Ability: Harvest
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Calm Mind
- Rest
- Moonblast
- Psyshock

Cresselia has amazing stats for being a bulky/defensive mon and has a pretty decent moveset. So I figured, let's put its natural bulk to good use. The idea for this mon came from the game Harvest Moon (old game where you basically harvest grains and such). With access to not only Harvest but Fairy typing, Cresselia becomes a nice check to Dark mons as well as a STAB Moonblast, providing an open option to utilize Psychic mega's other than Gardevoir.

Calcs R 4 Nurds

Last edited:

Acast

Ghost of a Forum Mod & PS Room Owner
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
knuckstrike's Solrock and waszap's Musharna

shit i was supposed to do this yesterday
ok since fluxx is on vacation he asked me to start the voting, so i'll do that
you can choose from:
terrors's celebi
knuckstrike's solrock
waszap's musharna
llama's cresselia

You have until Tuesday, 7/25 to submit your votes. Remember to vote for two, and not for yourself.

e: i'll vote for terrors and waszap, also he'll start the next cycle when he gets back
Also Tuesday is 7/26

Reactions: 6ti

Confluxx [Old]

Banned deucer.
The winner of this cycle is Waszap! Congratulations!
Waszap: 4
knuckstrike: 2
terrors:2

Decided to end the voting today so we can get back on track asap, new cycle will be posted in a bit.

Last edited:

Confluxx [Old]

Banned deucer.
Cycle 10: Dark

The type for this cycle of Monotype Theorymon is Dark! Really cool Dark-type Pokemon in C Rank and below, looking forward to some great ideas. Check out the Monotype Viability Rankings to get a clue of what Pokemon you should submit your ideas for.
You have until Friday 29/07/2016.

Liepard @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Play Rough
- Encore/Taunt
- Topsy Turvy
- Parting Shot

Description: Parting shot and Topsy Turvy are both great utility moves that go unused in the metagame currently due to the few pokes that have access to either. I thought liepard would be able to make great use of both while not being broken.

Topsy turvy enables you to stop setup sweepers in their tracks. Liepard doesn't get any reliable recovery meaning you would still have to be careful with how lenient you are in letting the other team setup, and substitute would also prevent topsy turvy from working. It also doesn't like to take weakened its, with it still being 2 or 3hko'd by most things.

-2 252 Atk Cloyster Icicle Spear (5 hits) vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Liepard: 150-180 (45.1 - 54.2%) -- approx. 0.4% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Parting shot is quite possibly the best move any pivot could have. With it liepards ability set up a sweep or gain momentum for its team wouldn't be easily matched , especially since it can lock things into setup moves with encore before using parting shot. With stat drops things previously threatened by strong stab attacks wouldn't fear them so much, and generally things like honchkrow or sharpedo would have an easier time at sweeping a team(Just two examples).

Note: Originally i wanted to make this more offensively inclined but decided to change because all it really did was bop specs keldeo.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6ti
Drought Houndoom + Speed Buff

Stat Boost: 75 / 90 / 50 / 110 / 80 / 105 (+10)

Houndoom @ Choice Specs / Life Orb / Houndoomite
Ability: Drought
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Solarbeam
- Dark Pulse
- Nasty Plot / Sludge Bomb / Protect

So yeah, this is a little borked..

252 SpA Solar Power Mega Houndoom Fire Blast vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Zapdos in Sun: 330-388 (86.1 - 101.3%) -- 12.5% chance to OHKO

I'll come up with something else.

Last edited:

Umbreon @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Wish
- Foul Play
- Confuse Ray / Yawn
- Toxic

With Mega Sableye now gone, dark has to rely a lot more on mandibuzz for hazard removal. Mandibuzz is such a reliable tank, but with stealth rocks so easily deployable, it's longevity has shortened by a lot. This is where magic bounce umbreon comes in, already being such a tank, it can easily come in on rocks/taunt/whirlwinds without worry. Also not having to worry about status anymore, Umbreon doesnt have to waste a turn using heal bell, and can now use an even more annoying move. Confuse ray for shits and giggles, and yawn for sleep and hazard + sand chip damage.

iLlama

Nothing personal, I protect my people
Fairy + Moxie Mega Absol

Absol-Mega (Dark/Fairy) @ Absolite
Ability: Moxie
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Play Rough
- Knock Off
- Superpower / Swords Dance / Stone Edge / Megahorn / Iron Tail / Fire Blast / etc.

If Tyke thinks his boost to Houndoom is a lot, just think about how I almost gave this guy Tough Claws... Anyways, say hello to this crazy new Mega Evolution. To be frank, Mega Absol has immense power, but single Dark Typing paired with Magic Bounce does little for it offensively. With access to Fairy typing, however, its use and possibilities as a S-Ranked Mega for Dark become instantly apparent. And to solve the issue of its ability, I ran into a bit of trouble. At first glance, I figured Mega Absol would be basically the ideal Tough Claws mon, but when thinking more on the issue (and remembering 2/3 Tough Claws Mega Evo's are banned in Mono) I figured I wanted to take a safer route (let's avoid TC boosted Sucker Punch), while maintaining its strength. Next I figured Pixilate would also be a good fit, but I ran into a couple problems with that as well. I felt that would be the most cop-out ability to give it, and, well, Sucker Punch + Pixilate Quick Attack might be suspect. So I decided on Moxie (step-aside Honchkrow)! Who needed Mega Sableye anyways?

252 Atk Mega Absol Play Rough vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Keldeo: 356-422 (110.2 - 130.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 Atk Mega Absol Play Rough vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Mandibuzz: 228-270 (53.9 - 63.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+1 252 Atk Mega Absol Play Rough vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Mandibuzz: 342-404 (80.8 - 95.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
+1 252 Atk Mega Absol Play Rough vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mega Diancie: 226-267 (93.7 - 110.7%) -- 62.5% chance to OHKO
252 Atk Mega Absol Play Rough vs. 240 HP / 176+ Def Garchomp: 260-308 (62.3 - 73.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Mega Absol Play Rough vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Multiscale Dragonite: 169-201 (52.3 - 62.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Mega Absol Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 232+ Def Slowbro: 242-288 (61.4 - 73%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Mega Absol Sucker Punch vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Mega Scizor: 109-129 (38.7 - 45.9%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252 Atk Mega Absol Sucker Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Hoopa Unbound: 220-259 (73 - 86%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
0- SpA Mega Absol Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Forretress: 480-568 (135.5 - 160.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO
0- SpA Mega Absol Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Skarmory: 214-252 (64 - 75.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Last edited:

Confluxx [Old]

Banned deucer.
The voting for this cycle has begun. Here are the three theories submitted that you can choose one to vote for, and you can't vote for yourself.

Oberyn's Liepard
Waszap's Umbreon
iLlama's Mega Absol

Since there were only three theories submitted I decided that voting for just one theory is the appropriate thing to do. My vote goes to Llama

You have until Sunday 31/07/2016.

Confluxx [Old]

Banned deucer.
Cycle 11: Flying

The type for this cycle of Monotype Theorymon is one of the most used types; Flying! Really cool Flying-types Pokemon in C Rank and below that could become a lot more viable with your guys's creativity, so looking forward to some great ideas. Check out the Monotype Viability Rankings to get a clue of what Pokemon you should submit your ideas for.
You have until Friday 05/08/2016.

iLlama

Nothing personal, I protect my people
Aerilate Aerodactyl-Mega

Aerodactyl-Mega @ Aerodactylite
Ability: Aerilate
EVs: 252 Atk / 8 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Double-Edge / Return / Frustration
- Earthquake
- Roost / Ice Fang / Fire Fang / Aqua Tail / Hone Claws / etc.

So after almost giving Tough Claws to Mega Absol last week, I figured, why not make the on mon that Tough Claws doesn't help so much, better? Now, before anyone says "Oh this needs to be banned," or "Wouldn't Mega Gyarados still be a better option," with this Mega, Flying doesn't have to rely HaxKiss or Tornadus for Flying STAB and could you imagine a double mega flying with Aerodactyl? With that, I give you a truly terrifying Mega Evolution, Aerilate Aerodactyl.

252 Atk Aerilate Mega Aerodactyl Double-Edge vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Cobalion: 211-249 (54.6 - 64.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 Atk Aerilate Mega Aerodactyl Double-Edge vs. 252 HP / 232+ Def Slowbro: 180-213 (45.6 - 54%) -- 3.9% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 Atk Aerilate Mega Aerodactyl Double-Edge vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Ferrothorn: 156-184 (44.3 - 52.2%) -- 17.6% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
+1 252 Atk Aerilate Mega Aerodactyl Double-Edge vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Hippowdon: 252-297 (60 - 70.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
252 Atk Aerilate Mega Aerodactyl Double-Edge vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Mew: 262-309 (64.8 - 76.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
+1 252 Atk Mega Aerodactyl Stone Edge vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Skarmory: 144-169 (43.1 - 50.5%) -- 47.7% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
252 Atk Mega Aerodactyl Stone Edge vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Avalugg: 156-186 (39.6 - 47.3%) -- 95.7% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
252 Atk Mega Aerodactyl Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mega Diancie: 208-246 (86.3 - 102%) -- 12.5% chance to OHKO
252 Atk Mega Aerodactyl Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Raikou: 282-334 (87.8 - 104%) -- 25% chance to OHKO

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)