Media Metalheads Thread III

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
And now I'm wondering how the fuck I missed Rosetta's EP from last year.

Also this is a nice change of pace (though I'll take heavy, crushing Rosetta any day).

Last edited:
listening to the new periphery atm and the downright atrocious clean vocals (and not-so-great harshes although they're about twice as tolerable) are pushing it into shitty metalcore territory. the music ranges from decent to really interesting at times which is what makes it such a shame. deschain was right on the money.

in more positive news, i'm super stoked for the new melechesh record! emissaries is up there as one of my favorite melodic black albums

Agonist

Do you still take requests Deschain? If so, can you play through the thicket... across endless mountains by exotic animal petting zoo?

I don't know how it took me so long to discover Kalmah but Pandora recently spit out a couple of their songs and I love em.
I've listened to their first few albums now and standout songs would have to be Principle Hero, They Will Return, Heroes to Us, and The Blind Leader.
I'm not a huge fan of the vocals on the earlier albums but it fits their music, similar to Children of Bodom. Kalmah's later albums with just the deeper vocals, I just can't get behind for some reason.

Agonist

Man, really wish I wasn't getting out of work at 11:30 so I could get more of the show...

CELESTE / PRIMITIVE MAN US TOUR

Tour W/ Celeste (France)
6/17-Sioux Falls, SD-
6/18-Minneapolis, MN-Hexagon
6/19-Milwaukee, WI-Club Garabaldi’s
6/20-Chicago, IL-Cobra Lounge
6/21-Grand Rapids, MI-Death House
6/22-Pittsburgh, PA-Mr. Roboto Project
6/23-Allentown, PA-Good Weekend
6/24-Baltimore, MD-Sidebar
6/25-Raleigh, NC-The Maywood
6/26-Columbia, SC-New Brooklyn Tavern
6/27-Orlando, FL-Uncle Lou’s
6/28-Miami, FL-Churchill’s
6/29-Tampa, FL-Epic Problem
6/30-Atlanta, GA-529
7/1-Nashville, TN-The Stone Fox
7/2-Kansas City, MO-
7/3-Wichita, KS-
7/4-Denver-Glob

Celeste marathon for the rest of the day.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)