Other Mono-Ghost Team

Out of all the game tiers, Monotype was the one that appealed the most to me, so I went ahead and created a Mono-Ghost team to use, as it was my favorite type. I have done quite some battles with them and I've lost just a few times. As someone new to competitive, and as this as my first competitive team ever created, don't expect much from me.

Lady Frost (Froslass) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Cursed Body
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Spikes
- Ice Beam
- Destiny Bond
The (suicide) lead, she does her work just fine. Taunt stops others leads from setting up their hazards and Spikes get some hazards of our own. Cursed Body has disabled other leads' only attacking move before, forcing them to switch out if used along with Taunt. Focus Sash makes sure she can set a layer of Spikes or Taunt the opposing Mon before fainting, and Destiny Bond so she can at least take something down with her. Ice Beam is there so she can act if Taunted, plus it has Frozen some opponents more than once. EVs go mainly to Speed along with a Timid nature so she can outspeed other leads, and also to Special Attack so that Ice Beam hits hard.

Ditzy (Rotom) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Fire]
Gotta go fast, says this little guy. Rotom's speed as well as access to Volt Switch makes him for an interesting Choice Scarf user. Most of the time I'll switch him in only to Volt Switch away to a Mon that resists any move I suspect my opponent will use, and Choice Scarf is there to make sure Rotom isn't outpaced before Volt Switching out. Shadow Ball is a good STAB move that hits most types for neutral damage, Thunderbolt offers a way to inflict Electric-type damage without having to switch out, and Hidden Power Fire is there for coverage. EVs go mainly to Speed along with a Timid nature, and to Special Attack to inflict as much damage as possible.

Tutank (Cofagrigus) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Mummy
Shiny: No
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split
- Toxic Spikes
Cofagrigus high defense as well as access to Toxic Spikes and Will-O-Wisp makes this guy a Tank as well as an Utility. Usually I'll switch him in to tank some damage and/or to wall opponents while setting down some Toxic Spikes, and usually he'll set down two layers before his health starts going low. Will-O-Wisp helps wear down bulky opponents and Shadow Ball is his most powerful attack available, however it lets him be walled by opposing Normal-types. Pain Split is Cofagrigus only way to recover health beside Leftovers, plus it can help take down healthy opponents. Mummy is specially useful against Mons that rely on Abilities. EVs go to HP and Defense along with a Bold nature to tank as much damage as possible.

Wicked (Mismagius) (F) @ Colbur Berry
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Nasty Plot
- Dazzling Gleam
- Perish Song
While originally I was going to choose Gengar, Mismagius' Special Attack as well as Speed made her suitable enough for the job, as I wanted to go for something different. She works as a Revenge killer that sets up as quickly as possible with Nasty Plot to take her Special Attack to threatening levels, and then sweeps until she faints. Shadow Ball is much more powerful after the boost, and is only resisted by Dark types. Usually opposing players switch to a Dark-typed Mon while she sets up in hopes to get her with a STAB Dark attack, which is when Dazzling Gleam comes in handy. Even then, Dark attacks are usually enough to knock her out in one hit, which is why Colbur Berry is there. Perish Song works as a last resort to bring someone down before she departs. EVs go to Special Attack along with Speed and a Timid nature to deal as much damage as possible before fainting.

Titan (Golurk) @ Choice Band
Ability: Iron Fist
EVs: 120 HP / 252 Atk / 136 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Shadow Punch
- Drain Punch
- Ice Punch
Golurk was a good option when it came to choosing a Physical Sweeper, as when equipped with a Choice Band along with Iron Fist, he hits hard. Shadow Punch is STAB boosted and never misses, and Ice Punch is there as my only way to deal Ice-typed damage after my suicide lead inevitable downfall. Drain Punch offers a way to heal itself and Earthquake is a very powerful and reliable STAB move. EVs go mainly to Attack along with an Adamant nature to dish out considerable damage, and the rest are divided between HP for more durability and Speed so it isn't outpaced by everyone else.

Stitch (Sableye) (M) @ Sablenite
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Calm Mind
- Recover
- Will-O-Wisp
Finally, we have the wall, who has won me the game more than once. Mega-Sableye is everything you would want in a Wall and more. I try to send him after a teammate faints so that he can Mega Evolve safely and bounce back any status the opponent tries to get him with, and him having Prankster before Mega Evolving means he gets to use any status moves before the opponent attacks, which lets him sets up with Calm Mind to boost his SpeAttack and SpeDefense. Dark Pulse is M-Sableye most powerful special attack (besides Shadow Ball, but that one would let him be walled like Tutank), which becomes very threatening after a couple of Calm Mind boosts, and Will-O-Wisp helps wearing down opponents. Then there's Recover so he can stay in as much as he wants. EVs go to HP and Defense so he can stop anything that comes at him.

And that's my Mono-Ghost team. So go ahead, rate my team.

Last edited:
...... hmmmmm, rotom is a rather weak pokemon in its original form, maybe switch in a trevenant or recovery jellicent which would look something like this:

Jellicent @ Leftovers
Water Absorb
252 Hp / 130 SpA / 126 SpD
Modest
- Shadow Ball (Ghost STAB)
- Scald (Counter)
- Toxic (Poison)
- Recover (Heal)

Alright I'm back. I got bored of being dead.
I usually use Rotom to scout and what not, and if I get Jellicent in then nobody would perform that role.
But maybe Jellicent's bulk could more than make up for that, so I'll try it when I have the chance.
Or should I try Trevenant? I feel like it has more of an offensive presence than Jellicent, but I'm not sure if that's neccesary.

InfernapeTropius11

get on my level
Hey there! That's a pretty cool team you have there! Here are some changes I recommend:
Mismagius-->Gengar
Both are frail, but Gengar is faster and stronger. Mismagius falls short of the crowded base 110 speed tier, and is revenge killed fairly easily. Gengar outclasses it in an offensive role. Also, what your team appears to build up to is a Mega Sableye sweep, so Gengar hitting fast and hard to eliminate some potential checks/counters is preferred. Here is a set:
Gengar @ Choice Scarf/Choice Specs
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Wave
- Dazzling Gleam
- Thunderbolt/Hidden Power [Ice]

Item choice is for more power or to be less prone to revenge killing. HP Ice is for Pokemon such as Landorus, and Thunderbolt is for bulky Waters.

Your team also seems like a hazard stacking team, so here is another set for Golurk that doesn't make your hazards useless vs. Flying:
Golurk @ Focus Sash
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Dynamic Punch
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake

This set is your best friend against Fire, which seems like a difficult matchup for your team. Stealth Rock really hurts Flying/Bug/Fire/Ice types, while unmissable EdgeQuake does a lot of damage to Fire types. Focus Sash to guarantee Rocks, full attack to hit hard. Dynamic Punch for confusion hax and coverage for Normal types.

Also, Hex is generally superior to Shadow Ball on Cofagrigus as it doubles in power if the opponent is statused, which is likely because of Toxic Spikes+WoW. HPIce is also usually better to hit ground types immune to your Electric STAB on Rotom. Other than that it looks good! I recommend you try out these changes, and I hope you have fun testing them!

Oooh, I love long comments.

At first I didn't want to use Gengar because people usually don't expect a Mismagius over a Gengar, but I suppose Gengar's higher speed and sp. attack can more than make up for the slight 'surprise' factor.
I'm not sure about having Stealth Rock on Golurk. Since I should have already laid down some spikes and toxic spikes, stealth rock feels a bit unnecessary. But then again, stealth rock is usually more useful than spikes and toxic spikes, so I'll see what I can do.
And about the Hex on Cofagrigus and HP Ice on Rotom, I don't know how I didn't think about that before! I'll give it to them as soon as possible.

Anyways, thanks for the feedback.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)