Miltank

Herbivore is a p hot ability. Finally something to counter those nasty Grass annoyers. Although nearly any Herbivore set needs either Fire Punch and/or Ice Punch unless Return does sufficient damage to Grass-types. (Does it? I don't really know. Haven't used Miltank much. I'll run calcs later. ie tomorrow probably)
Just a heads up to people who are addicted to seeing the words "its super effective!" scroll up on the screen, but a stab return has a base power of 153 compared to a supereffective fire/ice punch at 150.

Just a heads up to people who are addicted to seeing the words "its super effective!" scroll up on the screen, but a stab return has a base power of 153 compared to a supereffective fire/ice punch at 150.
Electivire is suuuuuuuuch a good example of this.

Anyway, Miltank isn't the best in the upper tiers, but I can most definitely see her as a top pokemon in UU.

I don't believe people aren't considering IMHO Miltank's best niche: Counter.

Miltank@Leftovers
Impish
Scrappy
252 HP 252 Defense 4 SpD
~Seismic Toss
~Counter
~Milk Drink
~Heal Bell

This works very well. I kill so many things with Counter (AND, unlike other counters, I have enough speed to milk drink back to health), it is easy to lure people to use fight attacks and then counter for the kill.

Seismic Toss is very good when you have no attack Evs like this, and I use Heal Bell for support, other things can be considered, like Thunder Wave.

Miltank has been one of my powerhouses for a long time now. And believe me, the best set she can run is:

Miltank
Ability: Scrappy
Nature: Impish
Item: Leftovers
Moves:
-Seismic Toss
-Milk Drink
-Attract/Heal Bell
-Thunder Wave
(252 HP Evs/252 Defense Evs/4 Speed Evs)

She is the Ultimate physical wall, and can even handle some special-oriented Pokémon. If you like having fun, the use the ParAttract combination to hax to death your male opponents, or if you prefer a safer option, stick to Heal Bell and fill a more supportive rol. Anyway, it works wonderfully in OU, so try it!
I tried combining this set with some of the others, and found an alternative that works just as well.

Miltank
Moves:
-Body Slam
-Milk Drink
-Attract/Heal Bell
-Block

This allows Miltank to combine its only attacking move with thunder wave, as well as adding Block which can be vital in some situations.

Hm.
I recently noticed that Miltank has been denounced to the RU tier, I have to disagree.
Why?

Miltank has been one of my powerhouses for a long time now. And believe me, the best set she can run is:

Miltank
Moves:
-Seismic Toss
-Milk Drink
-Attract/Heal Bell
-Thunder Wave

She is the Ultimate physical wall, and can even handle some special-oriented Pokémon. If you like having fun, the use the ParAttract combination to hax to death your male opponents, or if you prefer a safer option, stick to Heal Bell and fill a more supportive rol. Anyway, it works wonderfully in OU, so try it!
I've been using a set identical to this and it works wonderfully. Using Heal Bell, of course.

My EV spread is different (focused on both defenses and HP), so there's that.
However, after using Miltank in UU, I've found that it more or less stalls out the entire UU metagame.

I didn't copy it before, nor did I notice it before looking at this thread now, but Miltank really is a beast when you use a set similar to that.
Seismic Toss has no resistances, making it much more effective as a offensive utility than Chansey. It's no setup fodder; 100 hp hurts most substitutes in UU and is no laughing matter.

Of course, it has its faults (Chansey tends to be really annoying), but it can take Focus Blasts (reason to have Special Defense buffed) and strong fighting moves to the face. (reason why it's also a very effective mixed wall)

Basically, if you aren't prepared for Miltank, be prepared for probably the most effective offensive medic in UU right now. Yes, I'm even calling out Chansey as it can't go on the offensive quite as effectively.

Molk

Godlike Usmash
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I dont get why the curse set isn't as popular. Scrappy curse, heal bell, body slam, and milk drink makes you unstoppable if you find the right time to set up.

I dont get why the curse set isn't as popular. Scrappy curse, heal bell, body slam, and milk drink makes you unstoppable if you find the right time to set up.
Because Normal as your only offensive type isn't really ideal. And considering you can't do much until you get quite a few Curses under your belt, this set is kind of meh with base 80 attack.

And when someone says something like Phazing and Taunt, you can't say last Pokémon and team support as your rebuttal.

Taunt stops team support and leaves you with unboosted Body Slam only, which was the point.

And saying last Pokémon is just a silly argument. Phazing preventing anything other than Heal Bell as contribution to the team and possible Paralysis (since you're more or less unable to cause any damage) is not outweighed by Miltank possibly being the last Pokémob on your team. Especially considering that with only normal coverage Rock or Steel types will most likely take you right down.

Katakiri

Listen, Brendan...
is a Researcher Alumnus
Last poke and team support says otherwise
5th Gen is very offensive. If you're down to your last Pokemon, more often than not it's going to be because a Pokemon like Excadrill, Dragonite, Haxorus, or Thundurus got a boost against you or something like Choice Scarf Metagross took your Steel-type check by surprise clearing the way for another Pokemon and swept through the remaining members of your team. Miltank, Scrafty, Cloyster, all those slow Pokemon that need a boost to even threaten those Pokemon and find themselves SOL.

I've tried this myself and took it to the farthest degree, making a full stall team with Donphan, Skarmory, Blissey, Quagsire, & Jellicent and had Double Dance Haxorus as the final Pokemon. On paper it's Hell on Earth for the other team, but more often than not, I found that, all someone had to do was beat down Skarmory or Quagsire and there was nothing I could do to stop them from setting-up and sweeping unless I got lucky with Cursed Body.

You never want to be down to your last Pokemon. That kind of thinking is very bad. If you need a last resort Pokemon, slow is not the way to go normally. It's just not smart team building. There's just so much to deal with in this game that your last Pokemon & the 2 or 3 Pokemon supporting it, can't possibly deal with everything especially if you need all of them to protect your last Pokemon. A last resort revenge or wall Pokemon is always great to have, but a last resort set-up sweeper just isn't a wise decision.

Although that's just my experience with it.

5th Gen is very offensive. If you're down to your last Pokemon, more often than not it's going to be because a Pokemon like Excadrill, Dragonite, Haxorus, or Thundurus got a boost against you or something like Choice Scarf Metagross took your Steel-type check by surprise clearing the way for another Pokemon and swept through the remaining members of your team. Miltank, Scrafty, Cloyster, all those slow Pokemon that need a boost to even threaten those Pokemon and find themselves SOL.
Except Miltank won't be in a tier with most of those mons that you mentioned.

One of the main things is that Miltank does not have good enough special defense to function too well with a curse set. Something like Snorlax has massive HP and Sp Def, so curse to boost defense also just fits in perfectly.

Similarly, Suicune can run defensive Calm Mind because of good defense. Scrafty can run Bulk Up because of decently good Sp Def. Of course other pokemon can run offensive Calm Mind / Bulk Up successfully too, but with Curse, it pretty much HAS to be defensive because of the lowering of speed. Ferrothorn can run curse because it doesn't care about speed because it has decently good Sp Def. On the other hand, you don't see people running Curse on Steelix much even though it too has no business in the speedy department, because running curse is useless when opponent can just easily revenge kill asily with a faster special attack (or switch in as your curse).

Miltank has fewer weaknesses than Steelix, but it still won't be surviving more than 2 neutral STAB special hits probably.

I don't believe people aren't considering IMHO Miltank's best niche: Counter.

Miltank@Leftovers
Impish
Scrappy
252 HP 252 Defense 4 SpD
~Seismic Toss
~Counter
~Milk Drink
~Heal Bell

This works very well. I kill so many things with Counter (AND, unlike other counters, I have enough speed to milk drink back to health), it is easy to lure people to use fight attacks and then counter for the kill.

Seismic Toss is very good when you have no attack Evs like this, and I use Heal Bell for support, other things can be considered, like Thunder Wave.
Scrappy + counter is an illegal moveset.

fourth gen ability + third gen move tutor

@chinese dood.

you are underestimating miltank's special bulk. it is really bulky with a spread of 252/252 careful. it lives specs bug buzz from yanmega. thats saying something.

Yes in fact it does. Timid Specs Draco Meteor does 92% max to 252/252 Careful Miltank. Yeah, maybe I underestimated Miltank's special bulk. Might be worth trying out.

Also, @bluemon, I think you mean it is not 2HKO'd by timid Choice Specs Yanmega Bug Buzz (46.7% - 55.1%, so low chance to 2HKO after leftovers).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)