ORAS OU Mexican Cena - Hawlucha Offense, Peaked #15

upload_2016-2-27_15-1-22.png

Hey everyone, here is a team I built with 2D over 3D Huge shoutout to him for helping me build the team, testing it and laddering with me. This team was built around a core I made starring Hawlucha. It was built 3 months ago but has been constantly performing well on ladder, holding it's own against most playstyles very well.

Proof of Peak
imsosorrylol and 2D over 3D Peak, I peaked a little lower than them so w/e

Listen to this while reading the rest of the RMT to achieve full dankness.

Team Building Process

This was the core I came up with. Hawlucha is the standard Sub SD set, and life orb chomp with draco meteor sets rocks to ease sweeping and lures in rotom-w and defensive lando-t's severly hurting them with draco and making hawlucha's job much easier.

Scizor was suggested by 2D when we realized that weavile and fairies just swept the team. We went with the offensive SD set as that also appreciates Garchomp taking out rotom-w and defensive lando-t

This serves as an offensive electric check as they rip apart the team to this point as well as providing needed defog.

Latios was also weak to weavile, so banded azumarill came in, providing a secondary weavile and keldeo check as well as giving us a wallbreaker to ease sweeping with hawlucha or mega scizor.

Raikou was mandatory to give us a special setup sweeper as well as another fast electric switch in. This beats most electrics 1v1 with calm mind.

Team at a Glance

Set Breakdowns (The Nicknames are a homage to the John Cena Prank Call if you are confused)

Is Champ There? (Garchomp) @ Life Orb
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast
- Stealth Rock

Role: Garchomp is here as a lead most of the times. It's main job is to set up rocks and then draco mons that check hawlucha and scizor, or fire blast if it's skarmory.
How to Use: Lead with garchomp every battle unless you are sure they are leading with something that beats it 1v1. Setting up rocks is a priority against teams that have a talonflame. If the opponent leads with rotom-w, setup rocks and then draco after they WoW. If they lead landorus-t then just draco to try and break it.
Set Details: Draco Meteor is Garchomp's most important move as it is what sets this set apart from the other sets. Full special attack is needed as it maximizes damage on landorus-therian and rotom-w with dracos. Earthquake is mandatory STAB. Fire Blast is very nice to beat skarmory, ferrothorn, etc. Stealth Rock is very good hazard removal that hurts one of this teams biggest weakness in talonflame.

Who's Champ? (Scizor) @ Scizorite
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower
- Bug Bite
Role: Mega Scizor is here as a setup sweeper that works with garchomp and hawlucha very well. It covers a lot of their weaknesses and appreciates garchomp's ability to weaken common switch ins and Hawlucha's ability to share common switch in's which both of them together can weaken for a late game sweep.
How to Use: Since this isn't the bulky set, it doesn't take hits very well and with no recovery can be weakned easily. If you SD, there are 2 reasons to do so. 1.) It wins game. 2.) It weakens a mon like tank chomp for hawlucha to win game.
Set Details: Full attack with an adamant nature allows this to hit like a truck. Full speed allows it to outspeed pokemon like defensive heatran that normally think they beat it. Swords Dance allows for late game sweeps. Bullet Punch is obvious STAB and priority. Bug Bite is it's hardest hitting STAB with Technician, and superpower allows Scizor to beat pokemon like heatran and provides all around good coverage.

Edit: The Name has been changed to "Jaun Cenaaa" as it is much more appropriate for the RMT :D
JUAN CENAAA (Hawlucha) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 12 HP / 252 Atk / 244 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Substitute
- Swords Dance
- High Jump Kick
- Acrobatics

Role: Sweeper. Not much else to say. Appreciates Garchomp's Draco meteors and scizor's ability to weaken similar checks.
How to Use: Wait until all of it's checks and counters are gone before trying to setup. Also functions as a late game cleaner against slower pokemon. You can setup with this for the same reason as Mega Scizor if needed, to weaken something like tank chomp so mega scizor can sweep.
Set Details: This is the standard EV Spread. Maximizing attack, getting to a nice sitrus berry number so 2 subs can trigger the ability. High Jump kick and acrobatics are obvious STAB. Substitute and Swords Dance allow this to sweep effectively with 2 subs triggering unburden.

Here at the WWE (Raikou) @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Volt Switch
Role: Electric Check, special setup sweeper. Raikou's main function on this team however is not to sweep but check things like thundurus that destroy most of this team. It also provides momentum with Volt Switch.
How to Use: Don't Calm Mind unless you are sure that this will win game or break a mon that is really fat. Volt Switch a lot when predicting a switch. Keep this healthy if the opponent has an offensive electric threatening you.
Set Details: Full Special attack and full speed with a timid nature maximize offensive capability while allowing it to speed tie with other base 115's. Calm Mind is the best set. Volt Switch gives momentum. Thunderbolt and Hidden Power [Ice] complete Bolt-Beam Coverage that is devastating against a lot of teams.

Sunday Night (Azumarill) @ Choice Band
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 172 HP / 252 Atk / 84 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Waterfall
- Aqua Jet
- Superpower
Role: Wall breaker, keldeo check and a weavile switch in. Not much else to say. I'm sure everyone's used an azumarill before and realized how good this is against most teams, especially offense.
How to Use: As the name indicates, this is used primarily to break walls. This can also function as a late game cleaner with banded priority in aqua jet.
Set Details: This is the standard smogon spread. This allows it to outspeed base 60's with no investment. Superpower is primarily for ferrothorn to lure and bop it. Aqua Jet is very nice priority STAB. Waterfall and Play Rough are the primary STAB wallbreaking moves, hitting like a truck.

SUPERSLAMMMM (Latios) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Defog
Role: Defogger, offensive presence, keldeo check, scizor and ferrothorn lure.
How to Use: Latios doesn't really have a set use on this team other than to defog which isn't always a priority. Clicking Draco after the opponents fairies are gone should be a priority however. Hidden Power [Fire] can also lure threats.
Set Details: Pretty standard stuff. Draco Meteor and Psyshock are standard powerful STAB. Hidden Power [Fire] lures ferrothorn and scizors. Defog gets rid of hazards. The EV spread maximizes offensive presence.

Threat List, I'm sure I missed some but w/e

No switch ins, because this is an offensive team
Destroys my team if not played carefully against.

I have no counter to offensive variants.

Replays

Shoutouts
Pokeachu For the Banner
2D over 3D for building with me
imsosorrylol For being so sorry lol
BlazeLatias For linking me to the sprites and being a good fren
Hiye IDK you have a small penis
njnp for being cool
Rampecker for being Mexican
Rampage095 for being 12
littlelucario For being Indian too
ShootingStarmie for being 2 people
Seventy Jamal follow me back bby
Clone Wanted a SO
amg Also wanted a SO
PikachuCandyツ Ily. Be more active
Questionnaire ^
oml it's too ez IDK you but you're cool so here
Avarice87 Big Papi
FrozenCold Son!!!!
A I Got TM87 are you Tm8?
gig25 my fren irl
Toon Linked you're really cool
Team Pokepals You're cool too. (Don't forget to make this RMT of week)
Skarmx2 Yes this is the return of me
anyone I forgot just tell me

Importable
Code:
Is Champ There? (Garchomp) @ Life Orb
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast
- Stealth Rock

Who's Champ? (Scizor) @ Scizorite
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower
- Bug Bite

JUAN CENAAA (Hawlucha) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 12 HP / 252 Atk / 244 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Substitute
- Swords Dance
- High Jump Kick
- Acrobatics

Here at the WWE (Raikou) @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Volt Switch

Sunday Night (Azumarill) @ Choice Band
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 172 HP / 252 Atk / 84 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Waterfall
- Aqua Jet
- Superpower

SUPERSLAMMMM (Latios) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Defog
Hope you enjoyed this RMT, leave a like if you did. That'd be nice. Constructive Critcism is also appreciated.​

Last edited:
If Raikou's main purpose is to check electrics, then I think hippowdon would do just as well. He would also help patch up your weakness to talonflame and mega lop a bit.

Consequently, this would make azumarill harder to counter.

Not sure what else would have to be changed.

If Raikou's main purpose is to check electrics, then I think hippowdon would do just as well. He would also help patch up your weakness to talonflame and mega lop a bit.

Consequently, this would make azumarill harder to counter.

Not sure what else would have to be changed.
Why would he use hippowdon. Raikou is still a rather decent electric check and he already has a stealth rock setter in garchomp. Adding a hippowdon would be really pointless. Not only would hippowdon be redundant but it also would make his team much weaker to tg manaphy with energy ball. Raikou thanks to its natural special bulk can at least decently check those manaphy. It also beats mega slowbro for his team. So yeah...chances are darkreaper already knows this himself but hippowdon is a horrible suggestion. Not to mention this is offense a playstyle which hippowdon should never be used on because of how much momentum it kills. I would however recommend Knock off>superpower on azumarill because you already have Chainchomp for luring in ferrothorn. If sableye proceeds to be a issue one way to sort of alleviate this issue would be lum berry azumarill which can be used to surprise sableye leads. You could also Try lum berry sd garchomp over chainchomp if you want to keep the choice band azumarill.

Last edited:
That Sableye+Empoleon game killed me. Yeah, no, who stays in there, but who clicks Waterfall over Play Rough when the switch-in is 100% Empoleon your using a x4 resist (water v water/steel) vs a x2 that kills what is actually in front of you. Both of you are crazy.

Moving on to the actual team, oml has a point. Your entire team fails to switch into Wisp, and that magnifies the fact that your best Sableye check is switching in Azu and hoping you dodge the Wisp on entry. I get that trading Talonflame for Hawlucha defeats the purpose of having a Mexican John Cena team, but you could at least run Roost > HP Fire on Latios since you already run Lure LO Garchomp. It's not like you struggle to check and kill Scizor/Ferro. It's not like Sableye players are going to stay in on a Draco Meteor that does min 80% anyway, so it can even absorb obvious wisps as a switch-in without forcing you to compromise your Azu.

Vincent210 BlazeLatias oml it's too ez
I see your point with the WoW weakness. As a whole Mega Sableye kind of demolishes my team so I'll try out the different suggestions and edit the thread accordingly. I am leaning Talonflame over Hawlucha as much as it pains me. Thanks for the rates!
Changes Currently Being Tested
Talonflame > Hawlucha
Lum Azumarill/Garchomp
Roost Latios
Knock Off > Superpower on Azumarill

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)