[Monoteam] Let's try Normal!

Uhm, so yeah, here I am. I never made a monoteam before, but it seemed a nice challenge to me to make one. So I decided to make a Normal monoteam, and with that, my challenge becomes somewhat harder since there are very few Normal dualtypes. Anyways, enjoy reading, and don't be shy if you see something to fix ^^.

Tha team.

@ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
Careful nature (-SAtk, +SDef)
EVs: 252 HP/196 Def/60SDef
Moves: Counter/Encore/Softboiled/Stealth Rock

Clefable lead. First I didn't like it, but someone told me to just try and use i, and actually it works great. Encore on set-up leads, Counter on a strong physically offensive lead and Stealth Rock to basically just lay down entry hazards. Softboiled is to heal myself, but it is kind of a filler move. I tried to make it as bulky as possible, with 252 HP EVs, and balancing out defences with each other to make it more flexible in use. Counter works really surprising on some enemies since they expect me to run Seismic Toss.

@ Choice Band
Ability: Thick Fat
Adamant nature (+Att, -SAtk)
EVs: 252 HP/252 Att/4 SDef
Moves: Earthquake/SuperPower/Crunch/SelfDestruct

Banded Snorlax. Does excellent work as a tank, and in a combination with a Choice Band it destroys once it strikes. Earthquake is my main attack and is just an amazing move, if not the best Physical move there is. Superpower deals with Ice pokemon and pokemon like Ferrothorn, Scizor and Forretress. Crunch is coverage and kills pokemon like Reuniclus and Gengar. SelfDestruct is a lost resort option, but once it is used, it devastates anything that does not resist it. You don't want a Choice Banded STAB Selfdestruct to the face. HP EVs for bulk, 252 Att EVs and an Adamant nature for power.

@ Life Orb
Ability: Serene Grace
Timid nature (+Spe, -Att)
EVs: 152 HP/252 SpA/104 Spe
Moves: Roost/Air Slash/Aura Sphere/Thunder Wave

Special sweepkiss. To be honest, this one somewhat dissapointed me so far. It does good, but not as good as I hoped it to be. Roost is a good healing move and I chose it over Softboiled to survive attacks like Stone Edge and ThunderBolt. With 104 Speed EVs and a Timid nature, it outspeeds Max base speed Jolly Tyranitar by one point and then kill it with Aura Sphere. Serene Grace as ability works very well with both Thunder Wave and Air Slash. In fact, if the opponent is paralyzed and you use Air Slash you have chance of 80% of stopping your targets attack. Air Slash is also my main attacking move and gives STAB, wich does nice damage with Life Orb. 252 SpA EVs for the power, and the remaining EVs are put in HP for more bulk.

@ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
Bold nature (+ Def, - Att)
EVs: 252 HP/252 Def/4 SAtk
Moves: Softboiled/Calm Mind/Ice Beam/ThunderBolt

Blissey as my special wall. I run her over Chansey because I run a Calm Mind set. If you play her wel, you can actually make a serious threat with enough Calm Minds (I even swept an entire team with her once). Calm Mind is to set up on Special sweepers, Softboiled to heal the damage she recieved. With the famous BeamBolt combination you can hit with her like a train, until your enemy finally starts to realise that he can just outspeed her with any Physical sweeper...... and is surprised that she actually survived that Earthquake. That´s what the 252 Def EVs and the Bold nature are for. Her SDef is already sky high anyways, and this allows her to survive some Physical attacks, providing your enemy has no set-up.

@ Eviolite
Ability: Analytic
Modest nature (+ SpA, - Att)
EVs: 252 HP/252 SAtk/4 SDef
Moves: Recover/Ice Beam/ThunderBolt/Tri Attack

Basically Snorlax counterpart. What Snorlax does Physically, he does Specially. Eviolite to boost his defences sky high, so it can really take a high amount of hits. Since it´s not that fast anyways, I gave it a Modest nature to do more damage. Ice Beam and Thunderbolt make for the famous BeamBolt combo, while Tri Attack gives STAB. EVs are basically the same as Snorlax, but with 252 SAtk EVs.

@ Salac berry
Ability: Gluttony
Adamant nature
EVs: 4 HP/252 Att/252 Spe
Moves: Belly Drum/ExtremeSpeed/Seed Bomb/Substitute

Yeah Linoone, you´re awesome! This thing is probably the best thing I had in my team so far. Yes, it´s hard to get a set/up, but when you get it, you can sweep an entire team. Switch into a pokemon that is locked in Shadow Ball, or an annoyer with no offensive moves. Use Sub on the switch, then use Belly Drum. With +6 Attack, STAB Extremespeed destroys everything in it´s way. Salac berry will be eaten, because the damage taken from your Sub and Belly Drum will bring you down to very low health. With the Speed Boost, you can use Seed Bomb on Ghosts or Rocks that would normally outspeed you and break your Sub/kill you. Adamant nature because Speed doesn´t matter when you run Extremespeed.

So yeah, thanks for reading, and if you know a fix, or a replacemen/fix for Togekiss, I´m al ears.​

You may have problems switching Lioone into choice shadow balls since you have a normal team and your opponent would have to be stupid to do that. One of the best ways to get him in is to set up dual screens. There is also the issue that steel types wall him, and even in non steel type teams there is normally a steel type of some sort (Genesect in bug, skarmory in flying, heatran in fire, Emploeon in water...). Plus ghost teams will cause him problems, some of the most popular ghosts are both fast and resist grass.

If you don't like Togekiss you should put a choice scarf on him and replace thunder wave with trick. I use him in my flying team and he destroys most fighting types once he's in. Trick also allows him to ruin the plan of several pokemon, including Renuculus, Shuckle, Dusclops and quagsire.

You may have problems switching Lioone into choice shadow balls since you have a normal team and your opponent would have to be stupid to do that. One of the best ways to get him in is to set up dual screens. There is also the issue that steel types wall him, and even in non steel type teams there is normally a steel type of some sort (Genesect in bug, skarmory in flying, heatran in fire, Emploeon in water...). Plus ghost teams will cause him problems, some of the most popular ghosts are both fast and resist grass.
How about Shadow Claw? (I believe Linoone can learn it).

If you don't like Togekiss you should put a choice scarf on him and replace thunder wave with trick. I use him in my flying team and he destroys most fighting types once he's in. Trick also allows him to ruin the plan of several pokemon, including Renuculus, Shuckle, Dusclops and quagsire.
I´ll try it, do I need to change the EVs as well?

Lioone can learn shadow claw. It depends what you need to beat, ghosts or bulky waters/rocks.

My togekiss has max speed/SAtk. You can vary it if you want though, it depends on how much you want to use trick. You could always remove trick and go with a pure attacking set with 4 damaging moves, but you won't get much better than the basic two anyway.

Most waters and rocks can be defeated by Porygon2, Blissey or Snorlax.

Togekiss has Aura Sphere and Air Slash, but apart from those two it has almost nothing. I consider running HP Grass on it to deal with pokemon like Gastrodon and Quagsire, because my team has some issues with this.

So it´ll probably be this:

4HP/252SAtk/252Spe
Choice Scarf
Aura Sphere/Air Slash/Hidden Power Grass/Trick

I also replaced Softboiled with Wish on Clefable to give it some more use after it´s done its job.

Any rates? The team is doing really wel right now, Its able to beat Steel, Ghost en Fighting monoteams. I still don't feel like Clefable is the ideal lead though, it gets KO'd to fast on a lot occasions, and thats what I do not want to happen. I dont know if its the wrong 'mon or the wrong set though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)