Mighty Dragon Dancing Duo

Hey I have built another team please rate it :).I really like this team and it has been working out well for the most part. Anyway I'm going to skip the boring intro and go right to the team.

The Defensive Wall

Skarmory@Leftovers
Nature:Impish
EVS:252 HP/ 64 Atk/ 176 Def/ 16 Spe
Ability:Keen Eye
Moveset:
-Brave Bird
-Roost
-Spikes
-Whirlwind
I chose skarmory because this thing is the best defensive wall D/P has to offer.
But aside from that I needed a phazer who has good synergy with the rest of my team. I also needed a defensive wall so who better than Skarmory? This is the standard so I'm sure most of you know but Ill state what the movesets are for. Brave Bird is to hit pokemon who come in if I get taunted. Roost if for the necessary recovery move. This move greatly increases Skarmory's Tanking abilities making opponents get frustrated and Skarmory last longer. Spikes is there to accompany whirlwind meaning I can spam whirlwind and with 3 layers of spikes up not many pokemon are gonna like getting hit by them. Whirlwind is the most important move because it makes Skarmory a phazer which is what I needed. I opted for Leftovers over shed shell because I don't see many Magnezones on wi-fi or on shoddy. Skarmory wont like getting hit by any special attacks with or without sp.def EV's so I didn't choose any. This pokemon has great synergy with Latias who just happens to be a great Sp.Def tank. Also since Skarm's 2 weaknesses are fire and electric which are mainly special attacks Latias can take them very well considering they are not very effective against it. This is my defensive wall letting me take any phsyical moves my opponents may throw at me.
Synergy
Fire-Tyranitar,Gyarados,Latias
Electric-Electivire,Latias

The Special Tank
Latias@leftovers
Nature:Timid
EVS:128 HP/ 128 SpA/ 252 Spe
MoveSet:
-Calm Mind
-Recover
-Dragon Pulse
-HP Fire
I chose the defensive CM because I needed a more bulky version of Latias. After a few calm minds it can actually be a fearsome sweeper.(well not really :p) Anyway it can hit quite hard after 2 calm minds. But the more important aspect is that it becomes a damn good special defensive tank. What is often over looked about Latias is its great Sp.Def stat a base 130 is nothing to scoff at. Coupled with a base 110 speed it can recover before most foe pokemon can finish you off.With a base 110 Sp.Atk it can hit hard to go with the good speed and sp.def making this pokemon an absolute beast. This pokemon isn't only Sp.Defensive though as it has a respectable 90 base def and 80 HP.Dragon Pulse is the main attacking move as it is STAB and has decent BP. I chose HP fire over any other move because Scizor would laugh in my face if my only attacking move was Dragon Pulse then it would either Pursuit me to death or it would just X-scissor me. So instead of letting it laugh in my face id treat it with a little surprise then instead of laughing it would me o the floor melting. HP fire could also help me against opposing steel types who cause Latias trouble. Latias has outstanding synergy with Skarmory has the only weakness Skarmory does not resist is Ice.
Synergy
Bug-Gyarados,Skarmory, Empoleon
Ghost-Tyranitar,Skarmory, Empoleon
Ice-Empoleon
Dragon-Skarmory, Empoleon
Dark-Tyranitar,Skarmory,Empoleon
The Special Sweeper

Empoleon@Petaya Berry
Nature:Modest
EVS:12 HP/ 12 Def/ 252 SpA/ 232 Spe
MoveSet:
-Agility
-Substitute
-Surf
-Ice Beam
OMG A SWEEPING PENGUIN!!!!!!!!! They should call it empwneon cuz that is what this does pwn. Ok aside from that I love this thing I needed a Special based sweeper that was immune to sand storm and had good synergy I scourged through the OU pokemon and thought Empoleon. I chose the sub-petaya set because few things can stop it and I personally think its the only set worthy of Empoleon. Also with spikes up this set greatly benefits so this is the set for me. Here is what you do when using this set on the switch either sub up or agility. After that you keep attacking till your sub breaks or if you didnt sub or its already broken just sub up again until your petaya berry activates. After that just sweep and I'm pretty sure you will since Empoleon is not very much effected by the 2 main priority moves Ice Shard and bullet punch. Its also not effected much by sucker punch. However you have to watch out for Vacuum Wave and Mach Punch but they are not very common so I think its fine. Surf will basically pwn as STAB plus max specialt attack plus torrent plus petaya berry boost = DEATH!. Chose Ice beam over grass knot because I think I'm not gonna like the common Salamence and since I have spikes support Swampert wont live long from a neutral surf. This pokemon has a whole plethora of resistances so it helped with my synergy a lot.
Synergy
Fighting-Gyarados,Latias
Ground-Gyarados, Skarmory, Latias
Electric-Electrivire, Latias
The Super-Effective Beast

Electivire@Expert Belt
Nature:Mild
EVS:36 Atk/ 252 SpA / 220 Spe
MoveSet:
-Thunder Bolt
-HP Ice
-Cross Chop
-Flamethrower
Yup the thing noobs use with a Gyarados. And thats exactly what I'm doing here..........Anyway this thing is pretty underrated as a potential sweeper and wall breaker. It gets walled pretty easily by many things and other walls get broken pretty easily by this thing. For example Blissey will die to cross chop and skarmory will die to t-bolt.While Hippowdon will completely wall this thing. I chose the mixed because I find it is more fearsome and harder to completely wall than the other physical set. As some walls have outstanding defenses in 1 stat while having shit stats in the other namely Blissey. So this set is to exploit those weaknesses and since this has amazing type coverage it shouldn't be too hard. Expert Belt as this thing will almost get a boost on every move it uses from this without losing 10% health unlike life orb. I considered Life Orb but that increases Electivires already low staying power especially with entry hazards and weather while only giving a 10% more power boost than expert belt. Mild nature to not decrease either speed , attack, or special attack. So it reduces defense but electivires probably not gonna survive a physical attack move any way. T-Bolt and HP-Ice for a wanna be fearsome Bolt-Beam set. T-bolt for STAB and HP-Ice for great type coverage with T-bolt and Flamethrower meaning it covers 7 types which is pretty beast. With Cross chop it covers 10 types which is amazing. The reason this can function as a sweeper is because of its ability Motor Drive. So when I have gyarados out and I predict an electric attack I switch to Electivire who absorbs it and boosts its speed then I can prepare to sweep.
Synergy
Ground-Gyarados, Skarmory, Latias

The Leviathan DD Sweeper
Gyarados@Life Orb
Nature:Adamant
EVS:252 Atk/ 252 Spe/ 4 Def
Moveset:
-Dragon Dance
-Waterfall
-Stone Edge
-Earthquake
This is the 2nd part of the core of my team the first being my Tyranitar. I wanted 2 Dragon Dancing pokemon 1 being tyranitar as hes the main core and 1 who had great synergy with him. I found Gyarados and boy was I pleased. This thing rips teams to shreds after 1 or more DDs. Dragon Dance as it boosts his speed and attack and I wanted 2 of my pokes to have it. I chose waterfall for strong STAB it also hits the rock types who are super effective against him. Waterfall also gives a reliable way of damaging Skarmory as stone edge has a chance of missing and its not STAB. Earth quake wont hit it so waterfall at least can damage it some with 2 DDances under the belt. I chose E-quake over bounce because I can already damage rocks with waterfall and earthquake helps against electrics. And Stone Edge because my team has a lot of trouble with ice types since only 1 pokemon on my team resists them. And since Empoleon doesn't have any moves that hurt ice types greatly I guess this is the next best counter. Intimidate can even help me keep my other pokes alive since it lowers attack. The amount of types it resists that tyranitar is weak to is amazing. Resisting all tyranitars weaknesses but grass it is very effective with ttar. I am concerned that only 1 pokemon resists rock on my team. I chose Adamant over jolly because I don't feel the need for extra speed and most of the time I get 2 Dragon Dances anway.
Synergy
Electric-Electivire, Latias
Rock-Empoleon
The Star Dragon Dancer Owner

Tyranitar@Life Orb
Nature:Adamant
EVS:252 Atk/ 252 Spe/ 4 HP
MoveSet
-Dragon Dance
-Stone Edge
-Crunch
-Fire Punch
OMG MY TEAM GOT SWEEPED 6-0 BY A DD T-TAR!!!Thats what many a trainer say to me after I use this beast. This is the core of my team and my favorite pokemon with my favorite set of it. The rest of my team was built around it so of course it has great synergy with all my pokemon. I chose this set because I like the idea of being able to hit extremely hard while keeping all my moves and moving quickly. Even with out a dragon dance t-tar can still slaughter teams. Chose life orb because I want to maximize his attacking power. Since I play primarily on wi-fi I dont see as many Choice Band scizors and see more life orb scizors. Dragon Dance to enhance attack and speed letting me sweep. Stone Edge and Crunch for powerful STAB. The last slot is somewhat questionable. Fire punch lets me take out steel types namely scizor and forretress. However Aqua Tail could help me take out hippowdon and gliscor. I'm stuck on this guys could you please help me out on this one? thanks and rate away :)

pretty stable overall. You don't really have anything to deal with swampert here, so giving grass knot to latias/empoleon could help you out, as mixpert could be pretty devestating against you.

Well I got your PM and lets get started.

Skarmory-I personsally think a Fortress is better because it has toxic spikes which is well needed for a nice sweep with empoleon and helps your other teamates as well. I recommend a 252hp/44attack/212SpD Careful, Leftovers, Spikes/ToxicSpikes/Payback or EQ for steels/Rapidspin. This can spin take hits and not let you get walled by CMLatias by always 2HKOing a CM Latias. This will make sure that Latias will not be able to Recover while CMing some more.

Latias-Not much to say here. Awesome sweeper.

Empoleon-Same deal here a fantastic sweeper also.

Gyarados- I recommend a BulkyTauntDos because it can take more hits from Scizor as he can hurt almost your entire team with Super Effective Moves. Adamant Leftovers 156hp/72attack/96defence/184speed. DragonDance/Taunt/Waterfall/Stone edge. With this set you can stop things like WoW and Thunderwave and then set up. If Skarmory/Fortress dies for some reason early this can take hits from Scizor's moves. With Sandstorm and Life Orb you are taking a chunk of your HP each turn of attacking so I recommend a bulkier spread like that one.

DDTyranitar-You can also have a Babiri Berry if you find Scizors are ruining your sweep or opt for a more Bulky Spread. Also you can move some Attack and HP into that SpA stat and run Ice Beam. I recommend switching it over with Crunch. If you are going to use Babiri Berry keep the Fire Punch. If you don't and stay with Life Orb replace Fire Punch with Ice Beam. Something like a 116Attack/144SpA/248Speed with a Naive Nature is good. Then you can use DragonDance/Stone Edge/Fireblast/Icebeam.

Electivire- This thing is kinda useless on this team. I know you have 2-3 electric weaknesses but still. This thing is weak and redundant as you already have 2DD sweepers and a Special Sweeper already. This can be used for something like a ScarfTyranitar that can destroy your team. You could use ScarfMixApe because it is fast and it comes in on a pursuit it can scare it out. That is probably not the best counter but you know what I mean?

Anyway good luck with this team and I hope I helped. Also sorry for the 1day lateness.

on t-tar i would use Babiri berry. if you still dont want to, use EQ/aqua tail over firepunch because youll lose to scizor anyhow.

also, you lack a stealthrocker so i would add that onto skarmory over bb

Hi got your PM!

The first thing I noticed is that Scizor can pose a threat to this team. Scizor can weaken your team so much that it won't do that much to incoming sweepers.. Scizor. BP on Ttar, unless you'll use Babiri as the above poster mentioned, Trapping Latias, Superpower on Empoleon and U-turn on your whole team. So, I want to suggest using Babiri berry on your Tyranitar. Yes, you've swept many teams with no problem but with Scizor around, Tyranitar's fun will be ruined.

You can also use Foretress as a replacement to Skarmory. It has Spikes and SR, Gyro Ball and Explosion or Rapid Spin. It removes 1 electric weakness which is pretty nice and adds a Rapid Spinner or Explosion, Gyro Ball hurts you know. Also, what's with the 16 EV's? Still thinking to outspeed Rhyperior? Rhyperior's UU so no need to add 16 EV's, but a little speed is nice too. Lastly, you could also try DDmence as an alternate to DDgyara cause Mence is much more offensive compared to Gyara and it synergies well with your Empoleon. I want you to try those. :D I hope this helps!! Good Luck!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)