Mienshao QC 2/3

Limitless

Success is the best revenge.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Fake Out should be added to the Life Orb set. Every set you have should at least have Adamant slashed after Jolly. I know most of you don't like it, but I use Adamant every time, even on Choice Band Mienshao. Lastly, you should definitely add Choice Band Mienshao, which is highly underrated. And when you put the Choice Band set, make sure to at least slash Fake Out. I know Choice Band Fake Out sounds dumb, but it's actually really helpful.

edit: And you should at least slash Reckless on the Life Orb set, as some teams don't really need Regenerator.

I'm not gonna let this be approved if ScarfShao is the first set listed, just saying .–.

Also I kinda feel like BP Shao should be more than OO mention because it's pretty freaking cool.

I don't like Fake Out Shao because it's piss weak, but whatever I guess.

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Elaborate on why Aerial Ace is listed, although I prefer HP Ice on it as it has better coverage and it DOES have base 95 SpA after all.
I'd say Regen is better on the scarf set as you will be using U-Turn mostly anyway.
Slash Reckless on the LO set and rename it "Physical Attacker"
A set I've been trying out is All Out Attacker due to its good mixed attacking stats:

All Out Attacker
move 1: High Jump Kick
move 2: Grass Knot
move 3: Knock Off
move 4: Hidden Power Ice / U-turn
ability: Regenerator / Reckless
item: Life Orb
evs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
nature: Hasty

Grass Knot hits Gastro, Swampy and Quag hard. HP Ice hits Flygon and Gligar hard, OHKOing them both. The EVs 2HKO specially defensive Gastrodon 100% of the time. Reckless can be used as you don't have too much attack without full investment, but Regenerator is preferred, especially if you have U-Turn, as only one move is boosted by Reckless.

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Naive is better as the only things Mienshao should be taking are priority ones, and those are all physical. HP Ice is not so good this gen as Gligar really really doesn't want you to Knock Off its Eviolite. Grass Knot hits what exactly? Slowbro and Hippowdon? I actually like your set, it's kinda cool, but you need to explain why going mixed achieves something and what each move entails. Life Orb goes hand in hand with Regenerator, Reckless is really only an option on Scarf or Band :)
I just picked the first +speed nature that wasn't Jolly or Timid that came into my head, so it should probably be Naive (not sure if that gives a SpA boost to PoryZ or not, but w/e). The purpose of Grass Knot was to hit Gastro, Quag and Swampy (as I stated in my post), and Gligar can come in rather easily with a little prediction, which is why HP Ice is rather good to catch it off guard when it predicts HJK or U-turn as Mien usually run Scarf or Physical Attacker. HP Ice also hits Flygon harder than any other move, so that is another target - especially bulkier ones with Defog, should that be necessary.

Reckless is kind of necessary as it is what makes the scarf set a powerful revenge killer and OHKOing Flygon with HJK is amazing

Reckless is kind of necessary as it is what makes the scarf set a powerful revenge killer and OHKOing Flygon with HJK is amazing
Naahh it's not necessary. I personally find Regenerator Scarf Mien to be a fine revenge killer, still being extremely powerful. It's also nice to be able to actually switch into attacks as well as make up for a HJK miss, something that Reckless can't do. Though, like you've said, Reckless is usually the preferred ability.

Eduardo2013

Banned deucer.
As state above low kick can be mentioned in other options for the safe bet of OHKO on rhyperior and I believe it is a 2HKO on hippowdon.

Reckless boosted high jump kicks allow mienshao to break through almost everything, low kick simply put doesnt pack that punch and at that point you might as well not run mienshao at all. Case in point, cb reckless hjk always 2hko hippowdon, cb low kick will never 2hko. Its not even worthy of a slash on scarf because of its variable damage that kills the entire point of trying to clean with shao. For example:

252 Atk Reckless Mienshao High Jump Kick vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Infernape: 328-387 (111.9 - 132%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252 Atk Mienshao Low Kick (80 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Infernape: 169-199 (57.6 - 67.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Basically low kick is horrible and should never be used under any situation.

PISTOLERO

I come to bury Caesar, not to praise him.
RIP MIENSHAO

srsly though Fletchinder is amazing and checks so much in UU, I've mentioned the amazing firebird on so many analyses :) and it has an analysis, no?

This is a tad bit outdated. So Mega Man in team options is gone. You can mention aerial ace also hits Chesnaught, not just hera. In C&C, remove garde since its gone.

I would def rearrange C&C to look something like this:

**Fairy types**: Florges, Aromatisse (even granbull is really solid check)

**Bulky Poison types**: Weezing, Nidoqueen, Amoonguss, Crobat, Qwil

**Physical Walls**: Gligar, Tangrowth, Hippowdon, Slowbro, Suicune, Chesnaught

**Status**: Sableye, Arcanine, Mega Banette all burn. Twave cripples it, poison can wear it down

Maybe you can mention Fletch too, idk. Most other flying types are hit by stone edge though.

Probably also remove Jellicent since:

252 Atk Life Orb Mienshao Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Jellicent: 359-424 (88.8 - 104.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

Cofag is kinda similar, but takes a bit less.

Anyway this is p good stuff, nice work.

Reckless needs to be slashed on the LO/CB set rather than mentioned in Other Options. I've been using reckless banded Mienshao and even with a Jolly nature it OHKO's basically the entire tier and with SR literally nothing is safe.

Strong pursuit users like Krookodile and Honchkrow deserve mention in team options as they can eliminate any ghosts running around immune to HJK and any psychic types resistant to it(although only Slowbro can truly stomach one) and get a moxie boost at the same time. Krookodile in particular since it out-speeds all common ghosts in the tier I'm pretty sure.

Wish passers like Blissey and Florges for example should be mentioned for Wish and Heal Bell support allowing for Mienshao to reek more havoc on the entire tier.

Sticky Web should also be mentioned especially for this set allowing Mienshao to sweep and destroy most scarfers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)