Mono-Fighting

So my friends and I wanted to make mono teams and see whose would win. So, I proceeded to make a mono-water team, and it turned out to be really fun. However, it seemed too easy because of the amount and variety of water types there are. So, with that in mind I decided to make a mono fighting team. To see how the team came to be made, look here \/
First I realized that this was going to have to be a fast paced team. To score some extra KOs I knew I would need a stealth rocker.
Herego Infernape was introduced.

Next I decided to try to cover the only two weaknesses of fighting and so Scrafty was introduced to cover the psychic weakness. With his solid 65/115/115 defenses he became my special wall.

Now there was a need for a physical wall, and while browsing through the fighting types I found Polywrath who could be a solid physical wall/status absorber with a typical sleep-talk set.

With a hazard lead and two solid walls I decided it was time to introduce a powerful physical attacker, and what fighting type is better for that job then the mighty TERRAKION!

Now because I wanted a special attacker the obvious choice appeared to be a scarfed Keldeo and thus he was introduced.

Finally, to round of the team I wanted a Pokémon who could hit hard on both the physical and special spectrum, and with that a work up Virizion was born

Now my team looked solid with three musketeers prepared for battle and three others to support their might, but something caught my eye. Although I had one Pokémon immune to psychic there was only one Pokémon on the entire team who could resist (aka be neutral to) flying attacks. So Keldeo was replaced with the rarely seen nasty plot Lucario which I was introduced to by my friend on Pokémon online.

And without further ado my mono-fighting team

Diddy Kong

Infernape (M) @ Focus Sash
Trait: Iron Fist
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn
- [highlight]Fire Punch[/highlight]
- Mach Punch

Behold! My lead for almost any situation. Infernape uses his speed to taunt/set up stealth rocks first in almost any situation, and if the opponent predicts the taunt and tries to kill him the focus sash keeps him alive. Surprisingly he survives a good proportion of the time and is often used as death fodder or to come in and revenge kill with an iron fist boosted Mach Punch. Overall he is a solid member who consistently fulfills his duties.

Punk Star

Scrafty (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Shed Skin
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SDef
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Crunch
- Drain Punch
- Rest
- Bulk Up

Most fighting types don't want to take to any hits on the special side, but Scrafty is the exception. His 65/115/115 defenses allow him to take at least one hit switching in and once he has a few bulk-ups under his belt he is nigh on impossible to stop. At plus two, he can take on Conkeldurr and at full health can take a Choice Specs Latios Draco Meteor and OHKO with crunch in return. All in all he is invaluable because of his stellar defenses and immunity to psychic attacks which would normally tear through this team.

Frogger

Poliwrath (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Circle Throw
- Scald
- Sleep Talk
- Rest

Probably the most underrated poke on my team, Poliwrath is a solid physical wall and a check to most rain teams. Not only that, but with stealth rocks up she shuffles the opponent around with ease racking up damage and sleeping it off whenever necessary.

Foxy

Lucario (F) @ [highlight]Choice Specs[/highlight]
Trait: Steadfast
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Vacuum Wave
- [highlight]Shadow Ball[/highlight]
- Aura Sphere
- [highlight]Dragon Pulse[/highlight]

Lucario catches everyone off guard by wielding a special set. They often bring in Ferrothorn or some other physical wall in which I’m free to start to sweep. She catches most everyone off guard and she almost always gets at least one KO. She is also a solid revenge killer with priority vacuum wave.

Captain Obvious

Terrakion @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Justified
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Rock Slide
- Close Combat
- Earthquake
- X-Scissor

This is one of the most common sets out there. I needed a physical attacker as well as a lot more speed for revenge killing and outspeeding other threats. The set is self-explanatory, ‘nuff said.

Mr. Manly

Virizion @ Life Orb
Trait: Justified
EVs: 104 Atk / 152 SAtk / 252 Spd
Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Work Up
- Giga Drain
- Close Combat
- Hidden Power [Ghost]

The quad weakness to flying is a problem, but he more than makes up for it in versatility. He is bulky enough to switch in to many attacks and bulky enough still to set up at least one work up. Once there he is capable of sweeping late game after the team has been worn down by stealth rocks and heavy hitting pokes.

Problems:
• This team has been pretty solid so far but the occasional trick room teams are a problem.
• Also, Skarmory is a major threat. He can take hits and brave bird does heavy damage to most of my team. My only chance is getting Lucario in and trying to take him down with aura spheres. Especially since Skarmory is noticeably weaker on the special side

0.0 your first statement in the team building process, 'that with no rapid spinners available' is false, the hitmons get rapid spin. however don't let this worry you because fighting resists stealth rock and (good) stall is almost completely nonexistent in monotype.

In the lucario description you switch between he and she, not that this changes your team but it bugs the living crap out of people like me.

How useful is flash cannon on lucario? could psychic or shadow ball give better coverage.

Monotype makes choice items much more viable than normal. if a move hits their entire team super effectively or for neutral it becomes rather easy to sweep with only a choice item. This allows for more offensive moves period making room for more fire or electric moves to hit skarm and other problems.

going off of the last statement of adding more coverage moves, the only thing this team seems to be lacking is overall offensive synergy. There are no fire/electric/ice moves. this explains the skarm problem. has this team has ever hit a dragon team yet? it feels like a well played dragon team could tear this apart because you can't hit things like chomp or haxorus super effectively at all.

how important is it for infernape to taunt their stealth rocks? everything you have resists it

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)