MLB thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Expert Evan

every battle has a smell!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
As much as I'm relieved that the Cardinals finally clinched their division, and were the first to do so, they need to peak at the right time like they did back in 2006 when they won it all. Any team the Cardinals get to face in the playoffs can certainly pose a threat if their offense doesn't take off.

So, how about them AL East Division leader, Yanks. Big shout out to everyone on the Yanks who did their part to come this far. Let's see how much further we can go.

On a side note, all NY teams won. =D

CONGRATS YANKEES! you too Robby Cano for 200 hits and 100 runs scored. Only SS and 2B duo this year to do so i believe

Yep, the last one was in 1978 I believe. Cano and Jeter looking tough going into the post season, but what I'm worried about is Andy Pettitte, who didn't look so good, but then again, he just came back from an arm injury so you gotta let him go. =D

Mets fan here.

Fuck my life. We need a complete overhaul for this team. Get rid of all dead weight, mostly Minaya. We need some big moves in this coming offseason if we even want to smell the playoffs.

Verlander just saved the tigers.
In other news, Adam Lind gets 3 Homers? Am i reading that correctly?

In other news, Adam Lind gets 3 Homers? Am i reading that correctly?
Adam Lind is a pretty good hitter =P
The Jays are 8-2 in their last ten games, and have won 5 in a row. Why couldn't we have seen some actual MLB play from them back when it could have led to October?

The Phils are 1 win, or 1 Braves loss, away from clinching the division for a third straight year. This team really needs to win tonight so that they can take a rest and get their heads on straight for the postseason. I'm concerned that holding the lead in the division for almost the whole year may of lead to some complacency here at the end of the season. If they can get their act together, I think we have a good chance to repeat since the team is stronger in almost all facets of the game as compared to last years. I will say this though, the NL playoffs should be a lot of fun to watch with the Dodgers, Cardinals, and Phillies all winning their divisions and having very solid, balanced teams.

Last Halladay start of the season is a 12-0 victory over Boston. Way to go Jays, hype us up for next year like you always do and then fail us again...

that sounds like the jays. but as long as cito and richardi are in charge we will never make the playoffs, ever. Prolly never even be in a race in the month of august

Expert Evan

every battle has a smell!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Chris Carpenter's first home run ever, a grand slam, was spectacular to see especially after the recent slump the Cardinals were in.

Cardinals are topping their division. You should be happy that I want them to get to the World Series and loose to the Yankees. At least they'll get recognition for being in the World Series.

So, how about them AL East Division leader, Yanks. Big shout out to everyone on the Yanks who did their part to come this far. Let's see how much further we can go.

On a side note, all NY teams won. =D
Fuck the Yankees and fuck the Mets.

Dubulous

I look just like Buddy Holly.
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
If the Yankees make the World Series it will be the lowest rated one in history.
Might be the least truthful statement in the thread. There's a reason why the Yankees are talked about so much on ESPN, and it's because people care about them. People that care about them will watch them in the World Series.

The Yankees have one of the largest fan bases in the league, if not the largest. You can bet they'll all be watching. As will the rest of the world.

Might be the least truthful statement in the thread. There's a reason why the Yankees are talked about so much on ESPN, and it's because people care about them. People that care about them will watch them in the World Series.

The Yankees have one of the largest fan bases in the league, if not the largest. You can bet they'll all be watching. As will the rest of the world.
80% of the Yankees fanbase are retarded bandwagoners who don't know shit about baseball. The rest of the 20% are typical dumbass New Yorkers. Also, ESPN only talks about the Yankees because everyone and their grandmother know about their hard-on for East coast teams, except for the Eagles and the Phillies.

Dubulous

I look just like Buddy Holly.
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
80% of the Yankees fanbase are retarded bandwagoners who don't know shit about baseball. The rest of the 20% are typical dumbass New Yorkers. Also, ESPN only talks about the Yankees because everyone and their grandmother know about their hard-on for East coast teams, except for the Eagles and the Phillies.
Nothing in this statement supports your original statement that the World Series, should the Yankees make it, will be one of the lowest rated in history. On the contrary, it would be one of the highest in recent history, considering the inclusion of America's number one TV market as well as the world's most popular professional team.

There are yankees fans all around the world..... hell even people in japan would be watching it. Most "real" baseball fans will watch the world series regardless of the teams playing. You are obviously very ignorant.

There are yankees fans all around the world..... hell even people in japan would be watching it. Most "real" baseball fans will watch the world series regardless of the teams playing. You are obviously very ignorant.
Most people in the world have Downs syndrome.

Rather, I think YOU have down syndrome. People have large support for their own team but they still recognize other teams even if they dont like them. You on the other are just showing bad sportsmanship and would rather your team use steroids to garantee a win

Rather, I think YOU have down syndrome. People have large support for their own team but they still recognize other teams even if they dont like them. You on the other are just showing bad sportsmanship and would rather your team use steroids to garantee a win
Why in the blue hell should I recognize a team that think they can just buy a World Series?

How did the Yankees buy a World Series? They paid money for their athletes. They deserve to win because the athletes getting paid are actually contributing and showing their best effort. Not to mention that the Yankees have a team synergy (Jeter and Cano, Texiera and A-Rod, Matsui and Damon, Pettitte and Posada, Mo and Posada, etc.) With their talent pool outclassing the likes of the Phillies, it's no doubt that they're going to the World Series.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)