ORAS OU MHeracross semistall, peaked #1 - 2071 ELO

BRUTO PINK SISTERS

INTRODUCTION

Hi everybody, this is Nevis bringing you my first RMT. I’m a pokemon italian guy not so used to smogon and its mechanics, mainly for the lack of time and such. I play since XY, and now here I am. This team is inspired by the team I used for the Landorus-I suspect, obviously riadapted to the actual meta and to the current threats. Here’s the team building phase.

BUILDING PROCESS

I started with Heracross because i wanted to build a semistall with offensive pressure potential, and I wanted a reliable and aggressive way to face fat balance and stall.

Then I put Heatran as a setter and a tflame (birds) counter.

I picked Skarmory as a defogger to better face physical attackers and set uppers.

Last but not least I put together the “big 3”, the “pink core”, filling the weaknesses of the team and providing a core that is very hard to break. Their immunities and their bulk, paired with the speed of Tornadus and with stat up moves from the other two, make a great sinergy that gives you a response for pretty much everything that the other two don’t cover.

THE TEAM

BRUTO (Heracross) @ Heracronite
Ability: Moxie
EVs: 32 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 220 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Pin Missile
- Bullet Seed
- Substitute

This is the main pokemon of the team, capable as I said to break stall and fatty teams, and to pressure hard the opponent every single game. Substitute is preferred over Rock blast to help with its job, luring status moves and take advantage from pokemon that cannot break the sub. Bullet seed is needed to kill Rotom-Wash and Quagsire. The spread is made to outspeed adamant Bisharp and Breloom with the Mega evolution, and also to outspeed jolly Magnezone by 1 point. The remaining was invested in bulk.

BIG MOMMA (Heatran) @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 24 SpA / 188 SpD / 48 Spe
Calm Nature
- Lava Plume
- Stone Edge
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock

It is the setter and the flying resistor. The given spread is to outspeed MVenusar, and some special atk is given to hit harder MSableye. Stone edge is there to severely damage defensive tflame, which is very annoying.

UCCELLO DVRO (Skarmory) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Spikes
- Defog
- Whirlwind
- Roost

Last we have Skarmory, with no offensive moves. It may seem weird or useless, but it is crucial for the hazard stacking and removal, also to mitigate dangerous physical stat uppers. The spread is completely defensive due to its role.

PING (Gastrodon) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Storm Drain
EVs: 216 HP / 192 Def / 100 SpD
Impish Nature
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Curse
- Recover

Curse Gastrodon is the mascotte of the team, but also a terrible late game sweeper if ur not prepared to it. It’s amazing for its ability to stop completely the electric types, and to stat up against so many things. The spread gives it a decent bulk, to take at least one hit from every pokemon that has not a super effective move. The 100 evs in hp nullify the chance of 2HKO by the classic Mega Diancie. The physical bulk is needed to check Gyarados and Keldeo cmind, cursing up.

TOTEM (Tornadus-Therian) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 132 HP / 160 SpA / 216 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Hurricane
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Classic assault vest pivot, helping with Keldeo, Starmie, Gengar and Serperior. Hidden power ice is mainly for Sword Dance Fire Fang Garchomp, that is a huge problem for the team. I found out that it is also useful vs Landorus-T, that loves to stay in one turn against Torn, or to switch in directly.

PONG (Clefable) @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 172 Def / 84 SpD
Calm Nature
- Moonblast
- Thunder Wave
- Calm Mind
- Soft-Boiled

I don’t think I need any explanation here. Clef is nowadays one of the best pokemon in the tier, because of its ability, its typing and its bulk. I use the Thunder Wave Calm-Mind set to assist MHeracross, and to slow down the opponent threats. This is also a reliable sweeper itself, perfect for the late game.

PROOF OF THE PICK

upload_2016-8-3_18-52-27.png

REPLAYS

IMPORTABLE

BRUTO (Heracross) @ Heracronite
Ability: Moxie
EVs: 32 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 220 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Pin Missile
- Bullet Seed
- Substitute

BIG MOMMA (Heatran) @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 24 SpA / 188 SpD / 48 Spe
Calm Nature
- Lava Plume
- Stone Edge
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock

PING (Gastrodon) (F) @ Leftovers
EVs: 216 HP / 192 Def / 100 SpD
Impish Nature
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Curse
- Recover

TOTEM (Tornadus-Therian) @ Assault Vest
EVs: 132 HP / 160 SpA / 216 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Hurricane
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Hidden Power [Ice]

PONG (Clefable) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 172 Def / 84 SpD
Calm Nature
- Moonblast
- Thunder Wave
- Calm Mind
- Soft-Boiled

UCELLO DVRO (Skarmory) @ Rocky Helmet
Impish Nature
- Spikes
- Defog
- Whirlwind
- Roost

SHOTOUTS

I must give a shout to:
- All the old OS team
- Mio Isurugi MM
- Empo
- Lifeisaroll

Last edited:

power

uh-oh, the game in trouble
Welcome to smogon!

In terms of weaknesses, you look awfully weak to manaphy - none of your mons can do anything to it and it grabs a tail glow and cleans.

Additionally, offensive Mega Scizor pressures your team a lot - given that your heatran is slow, MScizor outpaces it and kills it with superpower. While you have whirlwind to deal with it, you should watch out for a last mon scizor where they sack all their mons and win with scizor. I would also run toxic > stone edge on heatran, as taunt talonflame is quite rare now. A Simple 252 HP/16 SpD/240 Speed Timid heatran spread should allow you to outpace offensive Mega Scizor variants.

In terms of weaknesses, you look awfully weak to manaphy - none of your mons can do anything to it and it grabs a tail glow and cleans.
Didn't you see clef tw and torn with hurricane?

Additionally, offensive Mega Scizor pressures your team a lot - given that your heatran is slow, MScizor outpaces it and kills it with superpower. While you have whirlwind to deal with it, you should watch out for a last mon scizor where they sack all their mons and win with scizor. I would also run toxic > stone edge on heatran, as taunt talonflame is quite rare now. A Simple 252 HP/16 SpD/240 Speed Timid heatran spread should allow you to outpace offensive Mega Scizor variants.
Zor is a switch in vs fable and tw incoming, and heatran incoming. Curse gastrodon is not bad 1v1 vs bulky zor.Offensive Scizor does not take great hits of M-Hera

✧✧✧Hi, Anime_Fan here✧✧✧

What a wicked team you have! It functions well as a semi-stall team, and it even has the means for pressuring other stalls. Congrats! That said, there are a few adjustments can be made to easily improve the team.
By the way, here are some pointers regarding the team:
  • The team is pressured by powerful wall-breakers, as well as stall-breakers e.g. Manaphy, Volcanion (Solar Beam/HP Grass) etc.
  • Some of the sets are risky, and not very useful in the long run.
Here are a few changes you might like:

Tornadus-Therian @ Assault Vest
EVs: 96 HP / 160 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty or Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Superpower / Heatwave
- U-turn
- Knock Off

I understand the reasoning behind your set, but replacing Super Power or Heatwave for HP Ice isn't a great idea. You mentioned that it's for hitting Garchomps and Landorus-T. However, both of these are handled by maximum defensive Skarmory, Gastrodon and Clefable in some way. Next, it's rare for a physical wall like Landorus-T to stay on a predicted STAB Hurricane. Doing so doesn't make sense imo, plus Yache berry is a renown set to run on a Landorus-T. So I don't wouldn't recommend taking the risk of getting KO'd by a Stone Edge from Landorus-T (I'm sure that strategy works, but it seems needlessly risky imho). You already have Skarmory, a solid counter to Landorus-T.

Skarmory @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Roost
- Defog
- Brave Bird / Iron Head
- Whirlwind

I replaced Spikes with an attack move, because it prevents Skarmory from getting completely shut down by taunt. Next, trying to hazard stack with a defog user is counter productive i.e. it's hard enough to stack up hazards, but Defog immediately cancels many turns-worth of stacking in an instant! That would be a complete waste of time in battle (lol). Lastly the core doesn't need hazard stacking as most of its members aren't offensive, you don't have a spin blocker or a defiant user to deter hazard removal, plus the team only has 1 phazer to abuse hazard-stacking.

Gastrodon @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 112 Def / 144 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Curse
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Recover

This set can survive assaults from M-Diancie, Life Orb Alakazam, Life Orb Thundurus etc (Gastordon is 3HKO'd by all of them). A greater investment in its Sp.Def compliments it ability to also boost its Def. Water fall is great as your team is vulnerable to Gliscor and Thundurus. This set needs a cleric, because without them status such as poison and burns can really harm Gastrodon's longevity.

PS: You could play around with the team, and replace members with suitable cores e.g. the Seimitoad and Togekiss core (it comes with Stealth Rock, Nasty Plot and Heal Bell, which is great for breaking stall).

That said, you have a pretty solid team imo, and I wish you the best of luck on the RMT! Hopefully you'll get a better RMT than mine xD

Last edited:

Zor is a switch in vs fable and tw incoming, and heatran incoming. Curse gastrodon is not bad 1v1 vs bulky zor.Offensive Scizor does not take great hits of M-Hera

Zor is a switch in vs fable and tw incoming, and heatran incoming. Curse gastrodon is not bad 1v1 vs bulky zor. Offensive Scizor does not take great hits of M-Hera
uh thunder wave clef and av torn are not manaphy answers fren idk where u got that from. Seeing as how rd mana just 6-0es this team the clef set should probably be some sort of sp def unaware clef, resttalk works as well as cm wish tect. I also think hp ice torn is really unnecessary on this specific team and a standard moveset would probably be much better. Cool looking team and gratz on the peak.

Hello there Nevi. First, I want to congratulate you on the peak, good job :]. Second I just want to say that good job using Gastrodon, that thing is criminally underrated. But other than that, your team has quite few weaknesses. Its main weakness is that it falls down to stallbreakers quite easily. Rain Dance Manaphy, Mega Charizard Y, Choice Band Tyranitar, and Taunt Mega Gardevoir. RD Manaphy sets up on a bunch of members in your team (Heatran, Gastrodon, Clefable, and weakened Skarmory) and then 6-0, 2HKOs Gastrodon and Clefable but OHKOs everything else under rain. Zard Y clicks focus blast and then proceeds to use it again or just click fire blast and something dies. Band Tar with rocks gets a kill every time it comes in and then it switches out of Mega Heracross. Finally, Taunt Mega Gardevoir wrecks your team 10/10 times. There's no way you can touch this the only way to win is to hope the opponent chokes and allows you to get Clefable a CM or two. There other glaring weakness that this team has is the lack of longevity. Status spam can do a number on your team quite easily. That's why, I recommend the following:

Make Clefable
Unaware > Magic Guard. This will significantly improve your team as it can be a back up check to many different things including opposing CM Clefables, CM Raikou, CM Keldeo, or Serperior. Adding Heal Bell > Thunder Wave also gives your team a huge boost in longevity. An unfortunate burn on Mega Heracross or a toxic on Gastrodon can be destructive, and Heal Bell will help in stuff like this. If you still want to keep Clefable as a wincon, then you can just put Moonlight > Soft-Boiled. Though you have to be careful as moonlight only heals 25% in rain so it can hinder your effectiveness vs. Manaphy. Changing the EVs to 248 HP / 204 Def / 56+ SpD allows you to check Manaphy nicely while still have good bulk on the physical side for boosting sweepers that Skarmory cannot handle.

Your Gastrodon and Tornadus-T EVs also need quite a bit of improvement. Tornadus-T prefers max speed to speed tie with opposing Tornadus-T and outspeed Aalakazam. Alakazam can be pretty annoying to this team especially withe encore, and LO Tornadus-T can be quite a bit of a nuisance. So, i recommend
160 HP / 96 SpA / 252 Spe which gives quite the bulk and the necessary speed. Gastrodon's EVs can be improved because with Curse you want to have a lot of SpD to help you initiate your sweep. I recommend using
192 HP / 236 Def / 80 SpD with a Careful Nature. 192 HP / 236 Def allows you to curse up alongside Charizard X to safely check it. (meaning Dragon Claw does 49.8% max to Gastrodon with this set) but it also gives a lot of SpD that allows you to do cool things such as live 2 shadow balls from Gengar after rocks or live 2 Psychics from Mega Alakazam without rocks.

Finally, I recommend putting
Talonflame > Heatran and putting
Stealth Rock > Spikes on Skarmory. SpD Talonflame can do almost all what Heatran does except rocks and bird check. However, Talonflame is quite necessary as it puts a stop to both Zard Y and Mega Gardevoir, both which can obliterate your team. It will make your team weaker to rocks but it will also give you a wincon, and not to mention, a solid Mega Scizor counter which your team lacks. Replacing Heatran means that no more rocks so just putting rocks on Skarmory is the play. No attack skarmory is not super bad but in this case it's a necessary evil.

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 248 HP / 204 Def / 56 SpD
Calm Nature
- Wish / Moonlight
- Protect / Calm Mind
- Heal Bell
- Moonblast

Skarmory @ Rocky Helmet
Impish Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- Stealth Rock
- Whirlwind

Gastrodon @ Leftovers
EVs: 192 HP / 236 Def / 80 SpD
Careful Nature
- Scald
- Curse
- Recover
- Earthquake

EVs: 160 HP / 96 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Hurricane
- Hidden Power Ice

Talonflame @ Leftovers
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpD / 8 Spe
Careful Nature
- Will-o-Wisp / Taunt
- Bulk Up
- Roost
- Brave Bird

Last edited:
Reactions: Mq
Hi, this is an interesting team. My changes to it will be minimal.

For a start, seeing as Mega Medicham is pretty much everywhere now, you could try running 252/216 def bold clef, which will let it take 2 Adamant Mega Medicham HJKs on the switch in:
252+ Atk Pure Power Mega Medicham High Jump Kick vs. 252 HP / 216+ Def Clefable: 177-208 (44.9 - 52.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
Also, it makes it a better switch in to Mega Lopunny and Weavile. This does worsen your matchup vs kyurem-b, but I think checking non zen medi (they tend to drop this in favour of elemental punches) is more important.

Next off, if Manaphy is troubling your team, you could run Clear Smog on Gastrodon, to reset its stats. I'd probably drop Earthquake for it, seeing as mono water stab isn't that bad and it keeps it as a wincon. +3 ice beam, and then a neutral ice beam won't ko gastro with the spread you currently have.

Finally, just some small set changes. If you want a better check to Mega Gardevoir, even though it is not terribly common right now, you can run Iron Tail on Tornadus. With 24 attack evs, U-turn + Iron Tail will always KO 16/8 def Mega Gardevoir:
24 Atk Tornadus-T U-turn vs. 16 HP / 8 Def Mega Gardevoir: 73-86 (25.9 - 30.6%) -- guaranteed 4HKO
24 Atk Tornadus-T Iron Tail vs. 16 HP / 8 Def Mega Gardevoir: 208-246 (74 - 87.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Ignore the fact that there's .1% missing, this is due to rounding errors in the calculator. The min rolls, 73 for U-turn, and 208 for Iron Tail, add up to 281, which is that Gardevoir spread's hp. I recommend dropping hp ice for it. If you do decide to keep hp ice, you need 28 attack evs.

Oh, and finally, I don't know if you want to revamp your team to deal with Char Y better, but try running 28 attack evs on Heatran, this will ensure it gets the OHKO on it with stone edge:
28- Atk Heatran Stone Edge vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Mega Charizard Y: 300-356 (101 - 119.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Welcome to smogon!

I know, i'm quite weak to Manaphy. When i face him i try to play around, finding out the set. The only Manaphy that really gives me problems is the Rain Dance variant though, because otherwise I can playing around /w Clef, Torn and Gastro. Also MHera takes one hit and revenge kills. I was considering to use ur Heatran spread few days ago, maybe i will. Thank u for the suggestions, appreciated a lot.

✧✧✧Hi, Anime_Fan here✧✧✧

What a wicked team you have! It functions well as a semi-stall team, and it even has the means for pressuring other stalls. Congrats! That said, there are a few adjustments can be made to easily improve the team.
By the way, here are some pointers regarding the team:
  • The team is pressured by powerful wall-breakers, as well as stall-breakers e.g. Manaphy, Volcanion (Solar Beam/HP Grass) etc.
  • Some of the sets are risky, and not very useful in the long run.
Here are a few changes you might like:

EVs: 96 HP / 160 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty or Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Superpower / Heatwave
- U-turn
- Knock Off

I understand the reasoning behind your set, but replacing Super Power or Heatwave for HP Ice isn't a great idea. You mentioned that it's for hitting Garchomps and Landorus-T. However, both of these are handled by maximum defensive Skarmory, Gastrodon and Clefable in some way. Next, it's rare for a physical wall like Landorus-T to stay on a predicted STAB Hurricane. Doing so doesn't make sense imo, plus Yache berry is a renown set to run on a Landorus-T. So I don't wouldn't recommend taking the risk of getting KO'd by a Stone Edge from Landorus-T (I'm sure that strategy works, but it seems needlessly risky imho). You already have Skarmory, a solid counter to Landorus-T.

Skarmory @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Roost
- Defog
- Brave Bird / Iron Head
- Whirlwind

I replaced Spikes with an attack move, because it prevents Skarmory from getting completely shut down by taunt. Next, trying to hazard stack with a defog user is counter productive i.e. it's hard enough to stack up hazards, but Defog immediately cancels many turns-worth of stacking in an instant! That would be a complete waste of time in battle (lol). Lastly the core doesn't need hazard stacking as most of its members aren't offensive, you don't have a spin blocker or a defiant user to deter hazard removal, plus the team only has 1 phazer to abuse hazard-stacking.

Gastrodon @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 112 Def / 144 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Curse
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Recover

This set can survive assaults from M-Diancie, Life Orb Alakazam, Life Orb Thundurus etc (Gastordon is 3HKO'd by all of them). A greater investment in its Sp.Def compliments it ability to also boost its Def. Water fall is great as your team is vulnerable to Gliscor and Thundurus. This set needs a cleric, because without them status such as poison and burns can really harm Gastrodon's longevity.

PS: You could play around with the team, and replace members with suitable cores e.g. the Seimitoad and Togekiss core (it comes with Stealth Rock, Nasty Plot and Heal Bell, which is great for breaking stall).

That said, you have a pretty solid team imo, and I wish you the best of luck on the RMT! Hopefully you'll get a better RMT than mine xD
Hello, thank u for the suggestions. Without HP ice i'm literally crashed by SD FF Garchomp which seems is a little more common these days, so i can't remove it. Maybe i will when i won't see him anymore. Spikes on Skarmory are important to pressure certain kinds of teams, that otherwise fuck me out. I was considering ur Gastrodon spread, i'll see. Thank u again, have a good day.

uh thunder wave clef and av torn are not manaphy answers fren idk where u got that from. Seeing as how rd mana just 6-0es this team the clef set should probably be some sort of sp def unaware clef, resttalk works as well as cm wish tect. I also think hp ice torn is really unnecessary on this specific team and a standard moveset would probably be much better. Cool looking team and gratz on the peak.
Thank u man, Rain Dance Manaphy is a huge problem i agree, but Unawear Clef is pressured to much by hazards and status. Have a good day.

Hello there Nevi. First, I want to congratulate you on the peak, good job :]. Second I just want to say that good job using Gastrodon, that thing is criminally underrated. But other than that, your team has quite few weaknesses. Its main weakness is that it falls down to stallbreakers quite easily. Rain Dance Manaphy, Mega Charizard Y, Choice Band Tyranitar, and Taunt Mega Gardevoir. RD Manaphy sets up on a bunch of members in your team (Heatran, Gastrodon, Clefable, and weakened Skarmory) and then 6-0, 2HKOs Gastrodon and Clefable but OHKOs everything else under rain. Zard Y clicks focus blast and then proceeds to use it again or just click fire blast and something dies. Band Tar with rocks gets a kill every time it comes in and then it switches out of Mega Heracross. Finally, Taunt Mega Gardevoir wrecks your team 10/10 times. There's no way you can touch this the only way to win is to hope the opponent chokes and allows you to get Clefable a CM or two. There other glaring weakness that this team has is the lack of longevity. Status spam can do a number on your team quite easily. That's why, I recommend the following:

Make Clefable
Unaware > Magic Guard. This will significantly improve your team as it can be a back up check to many different things including opposing CM Clefables, CM Raikou, CM Keldeo, or Serperior. Adding Heal Bell > Thunder Wave also gives your team a huge boost in longevity. An unfortunate burn on Mega Heracross or a toxic on Gastrodon can be destructive, and Heal Bell will help in stuff like this. If you still want to keep Clefable as a wincon, then you can just put Moonlight > Soft-Boiled. Though you have to be careful as moonlight only heals 25% in rain so it can hinder your effectiveness vs. Manaphy. Changing the EVs to 248 HP / 204 Def / 56+ SpD allows you to check Manaphy nicely while still have good bulk on the physical side for boosting sweepers that Skarmory cannot handle.

Your Gastrodon and Tornadus-T EVs also need quite a bit of improvement. Tornadus-T prefers max speed to speed tie with opposing Tornadus-T and outspeed Aalakazam. Alakazam can be pretty annoying to this team especially withe encore, and LO Tornadus-T can be quite a bit of a nuisance. So, i recommend
160 HP / 96 SpA / 252 Spe which gives quite the bulk and the necessary speed. Gastrodon's EVs can be improved because with Curse you want to have a lot of SpD to help you initiate your sweep. I recommend using
192 HP / 236 Def / 80 SpD with a Careful Nature. 192 HP / 236 Def allows you to curse up alongside Charizard X to safely check it. (meaning Dragon Claw does 49.8% max to Gastrodon with this set) but it also gives a lot of SpD that allows you to do cool things such as live 2 shadow balls from Gengar after rocks or live 2 Psychics from Mega Alakazam without rocks.

Finally, I recommend putting
Talonflame > Heatran and putting
Stealth Rock > Spikes on Skarmory. SpD Talonflame can do almost all what Heatran does except rocks and bird check. However, Talonflame is quite necessary as it puts a stop to both Zard Y and Mega Gardevoir, both which can obliterate your team. It will make your team weaker to rocks but it will also give you a wincon, and not to mention, a solid Mega Scizor counter which your team lacks. Replacing Heatran means that no more rocks so just putting rocks on Skarmory is the play. No attack skarmory is not super bad but in this case it's a necessary evil.

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 248 HP / 204 Def / 56 SpD
Calm Nature
- Wish / Moonlight
- Protect / Calm Mind
- Heal Bell
- Moonblast

Skarmory @ Rocky Helmet
Impish Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- Stealth Rock
- Whirlwind

Gastrodon @ Leftovers
EVs: 192 HP / 236 Def / 80 SpD
Careful Nature
- Scald
- Curse
- Recover
- Earthquake

EVs: 160 HP / 96 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Hurricane
- Hidden Power Ice

Talonflame @ Leftovers
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpD / 8 Spe
Careful Nature
- Will-o-Wisp / Taunt
- Bulk Up
- Roost
- Brave Bird
The Gastrodon spread is interesting, maybe i'll use it. I cannot put Unawear Clef because is pressured to much by status moves and hazards, i tried but it didn't work out. I'm considering ur spread of Tornadus. I cannot put Tflame over Heatran because Tlame need to be check, and also i don't want to break the sinergy. Appreciate, good day to u.

Hi, this is an interesting team. My changes to it will be minimal.

For a start, seeing as Mega Medicham is pretty much everywhere now, you could try running 252/216 def bold clef, which will let it take 2 Adamant Mega Medicham HJKs on the switch in:
252+ Atk Pure Power Mega Medicham High Jump Kick vs. 252 HP / 216+ Def Clefable: 177-208 (44.9 - 52.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
Also, it makes it a better switch in to Mega Lopunny and Weavile. This does worsen your matchup vs kyurem-b, but I think checking non zen medi (they tend to drop this in favour of elemental punches) is more important.

Next off, if Manaphy is troubling your team, you could run Clear Smog on Gastrodon, to reset its stats. I'd probably drop Earthquake for it, seeing as mono water stab isn't that bad and it keeps it as a wincon. +3 ice beam, and then a neutral ice beam won't ko gastro with the spread you currently have.

Finally, just some small set changes. If you want a better check to Mega Gardevoir, even though it is not terribly common right now, you can run Iron Tail on Tornadus. With 24 attack evs, U-turn + Iron Tail will always KO 16/8 def Mega Gardevoir:
24 Atk Tornadus-T U-turn vs. 16 HP / 8 Def Mega Gardevoir: 73-86 (25.9 - 30.6%) -- guaranteed 4HKO
24 Atk Tornadus-T Iron Tail vs. 16 HP / 8 Def Mega Gardevoir: 208-246 (74 - 87.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Ignore the fact that there's .1% missing, this is due to rounding errors in the calculator. The min rolls, 73 for U-turn, and 208 for Iron Tail, add up to 281, which is that Gardevoir spread's hp. I recommend dropping hp ice for it. If you do decide to keep hp ice, you need 28 attack evs.

Oh, and finally, I don't know if you want to revamp your team to deal with Char Y better, but try running 28 attack evs on Heatran, this will ensure it gets the OHKO on it with stone edge:
28- Atk Heatran Stone Edge vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Mega Charizard Y: 300-356 (101 - 119.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO
I very much appreciated ur suggestions, i'll surely take them in count. I'll need HP ice till Garchomp SD FF will stop existing, but i had Iron Tail before. I'm considering defensive Clef and i'll put the EVs on Heatran. Have a good day.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)