Monotype Monotype Fairy

Monotype Fairy

So, I've now made a team for each of the 18 types. This is one of the more successful teams I've created, mainly because I believe each pokemon has something different to bring to the battlefield. So, without further ado, here is my team.

The Team

AZ (Azumarill) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 92 HP / 252 Atk / 164 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough
- Knock Off

Azumarill is the physical powerhouse of this team. Belly Drum maximizes its Attack at the cost 50% HP, which is remedied by its Sitrus Berry. Aqua Jet is the STAB Water-type move of choice for its priority. Play Rough is the obvious secondary STAB choice. Knock Off has great utility in removing the foe's item while also having decent power and being super-effective against the likes of Metagross.

252 Atk w/ Adamant nature maximizes Azumarill's possible damage output. 164 Spe and 92 HP lets it be as fast as possible while still being able to take a hit.

100% Cotton (Whimsicott) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Giga Drain
- Switcheroo
- U-Turn

This set takes advantage of Whimsicott's often overlooked Infiltrator ability, which allows it to bypass enemy Substitutes and dual screens. Moonblast is its Strongest Fairy-type STAB attack. Giga Drain Has rather decent power and gives Whimsicott a form of recovery. Switcheroo lets it cripple stall sets and otherwise defensive opponents by leaving them with Choice Specs. U-Turn is used to gain momentum during the match.

The given EV spread allows Whimsicott to be as fast and powerful as possible. Timid nature gives Whimsicott max Speed. Choice Specs lets Whimsicott hit as hard as possible with its STAB attacks and, as previously mentioned, can cripple any defensive pokemon unlucky enough to get hit by Switcheroo.

Diana (Diancie-Mega) @ Diancite
Ability: Clear Body (Pre-Mega)/Magic Bounce (Mega)
EVs: 8 Atk / 248 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Protect
- Moonblast
- Diamond Storm
- Earth Power

The Mega-Evolution of choice, Diancie is yet another pokemon that can dish out some serious damage. Protect allows for a safe Mega-Evolution. Moonblast and Diamond Storm are Diancie's main STAB moves, with the latter having a 50% chance of raising Diancie's Defense. Earth Power is great coverage move being super-effective against Steel-,Fire-, and Poison-Types that can threaten other members of the team.

252 Spe w/ Naive nature maximizes speed without mitigating either of its offensive stats. 248 SpA boosts the damage output of Moonblast and Earth Power, and 8 Atk gives a slight boost to Diamond Storm. It's Magic Bounce ability makes useful in switching into predicted status moves and entry hazards.

Keyblade (Klefki) @ Light Clay
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Thunder Wave
- Foul Play

The main purpose of Klefki in this team is to provide defensive support for the team. Reflect and Light Screen provide extra Def and SpD for the team, respectively. This works especially well with Azumarill, as it can now safely Belly Drum with a better chance of surviving an enemy attack. Thunder Wave can cripple faster offensive threats that aren't immune to it. Foul Play does great damage to pokemon with higher Attack. Alternatively, Flash Cannon could be used for Steel-Type STAB. Play Rough can also be used with an Impish nature as a Fairy-type STAB option.

Light Clay allows Reflect and Light Screen to last as long as possible. 252 HP and 252 Def w/ Bold nature maximizes Klefki's ability to take physical hits, which works well in tandem with Foul Play. Alternatively, a specially defensive spread can be run with 252 SpD and Calm/Careful nature.

ClefUnable (Clefable) @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 172 Def / 84 SpD
Calm Nature
- Soft-Boiled
- Moonblast
- Stealth Rock
- Fire Blast

Clefable is the status sponge of this team with help from its Magic Guard ability keeping it from taking indirect damage from status, weather, or entry hazards. Soft-Boiled gives Clefable recovery outside of Leftovers. Moonblast is its most reliable STAB move. Stealth Rock provides a form of entry hazard. Fire Blast provides coverage against Steel-Types.

172 Def and 84+ SpD maximizes Clefable's defenses. The rest of its EVs go into giving it max HP, letting it take as many hits as possible.

Angel (Togekiss) @ Babiri Berry
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 248 HP / 52 Def / 32 SpA / 176 Spe
Timid Nature
- Air Slash
- Aura Sphere
- Fire Blast
- Roost

Finally, we have Togekiss.
Air Slash is its best Flying-type STAB move with its flinch rate raised to 60% thanks to Serene Grace. Aura Sphere and Fire Blast have combined coverage against several pokemon types, including 3 of its weaknesses - Steel, Ice, and Rock. Roost is Togekiss's form of recovery.

248 EVs in HP bring Togekiss to and odd 373 HP, minimizing Stealth Rock damage. 52 Def increases its overall bulk. 32 EVs are put in SpA to give its attacks a slight boost. The rest of its EVs are put into Speed, making it as fast as possible. Its Babiri Berry allow it to take a Steel-type attack and act accordingly.

Closing

Thanks for taking a look at my team. If you see any flaws, obvious or not, or any way in which to improve the team, please let me know. Any feedback is appreciated. Thanks a bunch!

Importable

AZ (Azumarill) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 92 HP / 252 Atk / 164 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough
- Knock Off

100% Cotton (Whimsicott) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Infiltrator
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Giga Drain
- Switcheroo
- U-turn

Diana (Diancie-Mega) @ Diancite
Ability: Clear Body
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 8 Atk / 248 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Protect
- Moonblast
- Diamond Storm
- Earth Power

Keyblade (Klefki) @ Light Clay
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Reflect
- Thunder Wave
- Light Screen
- Foul Play

CelfUnable (Clefable) (F) @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled
- Stealth Rock
- Fire Blast

Angel (Togekiss) @ Babiri Berry
Shiny: Yes
Timid Nature
- Air Slash
- Aura Sphere
- Fire Blast
- Roost

Hey, nice team, just going to drop a few quick suggestions.

Clefable EVs to 252HP/252+Def

Seeing how Clefable is your dedicated tank and rock setter I can understand your spread but 252 Def makes it capable of taking on the likes of Mega Swampert and Mega Scizor behind a Reflect which is much appreciated.

Togekiss SpAtk to 72

Aura Sphere hits really one thing and that is Heatran. This EV spread allows you to 2HKO Heatran after rocks damage.

Whimsicott Choice Specs --> Life orb
Switcheroo --> Stun Spore
Moonblast --> Encore

Ok so the only niche Whimsicott really has is Encore and being able to paralyze ground types with Stun Spore so you should really consider using these.

Hope I helped!

Haii! I'll give u a rate.

• Whimsicott : like my mate vlmufa said, Life Orb is far better because it doesn't lock you into a move and allow you to use Support Move (Encore, Stun Spore). But i'll consider Encore and Stun Spore into Switcheroo and U-Turn.
  • Clefable : I personally think Clefable is more decent with a setup move, specially Calm Mind, so i'll suggest you to run Calm Mind over Stealth Rock, using this spread : EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD with Bold Nature.
  • Mega-Diancie : I'll suggest you changing Protect to Stealth Rock since your Clefable lacks SR. Protect isn't a needed move if you know how to play your team.
  • Togekiss : I would consider Heal Bell or Nasty Plot over Aura Sphere, Fire Blast is already suffisant to deal with Togekiss's main threats, Aura Sphere is just a filler move you can get rid of it. Then you have the choice between two helpful moves : Heal Bell if you want a support or Nasty Plot if you want to wallbreak some defensives cores.
  • Azumarill : Run this spread : EVs: 52 HP / 252 Atk / 204 Spe and Adamant Nature to outspeed be one point Klefki, it can be decisive in mirror matchups.

Hope i helped you.

Hi, cool team. I have a few suggestions that you might want to try out.

Non-Prankster Whinsicott is horrible and has no niche at all. Prankster Encore and Stun Spore is what makes it one of the best Pokemon on Fairy teams. I suggest switching its item for Life Orb, as offensive support Whimsicott is also an excellent set.
Whimsicott @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Giga Drain
- Stun Spore
- Encore
Next, I would suggest running Nasty Plot over Aura Sphere on Togekiss, if you decide to implement my earlier recommendation. Nasty Plot Togekiss is a great wallbreaker and should be able to patch up the lack in power from switching Whimsicott's set. It can also make it much easier to clean teams with Mega Diancie, as it can break through a lot of defensive cores.
Togekiss @ Babiri Berry
Timid Nature
- Air Slash
- Nasty Plot
- Fire Blast
- Roost
Finally, I disagree with MiyoKa's suggestion to run Stealth Rock on Mega Diancie. It feels as though you're congesting too many roles on one Pokemon, whose duty is supposed to be a fast late-game cleaner. Protect makes it easier to perform that role, saving Mega Diancie from its absolutely pitiful speed tier while non-mega. You could, however, try Calm Mind on Clefable, over Fire Blast, as Babiri Togekiss is a great Scizor check, and Clefable has the capability to perform two roles, being a Stealth Rock user and a setup sweeper.
Clefable @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Soft-Boiled
- Moonblast
- Stealth Rock
- Calm Mind
gl!

Last edited:
Looks really cool, I'd suggest you'd put Thunder Wave or Body slam instead of Aura Sphere for the extra chance to immobilize the opponent and/ or you'd give it a max HP/ max Def spread, as Togekiss is capable of OHKOing Mega Scizor without any previous investments.

On your Azumarill, 84 Speed is usually enough to outspeed Slowbro& Co. Consider putting Superpower or Brick Break over Play Rough for the better coverage.

Your Choice Specs Whimsicott looks amazing! Your Diancie and Klefki have also the classic sets!

How about a Scarf Clefable or a Unaware or Specs set? Trust me, those kinds of sets have sometimes won me the game :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)