast and is very frail on the physical side.

Description and possibly more megas to come later.

So nightsitter (how do I tag people?), when we finish up all of the pokemon, have the meta coded and playable, and when ORAS is out, You mentioned that a possible meta for this being MFA ubers. So in that event wouold we come back and slate all of the ubers pokemon?

Last edited:
Speaking of things being reopened, why Raichu? Maybe this is because it was mine but I didn't see a reason to reopen it.

Milotic (Miloticite)
Abilities: Marvel Scale, Competitive (Cute Charm) -> Multiscale
New Moves: Dazzling Gleam

Atk: 60 -> 70 (+10)
Def: 79 -> 109 (+30)
SpA: 100 -> 130 (+30)
SpD: 125 -> 155 (+30)
Spe: 81 -> 81
Raichu (Raichunite)
Abilities: Static (Lightning Rod) -> Staticate (Electirc-type Pixilate clone, turns Normal type moves into Electric type moves)
New Moves: Ice Punch (also Extremespeed and Fake Out are now egg moves)
Atk: 90 -> 120 (+30)
SpA: 90 -> 100 (+10)
SpD: 80 -> 90 (+10)
Spe: 110 -> 140 (+30)

Last edited:
Speaking of things being reopened, why Raichu? Maybe this is because it was mine but I didn't see a reason to reopen it.

Milotic (Miloticite)

Raichu (Raichunite)
Abilities: Static (Lightning Rod) -> Staticate (Electirc-type Pixilate clone, turns Normal type moves into Electric type moves)
New Moves: Swords Dance, Ice Punch
That entire slate wasn't included in the spreadsheet before I created the new one, so I assumed it was all rejected. We redid my Kingler and clapyourhands' Celebi from that slate already, and I fear that the Raichu was pretty overpowered too. Extreme Speed with Speed Boost and SD is crazy strong

Water -> Water/Dragon
Marvel Scale/Competitive/Cute Charm -> Grit Power(See OP for details) Though I'd love to make a new ability name with the same effect.(Mystic Scale?)
New Moves: None

HP 95-> HP 95
Atk 60-> 70(+10)
Def 79-> 109(+30)
SpA 100-> 135 (+35)
SpD 125-> 130(+5)
Spe 81-> 101(+20)

Flavor Concept: Milotic becomes a dragon type like it always was meant to be. It learns Dragon Pulse,twister, dragon tail...like charizard screams secondary dragon typing lol It's body becomes more adaptable and nimble, so it gains more speed.

Competitive concept:While Fiary typing is the more popular choice, I wanted a more offensive milotic but with great bulk to be a tank. Dragon +Water is still a great defensive typing being only weak to dragon and fairy. Also I wanted to keep it's title as the status absorber for what it is most famous for. Again I like to change the name of the ability Grit Power specifically for milotic called Mystic Scale. Grit Power still works but if we can that'd be great! Shell Armour and Battle Armour are the same. :p

Water -> Water/ Fairy
Marvel Scale/Competitive/Cute Charm-> Magic Bounce
New Moves: Moonblast
Hp: 95 -> 95
Atk: 60 -> 60 (0)
Def: 79 -> 114 (+35)
SpA: 100 -> 125 (+25)
SpD: 125 -> 135 (+10)
Spd: 81 -> 111(+30)

Cookie Butter

formerly the someone
Abilities: Minus (Volt Absorb) -> Electrifying Aura (When user is hit with a non-supereffective attack, the attack's type is changed to Electric before the hit)
New Moves: Electrify, Parabolic Charge

Atk: 40 -> 40
Def: 50 -> 70 (+20)
SpA: 75 -> 105 (+30)
SpD: 85 -> 115 (+30)
Spe: 95 -> 115 (+20)
BST: 405 -> 505

Abilities: Minus (Volt Absorb) -> Generate (Normal moves get boosted in power by 30%, and transform to Electric type)

Atk: 50 -> 70 (+20)
Def: 40 -> 40
SpA: 85 -> 115 (+30)
SpD: 75 -> 105 (+30)

Abilities: Static/Lightning Rod -> Terminal Velocity (This Pokemon's Electric type moves have +1 priority)
New Moves: Extreme Speed is now a level up move.
Def: 55 -> 65 (+10)
SpA: 90 -> 120 (+30)
Spe: 110 -> 130 (+20)

Last edited:
Plusle and Minun are virtually identical, with only a few movepool differences (Plusle gets Last Resort versus Minun's Charm and Trump Card), a Hidden Ability difference (Plusle's is Lightning Rod, Minun's is Volt Absorb) and a slightly different stat focus (Plusle skews offensive and Minun skews more defensive) to distinguish them.

Mega Plusle
Type: Electric-> Electric
Ability: Plus/Lightning Rod-> Twin Team (uses every move, including non-attacking moves, twice; power of second attacking move has power reduced by 50%, like Parental Bond)
New Moves: None (Magnetic Flux fits flavor perfectly and I have no idea why they don't get it, but it's basically useless competitively)

Atk: 50 -> 50 (+0)
Def: 40 -> 75 (+35)
SpA: 85 -> 95 (+10)
SpD: 75 -> 110 (+35)

Mega Minun
Ability: Plus/Volt Absorb -> Twin Team (uses every move, including non-attacking moves, twice; power of second attacking move has power reduced by 50%, like Parental Bond)
New Moves: None (again, though, Magnetic Flux would be great)

Atk: 40 -> 40 (+0)
Def: 50 -> 85 (+35)
SpA: 75 -> 85 (+10)
SpD: 85 -> 120 (+35)

Flavor Concept (both): Mega Plusle is joined by a Minun. Mega Minun is joined by a Plusle. Either way, we end up with both on the field; the only visual distinction between Mega Plusle and Mega Minun is that the original pokemon is on the right in the frontsprite (and thus on the left in the backsprite).

Competitive Concept (both): Considering Plusle and Minun were built to showcase the then-new Doubles meta (much like Pichu is to Gen II's baby pokemon and Dedenne is to Gen VI's Fairy type), GF would likely retain their formerly signature abilities to make them better in that meta, much like they've done with Audino. Still, we can have our fun here in imaginationland, and transform each of these halves into a deadly whole every time we send them out. With Plusle and Minun both on the field, things get dangerous fast.

As we've seen with Mega Kanga, Parental Bond is a magnificent ability. Plusle and Minun fall short of Kanga's offensive and defensive stats, and can hardly match her outstanding movepool, but their new Twin Team ability not only doubles attacks in the same way, but doubles non-attacking moves. Remember how Mega Kangaskhan devastated opponents with Power-Up Punch, getting a free swords dance with an attack? Well, don't look now, but Plusle and Minun get Nasty Plot and Agility, boosting their stats to horrifying heights in no time. Not to mention Charge Beam, a less reliable but more powerful Power-Up Punch that can still potentially give a free Nasty Plot boost.

What's the difference between the two? Well, Minun is probably better, as its superior bulk (and access to a crippling double-Charm) are probably more useful than Plusle's slightly higher Special Attack, given their Simple-like boosting prowess. Still, it's worth noting that Plusle's Lightning Rod can afford it a free Special Attack buff pre-Mega, unlike Minun's Volt Absorb, so if you're feeling crafty or just really like offense even if it risks dying before attacking, Plusle is still a viable choice.

Now, what's keeping Mega Plusle and Mega Minun from the banhammer? Most obviously, even if their bulk and speed have been improved to better-than-shit levels, this meta is saturated with heavy hitters and speed demons; you're far more likely to come across a faster opponent than in any standard tier. More damning, though, is the duo's non-existant coverage: Grass Knot, Signal Beam, and Hidden Power are basically it. Still, with Nasty Plot, Agility, and Charge Beam working overtime (as well as, oh boy, access to Baton Pass), these opposites are looking very attractive.

Abilities: Static/Lightning Rod -> Overcurrent (user's Electric moves have 2x effectiveness against Pokemon normally immune to Electric)
Atk: 90 -> 100 (+10)
SpA: 90 -> 130 (+40)

Mega Raichu has spent a lot of time aiming for the horn as a Pikachu and is now able to overrule the type chart with a well-placed jolt. With HP Ice, BoltBeam coverage is even better than before since Thunderbolt can waste any Ground type that was neutral to Hidden Power. This makes Grass Knot pretty much irrelevant and gives Raichu room to explore Nasty Plot, Encore, Volt Switch or Thunder Wave. It's still frail and has trouble muscling past (non Lightning Rod/Volt Absorb) Electric, Grass and Dragon types, but not too many Pokemon boast the ability to OHKO Excadrill, Quagsire and Talonflame with the same move (nobody's looking at you, Specs Kyurem-W).

Abilities: Plus/Lightning Rod -> Inspiration (Pokemon coming in receives +2 to its higher attacking stat [defaults to Special Attack if tied])
New Moves: Heal Bell

Atk: 50 -> 50
Def: 40 -> 55 (+15)
SpA: 85 -> 125 (+40)
SpD: 75 -> 95 (+20)
Spe: 95 -> 120 (+25)

Even in singles, Mega Plusle is all about being positive and supporting its teammates. Get in, get out and effectively Baton Pass a Swords Dance or Nasty Plot without taking a turn or moveslot. If an un-Tauntable boost with priority for a teammate seems excessive, just remember that this thing has to stay in for a turn and Mega Evolve without fainting or getting phazed/set up on before it can start helping its teammates. Note that the Inspiration boost occurs independently of Baton Pass; Using Nasty Plot, then Baton Pass would give an incoming special attacker +4 SpA, but using Nasty Plot followed by switching/Volt Switching only gives +2.

Abilities: Minus/Volt Absorb -> Encouragement (Pokemon coming in receives +2 to its lower defensive stat [defaults to Special Defense if tied])
SpA: 75 -> 90 (+15)
SpD: 85 -> 125 (+40)

Even in singles, Mega Minun never gives up on its teammates. It doesn't even need to use Baton Pass to give the Pokemon switching in for it the motivation to go and defend its heart out. If an un-Tauntable boost with priority for a teammate seems excessive, just remember that this thing has to stay in for a turn and Mega Evolve without fainting or getting phazed/set up on before it can start helping its teammates. Note that the Encourage boost occurs independently of Baton Pass; Using Nasty Plot, then Baton Pass would give an incoming Chansey +2 Special Attack and +2 Defense, but using Nasty Plot followed by switching/Volt Switching only gives Chansey +2 Defense.

Last edited:
By the way, unless someone wants to take over again (so sorry...vacations on Saturday and Monday), the submission period will end Sunday morning.

There shouldn't be discussion about any metagame other than standard OU+MFA megas until we actually decide whether to open other metas.
Type: Electric -> Electric/Fire
Ability: Plus/Lightning Rod -> Parental Bond
New Moves: Recover, Lava Plume

Atk: 40 -> 60 (+20)
Def: 50 -> 90 (+40)
Spe: 95 -> 95

Flavor Concept: Minun works better with a Partner, hence Parental Bond! Fire type because it goes into overdrive upon MEvo, and Lava Plume is for STAB. It gets Recover because it can generate health with electricity.

Competitive Concept: Status spreader with a solid amount of power to back it up. Mega Minun’s Discharge and Lava Plume each hit with a 51% chance to paralyze/burn the opponent, two important statuses to any team. Recover and a filler move like Volt Switch should probably complete its move set.
New Moves: Recover, Fiery Dance

Atk: 50 -> 90 (+40)
Def: 40 -> 60 (+20)
SpD: 75 -> 85 (+10)

Flavor Concept: Plusle works better with a Partner, hence Parental Bond! Fire type because it goes into overdrive upon MEvo, and Fiery Dance is for STAB. It gets Recover because it can generate health with electricity.

Competitive Concept: Vicious attacker that, while easily revenged, can deal massive damage from the special side. Discharge/Fiery Dance/HP Ice/Boosting Move should probably comprise most move sets.

Will edit with Raichu later

I'm somewhat against having lunatone and solrock be by different people, with as similar as they are. But nothing I say will change that so...
Anyways, lets go on to some submissions that include one of my favorite pokemon and 3 crappy pokemon.

Typing: Electric -> Electric/Fairy
Abilities: Minus (Volt Absorb) -> Negative Wishes (Raises team's spD and Def by 1.2x; based on victory star)
Movepool Additions: Heal Bell, Dazzling Gleam
Spe: 95 -> 105 (+10)

Flavor Concept: It now carries around bells.

Competitive Concept: I herd you like support pokemon? This thing makes stall teams OP, at the cost of only having 5 of them be really good. This thing has heal bell if you mons get statused, wish for if they need a little bit more healing, and an ability that raises spD and Def by 1.2x on all pokemon in the team. Quite strong if used correctly. Mega Aggron can be up to 614 defense, and this ability multiplies it by 1.2x. It now has 736.8 Def. Now, this isn't possible because you can only have one mega, but this is just an example.

Abilities: Plus (Lightning Rod) -> Positive Wishes (Raises teams spA and Atk by 1.2x; based on victory star)

Def: 40 -> 50 (+10)
Spe: 95 -> 135 (+40)

Competitive Concept: I herd you like support pokemon? This thing makes HO teams OP, at the cost of only having 5 of them be really good. This thing has heal bell if you mons get statused, wish for if they need a little bit more healing, and an ability that raises spA and Atk by 1.2x on all pokemon in the team. Quite strong if used correctly. Mega alakazam can be up to 493 spA, and this ability multiplies it by 1.2x. It now has 591.6 spA. Now, this isn't possible because you can only have one mega, but this is just an example.

Typing: Water -> Water/Dragon
Abilities: Competitive/Marvel Scale (Cute Charm) -> Sorcery (All attacking moves by this pokemon heal the user by 25%, in addition to its other effects)
Movepool Additions: Draco Meteor, Flash Cannon

Atk: 60 -> 60
SpA: 100 -> 140 (+40)
SpD: 125 -> 115 (-10)
Spe: 81 -> 121 (+40)

Flavor Concept: It is in the dragon egg group, is a very majestic (charismatic) pokemon. I'm a geek, and if you are one too you should understand the ability by reading this. Flash cannon because it already has iron head/tail.

Competitive Concept: Now every move can heal this pokemon, making it a good tank. It has good defenses and hp, as well as quite good spA and ok speed. Flash cannon to deal with fairies, scald to heal yourself and burn the opponent, hydro pump to hit hard and heal more, draco meteor to be an absolute nuke that can heal up, ice beam for more coverage, and dragon pulse to stay in. The hardest part is making this pokemon, and deciding whether it should be a nuke or a long lasting tank.

Typing: Electric -> Electric/Normal
Abilities: Static (Lightning Rod) -> Overestimation (Does 1.4x damage to opponents 1.58m or taller)
Movepool Additions: None
Atk: 90 -> 125 (+35)
Def: 55 -> 55
SpA: 90 -> 125 (+35)
SpD: 80 -> 80

Flavor Concept: "It can loose 100,000-volt bursts of electricity, instantly downing foes several times its size."

Competitive Concept: Most pokemon are larger than 1.58m, making them take a lot of damage from powerful, fast moves. Anything smaller can easily wall raichu though. As well as excadrill and golurk. And any rock/ground type. It gets walled by quite a few things. Normal typing allows for a fairly powerful espeed and fake out, especially against things like mega alakazam. It can run a special move to help against aggron and goodra, or it can run primarily special with espeed for a powerful priority move to use against chansey and other pokemon.

nightsitter, what on earth is the flavor for the cheer squad to learn Lava Plume and Fiery Dance?
Read the flavor description. Game Freak would conceivably give them those attacks if it gave them Fire type and Parental Bond. I know Lava Plume is a stretch, so I'd be willing to give Plusle and Minun Heat Wave instead of the two other moves. But the secondary effects fit pretty well with the ability.

Typing: Electric -> Electric/Ice
Abilities: Minus (Volt Absorb) -> Refrigerate
Movepool Additions: Hyper Voice, Freeze Dry
Def: 50 -> 75 (+25)
SpA: 75 -> 110 (+35)
SpD: 85 -> 110 (+25)
Spe: 95 -> 110 (+15)

Typing: Electric -> Electric/Fire
Abilities: Plus (Lightning Rod) -> Burning Hands (fire type refrigerate
Movepool Additions: Hyper Voice, Will-o-wisp

Def: 40 -> 65 (+25)
SpA: 85 -> 120 (+35)
SpD: 75 -> 100 (+25)

It's a very simple concept. Do I really need to explain? I hope not because I'd like to think it speaks for itself.

Typing: Water -> Water/Fairy
Abilities: Competitive/Marvel Scale (Cute Charm) -> Scale Armor (reduces all damage by 20%. This includes moves with set damage like weather, Toxic, Super Fang, Counter, and Seismic Toss. Critical Hits ignore)
Movepool Additions: Moon Blast

SpD: 125 -> 125
Spe: 81 -> 120 (+39)

Concept: Cute and defensive. Reducing all damage by a mere 20% may not seem like much, but it effects EVERYTHING except crits! Toxic, Super Fang, Stealth Rocks... Mega Milon's Secret Castle is in its durability, and it packs a punch too.

If needed, I could reduce this from 20 to 10, anything less and you might as well be ability-less.

Typing: Electric --> Electric/Normal
Abilities: Static (Lightningrod) --> Competitive
Movepool Additions: +Hyper Voice, +Ice Punch
Atk: 90 --> 120 (+30)
Def: 55 --> 60 (+5)
SpA: 90 --> 110 (+20)
SpD: 80 --> 97 (+17)
Spe: 100 --> 128 (+28)

Typing: Water --> Water/Fairy
Abilities: Marvel Scale/Competitive (Cute Charm) --> Glittering Scales*
*When at 60% or lower, Defense/Special Defense rise by 1.5x (if it heals back to above 60 no longer in effect)
Movepool Additions: Moonblast, Calm Mind
Atk: 60 --> 70 (+10)
Def: 79 -->110 (+31)
SpA: 100 --> 120 (+20)
SpD: 125 --> 140 (+15)
Spe: 81 --> 104 (+23)

May come up with something for Plusle/Minun later

Mega-Minun
Minus / Volt Absorb > Prankster
Electric > Electric/Fairy

60 > 60 (+0)
40 > 40 (+0)
50 > 90 (+40)
75 > 110(+35)
85 > 90 (+5)
95 > 115 (+20)

Movepool Additions:
Eerie Impulse, Ice Beam, Tail Glow.

Mega Minun acts as a fast, offensive Prankster, similar to Thunderus. However, Mega-Minum has a few more support options up its sleeve, such as Charm/Eerie Impulse crippling any attacker, Heal Bell to clear status, and of course, Tail Glow to boost itself up. It has enough offensive options to get by, with Ice/Electric coverage.

Mega-Plusle
Plus / Lightning Rod > Prankster

60 > 60 (+0)
50 > 50 (+0)
40 > 70 (+30)
85 > 135 (+50)
75 > 70 (-5)
95 > 120 (+25)

Movepool Additions:
Eerie Impulse, Flamethrower, Tail Glow.

Mega-Plusle is a fast, offensive but frail pokemon, similar to the likes of Manectric. However, Mega-Plusle has some good support options in conjunction with Prankster, such as Tail Glow and Thunder Wave/Sweet Kiss. Watch out for any stray Earthquakes.

Mega-Milotic
Competitive / Cute Charm / Marvel Scale > Multiscale
Water > Water/Fairy

95 > 95 (+0)
60 > 60 (+0)
79 > 122 (+43)
100 > 123 (+23)
129 > 154 (+25)
81 > 91 (+10)

Mega-Milotic is now a superb special wall and a very good physical wall, especially when burning with Scald. It has a very useful defensive ability in Multiscale, complimented by a fantastic defensive typing with only three weaknesses - Grass, Electric and Poison, while having a plethora of resistances - Ice, Fighting, Dark, Fire, etc.

EDIT: Changed the movepools.

Last edited:
Mega-Minun

60 > 60 (+0)
40 > 40 (+0)
50 > 90 (+40)
75 > 110(+35)
85 > 90 (+5)
95 > 115 (+20)

Movepool Additions:
Electrify, Ion Deluge, Magnetic Flux, Eerie Impulse, Heal Bell, Reflect, Haze, Electric Terrain, Ice Beam, Tail Glow.

Mega Minun acts as a fast, offensive Prankster, similar to Thunderus. However, Mega-Minum has a few more support options up its sleeve, such as Charm/Eerie Impulse crippling any attacker, Heal Bell to clear status, and of course, Tail Glow to boost itself up. It has enough offensive options to get by, with Ice/Electric coverage.

Mega-Plusle

60 > 60 (+0)
50 > 50 (+0)
40 > 70 (+30)
85 > 135 (+50)
75 > 70 (-5)
95 > 120 (+25)

Movepool Additions:
Electrify, Ion Deluge, Magnetic Flux, Eerie Impulse, Heal Bell, Reflect, Haze, Electric Terrain, Flamethrower, Tail Glow.

Mega-Plusle is a fast, offensive but frail pokemon, similar to the likes of Manectric. However, Mega-Plusle has some good support options in conjunction with Prankster, such as Tail Glow and Thunder Wave/Sweet Kiss. Watch out for any stray Earthquakes.

Mega-Milotic
Water > Water/Fairy

95 > 95 (+0)
60 > 60 (+0)
79 > 122 (+43)
100 > 123 (+23)
129 > 154 (+25)
81 > 91 (+10)

Mega-Milotic is now a superb special wall and a very good physical wall, especially when burning with Scald. It has a very useful defensive ability in Multiscale, complimented by a fantastic defensive typing with only three weaknesses - Grass, Electric and Poison, while having a plethora of resistances - Ice, Fighting, Dark, Fire, etc.

Only three movepool additions per mega

Mega Raichu
Type: Electric --> Electric/Fairy (Just Electric if it proves to be overpowered)
Abilities: Static/Lightningrod --> Pixilate
Stats: 60/90/55/90/80/110 --> 60/120(+30)/75(+20)/120(+30)/80/130(+20)
New Moves: +Hyper Voice (Pikachu level up move), Extremespeed is an egg move for Pichu, Surf is a learnable TM for Pikachu
Pikachu and Raichu were among the few Pokemon in the Fairy egg group not to get a retyping. With this Mega Evolution, Raichu gains the Fairy type and becomes the only Pokemon to have access to Pixilate and Extremespeed. Raichu retains its ability to go mixed with its wide movepool and solid attacking stats and has access to a good speed tier before and after Mega Evolution. Extremespeed doesn't seem too broken on it so far, as it has no way to boost its Attack, and 120 is not too high of an Attack for Mega standards (it needs Knock Off to break through Chansey, for example). And don't worry, Adaptability Mega Dedenne will still have merits over Raichu.

Mega Milotic
Type: Water --> Water/Dragon
Abilities: Marvel Scale/Competitive/Cute Charm --> Magic Guard
Stats: 95/60/79/100/125/81 --> 95/70(+10)/109(+30)/130(+30)/155(+30)/81
New Moves: +Sludge Wave (added for irony and for screwing over Azumarill)
Instead of making it the obvious Water/Fairy, I decided to give Milotic the Gyarados treatment and make it Dragon instead. Milotic and Feebas are already in the Dragon egg group and already learn all the Dragon moves they need. Magic Guard can be used in conjunction with Marvel Scale, allowing Milotic to bluff the normal form in some situations (though that lack of Leftovers would probably give it away). The stats mirror those of Mega Gyarados and Sludge Wave, while normally seen on Poison types and Water types that are either associated with swamps or darkish ones like Crawdaunt, Clawitzer, Jellicent and Volcanion, Milotic gets it as a form of irony for it being a beautiful, pure Pokemon and because it had nothing else to hit Azumarill with other than Toxic or a Hidden Power.

So, PM nightsitter your top 3 and junk

Current Slate

Milotic
Water -> Water/Dragon
Marvel Scale/Competitive/Cute Charm -> Technician
New Moves

HP 95-> HP 95
Atk 60-> 70 (+10)
Def 79-> 109 (+30)
SpA 100-> 130 (+30)
SpD 125-> 155 (+20)
Spe 81-> 81 (+0)

Flavor Concept: Same stat changes to Gyarados. The ability boosts Dragon Breath and Water Pulse, so I think it could Paralyze and Confuse the opponent.

Mega Milotic
Abilities: Marvel Scale/Competitive/Cute Charm-> Marvel Scale

Atk: 60 -> 60 (+0)
SpA: 100 -> 120 (+20)
SpD: 125 -> 160 (+35)
Spe: 81 -> 95 (+14)

Mega Milotic gets the coveted water/fairy typing it wished it got this Gen! However the acquisition of this typing is purely for defensive purposes as it has no fairy stab attacks. The spread allows it to either be extremely bulky specially with recover, or be bulky on both sides (as well as status immune) with a rest talk set. I avoided giving it any stab move for its new fairy typing because if it runs a monoattacking set having a stab with no immunities would make it potentially very powerful.

Milotic (Miloticite)

Water -> Water/Dragon
Marvel Scale/Competitive/Cute Charm -> Grit Power(See OP for details) Though I'd love to make a new ability name with the same effect.(Mystic Scale?)
New Moves: None

HP 95-> HP 95
Atk 60-> 70(+10)
Def 79-> 109(+30)
SpA 100-> 135 (+35)
SpD 125-> 130(+5)
Spe 81-> 101(+20)

Flavor Concept: Milotic becomes a dragon type like it always was meant to be. It learns Dragon Pulse,twister, dragon tail...like charizard screams secondary dragon typing lol It's body becomes more adaptable and nimble, so it gains more speed.

Competitive concept:While Fiary typing is the more popular choice, I wanted a more offensive milotic but with great bulk to be a tank. Dragon +Water is still a great defensive typing being only weak to dragon and fairy. Also I wanted to keep it's title as the status absorber for what it is most famous for. Again I like to change the name of the ability Grit Power specifically for milotic called Mystic Scale. Grit Power still works but if we can that'd be great! Shell Armour and Battle Armour are the same. :p

Mega Milotic
Water -> Water/ Fairy
Marvel Scale/Competitive/Cute Charm-> Magic Bounce
New Moves: Moonblast
Hp: 95 -> 95
Atk: 60 -> 60 (0)
Def: 79 -> 114 (+35)
SpA: 100 -> 125 (+25)
SpD: 125 -> 135 (+10)
Spd: 81 -> 111(+30)

Mega Milotic
Typing: Water -> Water/Dragon
Abilities: Competitive/Marvel Scale (Cute Charm) -> Sorcery (All attacking moves by this pokemon heal the user by 25%, in addition to its other effects)
Movepool Additions: Draco Meteor, Flash Cannon

SpA: 100 -> 140 (+40)
SpD: 125 -> 115 (-10)
Spe: 81 -> 121 (+40)

Flavor Concept: It is in the dragon egg group, is a very majestic (charismatic) pokemon. I'm a geek, and if you are one too you should understand the ability by reading this. Flash cannon because it already has iron head/tail.

Competitive Concept: Now every move can heal this pokemon, making it a good tank. It has good defenses and hp, as well as quite good spA and ok speed. Flash cannon to deal with fairies, scald to heal yourself and burn the opponent, hydro pump to hit hard and heal more, draco meteor to be an absolute nuke that can heal up, ice beam for more coverage, and dragon pulse to stay in. The hardest part is making this pokemon, and deciding whether it should be a nuke or a long lasting tank.

Mega Milotic
Typing: Water -> Water/Fairy
Abilities: Competitive/Marvel Scale (Cute Charm) -> Scale Armor (reduces all damage by 20%. This includes moves with set damage like weather, Toxic, Super Fang, Counter, and Seismic Toss. Critical Hits ignore)
Movepool Additions: Moon Blast

SpD: 125 -> 125
Spe: 81 -> 120 (+39)

Concept: Cute and defensive. Reducing all damage by a mere 20% may not seem like much, but it effects EVERYTHING except crits! Toxic, Super Fang, Stealth Rocks... Mega Milon's Secret Castle is in its durability, and it packs a punch too.

If needed, I could reduce this from 20 to 10, anything less and you might as well be ability-less.

Mega Milotic
Typing: Water --> Water/Fairy
Abilities: Marvel Scale/Competitive (Cute Charm) --> Glittering Scales*
*When at 60% or lower, Defense/Special Defense rise by 1.5x (if it heals back to above 60 no longer in effect)
Movepool Additions: Moonblast, Calm Mind
Atk: 60 --> 70 (+10)
Def: 79 -->110 (+31)
SpA: 100 --> 120 (+20)
SpD: 125 --> 140 (+15)
Spe: 81 --> 104 (+23)

Mega-Milotic
Water > Water/Fairy
95 > 95 (+0)
60 > 60 (+0)
79 > 122 (+43)
100 > 123 (+23)
129 > 154 (+25)
81 > 91 (+10)

Mega Milotic
Type: Water --> Water/Dragon
Abilities: Marvel Scale/Competitive/Cute Charm --> Magic Guard
Stats: 95/60/79/100/125/81 --> 95/70(+10)/109(+30)/130(+30)/155(+30)/81
New Moves: +Sludge Wave (added for irony and for screwing over Azumarill)
Instead of making it the obvious Water/Fairy, I decided to give Milotic the Gyarados treatment and make it Dragon instead. Milotic and Feebas are already in the Dragon egg group and already learn all the Dragon moves they need. Magic Guard can be used in conjunction with Marvel Scale, allowing Milotic to bluff the normal form in some situations (though that lack of Leftovers would probably give it away). The stats mirror those of Mega Gyarados and Sludge Wave, while normally seen on Poison types and Water types that are either associated with swamps or darkish ones like Crawdaunt, Clawitzer, Jellicent and Volcanion, Milotic gets it as a form of irony for it being a beautiful, pure Pokemon and because it had nothing else to hit Azumarill with other than Toxic or a Hidden Power.

Minun
Electric -> Electric/Dark
Minus/Volt Absorb -> Prankster
New Moves: Slack-Off, Memento, Follow Me (All egg moves)

HP 60-> HP 60
Atk 40-> 40 (+0)
Def 50-> 70 (+20)
SpA 75-> 95 (+20)
SpD 85-> 125 (+40)
Spe 95-> 115 (+20)

Competitive Concept: Well, I'm not good at explaining competitive concept, I only think it could be a good Prankster user, and that's all.

Mega Minun
Abilities: Minus (Volt Absorb) -> Electrifying Aura (When user is hit with a non-supereffective attack, the attack's type is changed to Electric before the hit)

SpA: 75 -> 105 (+30)

Mega Minun
Ability: Plus/Volt Absorb -> Twin Team (uses every move, including non-attacking moves, twice; power of second attacking move has power reduced by 50%, like Parental Bond)
New Moves: None (again, though, Magnetic Flux would be great)

Atk: 40 -> 40 (+0)
Def: 50 -> 85 (+35)
SpD: 85 -> 120 (+35)

Flavor Concept (both): Mega Plusle is joined by a Minun. Mega Minun is joined by a Plusle. Either way, we end up with both on the field; the only visual distinction between Mega Plusle and Mega Minun is that the original pokemon is on the right in the frontsprite (and thus on the left in the backsprite).

Competitive Concept (both): Considering Plusle and Minun were built to showcase the then-new Doubles meta (much like Pichu is to Gen II's baby pokemon and Dedenne is to Gen VI's Fairy type), GF would likely retain their formerly signature abilities to make them better in that meta, much like they've done with Audino. Still, we can have our fun here in imaginationland, and transform each of these halves into a deadly whole every time we send them out. With Plusle and Minun both on the field, things get dangerous fast.

As we've seen with Mega Kanga, Parental Bond is a magnificent ability. Plusle and Minun fall short of Kanga's offensive and defensive stats, and can hardly match her outstanding movepool, but their new Twin Team ability not only doubles attacks in the same way, but doubles non-attacking moves. Remember how Mega Kangaskhan devastated opponents with Power-Up Punch, getting a free swords dance with an attack? Well, don't look now, but Plusle and Minun get Nasty Plot and Agility, boosting their stats to horrifying heights in no time. Not to mention Charge Beam, a less reliable but more powerful Power-Up Punch that can still potentially give a free Nasty Plot boost.

What's the difference between the two? Well, Minun is probably better, as its superior bulk (and access to a crippling double-Charm) are probably more useful than Plusle's slightly higher Special Attack, given their Simple-like boosting prowess. Still, it's worth noting that Plusle's Lightning Rod can afford it a free Special Attack buff pre-Mega, unlike Minun's Volt Absorb, so if you're feeling crafty or just really like offense even if it risks dying before attacking, Plusle is still a viable choice.

Now, what's keeping Mega Plusle and Mega Minun from the banhammer? Most obviously, even if their bulk and speed have been improved to better-than-shit levels, this meta is saturated with heavy hitters and speed demons; you're far more likely to come across a faster opponent than in any standard tier. More damning, though, is the duo's non-existant coverage: Grass Knot, Signal Beam, and Hidden Power are basically it. Still, with Nasty Plot, Agility, and Charge Beam working overtime (as well as, oh boy, access to Baton Pass), these opposites are looking very attractive.

Mega Plusle
Abilities: Plus/Lightning Rod -> Inspiration (Pokemon coming in receives +2 to its higher attacking stat [defaults to Special Attack if tied])

Def: 40 -> 55 (+15)
SpD: 75 -> 95 (+20)

Even in singles, Mega Plusle is all about being positive and supporting its teammates. Get in, get out and effectively Baton Pass a Swords Dance or Nasty Plot without taking a turn or moveslot. If an un-Tauntable boost with priority for a teammate seems excessive, just remember that this thing has to stay in for a turn and Mega Evolve without fainting or getting phazed/set up on before it can start helping its teammates. Note that the Inspiration boost occurs independently of Baton Pass; Using Nasty Plot, then Baton Pass would give an incoming special attacker +4 SpA, but using Nasty Plot followed by switching/Volt Switching only gives +2.

Mega Plusle
New Moves: Recover, Fiery Dance

Atk: 50 -> 90 (+40)
Def: 40 -> 60 (+20)

Flavor Concept: Plusle works better with a Partner, hence Parental Bond! Fire type because it goes into overdrive upon MEvo, and Fiery Dance is for STAB. It gets Recover because it can generate health with electricity.

Competitive Concept: Vicious attacker that, while easily revenged, can deal massive damage from the special side. Discharge/Fiery Dance/HP Ice/Boosting Move should probably comprise most move sets.

Mega Plusle
Abilities: Plus (Lightning Rod) -> Positive Wishes (Raises teams spA and Atk by 1.2x; based on victory star)

Def: 40 -> 50 (+10)
Spe: 95 -> 135 (+40)

Competitive Concept: I herd you like support pokemon? This thing makes HO teams OP, at the cost of only having 5 of them be really good. This thing has heal bell if you mons get statused, wish for if they need a little bit more healing, and an ability that raises spA and Atk by 1.2x on all pokemon in the team. Quite strong if used correctly. Mega alakazam can be up to 493 spA, and this ability multiplies it by 1.2x. It now has 591.6 spA. Now, this isn't possible because you can only have one mega, but this is just an example.

Plusle
Typing: Electric -> Electric/Fire
Abilities: Plus (Lightning Rod) -> Burning Hands (fire type refrigerate)
Movepool Additions: Hyper Voice, Will-o-wisp

Def: 40 -> 65 (+25)
SpA: 85 -> 120 (+35)
SpD: 75 -> 100 (+25)

Mega-Plusle
60 > 60 (+0)
50 > 50 (+0)
40 > 70 (+30)
85 > 135 (+50)
75 > 70 (-5)
95 > 120 (+25)

Movepool Additions:
Eerie Impulse, Flamethrower, Tail Glow.

Plusle
Electric -> Electric/Fairy
Plus/Volt Absorb -> Simple
New Moves: Dazzling Gleam, Moonblast (one TM and one egg move)

HP 60 -> HP 60
Atk 50-> 70 (+20)
Def 40-> 40 (+0)
SpA 85-> 125 (+40)
SpD 75-> 95 (+20)
Spe 95-> 115 (+20)

Competitive Concept: I think it would be good this way. It has the same statistic changes as Minun but inverted between Attacks and Defences

Mega Plusle
Abilities: Minus (Volt Absorb) -> Generate (Normal moves get boosted in power by 30%, and transform to Electric type)

Atk: 50 -> 70 (+20)
Def: 40 -> 40
SpD: 75 -> 105 (+30)

Mega Plusle
Ability: Plus/Lightning Rod-> Twin Team (uses every move, including non-attacking moves, twice; power of second attacking move has power reduced by 50%, like Parental Bond)
New Moves: None (Magnetic Flux fits flavor perfectly and I have no idea why they don't get it, but it's basically useless competitively)

Atk: 50 -> 50 (+0)
Def: 40 -> 75 (+35)
SpA: 85 -> 95 (+10)
SpD: 75 -> 110 (+35)

Mega Minun
Abilities: Minus/Volt Absorb -> Encouragement (Pokemon coming in receives +2 to its lower defensive stat [defaults to Special Defense if tied])
SpA: 75 -> 90 (+15)

Even in singles, Mega Minun never gives up on its teammates. It doesn't even need to use Baton Pass to give the Pokemon switching in for it the motivation to go and defend its heart out. If an un-Tauntable boost with priority for a teammate seems excessive, just remember that this thing has to stay in for a turn and Mega Evolve without fainting or getting phazed/set up on before it can start helping its teammates. Note that the Encourage boost occurs independently of Baton Pass; Using Nasty Plot, then Baton Pass would give an incoming Chansey +2 Special Attack and +2 Defense, but using Nasty Plot followed by switching/Volt Switching only gives Chansey +2 Defense.

Mega Minun
New Moves: Recover, Lava Plume

Atk: 40 -> 60 (+20)

Flavor Concept: Minun works better with a Partner, hence Parental Bond! Fire type because it goes into overdrive upon MEvo, and Lava Plume is for STAB. It gets Recover because it can generate health with electricity.

Competitive Concept: Status spreader with a solid amount of power to back it up. Mega Minun’s Discharge and Lava Plume each hit with a 51% chance to paralyze/burn the opponent, two important statuses to any team. Recover and a filler move like Volt Switch should probably complete its move set.

Abilities: Minus (Volt Absorb) -> Negative Wishes (Raises team's spD and Def by 1.2x; based on victory star)
Spe: 95 -> 105 (+10)

Competitive Concept: I herd you like support pokemon? This thing makes stall teams OP, at the cost of only having 5 of them be really good. This thing has heal bell if you mons get statused, wish for if they need a little bit more healing, and an ability that raises spD and Def by 1.2x on all pokemon in the team. Quite strong if used correctly. Mega Aggron can be up to 614 defense, and this ability multiplies it by 1.2x. It now has 736.8 Def. Now, this isn't possible because you can only have one mega, but this is just an example.

Minun
Typing: Electric -> Electric/Ice
Abilities: Minus (Volt Absorb) -> Refrigerate
Movepool Additions: Hyper Voice, Freeze Dry
Def: 50 -> 75 (+25)
SpA: 75 -> 110 (+35)
SpD: 85 -> 110 (+25)

Mega-Minun
60 > 60 (+0)
40 > 40 (+0)
50 > 90 (+40)
75 > 110(+35)
85 > 90 (+5)
95 > 115 (+20)

Movepool Additions:
Eerie Impulse, Ice Beam, Tail Glow.

Mega Raichu
Abilities: Static/ Lightning Rod -> Lightning Aura (Boosts attack and special attack by 1.5)
New Moves:

Atk: 90 -> 115 (+25)
SpA: 90 -> 115 (+25)
SpD: 80 -> 100 (+20)
Spe: 110 -> 120 (+10)

So basically the concept here is Light Ball 2.0. Raichu, always shoved from the limelight by his bloody younger sibling rises up with a vengeance! Hits like a truck and can go physical or special but isn't too fast and is very frail on the physical side.

Raichu (Raichunite)
New Moves: Ice Punch (also Extremespeed and Fake Out are now egg moves)

Mega Raichu
Abilities: Static/Lightning Rod -> Overcurrent (user's Electric moves have 2x effectiveness against Pokemon normally immune to Electric)
Atk: 90 -> 100 (+10)
SpA: 90 -> 130 (+40)

Mega Raichu has spent a lot of time aiming for the horn as a Pikachu and is now able to overrule the type chart with a well-placed jolt. With HP Ice, BoltBeam coverage is even better than before since Thunderbolt can waste any Ground type that was neutral to Hidden Power. This makes Grass Knot pretty much irrelevant and gives Raichu room to explore Nasty Plot, Encore, Volt Switch or Thunder Wave. It's still frail and has trouble muscling past (non Lightning Rod/Volt Absorb) Electric, Grass and Dragon types, but not too many Pokemon boast the ability to OHKO Excadrill, Quagsire and Talonflame with the same move (nobody's looking at you, Specs Kyurem-W).

Mega Raichu
Typing: Electric -> Electric/Normal
Abilities: Static (Lightning Rod) -> Overestimation (Does 1.4x damage to opponents 1.58m or taller)
Movepool Additions: None
Atk: 90 -> 125 (+35)
Def: 55 -> 55
SpA: 90 -> 125 (+35)
SpD: 80 -> 80

Flavor Concept: "It can loose 100,000-volt bursts of electricity, instantly downing foes several times its size."

Competitive Concept: Most pokemon are larger than 1.58m, making them take a lot of damage from powerful, fast moves. Anything smaller can easily wall raichu though. As well as excadrill and golurk. And any rock/ground type. It gets walled by quite a few things. Normal typing allows for a fairly powerful espeed and fake out, especially against things like mega alakazam. It can run a special move to help against aggron and goodra, or it can run primarily special with espeed for a powerful priority move to use against chansey and other pokemon.

Mega Raichu
Typing: Electric --> Electric/Normal
Abilities: Static (Lightningrod) --> Competitive
Movepool Additions: +Hyper Voice, +Ice Punch
Atk: 90 --> 120 (+30)
Def: 55 --> 60 (+5)
SpA: 90 --> 110 (+20)
SpD: 80 --> 97 (+17)
Spe: 100 --> 128 (+28)

Mega Raichu
Type: Electric --> Electric/Fairy (Just Electric if it proves to be overpowered)
Abilities: Static/Lightningrod --> Pixilate
Stats: 60/90/55/90/80/110 --> 60/120(+30)/75(+20)/120(+30)/80/130(+20)
New Moves: +Hyper Voice (Pikachu level up move), Extremespeed is an egg move for Pichu, Surf is a learnable TM for Pikachu
Pikachu and Raichu were among the few Pokemon in the Fairy egg group not to get a retyping. With this Mega Evolution, Raichu gains the Fairy type and becomes the only Pokemon to have access to Pixilate and Extremespeed. Raichu retains its ability to go mixed with its wide movepool and solid attacking stats and has access to a good speed tier before and after Mega Evolution. Extremespeed doesn't seem too broken on it so far, as it has no way to boost its Attack, and 120 is not too high of an Attack for Mega standards (it needs Knock Off to break through Chansey, for example). And don't worry, Adaptability Mega Dedenne will still have merits over Raichu.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)