Gladiate for fighting,
Tenebrate for dark,
Immolate for fire,
Generate for electric,
Foliate for grass,
Insubstantiate for ghost,
Scintillate for steel,
and Mentate for psychic.

Oh man I love what this does for rock types, but especially Archeops Archen (rock-type endeavor+rock-type quick attack). Noivern's flying-type boomburst is pretty nifty too.

EV

Banned deucer.
Try these on for Quick Attack:

Flygon has the strongest Ground-type Quick Attack and is the only other one besides Gliscor. Afraid of a Flying-type switching in? Then bring in Terrakion, who is the only Rock-type besides Archeops with it, and well, Archeops still has Defeatist.

Pikachuun

the entire waruda machine
Give this man a Contributor Badge. Now.
I don't have a contributor badge to give, but I can at least put some of that in the OP :]

EDIT: Also, a large majority wants already existing -ate abilities to take precedence over the new ones, so I'll put that in the OP as well.

Last edited:

Pikachuun

Now that's creative spelling :)
Ikr.

This meta should be implemented relatively soon on Joim's Lab, I've messaged TalkTakesTime about it earlier and he says it should be done relatively soon. This meta is complicated, though, so I understand if it doesn't come out until a week or two from now.

Pretty good list put together, not a lot of names I would change. My list would be:

Ordinate - Normal [Noun - the y-coordinate of a point. Besides the ordinary joke, math is pretty 'normal'.]
Immolate - Fire [Verb - to sacrifice or kill by burning]
Karate - Fighting [Noun - an Asian martial art. Much like Beartic, the pun falls apart if you trie to pronounce it, but I think it's funny :P]
Hydrate - Water [Verb - to cause to absorb water]
Aerialate - Flying [from game]
Cultivate - Grass [Verb - to prepare land for gardening]
Intoxicate - Poison [Verb - to make drunk or to poison]
Generate - Electric [Verb - to produce energy, esp. electricity. Shamelessly swiped from Wimblesaurus who is a genius]
Substrate - Ground [Noun - an underlying layer or substance]
Concentrate - Psychic [Verb - to direct one's attention towards something]
Sedimentate - Rock [to deposit sediment]
Refrigerate - Ice [from game]
Assimilate - Bug [Verb - to absorb/integrate. refers to hives]
Consecrate - Dragon [Verb - to make holy]
Desecrate - Ghost [Verb - to disrespect or violate]
Machinate - Dark [Verb - to engage in plotting or conspiracy]
Ferrate - Steel [Noun - a salt in which the anion contains both iron and oxygen]
Pixiliate - Fairy [from game]

Anyways, more on topic:

+2 252+ Atk Hydrate Cloyster Spike Cannon (5 hits) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Jirachi: 375-442 (109.9 - 129.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Cloyster finally has a way past those Steel types. Slightly weaker than Return, but breaks Subs, Sashes, and Sturdy.

AWailOfATail

viva la darmz
Pretty good list put together, not a lot of names I would change. My list would be:

Ordinate - Normal [Noun - the y-coordinate of a point. Besides the ordinary joke, math is pretty 'normal'.]
Immolate - Fire [Verb - to sacrifice or kill by burning]
Karate - Fighting [Noun - an Asian martial art. Much like Beartic, the pun falls apart if you trie to pronounce it, but I think it's funny :P]
Hydrate - Water [Verb - to cause to absorb water]
Aerialate - Flying [from game]
Cultivate - Grass [Verb - to prepare land for gardening]
Intoxicate - Poison [Verb - to make drunk or to poison]
Generate - Electric [Verb - to produce energy, esp. electricity. Shamelessly swiped from Wimblesaurus who is a genius]
Substrate - Ground [Noun - an underlying layer or substance]
Concentrate - Psychic [Verb - to direct one's attention towards something]
Sedimentate - Rock [to deposit sediment]
Refrigerate - Ice [from game]
Assimilate - Bug [Verb - to absorb/integrate. refers to hives]
Consecrate - Dragon [Verb - to make holy]
Desecrate - Ghost [Verb - to disrespect or violate]
Machinate - Dark [Verb - to engage in plotting or conspiracy]
Ferrate - Steel [Noun - a salt in which the anion contains both iron and oxygen]
Pixiliate - Fairy [from game]

Anyways, more on topic:

+2 252+ Atk Hydrate Cloyster Spike Cannon (5 hits) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Jirachi: 375-442 (109.9 - 129.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Cloyster finally has a way past those Steel types. Slightly weaker than Return, but breaks Subs, Sashes, and Sturdy.
Holy shit how are these so obvious now
I mean hydrate and karate (lol)
Like how
Coughcontributerbadgecough

ikr - there are even definitions! (even if some of them have been suggested before, like Ordinate).

Contributor badges aren't candy, you know.

EV

Banned deucer.
Or Magic Guard, so like Clefable (though that Attack stat is pretty weak.)

Or Magic Guard, so like Clefable (though that Attack stat is pretty weak.)
Gen V RU Clefable analysis said:
With Magic Guard, Clefable can abuse a recoil-free Double-Edge and use Life Orb while still maintaining a great deal of bulk. Double-Edge is the main attraction of this set, 2HKOing many Pokemon in RU. To illustrate, almost all Pokemon that do not resist Double-Edge are OHKOed or 2HKOed...
If it was good enough for Clefable then, it'll be good enough for Clefable when it's 33% more powerful and Fairy type.

Pikachuun

OiawesomeDG Snaquaza Joim

Well, I finally decided to code this, because I'm a very impatient person so it can be implemented. It's a rough draft at best, made from slapping parts of other things together in the monstrosity you see below this paragraph, but I think it will work. All I need is you guys to implement this on your respective servers, and hopefully we can play Metagamiate :3
Put the code in formats.js, and it should work, unless I screwed up somewhere.
Code:
THIS ISN'T THE CORRECT CODE. SEE BELOW POST.
If this fails, Replace the this.add section with that of reflect type's, or set the 0 in source.typesData to a 1. If even that fails, I'm an idiot who doesn't know how to code my own meta. That wasn't obvious before?

EDIT: So how much of a nub am I? So much that I set types to an empty variable before I did stuff. \o/

Last edited:

Pikachuun

Retagging Joim, Snaquaza, and OiawesomeDG for this (Because I know they have servers :3)
THE CORRECT CODE MKIV
Code:
        {
            name: "Metagamiate",
            section: "Other Metagames",

ruleset: ['Pokemon', 'Standard', 'Team Preview'],
            banlist: ['Uber', 'Soul Dew', 'Gengarite', 'Kangaskhanite', 'Lucarionite'],
            onModifyMove: function(move, pokemon) {
                if (move.type === 'Normal' && move.id !== 'hiddenpower' && ((pokemon.ability !== 'refrigerate' && pokemon.ability !== 'pixilate' && pokemon.ability !== 'aerilate') || pokemon.ignore['Ability'])) {
                    var typeData = pokemon.getTypes(true).join('/');
                    for (var i=0, l=pokemon.typesData.length; i<l; i++) {
                         if ((pokemon.typesData[i].type === 'Normal') || (pokemon.typesData[i].type === 'Fighting') || (pokemon.typesData[i].type === 'Flying') || (pokemon.typesData[i].type === 'Poison') || (pokemon.typesData[i].type === 'Ground') || (pokemon.typesData[i].type === 'Rock') || (pokemon.typesData[i].type === 'Bug') || (pokemon.typesData[i].type === 'Ghost') || (pokemon.typesData[i].type === 'Steel') || (pokemon.typesData[i].type === 'Fire') || (pokemon.typesData[i].type === 'Water') || (pokemon.typesData[i].type === 'Grass') || (pokemon.typesData[i].type === 'Electric') || (pokemon.typesData[i].type === 'Psychic') || (pokemon.typesData[i].type === 'Ice') || (pokemon.typesData[i].type === 'Dragon') || (pokemon.typesData[i].type === 'Dark') || (pokemon.typesData[i].type === 'Fairy')) {
                             var potato = pokemon.typesData[i].type;
                             break;
                         }
                    }
                    move.type = potato;
                    if (move.volatileStatus) {
                        var volatileStorage = move.volatileStatus;
                    } else {
                        var volatileStorage = [];
                    }
                    move.volatileStatus = 'choicelock';
                }
            },
            onBasePowerPriority: 9,
            onBasePower: function(basePower, attacker, defender, move) {
                if (move.volatileStatus === 'choicelock') {
                    return this.chainModify([0x14CD, 0x1000]);
                    move.volatileStatus = volatileStorage;
                }
            }
        },
This is the correct code, designed by me with a small amount help from Snaquaza [Playtesting] and The Immortal [offering me advice on how to tackle the power increase] when needed. This code re-introduces the potato, making it better than ever. The problem with the Semi-correct code were that the suppress types caused the Pokemon's type to become ???, which is the reason I had to set stab to true. The choicelock status checks the Pokemon's move. If it's normal type, it sets its BP to a higher amount. Otherwise, nothing happens.
This code is 100% ready for implementation on servers. Place it in your formats.js file to make it work. If there are any bugs, VM/PM me and I'll attempt to fix them.
BUG: Sheer Force messes up the game.
FIXED BY REMOVING THE SECONDARY EFFECT
Thanks for reading, Metagamiate fans and others alike, and have a nice day.
This took a good chunk out of a few days to code ~_~

Last edited:

SpartanMalice

Y'all jokers must be crazy
As I mentioned earlier: Forretress (steel), Kabutops (rock) and Cryogonal (ice) all have unblockable rapid spins.

So it comes down to whether you prefer Excadrill who has better typing and attacking power, or kabutops with his 4x weakness but Swift Swim, unblockable rapid spin and technically more powerful offensive typing.

Defensively, Forretress is likely just as good as ever. Cryogonal may not have much use though, despite having an unblockable spin and being faster than the other spinners bar excadrill in sand, it's SpD role is overshadowed by other premier special walls and its physical defense is terrible. But who knows, it might be good.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)