Mew used Transform!

Hey guys, jmoolah here with my second RMT. I haven't had a lot of expirience with xy uu, but i have really wanted to use a mew set where i could somehow incorporate transform and trick to fuck with set up sweepers and other scarfers. Anyway, here is my squad!

Aerodactyl @ Aerodactylite
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 120 HP / 252 Atk / 136 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Aerial Ace
- Stone Edge
- Defog
- Earthquake

First up is mega-aero. Dude is a straight beast, and has great coverage with flying, ground and rock. Once he mega evolves, he is near impossible to outspeed short of scarfers, and he deals well with grass and fighting types, and also counters the nidos since he outspeeds them. He also has great utility with defog, which clears hazards off the field, since spikes and sticky web really fuck with my team.

Nidoqueen @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 24 HP / 252 SAtk / 232 Spd
Modest Nature
- Sludge Wave
- Earth Power
- Ice Beam
- Stealth Rock

Nidoqueen provides me with a reliable stealth rocker, and is a great counter for fighting types and florges. Not 100 percent sure about her set, because life orb sacrifices her good bulk for offensive power, but if i switch to black sludge she misses out on some important kills, especially on florges. Im also thinking about switching up her coverage to thunderbolt instead of ice beam, particularly because my team has a lot of trouble with bulky waters.

Mienshao @ Life Orb
Ability: Regenerator
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Atk / 12 SDef / 244 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- High Jump Kick
- U-turn
- Knock Off

Shao is ussually who i lead with, and he can really take some decent chunks out of opponents on turn 1-2 with fake out and hjk. Knock off is important to get rid of those pesky eviolite and assault vest pokemon, and u-turn is to gather good momentum. Mienshao always nets me some great kills, and even has some decent recovery with regenerator because he is switching in and out so much.

Magneton @ Eviolite
Ability: Analytic
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 112 HP / 252 SAtk / 144 Spd
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Grass]
Eviolite analytic mag has served me pretty well, but overall i would say he is the most replaceable. Thunderbolt and flash cannon are obvious stabs, and volt switch helps create a nice volt turn core with shao. HP grass is for swampert and gastroden, who otherwise do a number on my team with thier coverage moves, but hidden power fire could also be useful i guess, but I am not using magnet pull.

Florges (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Flower Veil
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Aromatherapy
- Wish
- Protect

Not much to say about florges. Max def ev's to balance her stats out, because my team is lacking in both specially and physically defensive walls. Wish helps keep mag alive, and aromatherapy gets rid of the burns and toxics that really seem to fuck with me.

Mew @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Naive Nature
- Transform
- Trick
- Drain Punch
- U-turn

Finally, my mew set. I had really wanted to try to work transform into a mew set, and while it hasnt exactly eaten the meta like i thought it would, it has been really cool, and it catches a lot of players off guard. The trick (lol) is to use mew as a regular choice scarfer, revenge killing and u-turning out. But with transform, i can switch into a sweeper as they set up a swords dance, shell smash or whatever and proceed to outspeed them and kill them with my choice scarf. The problem with transform is that each move I copy only has 5 pp, so I can often get pp stalled out, but for the most part, mew can murk setup sweepers like reun, mega absol, mega houndoom, agiligross and kingdra. With max speed and naive nature, mew can outspeed most scarfers like hydreigon or mienshao if he can get a chance to get in play safely (ussually through me sacraficing someone. Finally, if i decide not to transform, I can trick my scarf onto a wall and mess up thier day. Overall, mew is interesting, but I am really wondering about whether drain punch is a good choice for my only (real) attacking move, because, even while it grants some recovery, it is a a little underwhelming in power. Mew is the only thing I am 100 percent sure I want to keep on this team.

Well thats the squad! I really would like to mix in a water type somewhere, but I don't know who to replace. Otherwise, please help me out with some suggestions on weaknesses/movesets or replacement pokemon! Thanks guys, peace.

Last edited:

Crestfall

levitate, levitate, levitate, levitate
There is no purpose in running Analytic and speed EVs, it defeats the purpose. At that point you're just banking on being slower than some faster mons that put full invest while still outspeed various slower ones (who I'd imagine you outspeed anyways). Also I've felt having that slow of a pivot isn't that strong, perhaps consider replacing Volt Switch with another move (HP Fire if you change to Magnet Pull) for added coverage.

Also you may want to look into putting Toxic over Protect on Florges; many good players can predict a protect and Boost/Sub/Switch to another mon in that protect turn. By using toxic you make your wish stalling even stronger as you switch out to resistances and watch toxic take its toll. And with that spread Florges can take non-SE hits from both sides easily and hit Wish and let it come down on you as you toxic something.

Not entirely sure on swapping out Ice Beam on Nidoqueen, it depends if you believe you are using Magneton properly or if it's doing its job properly without a damaging item. With eviolite smacked on it I imagine it could win trades against some waters (and you even have HP grass to handle the ground dual types).

Will definitely give toxic a try on florges. Magneton really hasnt been doing that much for me, so i think i might swap it for empoleon or a poke who could act as a physical wall/pivot. Any thoughts?

There is no purpose in running Analytic and speed EVs, it defeats the purpose.
This is flat out incorrect. Speed EVs are necessary to beat M-Blastoise and some other threats. Analytic still works very well (and often) in two situations:
1. Magneton is still pretty slow and bulky with 112 HP/144 Spe. When you stay in on faster pokemon that you can take a hit from, Analytic gives you a boost.
2. When the opponent switches (and you either Volt Switch out or predict the switch and hit them with a different move), Analytic gives you a boost.

As for Mew, I would change up your EV spread. There are only two things Transform doesn't copy - HP and IV's. That being said, I would put 252 EVs in HP right off the bat. Assuming you do use it often without transform, you can set up your remaining EVs accordingly (probably enough speed to outrun xyz threat, then the rest into your attacking stat).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)