Micro Metagames General Thread

Expulso

Morse code, if I'm talking I'm clicking
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
This thing looks really strong - only Eviolite Bonsley and max HP Eviolite Munchlax really wall it (Mantyke dies to Thunder Punch and other bulky mon die to +6 Fire Punch). Even revenge killing it isn't possible, as Mach Punch at +6 KO's things that try

+6 252 Atk Magby Mach Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Elekid: 260-306 (112.5 - 132.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+6 252 Atk Magby Mach Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Riolu: 246-290 (111.3 - 131.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO

The only problem this set has that I can see is actually setting up. Also, Berry Juice might not be the best item, since they're not at level 5 asaik, Sitrus Berry is better I would think.
Wynaut can get Magby a turn of setup easily; also, one can break Bonsly's Sturdy with an SR from one of your own.

Also, as LC is at Level 5, why shouldn't this be as well? Only problem i can see is LC being hard to learn.

edit 200th post woo

Last edited:

canno

formerly The Reptile
Wynaut can get Magby a turn of setup easily; also, one can break Bonsly's Sturdy with an SR from one of your own.

Also, as LC is at Level 5, why shouldn't this be as well? Only problem i can see is LC being hard to learn.
It would make sense for this to be LC, but the OP of the cup didn't say that. Also, Bonsley doesn't need Sturdy to beat Magby
+6 252 Atk Magby Mach Punch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Bonsly: 122-144 (40.1 - 47.3%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
+6 252 Atk Magby Mach Punch vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Eviolite Bonsly: 170-200 (55.9 - 65.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
0 Atk Bonsly Stone Edge vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Magby: 384-452 (166.2 - 195.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO

You are correct about Wynaut though. Even then it's pretty easy to set-up on things like Togepi without something like Ancient Power or something.

Ad yes, I agree that Level 5 makes more sense for this cup. I only say that because the OP for this didn't say that everything is level 5. Probably an oversight though.

Expulso

is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
The Reptile

+6 252 Atk Magby Cross Chop vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Bonsly: 302-356 (99.3 - 117.1%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO

+6 252 Atk Magby Cross Chop vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Munchlax: 486-572 (102.5 - 120.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO

image.jpg

canno

formerly The Reptile
The Reptile

+6 252 Atk Magby Cross Chop vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Bonsly: 302-356 (99.3 - 117.1%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO

+6 252 Atk Magby Cross Chop vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Munchlax: 486-572 (102.5 - 120.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO

View attachment 8547
Oh right, it gets Cross Chop. Forgot it has a crazy movepool. Still, it can't run Fire Punch / BD / Mach Punch / Thunder Punch / Cross Chop, although I think I'd drop Thunder Punch for Cross Chop since TPunch only hits Mantyke afaik.

But yea holy shit Magby stronk

Expulso

Oh right, it gets Cross Chop. Forgot it has a crazy movepool. Still, it can't run Fire Punch / BD / Mach Punch / Thunder Punch / Cross Chop, although I think I'd drop Thunder Punch for Cross Chop since TPunch only hits Mantyke afaik.

But yea holy shit Magby stronk
Yeah magby basically destroys the meta. You can hardly even wear it down with Fake Out, as Flame Body gives it a 30% burn chance whenever it's Faked Out (well, technically, hit by a contact move) Also, it's so fast that it can afford to only have enough speed to outspeed Riolu, therefore allowing it to invest more in Defense and HP.

oh yeah elekid/riolu/magby/bonsly/wynaut/tyrogue is basically the only (offensive) team.

252+ Atk Guts Tyrogue Fake Out vs. 92 HP / 88 Def Magby: 61-72 (24 - 28.3%) -- 94.8% chance to 4HKO

Tyrogue can also stop hazards from going up with Fake Out / Guts HJK!

perplexingpool

Banned deucer.
To those saying that there are no hazard removers, Tyrogue gets Rapid Spin. Not that Tyrogue is good or anything, but its worth mentioning.

Oh, I meant the defaut level to be 5. Oops. I'll edit it in. I haven't considering banning anything yet, but Magby seems like a monster, and Eviolite might need a ban in combination with certain mons if it comes to that.

Expulso

To those saying that there are no hazard removers, Tyrogue gets Rapid Spin. Not that Tyrogue is good or anything, but its worth mentioning.
Tyrogue can just stop them from going up with Fake Out / (Guts Boost) HJK, and is actually surprisingly decent in this meta.

More observations:
- This meta is very Physically oriented, with Magby, Elekid, Munchlax and Riolu hitting the meta hard.
- Smoochum could work like Jynx in NU, as only Elekid and Magby outspeed it; it is also the best sleeper, though Magby can absorb sleep with Vital Spirit.

Omg Magby stop

Guys, what is Fishmons?
I've tried searching the forum but I can't find any thread about it.
It seems everyone is ignoring this comment.
It's true though. What happened to Fishmons?

Btw, it is a micro metagame where only Fish are allowed. (E.g. Magikarp, Huntail etc.)

I was oversimpliflying it, since there some pokemon can tank that shadow ball once but the meta would be dominated by Gengar, Aegislash & Spiritomb

Arhops

Professor Layton's Little Brother
is a Smogon Discord Contributor
Approved by Arcticblast and The Immortal

Art by Andrew
Fossilmons!

In this meta you can only use Fossils Pokemon! Thats actually it.

What makes this meta game fun is typing. Water types seem like they'd rule the meta right? Well Cradily gets Storm Drain. How do you get rid of Cradily? Aurorus. How do you remove Aurorus? Tyrantrum gets brick break. How to remove Tyrantrum? Kill it with water! How to deal with water? Cradily!

RULES:
Code:
No Pokemon that don't come as fossils
No Genesect even though he is thought to be a Kabutops
Species Clause Applies
OHKO Clause Applies
Sleep Clause Applies
Aerodactyl
Aerodactyl-Mega
Amaura
Anorith
Archen
Archeops
Armaldo
Aurorus
Bastiodon
Carracosta
Cradily
Cranidos
Kabuto
Kabutops
Lileep
Omanyte
Omastar
Rampardos
Shieldon
Tirtouga
Tyrantrum
Tyrunt

Dact is gonna wreck faces all hail lord helix carracosta will also be a threat with the really good sturdy+weakness policy set and it is kind of funny how every mon is weak to fighting, kabutops gets superpower and brick break.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)