Megas For All: V4! (Submissions - Cobalion, Terrakion, Virizion and Keldeo)

Mega Carracosta
Type: Water/Rock
Ability: Simple (You did say 4.5)
New Move: Slack Off, Baton Pass
Stats: 74 HP / 118 Atk (+10) / 143 Def (+10) / 118 SpA (+35) / 100 SpD (+35) / 42 Spe (+10)
Description: Derps up as its brain becomes shell. You gave me a 4.5 limit, so damnit, I'll use it! Even with Smash and Simple, 42 speed is not sweeping speed. You may find yourself passing your boosts to a more sweep worthy Pokemon. Keep in mind, said boosts include -2 defenses so priority will ream your buttocks!
Cool! It was actually smart giving it Simple. But I don't think this will be OU fam, let's talk a bit about this submission:

1) The Speed
42 speed is not sweeping speed.
Jolly base 42 hits 201 Speed, which at +4 is 603, that is more than even Scarf Koko! The only viable option to outrun it are Seed Hawlucha and Sand Rush Drill. Yes, priorty can be used but it's not always an option to Balance and other fatter builds.

2) The Power
Well, here's the thing, base 118 is actually a hell of a lot at +4! Here are some calcs:
+4 252 SpA Carracosta Ice Beam vs. 252 HP / 208+ SpD Ferrothorn: 184-217 (52.2 - 61.6%) -- 97.7% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
+4 252 SpA Carracosta Hydro Pump vs. 200 HP / 252+ SpD Assault Vest Magearna: 220-259 (62.6 - 73.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+4 4 Atk Carracosta Stone Edge vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 493-582 (70.1 - 82.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+4 4 Atk Carracosta Stone Edge vs. 248 HP / 88 Def Venusaur-Mega: 289-342 (79.6 - 94.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+4 252 SpA Carracosta Hydro Pump vs. 252 HP / 124 SpD Celesteela: 441-520 (110.8 - 130.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+4 252 SpA Carracosta Ice Beam vs. 252 HP / 228+ SpD Assault Vest Tangrowth: 408-480 (100.9 - 118.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO

3) Baton Pass
You may find yourself passing your boosts to a more sweep worthy Pokemon.
Baton Pass is banned fren :S

Carracosta-Mega
Ability: Solid Rock/Sturdy/Swift Swim ----> Mold Breaker
Typing:
---->

Stats:

HP: 74 ----> 74 (+0)
Attack: 108 ----> 148 (+40)
Defense: 133 ----> 133 (+0)
Special Attack: 83 ----> 83 (+0)
Special Defense: 65 ----> 85 (+20)
Speed: 32 ----> 72 (+40)
Base Stat Total: 495 ----> 595 (+100)
Movepool Additions: Drain Punch, Mach Punch, Rock Wrecker
Description: I thought it will be a good idea of Fight/Rock type since we haven't had this typing since Terrakion. And think about it a Fighting turtle will be the best thing I'll ever see. Alright now I decided to give it more of a fighting experience so will the more physical attacker because all fighting types are physical right? And Carracosta doesn't get that many fighting type attacks and I feel like it should get some with Drain Punch and Mach Punch and it should get Rock Wrecker for a new rock move. I can just imagine Carracosta getting a bunch of rocks, Putting the rocks together and then throwing them at the opponent.

Torkoal-Mega
Ability: White Smoke/Drought/Shell Armor ----> Corrosion
Typing:
---->

Stats:

HP: 70 ----> 100 (+30)
Attack: 85 ----> 55 (-30)
Defense: 140 ----> 180 (+40)
Special Attack: 85 ----> 125 (+40)
Special Defense: 70 ----> 70 (+0)
Speed: 20 ----> 40 (+20)
Base Stat Total: 470 ----> 570 (+100)
Movepool Additions: Sludge Wave
Description: This just looks like a Fire/Poison type. I mean the smoke coming out if it's little volcano shell thing just looks like poisonous gas. Anyways I decided for Torkoal to take a different turn and make it a Special Attacker instead of a physical attacker since it get's access to more Special Attacking moves then Physical ones and since it knows Sludge Bomb (And now Sludge Wave) That means it's a Special Attack and has STAB to it. And it has an already good Bulk to A Massive Bulk. And it also has a bit more speed to it so it can at least outspeed something.

Torterra-Mega
Ability: Overgrow/Shell Armor ----> Full Metal Body
Typing:
---->

Stats:

HP: 95 ----> 95
Attack: 109 ----> 149 (+40)
Defense: 105 ----> 145 (+40)
Special Attack: 75 ----> 75
Special Defense: 85 ----> 125 (+40)
Speed: 56 ----> 36 (-20)
Base Stat Total: 525 ----> 625 (+100)
Movepool Additions: Gyro Ball,
Description: Massive bulk, Massive attack, Grass/Steel what more can you ask for? I know that it's speed has been lowered but it now get Gyro Ball and with that, it will tear foes apart with STAB Gyro Ball and STAB Wood Hammer and it can also heal itself with synthesis which is very useful and with the exception of that it now get's Full Metal Body which is definitely useful if you are running a Bulky Physical attacker on Mega Torterra and I can definitely see the design going all metal coat with exception of the tree still being in his back and making heavier which will also make Heavy Slam more useful so that you can set up oth Gyro Ball and Heavy Slam at the same time!

Irrelevant to slate, but remove Disguise (and for that matter the other form-changing abilities) from -2 and put them in their proper places, as totem-sized Mimikyu confirms that if these abilities are placed on an alternate version of their respective 'mon, said alternate version gets their own ability-induced form, which should logically include Mega Evolutions.

Carracosta-Mega
Ability: Ancient Armor (User does not have the weaknesses of Rock types)
Code (attempt):
Code:
        onEffectiveness: function (typeMod, target, type, move) {
            if (!this.activeTarget) return;
            if (move && move.effectType === 'Move' && type === 'Rock' && typeMod > 0) {
                this.add('-activate', '', 'ancientarmor');
                return 0;
            }
        },
Typing: Water/Rock

Stats:

HP: 74
Attack: 108 ----> 138 (+30)
Defense: 133 ----> 143 (+10)
Special Attack: 83 ----> 83 (+0)
Special Defense: 65 ----> 95 (+30)
Speed: 32 ----> 62 (+30)
Movepool Additions: Icicle Crash, Slack Off
Description: Carracosta can either be a Shell Smash attacker or a tank, and Mega Carracosta gives a boost to both roles. Ancient Armor and more Special bulk give Mega Carracosta either more opportunities to launch off Shell Smash, or the ability to tank outside of PU. Slack Off helps tank roles as well.

Torkoal-Mega
Ability: Mud Armor: Heals 1/4th health if hit by a Ground move, and 1/8th health at the end of each turn in Sun. (basically just earth rejuvenation with a less clunky name and it works in the weather set by base form)
Typing: Fire/Poison

Stats:

HP: 70
Attack: 85 ----> 85 (+0)
Defense: 140 ----> 160 (+20)
Special Attack: 85 ----> 125 (+40)
Special Defense: 70 ----> 120 (+50)
Speed: 20 ----> 10 (-10)
Base Stat Total: 470 ----> 570 (+100)
Movepool Additions: Recover, Sludge Wave
Description: The old Mega Torkoal was already quite good, but A. Earth Rejuvenation was a really clunky ability name and B. benefiting from sandstorm was dated when Gen 7 made Torkoal set Sun in base form. This is basically an updated version of that, with those issues fixed.

Torterra-Mega
Ability: Evergreen (When hit by an Ice-type move, heals 25% of max HP instead of taking damage. Restores 1/8th health at the end of every turn in Hail.)
Typing: Grass/Ground

Stats:

HP: 95
Attack: 109 ----> 149 (+40)
Defense: 105 ----> 125 (+20)
Special Attack: 75 ----> 75
Special Defense: 85 ----> 125 (+40)
Speed: 56 ----> 56
Base Stat Total: 525 ----> 625 (+100)
Movepool Additions: Slack Off
Description: Old Mega Torkoal? Perfect at the time, but dated slightly by SuMo changes to the base form. Old Mega Carracosta? Not good, but I can see where it was coming from. Old Mega Torterra was a minmaxed mess. New Mega Torterra keeps the Ice immunity, while also keeping base Torterra's role as a tank, and get this - it's a Hail abuser that isn't Ice-type!... granted, so is Mega Empoleon, but shhh.

Edit: shit Mud Armor is supposed to give a Ground immunity not a Fire one

Last edited:
Irrelevant to slate, but remove Disguise (and for that matter the other form-changing abilities) from -2 and put them in their proper places, as totem-sized Mimikyu confirms that if these abilities are placed on an alternate version of their respective 'mon, said alternate version gets their own ability-induced form, which should logically include Mega Evolutions.
Megas are in-battle forms, while I'm pretty certain the Totem Mimikyu is a form outside of battle. The problem here is that a static alternate form (for example, Alolan Marowak) works very differently to an in-battle form (for example, Mega Marowak). I'd imagine that the problem is much clearer if you think of the ability Illusion; A Totem Zoroark could easily be given Illusion as it starts as its Totem form. However, a Mega Zoroark with Illusion would be a problem. If it were disguised as a Pokémon without a Mega Evolution (say Pikachu), if the ability were to persist as you have determined, how would it appear? Surely the ability should persist, but there would be no Mega Pikachu to display for the purpose of continuing the ability. Also the ability Disguise is coded by default to only work for Mimikyu and Totem Mimikyu with no exceptions, and this Pet Mod doesn't change pre-existing abilities. In theory yes, you could create some convoluted clone, but that wouldn't exactly suit a Mega Mimikyu.

Another problem with this is whether the state of the Disguise would transfer, and if so how? If Mimikyu's Disguise was still intact before Mega Evolution, then it would become its Mega with Disguise also intact. If we were to apply the same coding, however, Mimikyu with broken Disguise would also become its Mega with Disguise intact as they are the same base species. There'd also be the problem that the Mega would have two forms overall (the Disguise ability requires this) and only one form could be recognised by the code as a Mega Evolution. The only solution would be to separate Mimikyu's two forms into separate Pokémon entirely with separate Mega Evolutions that can somehow become one another, which creates a whole other set of problems.

Sorry for rambling lol

Carracosta-Mega
Typing: View attachment 91364 View attachment 91363
Ability: Solid Rock / Sturdy / Swift Swim -> Tough Claws

HP: 74 ----> 74 (+0)
Attack: 108 ----> 148 (+40)
Defense: 133 ----> 153 (+20)
Special Attack: 83 ----> 88 (+5)
Special Defense: 65 ----> 90 (+45)
Speed: 32 ----> 22 (-10)

Movepool Additions: Outrage, Dragon Claw, Dragon Dance, Dragon Rush, Dual Chop, Ice Fang, Fire Fang, Psychic Fangs, Ingrain, Brick Break, Magnitude, Heavy Slam, Haze, Mist, Nature Power, Perish Song.

Description: Carracosta, like many other fossil pokemon, looks like it may have once been a dragon type, so I went from there. I decided to make Carracosta a physical attacker, due to the design I had in mind. The movepool was an interesting, as it had to include the physical characteristics of the Liopleurodon, while also that of Lapras, as the mega is the ancestor to Lapras, as well as Carracosta. The Dragon type moves were given to Carracosta to give it good STAB options, the Fang Moves were added to mirror the characteristic's of the Liopleurodon's facial features, as well to attempt to use Carracosta's underrused jaw. Ingrain was added as a unique option, as the creature was notably depicted as burrowing itself in the ground. Heavy Slam, Brick Break and Magnitude were added to make use of Carracosta's "arms".
We generally limit new moves to 2-4. You must keep in mind that the base form learns the new moves too, and you should really be thinking about flavor. It makes zero sense for non-Mega Carracosta to learn Dragon Claw, Dragon Rush, Ingrain, Magnet Rise or Perish Song. Please cut down on the amount of moves you've given your Carracosta.

Mega Carracosta
Ability:
Sheer Force
Typing: Water/Rock
HP: 74 (+0)
Attack: 138 (+30)
Defense: 158 (+25)
Special Attack: 93 (+10)
Special Defense: 100 (+35)
Speed: 32 (+0)
Description: Mega Carracosta posses titanic bulk, easing its setup. Once it's set up a Shell Smash, it uses its Sheer Force-boosted STABs to be a powerful balance breaker. Its downfall is its poor speed, which leaves it unable to outspeed anything faster than Serperior.

Mega Torterra
Typing:
Grass/Rock
Stats:
HP
ATK 109 (+31)=> 140
DEF 105 (+10)=> 115
SPA 75 (+60)=> 135
SPD 85 (+15)=> 100
SPE 56 (-16)=> 40
BST 525 (+100)=>625
Ability: Rock Head
New Moves: Head Smash, Shell Smash, Flash Cannon
Weight: 510.0 kg

Torkoal - Ludi, Exploudit
Torterra - Ema Skye, Exploudit
Carrascosa - Dramps, Origin0
Mega Torterra

Ability -
Overgrow | Shell Armor
Rugged Shield - Pokemon making contact with this Pokemon lose 1/8 of their max HP. This pokemon also takes 1/2 damage from Fighting & Steel type moves
HP - 95
Atk - 109
129 (+20)
Def - 105
135 (+30)
SpA - 75
85 (+10)
SpD - 85
125 (+40)
Spe - 56
BST - 525
625 (+100)

Mega Stone
Torterrite
Movepool
Spiky Shield
Competitive Analysis
More of a tanky mon, Mega Torterra is able to take damage really well. With only 2 weaknesses, it's a real pain to take down. It can also pack Rock Polish for a nice speed, Wood Hammer for serious damage, Stone Edge for more serious damage and Stealth Rocks for, well, Stealth Rocks.
Tfw they steal your precious format and don't even credit you :(

R.I.P. Ludicrousity's Torkoal (2016 - 2017)

Sorry for my Torkoal taking your spot fren, I really thought they'd be brothers... Anyways, here are my subs.

Mega Cobalion

Ability -
Justified
Cobalt Sword - Boosts the power of Sword-based moves, Steel-type moves, and Defense of the user and it's allys by 1.1x each. (Victory Star + Steelworker + Mega Launcher variant)
HP - 91
Atk - 90
129 (+39)
Def - 129
172 (+43)
SpA - 90
54 (-36)
SpD - 72
90 (+18)
Spe - 108
144 (+36)
BST - 580
680 (+100)

Mega Stone
Cobalionite
Movepool Additions
Milk Drink, Spikes
Rationale
Cobalt Sword reflects Cobalion's name. Milk Drink is because Cobalion is a goat and it needs recovery (Before you say anything keep in mind Male Gogoats are also able to get the move). Spikes is Spikes, and kind of fits with flavor too.
Competitive Analysis
Fast, Bulky, and Hazardous. Mega Cobalion is a preimeier hazard setter thanks to it's access to double hazards, outstanding bulk, realiable recovery, and a stellar Speed tier. Still, Special Attacks do hurt, quite a lot actually.
Cobalion @ Cobalionite
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Milk Drink

OO: Sacred Sword, Swords Dance Offensive, Volt Switch

Mega Terrakion

Ability -
Justified
Terra Sword - Boosts the power of Sword-based moves, Rock-type moves, and Attack of the user and it's allys by 1.1x each. (Victory Star + Steelworker + Mega Launcher variant)
HP - 91
Atk - 129
172 (+43)
Def - 90
129 (+39)
SpA - 72
54 (-18)
SpD - 90
90 (±0)
Spe - 108
144 (+36)
BST - 580
680 (+100)

Mega Stone
Terrakionite
Movepool Additions
High Horsepower, Knock Off
Rationale
Terra Sword is named after Terra which relates to Terrakion's name. High Horsepower is given to Terrakion because it really should learn the move. Knock Off is broken fits with Terrakion.
Competitive Analysis
This monster hits really hard, it's ability boosts the power of Stone Edge and Close Combat to menacing levels and thanks to it's already stellar STAB coverage, it doesn't really need much more coverage. The combination of Swords Dance and Rock Polish allows it to be a threat to Balance and Offense respectively. The added Speed allows a better matchup against opposing offensive Pokémon and the defense buff gives it plenty of set up oppoertunities. Still, it's typing is, defensively, one of the worst in the game giving it little room to set up.
Terrakion @ Terrakionite
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly / Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance
- Rock Polish

OO: Knock Off, Poison Jab, Earthquake

Mega Virizion

Ability -
Justified
Viridian Sword - Boosts the power of Sword-based moves, Grass-type moves, and Special Defense of the user and it's allys by 1.1x each. (Victory Star + Steelworker + Mega Launcher variant)
HP - 91
Atk - 90
129 (+39)
Def - 72
90 (+18)
SpA - 90
54 (-36)
SpD - 129
172 (+43)
Spe - 108
144 (+36)
BST - 580
680 (+100)

Mega Stone
Virizionite
Movepool Additions
Aromatherapy, Strenght Sap
Rationale
Virizion's name origin is clearly connected to Viridian, which names it's ability. Aromatherapy is pretty understandable for Virizion due to it's association with the flora and the nature. Strenght Sap may not be as flavorful as the other moves, but Virizion really needs something to make it stand out competitively, it also reflects Virizion's competitive and deceptive nature.
Competitive Analysis
With sky high Special Defense, a useful Speed tier, and one of the best moves in the game in the form of Strenght Sap, Mega Virizion stands out as a fast wall, akin to Mega Latias. Defog also gives it some decent support capabilities, while Swords Dance gives it much more offensive presence. Still, it's typing is rather poor, and despite being the best Ash-Greninja set, it doesn't acomplish too much with the many weaknesses it has.
Virizion @ Virizionite
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Sacred Sword
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance / Leaf Blade
- Strenght Sap

OO: Offensive with Leaf Blade over Streght Sap, Aromatherapy.

Mega Keldeo

Ability -
Justified
Loch Sword - Boosts the power of Sword-based moves, Water-type moves, and Special Attack of the user and it's allys by 1.1x each. (Victory Star + Steelworker + Mega Launcher variant)
HP - 91
Atk - 72
54 (-18)
Def - 90
90 (±0)
SpA - 129
172 (+43)
SpD - 90
129 (+39)
Spe - 108
144 (+36)
BST - 580
680 (+100)

Mega Stone
Keldeonite
Movepool Additions
Extrasensory, Ice Beam
Rationale
As Keldeo is based on a Water Kelpie, which is a mythical creature from Scotland's lochs, that should explain the ability. Extrasensory reflects Keldeo more special oriented nature in comparison to it's comrades. Ice Beam is in all honesty really self-explaning, 90% of the Water-types in the game get it, so I see no reason as to why Keldeo can't.
Competitive Analysis
Mega Keldeo's ability also provides a 1.21x boost to Scald, Hydro Pump, and Secret Sword and coverage options like Ice Beam and Extrasensory get a 1.1x boost. Overall it is now a much more reliable Calm Mind sweeper, as the added Special Defense and Extrasensory allows it to overcome Toxapex with ease. Keldeo's matchup against Offense is also vastly improved as the base 144 Speed allows it to safely outspeed the likes of Tapu Koko, Ash-Greninja, and Mega Primeape. However, Keldeo can be taken advantage by top tier faster attackers such as Mega Vikavolt, Mega Swellow.
Keldeo @ Keldeonite
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald / Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Extrasensory
- Calm Mind

OO: Ice Beam over either Extrasensory or Calm Mind. Taunt over Extrasensory. Modest to get a 90% chance to 2HKO Toxapex instead of a 10%.

Last edited:

Sorry for my Torkoal taking your spot fren, I really thought they'd be brothers... Anyways, here are my subs.

Mega Cobalion

Ability -
Justified
Cobalt Sword - Boosts the power of Sword-based moves, Steel-type moves, and Defense of the user and it's allys by 1.1x each. (Victory Star + Steelworker + Mega Launcher variant)
HP - 91
Atk - 90
129 (+39)
Def - 129
172 (+43)
SpA - 90
54 (-36)
SpD - 72
90 (+18)
Spe - 108
144 (+36)
BST - 580
680 (+100)

Mega Stone
Cobalionite
Movepool Additions
High Horspower, Milk Drink, Meteor Mash, Spikes
Rationale
Cobalt Sword reflects Cobalion's name. High Horsepower is given to the quartet because, well, they are horses aren't they? Milk Drink is because Cobalion is a goat and it needs recovery (Before you say anything keep in mind Male Gogoats are also able to get the move). Meteor Mash is given cuz' it's a really nice STAB move and it fits flavorly. Spikes is Spikes, and kind of fits with flavor too.
Competitive Analysis
Fast, Bulky, and Hazardous. Mega Cobalion is a preimeier hazard setter thanks to it's access to double hazards, outstanding bulk, realiable recovery, and a stellar Speed tier. Still, Special Attacks do hurt, quite a lot actually.
Cobalion @ Cobalionite
Jolly Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Milk Drink

Mega Terrakion

Ability -
Justified
Terra Sword - Boosts the power of Sword-based moves, Rock-type moves, and Attack of the user and it's allys by 1.1x each. (Victory Star + Steelworker + Mega Launcher variant)
HP - 91
Atk - 129
172 (+43)
Def - 90
129 (+39)
SpA - 72
54 (-18)
SpD - 90
90 (±0)
Spe - 108
144 (+36)
BST - 580
680 (+100)

Mega Stone
Terrakionite
Movepool Additions
Bulk Up, High Horsepower, Knock Off, Sharpen
Rationale
Terra Sword is named after Terra which relates to Terrakion's name. Bulk Up should be on it's moveset already but it isn't. High Horsepower is given to the quartet because, well, they are horses aren't they? Knock Off is broken fits with Terrakion. Sharpen is for meme sets and overall a flavorful addition.
Competitive Analysis
This monster hits really hard, it's ability boosts the power of Stone Edge and Close Combat to menacing levels and thanks to it's already stellar STAB coverage, it doesn't really need much more coverage. The combination of Swords Dance and Rock Polish allows it to be a threat to Balance and Offense respectively. The added Speed allows a better matchup against opposing offensive Pokémon and the defense buff gives it plenty of set up oppoertunities. Still, it's typing is, defensively, one of the worst in the game giving it little room to set up.
Terrakion @ Terrakionite
Jolly / Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance
- Rock Polish

Mega Virizion

Ability -
Justified
Viridian Sword - Boosts the power of Sword-based moves, Grass-type moves, and Special Defense of the user and it's allys by 1.1x each. (Victory Star + Steelworker + Mega Launcher variant)
HP - 91
Atk - 90
129 (+39)
Def - 72
90 (+18)
SpA - 90
54 (-36)
SpD - 129
172 (+43)
Spe - 108
144 (+36)
BST - 580
680 (+100)

Mega Stone
Virizionite
Movepool Additions
Aromatherapy, Defog, High Horsepower, Strenght Sap
Rationale
Virizion's name origin is clearly connected to Viridian, which names it's ability. Aromatherapy is pretty understandable for Virizion due to it's association with the flora and the nature. Defog comes from Virizion's relationship with foggy forests, reflecting Virizion's ability to influence fog (before you complain just keep in mind that Klefki and Florges got it too). High Horsepower is given to the quartet because, well, they are horses aren't they? Strenght Sap may not be as flavorful as the other moves, but Virizion really needs something to make it stand out competitively, it also reflects Virizion's competitive and deceptive nature.
Competitive Analysis
With sky high Special Defense, a useful Speed tier, and one of the best moves in the game in the form of Strenght Sap, Mega Virizion stands out as a fast wall, akin to Mega Latias. Defog also gives it some decent support capabilities, while Swords Dance gives it much more offensive presence. Still, it's typing is rather poor, and despite being the best Ash-Greninja set, it doesn't acomplish too much with the many weaknesses it has.
Virizion @ Virizionite
Jolly Nature
- Sacred Sword
- Stone Edge
- Strenght Sap

OO: Defog over Swords Dance, Offensive with Leaf Blade over Streght Sap, Aromatherapy.

Mega Keldeo

Ability -
Justified
Loch Sword - Boosts the power of Sword-based moves, Water-type moves, and Special Attack of the user and it's allys by 1.1x each. (Victory Star + Steelworker + Mega Launcher variant)
HP - 91
Atk - 72
54 (-18)
Def - 90
90 (±0)
SpA - 129
172 (+43)
SpD - 90
129 (+39)
Spe - 108
144 (+36)
BST - 580
680 (+100)

Mega Stone
Keldeonite
Movepool Additions
Defog, Extrasensory, Ice Beam, High Horsepower
Rationale
As Keldeo is based on a Water Kelpie, which is a mythical creature from Scotland's lochs, that should explain the ability. Defog comes from Keldeo's inspiration of scottish lochs, which are often misty, giving it the ability to control fog. Extrasensory reflects Keldeo more special oriented nature in comparison to it's comrades. Ice Beam is in all honesty really self-explaning, 90% of the Water-types in the game get it, so I see no reason as to why Keldeo can't. Finally, High Horsepower is given to the quartet because, well, they are horses aren't they?
Competitive Analysis
Mega Keldeo's ability also provides a 1.21x boost to Scald, Hydro Pump, and Secret Sword and coverage options like Ice Beam and Extrasensory get a 1.1x boost. Overall it is now a much more reliable Calm Mind sweeper, as the added Special Defense and Extrasensory allows it to overcome Toxapex with ease. Keldeo's matchup against Offense is also vastly improved as the base 144 Speed allows it to safely outspeed the likes of Tapu Koko, Ash-Greninja, and Mega Primeape. However, Keldeo can be taken advantage by top tier faster attackers such as Mega Vikavolt, Mega Swellow.
Keldeo @ Keldeonite
Timid Nature
- Scald / Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Extrasensory
- Calm Mind

OO: Ice Beam over either Extrasensory or Calm Mind. Taunt over Extrasensory. Modest to get a 90% chance to 2HKO Toxapex instead of a 10%.
Actually, I notified Macey in Discord and requested we get split megas. As I like yours and feel kinda bad :3

Mega Cobalion

Ability -
Justified
HP - 91
Atk - 90
129 (+39)
Def - 129
172 (+43)
SpA - 90
54 (-36)
SpD - 72
90 (+18)
Spe - 108
144 (+36)
BST - 580
680 (+100)

Mega Stone
Cobalionite
Movepool Additions
High Horspower, Milk Drink, Meteor Mash, Spikes
Rationale
Cobalt Sword reflects Cobalion's name. High Horsepower is given to the quartet because, well, they are horses aren't they? Milk Drink is because Cobalion is a goat and it needs recovery (Before you say anything keep in mind Male Gogoats are also able to get the move). Meteor Mash is given cuz' it's a really nice STAB move and it fits flavorly. Spikes is Spikes, and kind of fits with flavor too.
Competitive Analysis
Cobalion @ Cobalionite
Jolly Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Milk Drink

Mega Terrakion

Ability -
Justified
HP - 91
Atk - 129
172 (+43)
Def - 90
129 (+39)
SpA - 72
54 (-18)
SpD - 90
90 (±0)
Spe - 108
144 (+36)
BST - 580
680 (+100)

Mega Stone
Terrakionite
Movepool Additions
Bulk Up, High Horsepower, Knock Off, Sharpen
Rationale
Terra Sword is named after Terra which relates to Terrakion's name. Bulk Up should be on it's moveset already but it isn't. High Horsepower is given to the quartet because, well, they are horses aren't they? Knock Off is broken fits with Terrakion. Sharpen is for meme sets and overall a flavorful addition.
Competitive Analysis
Terrakion @ Terrakionite
Jolly / Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance
- Rock Polish

Mega Virizion

Ability -
Justified
HP - 91
Atk - 90
129 (+39)
Def - 72
90 (+18)
SpA - 90
54 (-36)
SpD - 129
172 (+43)
Spe - 108
144 (+36)
BST - 580
680 (+100)

Mega Stone
Virizionite
Movepool Additions
Aromatherapy, Defog, High Horsepower, Strenght Sap
Rationale
Virizion's name origin is clearly connected to Viridian, which names it's ability. Aromatherapy is pretty understandable for Virizion due to it's association with the flora and the nature. Defog comes from Virizion's relationship with foggy forests, reflecting Virizion's ability to influence fog (before you complain just keep in mind that Klefki and Florges got it too). High Horsepower is given to the quartet because, well, they are horses aren't they? Strenght Sap may not be as flavorful as the other moves, but Virizion really needs something to make it stand out competitively, it also reflects Virizion's competitive and deceptive nature.
Competitive Analysis
Virizion @ Virizionite
Jolly Nature
- Sacred Sword
- Stone Edge
- Strenght Sap

OO: Defog over Swords Dance, Offensive with Leaf Blade over Streght Sap, Aromatherapy.

Mega Keldeo

Ability -
Justified
HP - 91
Atk - 72
54 (-18)
Def - 90
90 (±0)
SpA - 129
172 (+43)
SpD - 90
129 (+39)
Spe - 108
144 (+36)
BST - 580
680 (+100)

Mega Stone
Keldeonite
Movepool Additions
Defog, Extrasensory, Ice Beam, High Horsepower
Rationale
As Keldeo is based on a Water Kelpie, which is a mythical creature from Scotland's lochs, that should explain the ability. Defog comes from Keldeo's inspiration of scottish lochs, which are often misty, giving it the ability to control fog. Extrasensory reflects Keldeo more special oriented nature in comparison to it's comrades. Ice Beam is in all honesty really self-explaning, 90% of the Water-types in the game get it, so I see no reason as to why Keldeo can't. Finally, High Horsepower is given to the quartet because, well, they are horses aren't they?
Competitive Analysis
Keldeo @ Keldeonite
Timid Nature
- Scald / Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Extrasensory
- Calm Mind

Ey dude, MaceMaster said in the OP that you can only have a maximum of 2 new moves for each.

and yes, my post is comin soon

Type: Steel/Fighting
Stats: 91/100/169/100/92/128 (±0/+10/+40/+10/+20/+20) [BST: 680] [HEIGHT: 2.1m/6'11"] [WEIGHT: 250.0kg/551.2lb]
Ability: Blade of Iron (Renamed Steelworker)
Added Moves: Charge Beam
Description: A mon with good stats all around. 91/169/92 bulk is great, with 128 Speed backed up by Base 100 offenses to boot. And Charge Beam kinda patches up a rough spot in its oh-so-lacking Special movepool. Did I forget to mention that its Steel STABs are gonna hurt A LOT now?
Example Movesets:
Cobalion @ Cobalinite
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Iron Head
- Substitute
One of Base!Cobalion's old sets, now adapting to work for Mega Cobalion. Swords Dance lets it get hefty Attack bonuses, and then you hit with Close Combat or Iron Head. These STABs will hit equally hard.

Cobalion @ Cobalinite
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Charge Beam
- Flash Cannon
- Volt Switch
- HP Ice / Focus Blast
Charge Beam lets it get major Special Attack boosts while it deals damage. Flash Cannon is a highly lethal STAB, and Volt Switch can be used to bail out if possible. Focus Blast is also STAB, but hits as hard as Flash Cannon and misses 30% of the time, so HP Ice is also up for consideration.

Type: Rock/Fighting
Stats: 91/169/100/92/100/128 (±0/+40/+10/+20/+10/+20) [BST: 680] [HEIGHT: 1.9m/6'03"] [WEIGHT: 260.0kg/537.2lb]
Ability: Blade of Rock (Its Rock-type moves deal x1.5 damage. Steelworker clone.)
Added Moves: N/A
Description: Yeah, it's going to Ubers. 91/100/100 bulk and 128 Speed make it very difficult to revenge kill, and it's packing a higher Attack stat than Ultra Necrozma.
Example Movesets:
Terrakion @ Terrakinite
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Stone Edge
- Close Combat
- Earthquake / Quick Attack
Set up your SDs, and then wreak havoc with Stone Edge! Remember, Blade of Stone's powering that move up... Close Combat is a secondary STAB. EQ can be used for EdgeQuake, or you can use Quick Attack. Whichever works.

Type: Grass/Fighting
Stats: 91/100/92/100/169/128 (±0/+10/+20/+10/+40/+20) [BST: 680] [HEIGHT: 2.0m/6'07"] [WEIGHT: 200.0kg/440.1lb]
Ability: Blade of Grass (Its Grass-type moves deal x1.5 damage. Steelworker clone.)
Description: I think we can all agree that its Special Defense stat is... Crazy high. 91/169 Special Bulk means it can take a Flamethrower when need be. And while neither its STAB coverage nor its movepool is the best... It has Base 100 on both Attacking stats and Blade of Flora to power up Leaf Blade or Giga Drain, whichever you fancy.
Example Movesets:
Virizion @ Virizinite
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Leaf Blade
- Zen Headbutt / Stone Edge
A Swords Dance set. Close Combat and Leaf Blade are its STAB options. While Zen Headbutt covers the Poison-types that resist both, Stone Edge can also handle Bug- and Flying-types.

Type: Water/Fighting
Stats: 91/92/100/169/100/128 (±0/+20/+10/+40/+10/+20) [BST: 680] [HEIGHT: 1.4m/4'07"] [WEIGHT: 48.5kg/106.9lb]
Ability: Blade of Water (Its Water-type moves deal x1.5 damage. Steelworker clone.)
Description: Again, like Terrakion, it's Ubers material, though I believe a Suspect Test is necessary first. That Special Attack is in the same leagues as White Kyurem and Mega Gardevoir. And considering it gets that boost to Water-type moves...
Example Movesets:
Keldeo @ Keldeonite
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Icy Wind
- Hidden Power Electric
Scald and Secret Sword are STABs, and the former is gonna do boatloads of damage. Icy Wind is coverage, and HP Electric complements it well to make a BoltBeam of sorts.

Last edited: