SS UU Mimikyu VoltTurn Hyper Offense By Socrates1o1

:Krookodile: :Mimikyu: :Mienshao: :Noivern: :Escavalier: :Toxtricity:

Team Concept
The team revolves around getting up hazards, continuously applying pressure and voltturning around with Mienshao and Toxtricity to go for a late game sweep with Mimikyu. The team got me to around 1600s and has shattered some dreams of people going for Jirachi reqs, but it is not perfect. If anyone has advice on sets or a change of mons, that would be greatly appreciated.

The Teambuilding Process

:Krookodile:

:Krookodile:
Krookodile @ Chople Berry / Rindo Berry
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Taunt / Smack Down

Krookodile is an excellent rocker for Hyper Offense. It does not only provide my team with Stealth Rocks but also can prevent Defog or a healing move from Skarmory, Weezing or Rotom-Wash. The combination of Earthquake + Knock Off provides good damage on almost any Pokémon in the tier.
Intimidate + Chople Berry ensure that you live ONE Choice Banded Close Combat from Terrakion. And intimidate in general prevents fundamental support for some of the slower breakers on the team, such as Toxtricity and Escavalier.
Krookodile's role comes down to the following: It gets up Stealth Rocks for continuous chip, making the lives of Mienshao and Mimikyu a lot easier. It provides utility through Knock Off and Taunt, which keeps rocks on the field and chips the fatter mons on the opposing team. Lastly, the ground typing prevents that the opponent can click Volt Switch freely throughout the entire game.
One could also run Rindo Berry>Chople Berry to help out with the Polteageist match-up.

-1 252 Atk Choice Band Terrakion Close Combat vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Chople Berry Krookodile: 235-277 (70.9 - 83.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

:Krookodile: :Mimikyu:

:Mimikyu:
Mimikyu @ Life Orb
Ability: Disguise
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Shadow Sneak
- Play Rough
- Shadow Claw

The second Pokémon that I added to my team is Mimikyu, which is supposedly the star of the team. Mimikyu on Hyper Offense can be an incredible late game sweeper as its ability 'Disguise' almost always guarantees a free Swords Dance and combined with Shadow Sneak and Life Orb, Mimikyu becomes quite strong. Keeping its disguise intact ensures that you do not auto-lose to Polteageist, which is one of the biggest threats to any Hyper Offense team that do not run Incineroar. Shadow Sneak can push a Pokémon just over the edge to faint and Mimikyu's Ghost typing prevents opposing Terrakion or Mienshao from freely clicking their choiced-locked fighting STABs.
Mimikyu's contribution to this team is to provide the team with Priority as well as a very potent late game cleaner, as it outspeeds the majority of the fatter mons in this tier and because it can usually get off a Swords Dance to double its Shadow Sneak power.

:Krookodile: :Mimikyu: :Mienshao:

:Mienshao:
Mienshao @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Regenerator
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Rock Slide

The team thusfar is relatively slow for a HO team. Mienshao functions mostly as speed control for the team as it even outspeeds a vast majority of other scarfers, such as Rotom-Mow, Darmanitan, and Flygon. Regenerator negates most hazard damage and allows Mienshao as a very potent U-turner to come back into the game. Mienshao forms the first half of my VoltTurn core with Toxtricity, as Toxtricity can easily deal with mons that hard counter Mienshao, such as Weezing-Galar, Skarmory and Mantine.
Mienshao's role on the team then is mostly speed control, but it can also be a very potent late game cleaner as most teams only have one or two really good fighting resists, which do not deal well with a vast majority of my team.

:Krookodile: :Mimikyu: :Mienshao: :Noivern:

:Noivern:
Noivern @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Draco Meteor / Hurricane
- Flamethrower / U-turn
- Defog
- Roost

Noivern has fallen out of grace for most UU-players as the DLC Pokémon are often chose over it because they pose a greater threat. However, Noivern on Hyper Offense provides perfect utility, resistances and its infiltrator ability helps out a tremendous amount versus Screens HO. I have opted for a max Spe, max SpA Noivern because the combination of Noivern's key resistances paired with solid damage output make me prefer it over bulkier sets. Bulkier spreads can help out with mons such as Krookodile. This Noivern Runs Draco + Flamethrower because it really helps out Mimikyu against steel types. Defog is a requirement on this team because if the opponent gets to keep their sticky web or rocks+spikes then it is basically game.
Noivern's contributes essential resists, decent speed control and Defog to this team.

:Krookodile: :Mimikyu: :Mienshao: :Noivern: :Escavalier:

:Escavalier:
Escavalier @ Leftovers
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 248 HP / 176 SpD / 84 Spe
Careful Nature
- Megahorn
- Iron Head
- Knock Off
- Close Combat

On any HO team, I prefer to have some sort of all-purpose pivot. Escavalier provides me with exactly that, while also having amazing coverage with its recent addition of Close Combat. The speed on Escavalier allows it to outspeed no speed Slowking, which can pose a huge threat to this team due to Future Sight, usually combined with a strong Fighting Type. Escavalier also helps with the Jirachi match-up (Which will hopefully be banned soon) and Knock off provides decent utility for the team, knocking off boots on Incineroars or Rocky Helmet on Skarm.

:Krookodile: :Mimikyu: :Mienshao: :Noivern: :Escavalier: :Toxtricity:

:Toxtricity:
Toxtricity @ Choice Specs
Ability: Punk Rock
Timid Nature
- Boomburst
- Overdrive
- Volt Switch
- Sludge Bomb / Snarl

Most of the team is physically offensive, which causes Skarmory to be a huge threat to the team. Therefore, the last Pokémon that I added is probably my favorite pokémon on the team, which was supposed to be Mimikyu.. Toxtricity fills most of the gaps this team has as it lacked a good SpA (no offense Noivern), it completed my VoltTurn core to get the necessary chip for Mimikyu and it can switch in freely to both Galarian Weezing and Skarmory - two big threats to this team. So far, I have found Sludge Bomb to be most useful, but putting Snarl on Toxtricity can help out with the Palossand match-up, freeing up Mienshao a lot.

Threat List
:Polteageist:
Polteageist is probably the biggest threat to this team because it straight up loses to polteageist after Mimikyu's disguise gets broken.

:Skarmory:
Skarmory walls a significant portion of this team and especially once Toxtricity goes down I do not really have a lot that kills it.

:Slowking: + :Terrakion:
Due to the offensive nature of my team, I have nothing to switch into a Future Sight after the opponent teleports on out into their usually Choice Banded Terrakion. If you play too passively around the Slowking then this combination of mons will slowly but surely pick the entire team apart.

Replays:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8uu-1174432557-b6nyr5mguzhdz7pdn9hyhl8ne0r6ah9pw

Import:
Krookodile @ Chople Berry
Ability: Intimidate
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Taunt

Mimikyu @ Life Orb
Ability: Disguise
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Shadow Sneak
- Play Rough
- Shadow Claw

Mienshao @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Regenerator
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Rock Slide

Noivern @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Infiltrator
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Draco Meteor
- Flamethrower
- Defog
- Roost

Escavalier @ Leftovers
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 248 HP / 176 SpD / 84 Spe
Careful Nature
- Megahorn
- Iron Head
- Knock Off
- Close Combat

Toxtricity @ Choice Specs
Ability: Punk Rock
Timid Nature
- Boomburst
- Overdrive
- Volt Switch
- Sludge Bomb

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)