Team Monotype Premier League III Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
i just PMd zarif a 10000 word essay about my life story except im a shoelace, the entirety of edgar allen poes "the raven", all 26 limited edition entries of Websters dictionary, a 100 page word document on why you should use explosion ferrothorn, the transcript to the entire ice age pentology, every single replay of me that was ever saved, a link to a website that gives you a picture of random sandals every time you refresh, and i bought him a lifetime subscription to hungdaddies.com

is this enough to get drafted or should i do more?

Dharma

komorebi
is a Top Artist
The moment when you realize this discussion thread is for other owners of teams to roast other team owners, and that you'll never be drafted because even though your decent at monotype it can never be enough.

;-;
The sad truth is that none of us are getting drafted. Not you, not me, and not raimon since he's probably gonna get banned again.

i just PMd zarif a 10000 word essay about my life story except im a shoelace, the entirety of edgar allen poes "the raven", all 26 limited edition entries of Websters dictionary, a 100 page word document on why you should use explosion ferrothorn, the transcript to the entire ice age pentology, every single replay of me that was ever saved, a link to a website that gives you a picture of random sandals every time you refresh, and i bought him a lifetime subscription to hungdaddies.com

is this enough to get drafted or should i do more?
Was it hand-written in comic sans?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not a manager but a defeatist attitude is definitely not something I'd be looking for if I was. This year, a lot of managers are probably looking for hidden gems that they can buy. If you don't get your name out there doing tryouts and showing your skill, then of course you won't get drafted. I was a complete nobody last year going into the MPL II auction as well. I'm pretty sure most of that year's managers didn't even know I existed back then. Everyone has to start somewhere. It's up to you to make yourself known and get yourself in the game. No one is going to do your job for you. Sure, it's a bit harder if you don't know anyone, but if you never reach out to anyone you'll never get to know anyone.

Some managers might ask you for replays. If you need someone to battle, hit me up some time on Showdown, and I'd be happy to help you out if I'm not too busy.

By the way, if you VM me for a battle instead, or even worse make a convo dear god, I'm putting you at the top of my Do Not Draft list...

I'm not a manager but a defeatist attitude is definitely not something I'd be looking for if I was. This year, a lot of managers are probably looking for hidden gems that they can buy. If you don't get your name out there doing tryouts and showing your skill, then of course you won't get drafted. I was a complete nobody last year going into the MPL II auction as well. I'm pretty sure most of that year's managers didn't even know I existed back then. Everyone has to start somewhere. It's up to you to make yourself known and get yourself in the game. No one is going to do your job for you. Sure, it's a bit harder if you don't know anyone, but if you never reach out to anyone you'll never get to know anyone.

Some managers might ask you for replays. If you need someone to battle, hit me up some time on Showdown, and I'd be happy to help you out if I'm not too busy.

By the way, if you VM me for a battle instead, or even worse make a convo dear god, I'm putting you at the top of my Do Not Draft list...
haha trust me whenever we battle we normally have conversations... (whether that's just me talking trash or not depends haha...)

We have finally finalized auction information.

The auction will be held in the Monotype Events room for public viewing. You can join the room by clicking the button in the Monotype room introduction or by doing "/join monotypeevents". All managers and assmen will be @ (Except Bondie and Acast who will be #) and moderated chat will be set. I will create a group chat for public discussion named "mpl3discussion". To join it during the auction, you can do: "/join groupchat-eien-mpl3discussion". All standard Monotype room rules will apply.

Each team will have a total of 120,000 dollars to spend on players. Managers and assmen may choose to buy themselves for exactly 15,000 each before the draft begins. The starting bid for players is 3000. Every team must have at least nine total players: eight players, one for each metagame, and at least one substitute.

Yes we will have a real bot.

The auction will be held on Sunday April 9th at 7:00 PM (19:00) UTC+0. Remember Daylight Savings Time and adjust for your timezone accordingly.

You have until Saturday April 8th at 11:59 PM (23:59) UTC+0 to sign up if you haven't already. This means you will have had over 2.5 weeks to sign up. As a result, players that sign up after this time will not be allowed to join the tournament even if they sign up before the auction itself.

Guys i just sent zarif a 45,000 word essay on my life story with absolutely every detail that ever happened in my life, except my "A" key is broken so each time there was an a I sent him a link to the wikipedia page for the letter a, but don't worry I made sure that it all rhymed to make up for that. I also wrote him a 10,000 word essay on why an eviolited magikarp outperforms any gyarados. Is this enough?
(I made sure to send him a signed copy of the essential Daryl Braithewaites)

twinkay

tu solo me quieres en tu imaginacion
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Sorry if this is a stupid question, but do we have to be present at the auction to be drafted? I don't think it will be a problem, but I'm just wondering

What I meant with my last post was that there are so many people looking to get on a team and that have signed up, its just going to be hard to get on a team.
Not that its impossible.

How will we be notified about who makes it if you are not able to watch the draft? Will it be on here, or on the discord server? Or anywhere else?

It might seem stupid, but i'm kinda concerned if i cant make it for the draft

Entei

TIMMEHHHHHHHHHHHHhHhhhh
is a Tiering Contributor
How will we be notified about who makes it if you are not able to watch the draft? Will it be on here, or on the discord server? Or anywhere else?

It might seem stupid, but i'm kinda concerned if i cant make it for the draft
The host will make a post including all the teams and their chosen(those who have been drafted) members.
Usually the actual logs of the draft are posted as well.
If your name doesn't appear then you weren't drafted.

Yo I was looking through the last discussion forum and I saw a lot draft/donotdraft lists that were pretty entertaining. Why did those die?

Carry of our team

Acast

Ghost of a Forum Mod & PS Room Owner
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Never actually been in a MPL before. Aside from being drafted, how are battles selected?
If you get drafted onto a team, each week your team will be matched up against an opposing team. If your manager decides that you'll be playing ORAS in a certain week, you will be playing the opposing team's ORAS player in the corresponding battle slot. Here's an example lineup:

Bloom Doom Glooms lineup (vs Petalburg Porygons):
SM1: Player A
SM2: Player B
SM bo3: Player C
ORAS1: GlimpseOfAPast
ORAS2: Player D
BW1: Player E
BW2: Player F
Monothreat: Player G

In that example, you would be battling whoever the Petalburg Porygons picked for their ORAS1 slot. All team managers need to submit their lineup to the host(s) before the week can begin, so neither team knows for sure what their opponent's lineup will look like until all the lineups are submitted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)