Metagame Workshop

Status
Not open for further replies.

AquaticPanic

Intentional Femboy Penguin
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributor
Community Leader
Remember Technician is banned. Also, I have now banned Belly Drum
My point wasn't really technician, just that Scizor is one of many that end up having really strong priority moves, with little to no consequences. A 80 base-power move with priority comming off a +2 Scizor is scarry. And that is, if you're not satidfied, you can go on and makethat a 120 with another Swords Dance

Intimidate sounds like a good ability in this meta, now tht you think about it. And so do Competitive and Defiant.

I didn't ban Cloyster and Azumarill, I banned Shell Smash and Belly Drum. I hope that should be enough because I don't want to ban the mons themselves, just their OP boostng moves. And I'll make it so that Priority and Multi-Hit moves don't get the boost.
But now Azumarill and Cloyster are nearly useless anyway and might as well have been banned and like 50 other mons have been hurt in the process. Cloyster's best boosting option is now Iron Defense (lol) and none of its useful Sub60 BP moves gain a boost now that priority and multi-hit got nerfed so it doesn't matter anyway, nor can it even run it's main standard OU gimmick, since Shell Smash is banned. Azumarill's boosting options now are Amnesia and Power Up Punch, though aside from Aqua Jet, it has no Sub60 BP physical STAB moves, at all.

Also, blanket banning all moves that boost multiple stats has terrible drawbacks for stuff that only has access to moves like Dragon Dance, or worse, Hone Claws. These mons now lack important moves that may have been one of the only reasons they were useful in the first place, and which grant the same power boost that something like Swords Dance would, or less than something like Tail Glow even.

Just ban the moves because every Shell Smasher will be top threats regardless.
Then let them be top threats. Other than Minior, Cloyster is the fastest Shell Smash user, followed by Barbaracle and Dwebble who have other drawbacks Cloyster doesn't (Dwebble's drawback being that... it's dwebble). Whereas a lot of other Shell Smash users lack priority or still lag in power comparatively.

At the very least, I think it's worth playtesting Shell Smash and Belly Drum themselves, whereas Cloyster/Azu should just leave.

Honestly, banning/nerfing this much stuff before the meta is even playable has made me not want to play it at all. Again, why bother trying to boost up just so I can use a cool move that used to be weak, when the opponent can just kill me by... actually attacking. Meanwhile, unlike in standard, my only option IS to boost because otherwise; all of my moves are weak as shit. That's fine! Except all my boosting moves are also terrible because all of my viable ones have been banned and basically the only things worth running are Swords Dance mons, because Power Up Punch sucks 90% of the time and stuff like Iron Defense/Amnesia aren't offensively viable! Yaaay!!

Right, the most obviously threatening Smasher's aside from Cloyster are Minior and Carracosta, the former of which lacks priority and the latter of which has no choice but to rely on priority as even after Shell Smash it's speed is nothing special.

Like, yeah the users of these moves hit extremely hard if they're able to boost successfully, but they were able to in standard too. That still didn't make them all viable because they have other, more significant drawbacks than damage output. This meta gives them a boost for sure but it hardly makes Shell Smash or BD broken in and of themselves.

AquaticPanic

Intentional Femboy Penguin
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributor
Community Leader
Exactally. If a mon is broken with Shell Smash, then it's not the move that has to go.

Imo all of this is kinda unnecessary - Currently the only things that shouldn't be affected by the boost but still be usable would be Priority (Because it would be stupidly good to jave a 100+ base power move that goes first) and Multi-Hit because of the broken damage output.

My point wasn't really technician, just that Scizor is one of many that end up having really strong priority moves, with little to no consequences. A 80 base-power move with priority comming off a +2 Scizor is scarry. And that is, if you're not satidfied, you can go on and makethat a 120 with another Swords Dance

Intimidate sounds like a good ability in this meta, now tht you think about it. And so do Competitive and Defiant.
No Priority or Multi-Hit move will get the boost, that has been mentioned.

In what way is Cloyster not stupidly broken in this? After a Shell Smash, each hit of Icicle Spear has a ridiculous 145 BP, letting it potentially OHKO even Max HP/Max Defense Heatran after Stealth Rocks damage. Scarf users that might outrun? Turned into putty by a 160 BP Ice Shard. Excadrill in sand? OHKO'd by Ice Shard. Scarf Kartana? OHKO'd by Ice Shard. Max attack technician CHOICE BAND Scizor's Bullet Punch doesn't OHKO Cloyster either, even after the defense drop from Shell Smash, while Icicle Spear OHKO's any possible Scizor variant, even Max Defense Mega Scizor.

Even Mega Slowbro, one of the bulkiest resists to Icicle Spear in the game, is OHKO'd.

Also, why is Kang unbanned and why is Technician banned? Tech would stop working after the moves have accumulated boosts so it's not exactly much better than in standard, whereas Kangaskhan is more broken than ever, since power-up-punch's boosts are even more effective than in the past.

So anyway, while multi-hit moves may prove to be a problem, Cloyster specifically needs to be quickbanned due to the combination of Skill Link, Multi-hit moves and most importantly, a +6 boosting move. Mega-kang probably shouldn't be sticking around either, but it's not quite as pressing.

Anyway, some other scary stuff:

Up to this point Mimikyu required a combination of Shadow Sneak and Shadow Claw to get the job done, as the former simply didn't carry enough power behind it to break through many common threats. Now however, Mimikyu can run Z-Splash to bring Shadow Sneak's power up to a devastating 100BP at +3 Attack, while running having an extra slot in it's moveset for coverage. Near guaranteed set-up opportunities assure that Mimikyu is worth looking out for.

Z-Conversion is straight up absurd, but wait, only 60 BP moves are affected by this meta, so how threatening can it be? Pretty threatening, as Porygon-Z can convert into Electric and proceed to ruin your day with a 150 BP Charge Beam now backed with Adaptability STAB, bringing it's BP to 300 and due to the nature of charge beam, 340 the next turn, 380 the next, so on and so on until your team is dust. Running either scarf or ground types will be essential to taking GonZ out, as it's capable of 2HKOing even Eviolite Chansey after Z-Conversion.
I have already made it so that Priority or Multi-Hit moves do not get the boost. Also Charge Beam has 70BP making it so that it doesn't get boosted.

Last edited by a moderator:
Exactally. If a mon is broken with Shell Smash, then it's not the move that has to go.

Imo all of this is kinda unnecessary - Currently the only things that shouldn't be affected by the boost but still be usable would be Priority (Because it would be stupidly good to jave a 100+ base power move that goes first) and Multi-Hit because of the broken damage output.
Yep, I'e banned those

Well, maybe the move shouldn't be banned right away; but that does not change the fact that those mons will still be top threats. Remember that almost every Shell Smasher is part Rock type which is one of the top offensive typings in Pokemon. But you guys are right, I don't see Magcargo going too far.

Also consider moves like Ancient Power, items like sash, Power Herb, and Berries, and abilities like Tough Claws, Solid Rock, and Weak Armor. But it was late, don't think I really meant to ban them but more so considering every scenario. But yeah it would be better to test them out first and if they become over centralizing then yeah. My bad.

Art by Patrick-Theater
Metagame premise: Players will be able to further any one mon’s potential by increasing each stat based on its nature and team placement.

So let’s say Mew's nature is Serious (neutral), it would receive +10 to every stat resulting in: 110/110/110/110/110/110 stats. If it was Timid(+Speed, -Attack) rather, then it would look something more like: 110/100/110/110/110/120.

For team placement, every slot gives an additional boost. The order would follow directly in line with the base stats. So if Timid Mew is first in the party, then its HP stat becomes 120. If it was the six member on the team, then its speed becomes 130.

Potential bans and threats: Huge + Pure Power, Regenerator

Questions for the community: What about the boosts? Would you prefer OU based or throw some Ubers in? Any other directions to consider trying with this? Like allowing the mon use non-native moves and/or abilities?

Art by WanderPlays BR

Metagame premise: Moves with inaccuracies, along with their secondary effects, will be increased by the difference between 100% and the chance of that move hitting. The point of this meta is to turn up the viability on certain moves like the classic mega kick.

Examples; Focus Blast would go from 120bp to 150bp with a 40% chance of lowering SpDef, though it would retain that 70% accuracy.

Diamond Storm would become 105bp and have a 55% chance to raise the defense, though retaining the 95% accuracy.

Just to be clear, accuracy boosting moves will not lower the bp.

Potential bans and threats: No guard

Questions for the community: Any crazy threats that I didn’t consider yet? Should I add another component? Like should we consider implementing the crit chance to further boost these moves?

Last edited:
Hey this is just a dumb idea I had. I'm not sure if this has been done before but someone can steal it idc I love team building metagames like G&F. Lot more options generally.

Stat Sum

Premise: All Pokemon share the sum of each other's stats, including HP. Whoever drops another team's HP to 0 first wins.

EX: A team with 100, 150, 200, 250, 300, 350 atk respectively with have each mons with 1350 atk.

Ban List & Clauses: Standard OU Banlist & Clause, Huge Power, Pure Power, Belly Drum, Strength Sap, Endeavor, Berry Juice
Potential Bans: Smeargle, Simple, Contrary, Guts, Flare Boost, Eviolite
Potential Clause: Limit Clause, or any stat limits in the actual game is removed. I want massive stat totals compounded by abilities and boosts. These are teams with 2600 atk, 3000 def, and even more HP.

Pokemon with absurdly high stats. These guys pump stats into teams with very little downside as they just sit in the back minding their own business. Some of these, like Hoopa-U, even give teams an advantage as they have an additional attacker.

Pokemon with absurd movepools. Smeargle is the poster child for this issue since it can use almost any move in the game. The only downside is its sub-par stats. This can be seen in other Pokemon as well, as Kecleon as an amazing movepool as well but sub-par stats in comparison to other attackers.

Pokemon with absurd abilities. Some Pokemon like Serperior are balanced by their mediocre stats. However, if they're pumped up with Pokemon like Hoopa and Xurkitree, it could turn into a major threat hitting hard and then hitting harder.

Q&A

Why would I ever switch if everyone has the same stats?
Typing, Movepool, and Abilities still vary between each member. If you're a Magnezone facing a Landorus, then switch.

How would HP manipulation such as recovery work? Wouldn't recovering 50% of a massive HP pool be overpowered?
Yes, it would be. That why that it's proportional of that Pokemon's contribution to the total HP. If you're Pokemon contributes 150 HP of the 700 total HP, then using Recover would heal 75/700 since 150/2=75. Same thing with Leech Seed.

Do stat-boosting moves and items work that way?
No, that would make stat-boosting moves incredibly weak. They work on the total stat. HP is the exception.

How would form changes, mega evolution, etc. work?
They change the total stat in however much they changed. If a form change gives +30 to atk and -30 to spa, then the total atk gets +30 and the total spa gets -30. There's only 1 in-battle form change that manipulates HP as far as I'm aware of and Zygarde-C is banned so I'm not worrying about that.

How would items, abilities, anything that is triggered by HP % work?
They trigger by the % of the total HP. Wishi-Washi won't transform until the total HP gets down to 25% and Super-Situs won't either (but it still only recovers based on the Pokemon that's holding it). Glutton and the such would change it respectively.

Why is Belly Drum banned?
Because it's an edge case. If it played to the standard HP manipulation rules, it would be busted especially on Pokemon with very low HP. If it didn't, then that would be an exception that would not only give anyone who tries to code it a complete headache but would be completely useless in every way. That's why it's just banned b/c nobody would want to deal with it. Curse isn't banned as it cuts your opponent's HP by 25% so it falls under HP manipulation.

Why is Strength Sap banned?
Because it isn't based on a %. It's directly equal to the opponent's attack. These are teams with ridiculous stats with similar numerical values to HP if not a little less. The problem is that HP has a much higher impact in this game.

Why are Endeavor and Berry Juice banned?
FEAR would become extremely strong and the best way of neutralizing FEAR is removing Endeavor and Berry Juice as those are the main things exploited. Thanks to SadisticMystic and Ezaphs for bringing this to my attention!

Last edited:
Of note: FEAR only needs to get rid of one thing in Stat Sum, rather than six. Combined with the ability to switch out to Eject Button Mimikyu in case they mispredict the lead, teams will have to take care to avoid losing to that on matchup alone.

Eve

taking a break
is a Site Content Manageris a Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Community Leader
Hey this is just a dumb idea I had. I'm not sure if this has been done before but someone can steal it idc I love team building metagames like G&F. Lot more options generally.

Stat Sum

Premise: All Pokemon share the sum of each other's stats, including HP. Whoever drops another team's HP to 0 first wins.

EX: A team with 100, 150, 200, 250, 300, 350 atk respectively with have each mons with 1350 atk.

Ban List & Clauses: Standard OU Banlist & Clause, Huge Power, Pure Power, Belly Drum, Strength Sap
Potential Bans: Smeargle, Simple, Contrary, Guts, Flare Boost, Eviolite
Potential Clause: Limit Clause, or any stat limits in the actual game is removed. I want massive stat totals compounded by abilities and boosts. These are teams with 2600 atk, 3000 def, and even more HP.

Pokemon with absurdly high stats. These guys pump stats into teams with very little downside as they just sit in the back minding their own business. Some of these, like Hoopa-U, even give teams an advantage as they have an additional attacker.

Pokemon with absurd movepools. Smeargle is the poster child for this issue since it can use almost any move in the game. The only downside is its sub-par stats. This can be seen in other Pokemon as well, as Kecleon as an amazing movepool as well but sub-par stats in comparison to other attackers.

Pokemon with absurd abilities. Some Pokemon like Serperior are balanced by their mediocre stats. However, if they're pumped up with Pokemon like Hoopa and Xurkitree, it could turn into a major threat hitting hard and then hitting harder.

Q&A

Why would I ever switch if everyone has the same stats?
Typing, Movepool, and Abilities still vary between each member. If you're a Magnezone facing a Landorus, then switch.

How would HP manipulation such as recovery work? Wouldn't recovering 50% of a massive HP pool be overpowered?
Yes, it would be. That why that it's proportional of that Pokemon's contribution to the total HP. If you're Pokemon contributes 150 HP of the 700 total HP, then using Recover would heal 75/700 since 150/2=75. Same thing with Leech Seed.

Do stat-boosting moves and items work that way?
No, that would make stat-boosting moves incredibly weak. They work on the total stat. HP is the exception.

How would form changes, mega evolution, etc. work?
They change the total stat in however much they changed. If a form change gives +30 to atk and -30 to spa, then the total atk gets +30 and the total spa gets -30. There's only 1 in-battle form change that manipulates HP as far as I'm aware of and Zygarde-C is banned so I'm not worrying about that.

How would items, abilities, anything that is triggered by HP % work?
They trigger by the % of the total HP. Wishi-Washi won't transform until the total HP gets down to 25% and Super-Situs won't either (but it still only recovers based on the Pokemon that's holding it). Glutton and the such would change it respectively.

Why is Belly Drum banned?
Because it's an edge case. If it played to the standard HP manipulation rules, it would be busted especially on Pokemon with very low HP. If it didn't, then that would be an exception that would not only give anyone who tries to code it a complete headache but would be completely useless in every way. That's why it's just banned b/c nobody would want to deal with it. Curse isn't banned as it cuts your opponent's HP by 25% so it falls under HP manipulation.

Why is Strength Sap banned?
Because it isn't based on a %. It's directly equal to the opponent's attack. These are teams with ridiculous stats with similar numerical values to HP if not a little less. The problem is that HP has a much higher impact in this game.
Maybe Endeavor should be banned too, for the reason mentioned above

Pain Splitter
Welcome to Pain Splitter, an OM where the move Pain Split is taken to a whole new level! In this OM, the move Pain Split will be used after a Pokemon is hit by a move that is not resisted or immuned by the opposing Pokemon. If you do not know what the move Pain Split does, click me to find out! If you still don't understand, I have a couple of examples to help you out.

Example 1: You have a Chandelure, which is battling against a Leafeon. Chandelure uses Flamethrower, which is boosted by STAB and is super-effective. Naturally, the hit will do a lot of damage, but Leafeon survives because it is holding a Focus Sash. Since Leafeon did not resist the move and wasn't immune to it either, the move Pain Split will be used immediately, even before Leafeon has a chance to move. Supposing Charizard had 261 HP, their HP is shared and each Pokemon has 132 HP. Leafeon uses Knock Off and Chandelure is KO'd since it only had about 50% of it's health left, the damage was boosted because Chandelure had an item, and it was super-effective. Because Chandelure is KO'd, the move Pain Split is not used. It will never be used on a turn when a Pokemon manages to KO another.

Example 2: You have a Medicham-Mega battling against an Electivire. You switch out into Drifblim as the opposing Electivire uses Wild Charge. Drifblim survives using it's huge HP bulk but only by 30 HP. Since the hit wasn't resisted or immuned, Pain Split is used and if this Electivire had 252 EVs in HP and 354 altogether, both Pokemon will have 192 HP. Next turn, Electivire uses Wild Charge again, this time KOing Drifblim so Pain Split doesn't activate. However, Drifblim's ability Aftermath does activate and Electivire loses an additional 89 HP.

Q&A

Q: How many times can the move Pain Split be activated in a single turn?
A: It will activate as many times as a Pokemon is hit by a move that it does not resist or isn't immune to. It will even apply to multi-hit moves, it will apply after every single hit.

Q: Will the Pain Split activate if one Pokemon is behind a Substitute?
A: And the damage/healing it will receive will ignore the Substitute.

Q: What about status moves, do they count as super-effective?
A: No, so even if you use Toxic on a Whimsicott, Pain Split will not activate.

Q: What about moves like Seismic Toss and Night Shade which do the same damage regardless of typing or defenses.
A: Moves like those are counted as neutral, so Pain Split will activate.

Q: Is this playable?
A: Yes, thanks to Urkerab (creater of the ROM [Random Other Metagames] server)

Q: Have you made any other OM's which have been coded?
A: Yes, I have made an OM called Stored Trip which, thanks to Urkerab, is playable on ROM

Link to Pokemon Showdown: play.pokemonshowdown.com
Link to ROM: rom.psim.us
Edit: This is now playable on ROM!

Last edited:
Well, maybe the move shouldn't be banned right away; but that does not change the fact that those mons will still be top threats. Remember that almost every Shell Smasher is part Rock type which is one of the top offensive typings in Pokemon. But you guys are right, I don't see Magcargo going too far.

Also consider moves like Ancient Power, items like sash, Power Herb, and Berries, and abilities like Tough Claws, Solid Rock, and Weak Armor. But it was late, don't think I really meant to ban them but more so considering every scenario. But yeah it would be better to test them out first and if they become over centralizing then yeah. My bad.
Thank you for your advice and opinion, I will definitely take it into consideration.
Have a nice day!

PsyKick Medicham Sounds really cool, but what about starting with just +10? Or lower the damage requirements? Or both? It sounds like a really offensive meta haha

https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/List_of_moves_that_do_damage
I understand what you mean. But this is broke, and I hope you like broke XD.

Last edited by a moderator:

SiTuM

destined for greatness
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Pain Splitter
Welcome to Pain Splitter, an OM where the move Pain Split is taken to a whole new level! In this OM, the move Pain Split will be used after a Pokemon is hit by a move that is not resisted or immuned by the opposing Pokemon. If you do not know what the move Pain Split does, click me to find out! If you still don't understand, I have a couple of examples to help you out.

Example 1: You have a Chandelure, which is battling against a Leafeon. Chandelure uses Flamethrower, which is boosted by STAB and is super-effective. Naturally, the hit will do a lot of damage, but Leafeon survives because it is holding a Focus Sash. Since Leafeon did not resist the move and wasn't immune to it either, the move Pain Split will be used immediately, even before Leafeon has a chance to move. Supposing Charizard had 261 HP, their HP is shared and each Pokemon has 132 HP. Leafeon uses Knock Off and Chandelure is KO'd since it only had about 50% of it's health left, the damage was boosted because Chandelure had an item, and it was super-effective. Because Chandelure is KO'd, the move Pain Split is not used. It will never be used on a turn when a Pokemon manages to KO another.

Example 2: You have a Medicham-Mega battling against an Electivire. You switch out into Drifblim as the opposing Electivire uses Wild Charge. Drifblim survives using it's huge HP bulk but only by 30 HP. Since the hit wasn't resisted or immuned, Pain Split is used and if this Electivire had 252 EVs in HP and 354 altogether, both Pokemon will have 192 HP. Next turn, Electivire uses Wild Charge again, this time KOing Drifblim so Pain Split doesn't activate. However, Drifblim's ability Aftermath does activate and Electivire loses an additional 89 HP.

Q&A

Q: How many times can the move Pain Split be activated in a single turn?
A: It will activate as many times as a Pokemon is hit by a move that it does not resist or isn't immune to. It will even apply to multi-hit moves, it will apply after every single hit.

Q: Will the Pain Split activate if one Pokemon is behind a Substitute?
A: And the damage/healing it will receive will ignore the Substitute.

Q: What about status moves, do they count as super-effective?
A: No, so even if you use Toxic on a Whimsicott, Pain Split will not activate.

Q: What about moves like Seismic Toss and Night Shade which do the same damage regardless of typing or defenses.
A: Moves like those are counted as neutral, so Pain Split will activate.

Q: Is this playable?
A: No, but I will ask Urkerab (the coder who created the ROM server) to code this.

Q: Have you made any other OM's which have been coded?
A: Yes, I have made an OM called Stored Trip which, thanks to Urkerab, is playable on ROM

Link to Pokemon Showdown: play.pokemonshowdown.com
Link to ROM: rom.psim.us
Shouldn't Focus sash just be banned ? Like you just need to be slower and to kill the pokemon after you took the hit with the sash like in Example 1 :/

Shouldn't Focus sash just be banned ? Like you just need to be slower and to kill the pokemon after you took the hit with the sash like in Example 1 :/
I understand what you mean, but if it's ok with you, I would like to see what other strategies people can come up with to counter it. This way, the community's skills can be tested, other people can give their ideas on it and I don't need to ban something right off the bat. Thank you for your opinion though. Have a nice day!

New

Lightning441

Became inspired while scrolling through the OMs yesterday, and decided to revisit this. I'm also surprise there hasn't been an OM ever before under the concept of the Pokérus?
Did you know the Pokérus (
) is rarer to obtain in-game than shiny pokemon?

Metagame premise: Players will be able to use one mon afflicted with the virus. The Pokérus grants this mon:

1) Stat boosts depending on its nature and team placement. For nature, it'll gain an additional +10 to most, if not all, stats. If it's a beneficial/hindering nature (like Jolly is +Spe, -SpA), then the +10 of the hindering stat is reallocated to the beneficial stat; this stat ends up receiving +20 instead, and the hindering stat receives none. For team placement, every slot gives another additional boost. This order would follow directly in line with the base stats.

Timid (+Spe, -Atk)
Slot 1(First in party so +HP)
New Stats: 120/
100/110/110/110/120

We'll come back to this Mew in a bit​
It does not stop there; not only does this strain of Pokérus makes your mon bad (as in good), but also rad-ical. B)

2) The Pokérus will allow the select mon to use most non-native moves of their typing, and abilities long as another mon of the same typing carries them. However, there's a limit: the mon is only allowed 1 non-native move, and any non-native abilities must replace the item slot.

Again, shared typings are the way to these mon's non-native movepool and abilities.

Ability: Synchronize
Non-native Ability or Item: Surge Surfer (A-Raichu) / Regenerator (Slowbro/king) / Tough Claws (M-Metagross); or Mewnium Z / Leftovers
Moves: Psycho Boost (Deoxys) / Rock Polish / Soft-Boiled / Nasty Plot
And that's it; nothing crazy, but nothing too plain. It should bring a lot of new surprising and deadly elements to the table because of the many creative and crazy variables players can come up with. Might also allow everyone to use 1 Uber per team.

Potential bans and threat

1) Non-native Abilities: Huge/Pure Power, Beast Boost, Soul Heart, Water Bubble, Wonderguard, Sturdy, Imposter;
2) Non-native moves: V-Create, Spore, Recovery Moves, Shell Smash, Geomancy, Thousand Arrows;
Questions for the community

What do you think? Could this be improved? Easy to follow?

Art by Patrick-Theater
Metagame premise: Players will be able to further any one mon’s potential by increasing each stat based on its nature and team placement.

So let’s say Mew's nature is Serious (neutral), it would receive +10 to every stat resulting in: 110/110/110/110/110/110 stats. If it was Timid(+Speed, -Attack) rather, then it would look something more like: 110/100/110/110/110/120.

For team placement, every slot gives an additional boost. The order would follow directly in line with the base stats. So if Timid Mew is first in the party, then its HP stat becomes 120. If it was the six member on the team, then its speed becomes 130.

Potential bans and threats: Huge + Pure Power, Regenerator

Questions for the community: What about the boosts? Would you prefer OU based or throw some Ubers in? Any other directions to consider trying with this? Like allowing the mon use non-native moves and/or abilities?
New Pokerus
Metagame Premise
In this meta, every team will have one mon that has the Pokerus. This Pokerus grants:

- All stats are boosted by 10%.

- Use of any moves that shares the pokemon's typing (ex. Garchomp with Dragon Dance)

- Use of any abilities shared by other mons of the same typing (ex. Garchomp w/ Arena Trap from Duggy, Oblivious from Mamo, or Mold Breaker from Haxorus)

OU Clauses, 1 Uber only

New Pokerus in short: a meta with more threatening elements.

Potential bans and threat
- Non-native Huge Power and Pure Power, Beast Boost, Soul Heart, Water Bubble, Wonderguard
- Non-native V-Create, Spore, Recovery Moves, Shell Smash, Geomancy, Thousand Arrows, Extreme Evoboost
Questions for the community
What do you think? Could this be improved?

Attachments

Last edited:
Blissey can inherit Imposter (from Ditto) and/or Final Gambit (from Staraptor).
Shedinja can inherit Sturdy (from Forretress) and Endeavor (from Beedrill).
At that point you're not far removed from full-fledged BH.
Thank you SadisticMystic! I want to avoid near-broken components like that, I'll add to the non-native lists. Also I made a huge mistake; I didn't mention before but these infected mons would only be able to use non-native moves of their typing(s); so Blissey shouldn't be able to learn Final Gambit because it's a
type move and the same applies to Shedninja with Endeavor being a
type move. My apologies, completely missed adding that in the last post.

So for example, Mew being just a Psychic type can only learn other non-native Psychic moves. This also means that dual type mons, in theory, have even better coverage.
Hello, this is quite an interesting idea! I just have one question though, how do you make those hides which will open up when you click on them?
And thanks PsyKick Medicham! Here's a screenshot below:
Any other thoughts? Any other proposals/concepts for Pokerus?
B)

Attachments

Last edited:
Clone Wars

Pokémon gain all ability clones(or as glyx puts it brothers as they are not exactly the same) of there own ability

so defiant and competitive. turbo blaze, mold breaker and such or things like immunity moves which would make stall viable, rough skin +iron barbs+rocky helmet deals a hefty chunk though

beast boost+moxie+ soul heart
flare boost quick feet guts
limber
-ates so basicly 1.8x to every normal move XD(would work like weather it would end in the original ability)
so on and so forth swim boosts sand and slush rush also chlroafill
weather setters set up own ability after setting up other weathers first
surges the same

Bans: Huge/Pure Power
(thanks did not think about those)

just a random idea I had its stupid I know

Last edited:
Clone Wars

Pokémon gain all ability clones of there own ability

so defiant and competitive. turbo blaze, mold breaker and such or things like immunity moves which would make stall viable, rough skin +iron barbs+rocky helmet deals a hefty chunk though

beast boost+moxie+ soul heart
flare boost quick feet guts
limber
-ates so basicly 1.8x to every normal move XD(would work like weather it would end in the original ability)
so on and so forth swim boosts sand and slush rush also chlroafill
weather setters set up own ability after setting up other weathers first
surges the same

just a random idea I had its stupid I know
Huge+Pure Power sounds broken (Mega Mawile/Azumarill can OHKO almost any non-resist with Sucker Punch/Aqua Jet after a Swords Dance/Belly Drum, while Mega Medicham demolishes even fighting resists with High Jump Kick without needing a boost).
Pheromosa also sounds pretty scary with a free dragon dance every time it gets a kill. (Never mind, I forgot it's an Uber.)
Weather teams are better, since you can reset your weather turns every time you bring your weather setter in, and the speed boosting abilities are still in effect even if your opponent replaces the weather.
Some combinations are useless though - Turboblaze adds nothing to Mold Breaker, and combining Defiant and Competitive rarely helps anyone (the exceptions are Tornadus/Thundurus/Empoleon, who can use the SpA boosts, and Primeape/Meowstic, who can learn Power Trip/Stored Power).
Wouldn't -ates do 2.0736x (1.2^4) instead of 1.8x?

Also, if you want to get your attack stat to ridiculous levels, this is the meta in which to do it. +6 Choice Band Huge Power Pure Power Medicham reaches 5760 attack, and I don't think that combination is possible in any other meta.

This is a fun idea, but a couple notes:

From what I know, a pokemon with multiple -ate abilities will actually end up choosing a random typing every turn, not as big of deal when your moves are receiving an absolutely bonkers power buff, but still not ideal.

Also, normalize is considered an -ate ability, while I'm not sure how that works in conjunction with the others, it does mean that every effected move is gaining a 2.48x buff. (Since as Chartung says, the boosts multiply eachother sequentially, and aren't simply applied all at once)

On the topic of immunity abilities, this is where I'm having the most fun thinking about stuff, as multiple mons now have their amount of weaknesses drastically reduced. Flash Fire users notably get Levitate and Water Absorb, meaning the majority of them are left with a sole weakness to rock type moves. Volt Absorb/Lightning Rod/Motordrive users getting levitate means that plenty of them now have 0 weaknesses, same with any mono-water water absorb users thanks to sap sipper+volt absorb, most notably Vaporeon. I don't think it necessarily makes stall as a playstyle any more viable, but does wonders for the viability of certain mons.

Also, does water bubble count as a huge/pure power clone or is it considered it's own thing? I feel like if it was, Azumarill would instantly have to be banned, but if not, Araquanid is kind of getting the shaft.

This is a fun idea, but a couple notes:

Also, normalize is considered an -ate ability, while I'm not sure how that works in conjunction with the others, it does mean that every effected move is gaining a 2.48x buff. (Since as Chartung says, the boosts multiply eachother sequentially, and aren't simply applied all at once)
Is it? I see normalize as the opposite of -ate abilities (instead of turning a normal move into another typing, you turn all types into normal). I think including it would be like a pokemon receiving both Light Metal and Heavy Metal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)