move 3: Drain Punch/Superpower
move 4: Flame Charge
item: Life Orb
ability: Synchronize
nature: Jolly
evs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe

Why this deserves to be on-site.

• Unpredictable.
  • Can act as a pseudo dragon type, perfect if you want another dragon on your team but don't want another weakness to dragon or ice.
  • Good natural bulk with 100/100/100 defenses.
  • Very hard to counter without losing a pokemon as almost everything is atleast 2hko'd with the right move if not 1hko'd after a swords dance.
  • Hard to revenge kill

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>In a metagame filled with dragons, Mew can use his ability to learn every move to his advantage by going on the offensive with this set. Now you may think this is outclassed by other dragons like Rayquaza but this is simply not true. Mew's main advantage over other dragons is NOT being a dragon type. Dragon type ubers are prone to being easily revenge killed after setting up. Another advantage is Mew's natural bulk with 100/100/100 making him stick around longer and scoring more KO's and of course it's unpredictable so it will leave your opponent guessing what it's going to do. Swords Dance skyrocket Mew's attack to 598. Drain punch will deal with Dialga, Arceus, Heatran, Blissey and Chansey while aso recovering HP. Flame Charge will raise Mew's speed to sky high levels enabling him to sweep while also deal with anoying pokemon like Ferrothorn, Forretress.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>Mew really appreciates entry hazards to score more KO's. Reliable pokemon like Deoxys S, Ferrothorn and Forretress do a fine job at doing this. Groudon can set up rocks while also setting up the sun to power up Flame Charge, spikes are really helpful too.</p>

To show the power Mew can bring to the table, here are some calculations, assuming Mew has one Swords Dance boost:

• +2 LO Outrage vs 4 HP /0 Def Timid Kyogre: 90.64% - 107.73% Guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
  • +2 LO Outrage vs 252 HP/ 252 Def Impish Giratina: 71.83% - 84.52% 75% chance of OHKO after Stealth Rock and a layer of Spikes
  • +2 LO Outrage vs 4 HP / 0 Def Jolly Ho-oh: 87.57 - 103.11% Guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
  • +2 LO Drain Punch vs 252 HP / 0 Def Modest Dialga: 75.25% - 88.61% 56.25% chance of OHKO after Stealth Rock and a layer of spikes
  • +2 LO Drain Punch vs 88 HP / 0 Def Adamant Arceus-Normal: 75.43% - 88.83% OHKO after Stealth Rock and a layer of spikes
  • +2 LO (sun) Flame Charge vs 252 HP / 0 Def Calm Jirachi: 87.62% - 103.47% 62.5% chance of OHKO after Stealth Rock
  • +2 LO Outrage vs 4 HP / 0 Def Timid Mewtwo 87.57% - 103.11% OHKO after Stealth Rock

So as you can see with the help of entry hazards Mew OHKO's a lot of common pokemon after a boost. Quite impressive considering base 100 Attack is considered low in ubers. Other dragon types such as latios, palkia, latias, Garchomp etc are all OHKO'd by an unboosted Outrage.

[Other Options]

<p>Superpower can be used for more power instead of Drain Punch but it's usually better to use Drain Punch because it allow's Mew to stick around longer. </p>

[Checks and Counters]

<p> Ghost Arceus can come in and get rid of Mew with super effective Judgement but if it switches into a boosted Outrage it will take a heavy amount of damage in the process or risks being KO'd after hazards if it doesn't invest heavily in HP. Jirachi can take Flame Charge with ease in the rain but it's still 2hko'd by Drain Punch. If Mew is locked into Outrage steel types like Ferrothorn can come in and hit it with gyro ball or paralyze it. Groudon can switch into Outrage but risks getting 2hko'd after entry hazards. Lugia can wall all day if Stealth Rock is off the field. </p>

<p> Powerful Choice Scarf pokemon such as Genesect, Kyogre and Kyurem-W can hit Mew with their powerful STABS if Mew isn't at +1 Speed.</p>

His Eminence Lord Poppington II

proverb:the fish who eats most dies still too
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
If I'm going to take the time to boost why wouldn't I use something more deadly than Mew. Base 100 Attack is underwhelming, and with no usable STAB is even more underwhelming; Mew's coverage is good but this hardly makes up for it.

Its bulk will also be pretty terrible no investment and after an attack boost from Download the incredibly popular Choice Scarf Genesect can revenge kill it.

QC Rejected 1/3

Mr. Uncompetitive

What makes us human?
is a Contributor Alumnus
I think most people would rather have an actual Dragon type than a fake one with mediocre stats, even if there are type issues the types of Dragons are so varied it doesn't really matter.

The big problem with Mew is his stats: They are simply subpar for sweeping. Unlike Manaphy or Victini, Mew lacks moves that allow him to deal relevant damage before dying. Victini can just spam Sun Boosted V-Creates while it has a Scarf while Manaphy has Calm Mind and Tail Glow as well as Hydration Rest. Mew has...nothing worth noting that is unique to Mew. Plus, in general, you're outclassed by Mewtwo, who has much better offenses and speed at the cost of a little bulk. Hell, I bet SD Arceus-Psychic is better than this.

I don't see how this set really works....

Outrage is just as powerful as if you were using Zen Headbutt so Outrage can be seen as STAB which is further boosted by Life Orb. The point of this set is if you already have something like Rayquaza you can use this Mew on the same team. You don't always have to set up Swords Dance either. I've been using this on PO and most of the time it gets 2 or 3 kills sometimes I sweep whole teams with it with the help of entry hazards. Even if it only gets 1 kill Mew's done his job.

Mr. Uncompetitive

What makes us human?
is a Contributor Alumnus
Why don't use an actual Physical Sweeper then like all those Arceus formes or Deoxys-A or Victini or Blaziken or Mamoswine or Terrakion or Kingdra or Kabutops. All of these can do the job better than Mew in some way or another, and this is just a random list off the top of my head, so why use Mew when there's tons of other BETTER options available?

Not true. Deoxys A is way too frail to do anything I actually don't recall one of my pokemon ever getting taken down by one. All of the others are walled by certain common pokemon in ubers so they are forced to switch out except for Blaziken but doesn't last long with Flare blitz and and LO recoil. Dragon pokemon are easily killed by other dragon moves while Mew isn't weak to dragon so he can survive a hit and KO more pokemon also who says you can't use a dragon type pokemon, why not use both. Also like I said entry hazards already help Mew get KO's so it doesn't matter if he doesn't hit as hard as other dragon pokemon after a boost. Mew also has drain punch and has better defensive stats than most sweepers so he will last longer. I feel as this Mew is better suited for HO teams who have multiple sweepers.

Great Sage

Banned deucer.
I highly doubt that you have tested this set out in any substantial way. Mew is very weak by Uber standards, and will certainly not be particularly imposing with a non-STAB Outrage.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)