Monotype Teambuilding Competition V2 Cycle 16 - Infernape + Fletchinder [Voting Stage]

Status
Not open for further replies.

akaFila

butterscotch love
Crustle @ Custap Berry
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Rock Blast
- Knock Off

Durant @ Choice Band
Ability: Hustle
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- X-Scissor
- Rock Slide
- Superpower
- Iron Head

Illumise @ Focus Sash
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Thunder Wave
- Encore
- Tailwind
- Confuse Ray

Forretress @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Toxic Spikes
- Pain Split
- Volt Switch

Pinsir @ Pinsirite
Ability: Hyper Cutter
Happiness: 0
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Frustration
- Close Combat
- Quick Attack

Volcarona @ Assault Vest
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 1 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 SpD
- Fiery Dance
- Bug Buzz
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Ground]

Crustle: I took priority of hazard setting over offensive pressure in Crustles case as it better benefits the other beat sticks of the team and allows them to carry out their roles more efficiently. Nothing needs explaining on the set really. Generic hazards with Knock Off for item control. Spikes isn't necessary, but on the off chance the opportunity comes to set a layer or two up, why not?

Durant: Scarf would be safer option to carry as far as dealing with threats and opposing setups, but topping Hustle + STAB with a Choice Band is kinky af. Generic attack set here.

Illumise: Galvantula was looking overused in this comp, so I wanted to change it up with Illumise. Sash guarantees a second turn of Prankster abuse(Usually). Confuse Ray & Encore are out to cripple opponents and punish bad plays. Twave & Tailwind for utility to allow other team members to put in their work.

Forretress: Basic spinner and the physical sponge of the team. Went with TSpikes just for further hazard punishment. Pain Split allows for a recovery option to cover the lack of lefties.

Pinsir: Plain Mega Pinsir for offensive pressure alongside Durant. Hyper Cutter over Moxie for those intimidates.

Volcarona: Kinky AV sets are always lovely fun. Volca allows me to somewhat absorb a few special hits(Depending). HP Ground to have something on Heatran.
252 SpA Mega Charizard Y Fire Blast vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Assault Vest Volcarona in Sun: 145-172 (38.8 - 46.1%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

It's Kevin! (Durant) @ Choice Band
Ability: Hustle
Jolly Nature
- Superpower
- Iron Head
- Rock Tomb
- X-Scissor

Rocky Road (Crustle) @ Custap Berry
EVs: 248 HP / 64 Atk / 196 Def
Impish Nature
- Counter
- Rock Blast
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock

Tangerine (Volcarona) @ Leftovers
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 248 HP / 100 Def / 160 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Quiver Dance
- Fiery Dance
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Bug Buzz

Paper Plane (Pinsir-Mega) @ Pinsirite
Ability: Moxie
Happiness: 0
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Frustration
- Quick Attack

Lemon Lime (Galvantula) @ Life Orb
Ability: Compound Eyes
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Energy Ball
- Thunder
- Sticky Web

Spin Like Records (Armaldo) @ Leftovers
Ability: Battle Armor
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin
- Knock Off
- Rock Tomb

Durant - Generic name aside, Durant serves as a powerful wallbreaker thanks to Hustle and an equipped Band. Dual STAB, along with Superpower and Rock Tomb, allow it to run rampant across a number of teams, though watch out as it might miss because of it's ability's drawback. Rock Tomb is used as opposed to Slide or Edge over it's utility factor (and that 5% accuracy), allowing it to slow an enemy that would otherwise not be affected by Sticky Webs, especially on a switch.

Crustle - The second core mon, Crustle is a great suicide lead even with it's limited movepool. SR + BlastQuake coverage puts work on Fire and other Bug teams; Counter allows one to hit back hard on physical moves, stopping threats such as Terrakion from killing off your team. The 64 EVs in Atk kill Char-Y with 2 Rock Blast Hits, which you will need to immediately get rid of Drought. Sturdy + Custap grants an extra turn to do whatever you need to do, whether to kill off another mon or weakening one for the rest to deal with. It gets walled/Taunted easily though, so a damage chip might be the only noticeable thing it'll do for you.

Volcarona - HP Ice :^) Who needs Heatran coverage? Volcarona's set gives one a better chance against Flying, Dragon, and Ground, which pop up alot on ladder and are generally hard matchups for Bug, while still sweeping Steel, Bug and Psy. Of course, you'll be needing to get rid of Heatran first, and it's now completely useless against a Fire matchup except Fiery Dancing in the Sun to chip something or sacking. EVs keep some bulkiness, with the Speed making it outspeed Scarf Jolly Exca at +1 so that it doesn't revenge kill you.

M-Pinsir - This mega is a monster, being both a wallbreaker and a setup sweeper with priority. Aerialite is OP, honestly. With powerful/spammable moves and Attack and Speed EVs, the only things stopping it are Pokemon that don't resist it, bulk it without a setup(few do this), or outspeed it. The latter can be fixed with Sticky Webs, though.

Galvantula - Access to Webs, special moves and great coverage, the electric spider is a key player in Bug's success. I chose LO over Sash as it gives its moves more KOs in mons like Landorus - I and Chomp that I really hate to face with this type, but its riskier to setup the most important move to support the other Bugs.

Armaldo - It doesn't hurt to have a backup SR, especially one that gets rid of Hazards. Armaldo fills in as a Knock Off utility, releasing scarves or Normal blobs from Eviolites while sponging SpAtk moves. Its neutrality to Fire and greater longevity is what made me use it over Forretress, which another suicide lead isn't too appealing. Rock Tomb once again slows down opponents that would otherwise not be affected by Webs, and is STAB.

Congratulations to Confluxx for winning again! Second place goes to average fella. s/o to everyone who participated
average fella: 3
Dece1t: 1
arectaris: 2
Confluxx: 6
Cjl1000: 2
Rimz:2

This week's challenge will be...

Gliscor, and...

Articuno!
s/o to arvada
Teambuilding deadline: 6/11
Voting Deadline: 6/14

Last edited:
Semi-Stall Insanity
Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 248 HP / 4 Atk / 200 SpD / 56 Spe
Careful Nature
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off / Ice Fang
- Roost

Articuno @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
Calm Nature
- Freeze-Dry
- Haze / Heal Bell
- Toxic
- Roost

Charizard-Mega-Y @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Drought
Modest Nature
- Flamethrower
- Solar Beam
- Focus Blast
- Roost

Skarmory @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 200 HP / 212 Def / 96 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Brave Bird
- Whirlwind
- Roost

Zapdos @ Leftovers
EVs: 208 HP / 48 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Discharge
- Toxic
- Defog
- Roost

Dragonite @ Lum Berry
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 80 HP / 252 Atk / 176 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Outrage
- Extreme Speed
- Superpower
- Dragon Dance

This was an incredibly fun core to build around! The thought of Semi-Stall Flying really made the gears turning in my mind on how to go about it, since Balanced let alone is not my preffered playstyle. I'm very proud of this team overall, it's been giving me some minor success, but I'll probably use it a lot more often in the competitive scene.

Lemmie break down the thought process behind this team. I wanted to more or less keep the semi-stall feel of the core so I built with that in mind.

Gliscor
I decided to make a Stallbreaker since this team is seceptable to losing stall battles vs Chansey, Mega Sab, ect. It also acted as my general Rock Check (primarily to nearly counter Mega Diancie), and general Electric check. The Speed EVs allow it to creep Adamant Bisharp. For the 2nd attack, personally I prefer Knock Off because I feel the team appreciates the utility, especially against opposing walls, however, if your not keen on getting walled by mons like Togekiss/opposing Gliscor, feel free to run Ice Fang instead.

Articuno
is my general ice switchin, and 1 of 2 dedicated Special Defensive walls. It's Special Defense stat is monsterous, allowing it to easily hard switch into most Special Attacks. It's a fantastic complement to Gliscor as it can check Water mons, and as mentioned a second ago, hard switch into most ice attacks. Haze is amazing utility for stall teams, since it cancels all stat boosts. This prevents dangerous threats from abusing boosting attacks against the team (which I feel is essential for a perfect semi stall team). However, if your scared of status, Heal Bell is also an option (although, it takes away Gliscor poison, #1, so you can't directly switch it into status, and, #2, everyone but Dragonite has Roost, so so long as SR isn't up, you can keep shuffling mons to ease Toxic damage). Articuno is not a bad mon, and in a playstyle like this it's beneficial. Just note, it's 4x weak to SR, be sure to be adamant about keeping hazards off your side of the field!

Charizard
was the Mega I decided on early on. I was lacking a solid wallbreaker that requires no boosting to start pounding my opponet, so I opted for him. With a Modest nature, Charizard is absurdly powerful, with ability to threaten Weather Teams (this team does not appreciate Rain or Sand teams, so setting Sun helps eliminate that, as well as boost Charizards Flamethrower, and allow Solar Beam to negate the 1 turn dead-turn phaze). Focus Blast is to hit Heatran and Ttar, ensuring 2KOs on both. Roost is for longlivity, to be sure you can keep its wallbreaking power for a long time in a match.

Skarmory
is the teams only true Physical Wall, but for this that's all I need! It's part Steel typing is fantastic, allowing it to switch into virtually any Physical Attack. One thing I do want to mention though is, I went for Brave Bird over Iron Head since I already had a good Mega Diancie check, and its better generally so it doesn't get Taunt-baited, and you can hit mons that can 2KO it, such as Mega Medicham, and hit them hard enough back.

Zapdos
is my 2nd Special Defensive wall, along with Articuno. The both of them are key to this team, as they can spread Toxic, and make it easy to stall your opponent out. Zapdos acts as the all-essential Defogger, and secondary Electric switchin. Discharge also prevents it from being Taunt-bait, while also allowing it to spread paralyzes. If your opponents hazard setter isn't taken out yet, keep Zapdos around for as long as you can, it is vital you keep SR off of your side of the field!

Dragonite
was the last pokemon I decided on. I was lacking speed, and I felt I could use a boosting sweeper. Plus I noticed Cloyster was a huge threat, so that being said, I needed a check for it. I opted for Lum Dragon Dance over Choice Band since you can essentially tank any unboosted hit thanks to Multiscale, allowing it to get at least 1 Dragon Dance boost, and by that time you have the same power as holding a Choice Band, and +1 speed on top of that, at the cost of losing 1 coverage attack. Dragonite rounds out my team, and as I said gives me some sort of means for speed/priority, so that is why I decided on him last.

The only true threat to this team is LO Kyurem-B. Even with a Choice Scarf it's managable since it'll be locked into 1 attack, but LO not only makes it more powerful, but it'll 9 times out of 10 have 1 attack to hit everyone on the team, and it won't be choice locked. The only way to check it would be to make Charizard Timid, which you could do, but that's totally up to you. Bisharp can also prove to be threatening if you let it boost.

The thought behind this team is to have a switchin to virtually any Pokemon, Stall out/wallbreak/stallbreak major threats, and save Dragonite and/or Gliscor to sweep late game. This was an incredibly fun core and it was awesome exploring how to make semi-stall viable. It's very fun to me, but probably hair-tearing annoying to your opponent. :P

Replays
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/monotype-382357259 vs Ground

Last edited:
Reactions: 6ti

Confluxx [Old]

Banned deucer.

Charizard-Mega-Y (M) @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Roost
- Fire Blast
- Earthquake
- Solar Beam

Tornadus-Therian @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 132 HP / 160 SpA / 216 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Heat Wave

Gliscor (M) @ Toxic Orb
EVs: 244 HP / 12 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Roost
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic

Articuno @ Leftovers
EVs: 200 HP / 252 SpD / 56 Spe
Calm Nature
- Roost
- Freeze-Dry
- Defog
- Toxic

Skarmory (M) @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 248 HP / 188 Def / 72 SpD
Impish Nature
- Roost
- Brave Bird
- Defog
- Whirlwind

Togekiss (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 56 Def / 200 SpD
Calm Nature
- Roost
- Air Slash
- Heal Bell
- Thunder Wave

Standard Mega Charizard-Y set. Fire Blast hits incredibly in sun, Solar Beam hits Water, Ground and Rock-types, Earthquake hits Heatran and Roost provides longevity.

Assault Vest Tornadus-T is a great pivot and it's really fast. U-Turn helps in gaining momentum, Hurricane is a powerful STAB attack that hits really hard, Knock Off is a nice utility move and coverage option in general that gets rid of the foe's item and Heat Wave hits Steel types that resist the other moves.

Gliscor is very bulky on the special side, an excellent pivot and also the Stealth Rock setter on the team. Earthquake is a nice STAB attack with an excellent base power, Toxic allows it to wear down the foe, Roost along with Poison Heal provides excellent longevity.

Aritucno is another bulky Pokemon with a lot of SpD. It's one of the two Defog users on the team. It carries Freeze Dry which is a STAB move with decent base power and also hits Water-types for super effective damage. Toxic wears down Pokemon that Freeze Dry is not very effective against and it's also useful for wearing down bulkier Pokemon. Roost is for longevity as Articuno needs it in order to Defog and stall out the foe with Toxic.

Skarmory is a great physically defensive Pokemon and the second Defog user on the team. Whirlwind is for phasing out set-up sweepers, Roost heals up Skarmory preventing it from being worn down and Brave Bird is a high-base power STAB move that allows Skarmory not to be Taunt bait and also to deal with Pokemon it can't Roost on such as Mega Medicham.

Togekiss is another bulky Pokemon that provides Heal Bell support for the team and spreads paralysis which gives it a higher chance to flinch down the foe with Serene Grace Air Slash.

So this is a very bulky team with status spreading, lots of Roost and pivoting around, and it's very effective and difficult to break.

IMPORTABLE:
Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
EVs: 248 HP / 112 Def / 148 Spe
Impish Nature
- Taunt
- Swords Dance
- Roost
- Earthquake

Articuno @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Freeze-Dry
- Roost
- Toxic
- Heal Bell

Skarmory @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Whirlwind
- Roost
- Brave Bird

Zapdos @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 148 SpD / 108 Spe
Calm Nature
- Discharge
- Toxic
- Roost
- Defog

Dragonite @ Choice Band
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Outrage
- Fire Punch
- Earthquake
- Extreme Speed

Gyarados-Mega @ Gyaradosite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

DESCRIPTION:
Gliscor: being part of the required core, I started off the team with Gliscor. The team that I had in mind looked extremely defensive and weak to mons like mega Sableye which destroys stall. I decided to go for stall breaker Gliscor with taunt to shut down defensive threats such as Ferrothorn, Skarmory, Slowbro, Mew etc. and prevent set up sweepers from setting up such as Scizor, Bisharp, or DD Dnite. Roost is an obvious choice as well as earthquake which provides a strong hard hitting STAB. My last choice was Swords Dance to break through annoyances like Mega Sableye (w/o foul play). The EVs maximise HP and Defense while 148 speed outspeeds base 70s like breloom and bisharp etc.

Articuno: having never used Articuno before, deciding a moveset for it was a bit tough but I decided to go for the standard set. Heal bell helps the team preventing status like toxic from crippling my team. it's also useful for waking up rest/talk gyara in case I don't want to rely on sleep talk rolls. Roost is a necessity and freeze dry was my preferred STAB to get SE damage on water. Toxic ended up being my last choice to wear down walls without heal bell support. Maximum HP + spdef allows it to tank as many special hits as it can and makes use of its brilliant special defense.

Skarmory: this is where the standard part of the team begins. No defensive flying team is complete without the skarm + dos core and that's not without reason. Skarmory is the best physical wall available to flying with a great type and insane defense. Roost is a must while whirlwind phases out set up sweepers that try to set up on it. Stealth rock helps vs opposing flying and helps in wearing down the opponent's team. Brave bird is my preferred STAB option because of the decent amount of damage it can throw out while iron head can be used to beat mega diancie. However seeing as I have Gliscor on my team, mega Diancie isn't as big of a threat. Maximum HP + defense to make use of its great physical defense.

Zapdos: Zapdos is the second cornerstone of any defensive flying team. It's electric neutrality pairs well with Skarmory while its fantastic special defensive lets Skarmory have some support to rely on. Discharge is the main STAB with a nifty chance to Paralyze while toxic is opted over heat wave to beat bulky walls that can tank discharge with ease such as opposing Zapdos. Defog helps the team greatly saving skarmory's sturdy / dragonite's multiscale. It also helps Articuno so it doesn't die to SR completely. 108 speed EVs outspeeds base 70s such as breloom and bisharp and puts it at a good speed tier. The rest EVs are dumped into spdef / HP.

Dragonite: originally decided to run togekiss in this spot but I ended up with dnite instead because the priority is invaluable as well as the wall breaking power. Outrage is STAB and has no chill while extreme speed is useful for picking up mons that are brought to their sashes such as SS cloyster and also cleans up teams that are already worn down. Earthquake hits steel types and fire punch hits Skarmory and Ferrothorn which are immune / neutral to ground. Maximum attack along with adamant nature to hit as hard as possible while the rest is dumped into speed.

Gyarados: for my last slot I decided to go with a mega. Rest talk Gyarados is an amazing win con vs many types. Rest allows it to set up on what would usually wall if such as mega Sableye and mega Venusaur while sleep talk is an invaluable option to set up while asleep. Dragon dance increases its attack power as well as speed and waterfall is its primary STAB, packing decent base power and a chance to flinch. EVs allow it to bulk up pretty much any special hit.

The team overall is extremely defensive and makes use of flying's countless choices while maintaining a good offensive pressure between dnite, gliscor and gyarados.

REPLAYS:
Flying vs Poison:
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/monotype-381951638
Flying vs Dragon:
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/monotype-381953983
Flying vs Ghost:
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/monotype-381963048
Flying vs Poison:
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/monotype-381968946
Flying vs Steel:
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/monotype-381973710

not really high ladder but it shows the defensive synergy between the team anyway.

Seo.

Nice guys always finish last...

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
EVs: 248 HP / 204 SpD / 56 Spe
Careful Nature
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance
- Ice Fang
- Roost

Articuno @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Freeze-Dry
- Roost
- Toxic
- Heal Bell

Skarmory @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Defog
- Iron Head
- Roost

Togekiss @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Serene Grace
Timid Nature
- Air Slash
- Dazzling Gleam
- Trick
- Defog

Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Focus Blast
- Solar Beam
- Roost

Dragonite @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Outrage
- Extreme Speed
- Earthquake
- Fire Punch

Dragonite: a Choice banded STAB outrage is very strong and can OHKO anything that doesnt resist it. Extreme Speed is a +2 priority attack and revenge kills priority users such as Weavile and Azumarill. Fire punch is for things like Ferrothorn, Scizor and Skarmory. Earthquake is for Bisharp, Heatran and Diancie.
Charizard: Since the ability Drought provides sun for Charizard, Fire Blast OHKOes or 2HKOes almost every Pokemon that don't resist it as well doing massive damage to those that do. Drought also allows solar beam to hit in one move to cripple things like Seismitoad, and Gastrodon. Focus Blast provides coverage for Tyranitar and Heatran, and roost if to restore HP and mitigates Stealth Rock damage.
Skarmory: Stealth Rock is the most used hazard move on Skarmory since it is important to have them on every team, and to weaken threats like Kyurem-B. Defog is a must on flying teams, to get rid of Stealth rocks. Iron Head is for threats such as Diance and Tyranitar. Roost is to basically gain HP.
Togekiss: Air Slash is Togekiss's main STAB move and has a great flinching chance with Serene Grace. Finishing soon

Last edited:
Reactions: 6ti

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
EVs: 244 HP / 12 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Taunt
- Roost

Articuno @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpD / 8 Spe
Calm Nature
- Freeze-Dry
- Roost
- Heal Bell
- Haze

Gyarados @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Rest
- Dragon Tail
- Scald

Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Solar Beam
- Focus Blast
- Roost

Skarmory @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Impish Nature
- Spikes
- Iron Head
- Roost
- Whirlwind

Zapdos @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 244 SpD / 16 Spe
Calm Nature
- Defog
- Discharge
- Roost
- Toxic

Just brainless hazard stacking stall.

Gliscor

Gliscor's job is to set Rocks while stallbreaking Steel monotypes. Max speed allows it to effectively outspeed and Taunt Defoggers such as Zapdos, and Mandibuzz while threatening out Pokemon like Empoleon. Gliscor also acts as my Electric immunity since most of my team is weak to it.

Articuno

A very underated mon because of its 4x weakness to Stealth Rock. However, it's a great check to Water Pokemon because of its great SpDef and access to Freeze Dry. Its Ice typing also grants it a neutrality to Ice moves which relieves pressure off of Gyarados and Skarmory. Heal Bell is to keep the team healthy while Haze prevents Pokemon such as Clefable and Mega Sableye from setting up. Finally, Pressure lets you outstall Stealth Rock and status moves such as Toxic and Thunder Wave. (In conjunction with Heal Bell)

Gyarados

The first thing I added to this team. I noticed that it was very Charizard-Y weak (and fire moves in general), so Gyarados fit perfectly. Intimidate cuts your opponent's attack, allowing you to switch in Gyarados more easily, and tt status's the opponent's team with Scald burns and Thunder Wave. It can also phase out Pokemon that are setting up. When combined with Articuno's Haze, it's very hard for your opponent to set up. Furthermore, it has great synergy with Articuno and Gliscor.

Mega Charizard Y

Most teams need a mega and this is no exception. Charizard-Y wallbreaks and works great with Thunder Wave, and hazard stacking support, breaking types such as Psychic and Dark. Everything else is kinda standard.

Skarmory

At this point I decided that the team would work well with Spikes so I added Skarmory. It also serves as a great Phy Def wall and can phase Physical attackers (something Gyarados can't do as well.) Rocky Helm wears down foes who don't have any recovery while Iron Head beats Diancie, and other Fairies.

Zapdos

The team's Defogger. It also gives the team another important answer to Electric types and doesn't get hit as hard from Ice moves. Discharge has a chance of paralyzing, while Toxic puts mons on a timer.

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Roost

Articuno @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Freeze-Dry
- U-turn
- Hurricane
- Defog

BIRD (Fletchinder)
Ability: Gale Wings
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Acrobatics
- Roost
- Swords Dance
- Tailwind

Dragonite @ Choice Band
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Earthquake
- Outrage
- Superpower

Landorus (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
Timid Nature
- Earth Power
- Sludge Wave
- Focus Blast
- Psychic

Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Solar Beam
- Focus Blast
- Defog

gliscor: i really didnt want to build balance so i built hyper offense. glisc is a weird suicide lead but its still somewhat good for setting up rocks and possibly blocking some rock mons late-game.
articuno: i dont like support cuno especially on ho. i decided to use ice's scarf set even though i already have a bird waiting in the wings to spam flying stab. f-d and scarf defog is still good as hell
fletchinder: every stupid-ass ho flying team i build is centered around fletchinder tbh, and this is no different. glisc+fletch provides good mid-game type synergy to set up swords dances, or maybe just set up tailwind and die
dragonite: one of the best tailwind partners, its basically an outrage machine. not much to it. it has superpower because zardy already has fire stab
landorus: this shit destroys ho steel which is the shit i love. other than that its just regular lando-i
charizard: i dont like tailwind+gyarados tbh so i used zardy. its somewhat redundant with lando-i but its like whatever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)