Mixin' It Up - UU RMT

Well, once in a while I create a team that I reflect on and think, this is one hell of a team. I believe this team may very well either be, or end up to be one hell of a team. After some testing, this new uu team went around 15-2, so I would like to see your opinions on it.

The Team:

Yes folks, that's right. 4 1st generation pokemon, and 3 poisons. I thought I would try to mix it up as well as use some previous BL's that have been moved to the UU environment. I also wanted to create a team that is somewhat bulky but aggressive so that the opponent can't set up or lay Stealth Rock.

Arcanine @ Life Orb
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 228 Atk / 188 Spe / 92 SpA
Nature: Naive
- Overheat
- Extremespeed
- Flare Blitz
- Hidden Power [Grass]

I am using the mixed sweeper set as a lead. Takes care of some common leads such as Crobat, Omastar and Umbreon, as well as being able to be brought back in late-game to absorb a Will-O-Wisp and try to inflict even more damage. It really saves me a lot of trouble when it can 2HKO some annoying leads as well as get rid of bulky walls later. Arcanine helps me get an early advantage as well as show the opponent's team.

Muk @ Black sludge
Ability: Sticky Hold
EVs: 252 Hp / 80 Def / 176 SpD
Nature: Careful
- Curse
- Poison Jab
- Shadow Sneak
- Brick Break

Believe it or not, Muk actually covers my team's fire weakness. When Arcanine goes down or simply can't take a Nasty Plotted Ninetales, Muk can. He isn't even OHKO'd by a +4 Flamethrower and can strike back with a Poison Jab and a Shadow Sneak and get rid of the Ninetales. He is truly the only Ninetales counter on my team and any suggestions where I should put a Ninetales counter would be great.

Clefable @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 216 Atk / 68 Spe / 224 SpA
Nature: Quiet
- Double Edge
- Fire Blast
- Grass Knot
- Softboiled

I am a huge Clefable fan and will always be. This set is one of my favorites because it can just plow through unprepared teams and wreak havoc. Also with the ability to recover its Hp, Clefable is one of the staples to my team. It gets rid of the annoying Chansey, Steelix, Rotom, Weezing, Gastrodon, etc. It is my favorite UU wall-breaker and can put a lot of pressure on the opponent's team.

Rotom @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 Hp / 252 Spe / 4 SpA
Nature: Timid
- Thunderbolt
- Will-O-Wisp
- Shadow Ball
- Reflect

Rotom is another staple to my team, helping out Clefable to absorb fighting attacks as well as support the team. It completely walls Hitmontop, Hitmonchan/lee, Toxicroak, and other physical attackers that lack a strong Dark or Ghost move.

Venusaur @ Black Sludge
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 252 Hp / 4 Spe / 252 SpD
Nature: Calm
- Energy Ball
- Sludge Bomb
- Sleep Powder
- Leech Seed

Venusaur is another BL that I wanted to try out, and it fits well with my team. I use Black Sludge because the only two pokes that worry about it being double-tricked onto are Rotom and Arcanine. Anyways, Venusaur makes a great annoyer and can force the opponent to switch out constantly, revealing their team even more. It helps take care of annoying and bulky Waters as well as provide sleep support. It also helps force out pokemon who try to set up and Baton Pass teams.

Toxicroak @ Life Orb
Ability: Dry Skin
EVs: 4 Hp / 252 Spe / 252 SpA
Nature: Modest
- Nasty Plot
- Vacuum Wave
- Sludge Bomb
- Shadow Ball

I have literally been down 6-1 and won with this guy. He fits perfectly into the team, absorbing any water attacks that Venusaur can't take. However, I usually prefer to hide him until late-game so he can bust it wide open. Toxicroak helps lure in Steelix, Luxray and other pokemon with Intimidate, while they stare in the face of a +2 Special Attacker about to sweep their team. Once he gets his Nasty Plot up, he can OHKO the likes of Swellow, Ninetales, and other frail but fast sweepers. He can also use his decent Speed to outspeed and KO the likes of Clefable, Steelix and 2HKO Hypno and Grumpig. All in all, Toxicroak can save my team at times and completely bust games open in my favor.

So, there you have it. This is one of my best teams that I have constructed so far in the UU environment and I would like to know what are some of my other major weaknesses. I already have an idea who most of them are, such as Ninetales and Honchkrow but I would like to know what else can be done. Thanks!

Altair

just who is the coon?
You're right, this team is very badly weak to a Sucker punch/Night slash/Drill Peck/Superpower Honchkrow. It badly damages all of your pokes and has priority to defeat the ones that outspeed it. You should probably run Intimidate over Flash fire and HP Electric over HP Grass. You lose some late game sweeping potential through flash-fire boosted hits, but Intimidate is invaluable on leads and can make Ambipom's fake outs hurt less. Also, HP Electric still lets you hit bulky waters just as hard.

Well im not writing a full rate yet, but the first thing i see is the HUGE Blaziken/Moltres/Charizard/Houndoom/Enti/Tyhplosion/Magmortar/Arcanine weakness you have. Your only fire resist is a lead, and your other pokemon get OHKO'd by a strong Fire Move, minus Clefable who gets 2HKOd.

locopoke

Banned deucer.
The thing that stands out most to me, right when I look at this team. Is the fact that you have 3 Pokemon that are weak to Psychic moves, and none of your other Pokemon resist them. Something such as an Espeon can run right through this team. I would suggest maybe a Spiritomb or Honchkrow, in place of Toxicroak possibly.

Toxicroak isn't as awesome as you make him appear with this set. There's a 1/3 he won't even OHKO Steelix with +2 LO Vacuum Wave.. and he definitely won't OHKO Clefable. The same Vacuum Wave does maximum 57.84% to Ninetales, so even with SR Ninetales has the upper hand.

A water/rock pokemon might assist you with the fire weakness and also make life easier vs Staraptor. Kabutops has a good priority move and access to SD, or SR which your team could really use. I personally run a CB set with Aqua Jet/SR/Waterfall/Stone Edge. Just a thought.

Toxicroak isn't as awesome as you make him appear with this set. There's a 1/3 he won't even OHKO Steelix with +2 LO Vacuum Wave.. and he definitely won't OHKO Clefable. The same Vacuum Wave does maximum 57.84% to Ninetales, so even with SR Ninetales has the upper hand.

A water/rock pokemon might assist you with the fire weakness and also make life easier vs Staraptor. Kabutops has a good priority move and access to SD, or SR which your team could really use. I personally run a CB set with Aqua Jet/SR/Waterfall/Stone Edge. Just a thought.
I agree with your first paragraph, but Kabutops is really only at home in the Rain. I'd suggest Azumarill or Feraligatr. (Even Specs Slowbro/LO Milotic if you want offensive).

Vensaur doesn't do a whole lot outside of mildly annoy for your team. Toxicroak, while unexpected, is not as dominating as you say (as already pointed out by rkatzam). Muk, I would honestly replace with a Physical attacker, since Arcanine is the only real Physical attacker otherwise (I've tried that Muk set out myself, it doesn't work half as well as you'd expect, it doesn't even 3HKO most common steels at +1.).My suggestion would be Azumarril, but Feraligatr could work just as well (use the Dragon Dance set listed in the analysis), possibly even better thanks to its higher defenses.

I'm not sure about your amount of recoil damage, either. In addition to having no spinner, two of your main attackers pack Life Orbs. Indirect damage is going to stack up on this team really fast, Clefable being your only real respite. However, depending on how you change your team up, any number of suggestions may be in order, so I'll wait for your response before I suggest something.

Clefable @ Leftovers/toxic orb
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 Hp/ 252 SpD / 4 Def
Nature: Calm
- Cosmic power
- Thunder Wave
- Seismic Toss
- Softboiled

I think this set does more for your team than the previous set. It gives you a t-waver and can really wall well.

Bloo

Banned deucer.
Hello

As mentioned by previous posters, your team has a significant weakness to Fire, Ground, and Psychic attacks. You have two weakness' to Fire(Venusaur and Toxicroak) and three Pokemon weak to Ground(Toxicroak, Arcanine,Muk). Fire type Pokemon such as Arcanine, Blaziken and Houndoom can come in on something like Venusaur and proceed to damage your team. Any Pokemon that posses a Ground move such as Earthquake can also harm your team significantly. So, let's try to fix this shall we. To help with your Ground and Fire weakness, I would suggest using a Bulky water such as Azumarill. Azumarill will make a great addition to your team. Azumarill helps with that nasty Fire weakness and makes an excellent bulky sweeper. I would suggest replacing Muk for Azumarill. The reason I say this is because, like MapleSandwich already mentioned, your team is mostly specially based, a physical attacker like Azumarill will work wonders for your team. So for those reasons, I suggest using the following Azumarill set:

Azumarill @ Choice Band
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 168 HP/252 Atk/88Spe
Nature: Adamant (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Aqua Jet
- Waterfall
- Double-edge
- Ice Punch

Azumarill absorbs the Fire attacks that are aimed at the team, as well as striking with incredible power. Azumarill also provides your team with a priority move in the form of Aqua Jet allowing you to finish of weakened opponents. Azumarill is a much-needed check against Typhlosion, Blaziken, Ninetales and various other Fire types that are a massive threat to your team. Not only is Azumarill a strong physical attacker, however, Azumarill is also suprisingly bulky. It posseses 100/80/80 defenses making it a very durable Pokemon Ice Punch covers Grass-types, while Double-Edge covers opponents such as Milotic and Slowbro. The 88 Speed EV's put you ahead of Porygon2, Clefable and Weezing, so that you can 2HKO them before they can Status/Thunderbolt Azumarill. Basically, Azumarill helps your team combat Fire and Ground type Pokemon/Attacks.

It seems to me that you lose to heavy stall. Stealth Rock + Spikes take care of the majority of your team, and if said team holds a decent lategame sweeper like Raikou, I feel you lose. I know Toxicroak is one of your favorite Pokemon on the team, however, I feel a Rapid Spinner can fit the role better, and accomplish basically everything better than Toxicroak with the addition of Rapid Spinning.

This is from a theorymon perspective of course, so if the team is working without the need of a spinner, by all means keep the current design. However, from a pure theorymon perspective, Frosslass can set up spikes fairly quickly. It can set up at least 2 layers of Spikes on Arcanine since Frosslass is faster and can survive an Overheat thanks to Focus Sash or Frosslass can simply switch out and come back into the match later. Against a smart player, Stealth Rock and Spikes will most likely be set-up . Spinning away the entry hazards allows you to maximize Arcanine's life span, as well as deny residual damage from ruining your fun.

Thank you all for your suggestive comments! I am adding Azumarill over Muk, making Arcanine the Hp electric intimidate lead, and I am thinking about using Blastoise over Toxicroak as a Fire resist and spinner. Even though I am taking out Toxicroak, I would like to have more of a stallish-theme to the team just so it makes the opponent do more work to lay out stealth rock and spikes.

Well im not writing a full rate yet, but the first thing i see is the HUGE Blaziken/Moltres/Charizard/Houndoom/Enti/Tyhplosion/Magmortar/Arcanine weakness you have. Your only fire resist is a lead, and your other pokemon get OHKO'd by a strong Fire Move, minus Clefable who gets 2HKOd.
Muk isn't even OHKO'd by a +2 LO Ninetales Flamethrower and can even take a Typhlosion Eruption but other than that your right.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)