1. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Starters Hangout for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction and Hangout Thread, too!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

MKPP v5.00 Beta-3

Discussion in 'Archives' started by MetalKid, Mar 27, 2009.

1. MetalKid

MetalKid

MKPP v5.00 Beta-1 was released today over on sourceforge. It is at http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/mkpp/

The damage calculator screen is more of a beast than I anticipated, so that'll be in the next beta release, hopefully sometime early next week.

Let me know if you get it running because it is a little tricker to get it to work the first time than v4.00 was.

Thanks!
  2. cim

cim happiness is such hard work
    is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

Cool, I'll get this later today. Will the Metalkid damage calculator no longer have accuracy issues?
  3. StarBP

StarBP

Umm... What a coincidence! I released my "beta" (really alpha, but yours is probably an alpha version too) version this week, too!
  4. Archer

Archer

It's a bit of a hassle for every user to download a the SQL Server engine. The old version was fine with the App accessing a (pardon the pun) MS Access DB. Why the change?
  5. MetalKid

MetalKid

Mainly because the online site is SQL Server, so I would have to make big changes to convert from Access to SQL Server. Plus, Access just doesn't have the same programming power that Sql Server has, so I can do things a lot more efficiently. Don't worry, though. The online version will have the same power as the offline version. Also, when I'm finally done with everything, I'll probably go back and try to make an Access version, too.

Yes, when the damage calc gets released, it will no longer have any accuracy issues. I followed X-Act's formula to the T. :)
  6. Surgo

Surgo goes to eleven
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Smogon IRC AOp Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus

Have you considered using something similar to sqlite for the offline version? Installing a SQL server is really a show stopper for a lot of offline folks.
  7. MetalKid

MetalKid

Well, right now, making it SQL Server will allow the web version to be released much, much quicker. Ultimately, I'm going to go back and do an Access version after the offline and online progs are done to make it easier.

On that note, BETA-2 is now released!

Yep, this release has my first build of the DP Damage Calculator. Please note that all the Ability exceptions are accounted for. The data for Low Kick is messed up, so it will give inaccurate results atm. Other than that, it should be good to go!

https://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=191161&package_id=224436&release_id=674529
  8. MetalKid

MetalKid

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)