Miltank

Does Herbivore grant immunity to ALL grass moves? Like grass status like Spore, Sleep Powder, Stun Spore, etc?
PJ_Graphix has already provided a quote that answers that question... Anyway, yes it does grant immunity to grass status moves like sleep powder, stun powder, leech seed, ect...

PJ_Graphix has already provided a quote that answers that question... Anyway, yes it does grant immunity to grass status moves like sleep powder, stun powder, leech seed, ect...
i'll just update the OP with that information on the description of Herbivore because the question is inevitably going to keep coming up even if i confirmed it on the first page.

Every grass move except aromatherapy.

Mandatory Roll Out set :P

Miltank @ Leftovers/Chople Berry
Ability: Scrappy/Herbivore.
Nature - Adamant/Impish
EVs: 136 Def 120 SpD, 252 HP
Moves:
~Body Slam/Return/Fire Punch/Earthquake (if it still gets that)
~Roll Out
~Curse
~Milk Drink

How to use: It's just CurseTank with Roll Out, fun to use and it can score KO's. A bit less flexible but it's possible hitting power is golden. Snorlax can do virtually the exact same job, but it doesn't have Milk Drink to ease up the process. Viable in OU just because of curse, but it can really work in UU.
Fun set that does Whitney Proud.

Seismic Toss is a decent option and is viable but i did not mention it as i figure with Scrappy she can hit almost anything for more than 100 with STAB Return or Body Slam. And to things she cannot hit with her normal moves, she can use her vast amount of coverage moves like Fire Punch, Earthquake and Brick Break for steels and rocks. Again, Seismic Toss is still very good move but i didn't personally make a set for it because I thought she had better options, but i guess i should give it a mention like you said.
One of the only reasons to use Miltank is for her actual attacking prowess. If you give it seismic toss, it becomes an inferior Blissey.

miltank looks like the opposite of blissey to me. lets not forget though blissey has a high base 100 spd. so it will work as a great toxic blocker.

miltank looks like the opposite of blissey to me. lets not forget though blissey has a high base 100 spd. so it will work as a great toxic blocker.
exactly, while Blissey cant take physical attacks very well, Miltank is much more bulky on the physical side, much more so with curse. but again Miltank isn't able to take special hits like Blissey can. they are 2 very different pokemon, only sharing a type, a gender and the fact that they have an exclusive recovery move with Milk Drink and Softboiled.

also miltank can actually out-speed something...

The only thing that can do 100 damage per turn to everything for sure... I almost completely forgot about this thing...

Miltank didn't get much this gen but she doesn't need much. Secure UU/NU Pokemon that performs well in her tier.

Here are some tried and true sets from gen 4 UU, and I doubt much will change for it in gen 5.

Miltank @ Leftovers
252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD, Impish nature
ability: Scrappy
Curse
Body Slam
Milk Drink
Heal Bell

Miltank's high defense means that after a boost, it can shrug off most physical attacks, and after two it's impenetrable to anything physical except for STAB, boosted Fighting attacks. Scrappy lets you hit anything with Body Slam, and if big bad (insert tank-like Steel- or Rock-type here) try to stop you, you can often just get to +6 and whittle them down. Can support the team, counter threats, and sweep - an all around team player.

Miltank @ Leftovers
252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe, Impish nature
ability: Thick Fat / Scrappy

Stealth Rock
Milk Drink
Heal Bell
Body Slam

Support Miltank. Makes use of it's good stats and movepool, and unlike most Normal-types, it has resistances.

Miltank @ Life Orb
4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe, Jolly nature
ability: Scrappy
Double Edge
Earthquake
Milk Drink
Heal Bell / Rock Slide / Fire Punch

Miltank is outclassed by many other Normal-types in terms of offensive stats, so if you're going offensive, make use of it's unique assets. Scrappy gives you nearly perfect two-move coverage, (it was perfect in UU except for Solrock and Lunatone), so take advantage of that to use some of Miltank's support options that allow it to differentiate itself, like Milk Drink and Heal Bell.

I'm pretty sure Fire Punch + Herbivore is illegal (DW ability + 4th gen move tutor)
Dangit. WELL, since you put it that way, the set could probably work out the same way lookin like this.

Miltank @ Life Orb/Lefties
Ability: Herbivore
Nature - Adamant/Jolly
EVs: 252 Atk, 252 Spe
Moves:
~Body Slam/Return
~Rock Slide
~EarthQuake
~Milk Drink

Works the same way, except you'd be hitting the Grass types with Body Slam instead of Fire Punch. Best part about this; if Body Slam blesses you with Paralysis, you can run ParaFlinch with Rock Slide.

I figure I'll bump this thread, since I just caught a Miltank on Dream World :D

The decision between Herbivore and Thick Fat seems really difficult to me. But the way I see it, if you're looking to maximize physical defense, then maybe Herbivore should be used. For example, you could switch in on a Breloom Spore (or, dear god, Bullet Seed) and outspeed and KO with a strong Return/Body Slam next turn. In addition, immunities to common support moves like Spore and Leech Seed help a ton.

On the other hand, a specially defensive Miltank might opt for Thick Fat...an additional two resists to common special attacking types are nice.

Just some thoughts.

alphatron

Volt turn in every tier! I'm in despair!
Immunity to Nattorei's common moves is nice. Immunity to subseeding is also nice. Even though grass isn't the greatest attacking type, a type immunity can give you that much needed switch in whereas a resistance may still lose you a pokemon anyway.

Kind of like those herbivore choice scarf zebras switching in on my victreebel in dreamworld and then outspeeding my since I'm naughty and critting me with nitro charge...

Wait, I'm getting off topic. You'll probably prefer herbivore more often than you'll prefer thick fat. Physical ice and physical fire type pokemon such as Arcanine, Hihidaruma, Blaziken, Infernape, Weaville, Tsunbear (ololo), and Mamoswine tend to carry fighting attacks anyway that a miltank without curse will not want to take.

Does breloom have mach punch? Don't switch in on breloom >_>
A physically defensive Miltank will take a Mach Punch fairly well.
I don't have a Gen 5 calculator but I used Force Palm (60 base *1.5= 90) which will have the same base power as Technician Mach Punch. It does 45.7% - 53.8% to a Max/Max+ Miltank.
However, a +1 Return with the same set will only muster 63.2% - 74.7% to Techniloom. So although Miltank isn't really afraid of Mach Punch it won't win the one on one matchup.

Miltank doesn't have access to Stealth Rock anymore, which is unfortunate for its utility.

Love Miltank, it's been one of my stalwarts on my team. I've been running with 252 HP/252 Atk/4 SpD, Adamant, Scrappy, w/Leftovers, Return/Hammer Arm/Curse/Milk Drink, and it's been doing great. People always assume it's going to be a defensive EV'd poke and try to get switches in on it, but even if they bring out out a fighting type, Miltank is pretty bulky enough to eat at least a few weaker fighting STABs, particularly with a Curse or three, and hit back like a truck.

Going to try dropping Hammer Arm for Heal Bell though, see how that does.

Scrappy is just an amazing ability.

If Herbivore activates multiple times then Miltank can probably OHKO, but I was assuming switching it in on Spore, in which case it would lose. Also if it switches in on Swords Dance it's probably done. And if it does switch in on Bullet Seed I can just go to my Skarm or a Ghost.
Yeah, Miltank shouldn't switch in to Breloom.

I can't find anything that says either way, but does Bullet Seed activate Herbivore multiple times? I thought that was what they were going for there.
It doesn't. Since it grants immunity to the move, it only activates once, unlike Broken Armor, that doesn't give immunities to anything

alphatron

Volt turn in every tier! I'm in despair!
Multi hit moves end the minute they don't deal any damage. So no. The first hit of bullet seed activates herbivore and then the attack terminates itself.

Miltank can win against Breloom if it has Milk Drink (stall Life Orb damage, net 3% health or so) and you predict around Swords Dance. At the very least it can act as a pivot to use with Shandera (come in on Mach Punch).

A little set I thought up.

Miltank@Leftovers
I really don't know about the EV spread. 252 HP/4 Attack/252 Defense
Scrappy/Thick Fat/Herbivore
Body Slam/Thunderwave
Zen Headbutt/Rock Slide
Swagger
Milk Drink

Scrappy is only if you want to hit ghosts with Body Slam. Body Slam provides STAB and Paralysis, although Thunder Wave can be used. Zen Headbutt hits Fighting types hard, and provides a chance to flinch. Rock Slide is a higher flinch alternative, Swagger confuses the foe, Milk Drink provides Recovery.

For the record, I was only using Breloom as an example. It'd be sort of lucky, too- Breloom could sub and then it's goodbye for Miltank. Plus, I didn't know that Miltank couldn't OHKO back. Derp :(

i've seen a swagger/psych up/ body slam/ (can't recall the last move) set. Not only do you induce parafusion, but you're essentially boosting your attack when inflicting the condition. miltank has the hp and defense stat to withstand a boosted physical attack of the enemy should confusion not take effect. milk drink is always there to recover hp though. it'd be risky using it on the mega-powered physical attack users there are in OU but highly rewarding if it works in your favor.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)