Bronzong @ Light Clay
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Light Screen
- Reflect
- Stealth Rock
- Explosion

Bronzong's old flagship set is hampered by the common defog, which can split screens and take his screens down. However, by exploding, he can allow a teamate to safely use the screens for the longest amount of time possible, however, bulky attackers may not require the support. Only magnezone, ampharos, and forretres are legitametly slow pokemon able to switch out with an attack and set screens, other screen+voltswitch pokemon are so fast that they tend to fail to take the first hit before bringing in your offensive prescence, which is especially bad if they intend not to hit you, but status you.

Bronzong @ Choice Band
EVs: 252 HP / 86 Atk / 80 Def / 92 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Trick
- Gyro Ball
- Earthquake
- Explosion

This bronzong can cripple tanks with trick like more common abusers like jirachi and lati@s, and gyro ball does reach 80-120 BP on most targets. It shouldn't live long enough for the lack of PP to matter, but sadly many ground types that it would see the most use against are among the few that gyro ball dosen't get much power on. Explosion's 250 is comparable to STAB dracometeor's 210, so it is effective not only for getting a teammate in safely, but also causing severe damage, often a worthy trade.

Bronzong @ Leftovers
Ability: Heatproof
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Gyro Ball
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Earthquake

Specially defensive bronzong can set up stealh rocks against fire teams that would other wise continue to pressure you, and it's toxic and earthquake can wear down switch in before he runs away. Especially since these are often wall breakers that only want to take hazard and chip damage a few times before collapsing.

Bronzong @ Mental Herb
Ability: Heatproof
EVs: 252 HP / 104 Atk / 152 Def
Relaxed Nature
- Trick Room
- Stealth Rock
- Explosion
- Earthquake

Mental herb is for people who live in mortal terror of taunt, but with trick room, psychic and steel can deal with some physical glass cannons that can cause major troubles for bronzongs team

Bronzong @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Block
- Calm Mind
- Rest
- Flash Cannon

There are some decisions I will never get along with. Hazard stackers with no attacking moves are one of them. This applies to certain keychains and dual screeners as wells. Punish the infidels. ALL OF THEM!

Bronzong is a support mon who is plagued by his lack of reliable healing, while psychic teams could run a cleric and allow bronzong to utilize rest, this is counterproductive, as he should be the one giving support, not the other way around. He also loses offesive pressure against bulky offense teams, which his attacks do little against. However he shares the distinction with skarmory and heatran of being able to handle one of steel teams most troublesome weaknesses, ground or fire. He does not want to take fighting attacks repeatedly and has an obnoxious knock off weakness to boot. His resistance to fairy is hampered by neutrailty (at best) to the common azumarill,mawille, and clefable's coverage attack.

Bronzong is really quite bad this generation with the rise of both Knock Off and Defog. I think it belongs to D-Rank for both monotypes, as it really has no niche in either type; there are better screen setters in Psychic, namely Deoxys-S, Deoxys-D, Azelf, Uxie, and more; Klefki is a better screen setter for Steel, and most Steel type pokemon get stealth rock with Heatran being a better specially defensive wall. The only viable set out of those you mentioned that isn't outclassed by other Pokemon in my opinion is the trick room set, as it is a decent user of it for steel and there are many Pokemon on steel that can benefit from trick room like Mega Mawile.

Last edited:
Reactions: DoW

all falls down

thanks ugly god
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Heracross for B Rank (Fighting)

Notable moves
- Brick Break
- Close Combat
- Counter
- Earthquake
- Facade
- Knock Off
- Megahorn
- Night Slash
- Rock Slide
- Stone Edge

Heracross @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Moxie/Guts
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Earthquake
- Megahorn
- Rock Slide

This is the regular standard set for Heracross is really nice does decent damage and if you get a kill moxie kicks in.
Reasons for B Rank: It has really one standard job but it does it well.

View attachment 28826 Heracross-Mega for C Rank (Fighting)

Heracross @ Heracronite
Ability: Moxie
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Seed
- Pin Missile
- Close Combat
- Rock Blast

Its nice and reg set
Reason its C Rank: Its not that good Regular Heracross can destroy teams even better, also Mega-Medicham is much better

I'm sorry but I don't agree with your ranking of Mega Heracross at all. I really see no reason for one of the best wall-breakers in monotype and ou to be C rank. Mega Heracross is severely overlooked in monotype solely because of other megas that are used more often; it shouldn't be ranked so low only because it has competition from other megas.

Medicham is obviously broken in monotype and is insanely powerful, but that doesn't mean that Mega Heracross is overclassed and not viable, because both pokemon have advantages and disadvantages over one another. Some of fighting's biggest problems in Monotype are bulky psychic type Pokemon, and Medicham happens to be walled by almost all of them. Heracross has superior coverage, a boosting move in swords dance, and far better bulk when compared to Medicham.

Mega Heracross can help fighting combat some of its biggest offensive threats like sand rush Excadrill and more. Heracross' coverage allows it to also demolish nearly every defensive threat to fighting in Monotype, and with the type usually being run as hyper offensive, wall breaking is extremely appreciated, allowing the other fighting powerhouses like Keldeo and Terrakion to clean the game. You say that regular Heracross is better but regular Heracross is usually scarfed and can be taken advantage of, and lacks the immediate power. Mega-Heracross is even better in monotype than in ou because of the lack of Talonflame and the lack of switch ins for most types. The fact that Heracross can pick off nearly every defensive problem to fighting is a big benefit, so big in fact that I think that Mega-Heracross (Fighting) deserves A-Rank, easily.

EDIT: Your set also needs some work, as Mega-Heracross is best run with speed to catch up with many pokemon. Swords dance should be the main slash over bullet seed as well.

Last edited:
Archeops (Rock) for B-Rank

Ugondie @ Choice Scarf/Choice Band
Ability: Defeatist This fucking ablity man
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Switcheroo
- U-turn
- Head Smash
- Aerial Ace

With choice scarf/choice band archeops becomes an imidiate threat with great speed and offenses. Head smash is capable of ohkoing many fast pokemon while switcheroo can cripple many defensive pokemon. U-turn is an awesome move and I don't think I need to explain why. It works well with after tricking the choice item, and you basiclly gain the upper hand(Keep in mind that Archeops is the only user of U-Turn). Flying move is a blessing to all rock teams as it hits super effectivly 2 of it's weaknesess. Sadly aerial ace isn't that strong of a move and you won't be ohkoing pokemon such as mega medicham and keldeo with choice scarf, but you will however with choice band.
Some calcs:
>252 Atk Choice Band Archeops Aerial Ace vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Conkeldurr: 324-384 (92.3 - 109.4%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
>252 Atk Archeops Aerial Ace vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Mega Medicham: 236-282 (90.4 - 108%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
>252 Atk Choice Band Archeops Head Smash vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Skarmory: 220-261 (65.8 - 78.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
>252 Atk Archeops Head Smash vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Greninja: 358-423 (125.1 - 147.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Archeops @ Choice Specs/Expert belt
Ability: Defeatist
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid/Naive Nature
- Earth Power/Head smash/U-turn
- Heat Wave
- Hidden Power [Ice] / [Flying]
- Focus Blast

Archeops has a great 112 spA which is just 3 points short of rock's greatest spA attacker - omastar. Unlike other spA attackers, it has an amazing 110 speed, compared to omastar's shitty 55 and auroros's 58 spe.
You can also pop a switcheroo in this set.​

Other viable moves include: Earthquake, Stone edge, Endeavor, quick attack (Focus sash + endeavor + quick attack ahoy),Acrobatics + sky attack + power herb, knock off, bounce

Archeops is a very badass pokemon and satisfying to use. Just make sure it doesn't get any bullet punches or aqua jets in his face and you'll do just fine.

Last edited:
Archeops (Rock) for B-Rank

Ugondie @ Choice Scarf/Choice Band
Ability: Defeatist This fucking ablity man
Jolly Nature
- Switcheroo
- U-turn
- Head Smash
- Aerial Ace

With choice scarf/choice band archeops becomes an imidiate threat with great speed and offenses. Head smash is capable of ohkoing many fast pokemon while switcheroo can cripple many defensive pokemon. U-turn is an awesome move and I don't think I need to explain why. It works well with after tricking the choice item, and you basiclly gain the upper hand(Keep in mind that Archeops is the only user of U-Turn). Flying move is a blessing to all rock teams as it hits super effectivly 2 of it's weaknesess. Sadly aerial ace isn't that strong of a move and you won't be ohkoing pokemon such as mega medicham and keldeo with choice scarf, but you will however with choice band.
Some calcs:
>252 Atk Choice Band Archeops Aerial Ace vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Conkeldurr: 324-384 (92.3 - 109.4%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
>252 Atk Archeops Aerial Ace vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Mega Medicham: 236-282 (90.4 - 108%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
>252 Atk Choice Band Archeops Head Smash vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Skarmory: 220-261 (65.8 - 78.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
>252 Atk Archeops Head Smash vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Greninja: 358-423 (125.1 - 147.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Archeops @ Choice Specs/Expert belt
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid/Naive Nature
- Earth Power/Head smash/U-turn
- Heat Wave
- Hidden Power [Ice] / [Flying]
- Focus Blast

Archeops has a great 112 spA which is just 3 points short of rock's greatest spA attacker - omastar. Unlike other spA attackers, it has an amazing 110 speed, compared to omastar's shitty 55 and auroros's 58 spe.
You can also pop a switcheroo in this set.​

Archeops is a very badass pokemon and satisfying to use. Just make sure it doesn't get any bullet punches or aqua jets in his face and you'll do just fine.
To be honest, I don't think Archeops really deserves B Rank. It's offensive stats may be high, but god is it frail. It can't take any priority attacks either. Whether it'd be a Sucker Punch or a Mach Punch.

252+ Atk Life Orb Bisharp Sucker Punch vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Archeops: 257-304 (88.3 - 104.4%) -- 25% chance to OHKO

252+ Atk Technician Breloom Mach Punch vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Archeops: 153-180 (52.5 - 61.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

And while Archeops may survive those, remember that Defeatist activates there, making Archeops hit a lot softer than it can.
Another argument against Archeops is that it really doesn't help Rock out that much. It keeps a lot of Rock's weaknesses and has a bunch of its own. It's also weak to Stealth Rock, so Defeatist would be easier to activate and just turn it into a non-threat. In the event of a Steel team, it isn't going to be doing much. Many of Rock's threats are threats to Archeops as well. I guess you could say that Archeops is not a team player. So I say Archeops gets C Rank at most.

To be honest, I don't think Archeops really deserves B Rank. It's offensive stats may be high, but god is it frail. It can't take any priority attacks either. Whether it'd be a Sucker Punch or a Mach Punch.
As I said, you don't want it to stay in on powerful priorty attacks. It's also not that frail, it can take some mach punches as long as they are not from breelom (hint:powerful priorty attacks)
252+ Atk Conkeldurr Mach Punch vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Archeops: 108-127 (37.1 - 43.6%) -- 96.5% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock

252+ Atk Life Orb Bisharp Sucker Punch vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Archeops: 257-304 (88.3 - 104.4%) -- 25% chance to OHKO

252+ Atk Technician Breloom Mach Punch vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Archeops: 153-180 (52.5 - 61.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

And while Archeops may survive those, remember that Defeatist activates there, making Archeops hit a lot softer than it can.
If you're staying in vs bisharp I'm presuming you're using the special set? In that case
-2 252 SpA Expert Belt Archeops Focus Blast vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Bisharp: 379-451 (139.3 - 165.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO

And about that breloom
-2 252 Atk Archeops Aerial Ace vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Breloom: 252-300 (96.5 - 114.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
Another argument against Archeops is that it really doesn't help Rock out that much. It keeps a lot of Rock's weaknesses and has a bunch of its own.
Well obviously; it's a rock type. I forgot to mention becouse it's obvious that flying ressists fighting,ressits grass and is IMMUNE to ground attacks. It's typing, while he is very frail, helps againts some matchups, esspecialy with ground.
It's also weak to Stealth Rock, so Defeatist would be easier to activate and just turn it into a non-threat. In the event of a Steel team, it isn't going to be doing much. Many of Rock's threats are threats to Archeops as well. I guess you could say that Archeops is not a team player. So I say Archeops gets C Rank at most.
Vs steel it can centenrly help by crippling for example Skarmory,doublade or ferrothorn. It can also straight ohko them with the special set:
>252 SpA Expert Belt Archeops Heat Wave vs. 252 HP / 168 SpD Ferrothorn: 346-408 (98.2 - 115.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
>252 SpA Expert Belt Archeops Heat Wave vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Skarmory: 298-353 (89.2 - 105.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Roc
>252 SpA Choice Specs Archeops Heat Wave vs. 212 HP / 0 SpD Eviolite Doublade: 328-388 (105.1 - 124.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO
(I also forgot to mention that it learns EQ, ops)
C Rank: Reserved for Pokemon that are only used to check a threat once or twice. These Pokemon often run unorthodox sets since their primary niches are outclassed by other Pokemon...
Excuse me, I didn't get the part where archeops was outclassed by other pokemon. Oh that's right, becouse it isn't.

Nominating Hydreigon (dark) for A rank

Pros:
-
Great stats
-Good coverage
-Can be a decent mixed sweeper
-Three heads tho

Cons:
-Fairies
Special Hydreigon

Hydreigon (M) @ Choice Specs / Choice Scarf / Life Orb
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature (for specs and lo) / Modest ( for Scarf)
- Draco Meteor / Dragon Pulse
- Dark Pulse
- Earth Power / Heat Wave / Surf
- Flash Cannon

Basic set for Hydreigon, take specs/lo and scarf depending on what you prefer and take the necessary nature. Get Draco Meteor or Dragon Pulse and Dark Pulse for Coverage, Flash cannon to take care of fairy types ( one of the dark types biggest problems ) and another move for coverage. Nothing much to say besides, Hydreigon can help you cover some of your weaknesses and deal some decent damage, and is one of your better special attackers, BUT, he still is outclassed by one or two other pokemon as your choice special attacker. Hydreigon for A rank.

Zoroark for B rank

Pros:
-
Good mind games
-Good offensive stats
-Good coverage
Cons:
-
105 speed isn't as good as some other sweepers roaming around
-Kinda squishy
-His coverage only gets him so far
-His ability only helps so far.
Special Zoroark

Zoroark @ Choice Specs / Life Orb
Ability: Illusion
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot / Focus Blast (only if you use specs)
- Extrasensory
- Flamethrower / Focus Blast / Grass Knot / Shadow Ball
- Night Daze

With his ability, Zoroark can get some real mind games going by copying the appearance of one of your team mates and confuse them when your tyranitar ko's with a flamethrower. Grab Nasty Plot to boost your already good spa stat, grab Night Daze for stab and some coverage moves of your choosing. Good coverage and mind games, can do some real damage in the enemy team, but still has his flaws, mainly his bad bulk. Deserves B rank.

Last edited:

all falls down

thanks ugly god
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Nominating Hydreigon (dark) for B rank

Pros:
-
Great stats
-Good coverage
-Can be a decent mixed sweeper
-Three heads tho

Cons:
-Some of the stats can be a little underwhelming when you really need them
-Fairies
Special Hydreigon

Hydreigon (M) @ Choice Specs / Choice Scarf / Life Orb
Timid Nature (for specs and lo) / Modest ( for Scarf)
- Draco Meteor / Dragon Pulse
- Dark Pulse
- Earth Power / Heat Wave / Surf
- Flash Cannon

Basic set for Hydreigon, take specs/lo and scarf depending on what you prefer and take the necessary nature. Get Draco Meteor or Dragon Pulse and Dark Pulse for Coverage, Flash cannon to take care of fairy types ( one of the dark types biggest problems ) and another move for coverage. Nothing much to say besides, Hydreigon can help you cover some of your weaknesses and deal some decent damage, and is one of your better special attackers, BUT, he still is outclassed by one or two other pokemon. Hydreigon for B rank.

PS:
If someone wants to get a Mixed Hydreigon set up in this place, feel free.

Zoroark for A rank

Pros:
-
Good mind games
-Good offensive stats
-Good coverage
Cons:
-
105 speed isn't as good as some other sweepers roaming around
-Kinda squishy
-His coverage only gets him so far
Special Zoroark

Zoroark @ Choice Specs / Life Orb
Ability: Illusion
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot / Focus Blast (only if you use specs)
- Extrasensory
- Flamethrower / Focus Blast / Grass Knot / Shadow Ball
- Night Daze

With his ability, Zoroark can get some real mind games going by copying the appearance of one of your team mates and confuse them when your tyranitar ko's with a flamethrower. Grab Nasty Plot to boost your already good spa stat, grab Night Daze for stab and some coverage moves of your choosing. Good coverage and mind games, can do some real damage in the enemy team. Deserves A rank. But it is a really low A rank, so if any of you has a reason for it to go down to B rank, I'm all hears.

I think these ranks should be switched. They may seem similar offensive stat wise, but they are quite different; Hydreigon wins in nearly every situation, let's look at why:

1) Hydreigon has Draco Meteor. This insanely powerful 130 BP STAB is what most evidently puts it above Zoroark. With Draco Meteor, Hydreigon can be a very effective wallbreaker as a life orb or choice specs boosted Draco Meteor will devastate anything that doesn't resist it. Draco Meteor also makes for the perfect choiced Pokemon, as with Draco Meteor it is very easy to kill something and switch out due to the stat drop, which is what choice items serve to do anyways.

2) Hydreigon has far better bulk. Zoroark's bulk is nearly nonexistent with 60/60/60 compared to Hydreigon's very average 92/90/90, meaning that Zoroark will not be taking any strong hits, while Hydreigon can easily take a number of hits aimed at it. With Zoroark's bulk, it puts it in a position where it needs to kill the opposing Pokemon if it wants to stay in the game, which can be difficult for it.

3) Hydreigon has Dragon typing. When looking at monotype teams, type variation is very important to have because having too many Pokemon of the same type can elevate weaknesses. Hydreigon has a very handy resist to electric, fire, grass, and water type moves, which can all be troublesome to dark as there aren't many Pokemon that resist these moves. It also has levitate, providing a second ground immunity for dark with Mandibuzz, and an immunity to spikes, toxic spikes, and sticky web.

4) Hydreigon has amazing coverage. Draco Meteor, Earth Power, and Fire blast is unresisted coverage, meaning that Hydreigon has the liberty to spam Draco Meteor until something that resists it comes to be smashed by Earth Power or Fire blast. Hydreigon also has the option to go mixed as it has a fantastic physical movepool as well with U-turn and Superpower, allowing it to get past troublesome special walls like Umbreon and Chansey. It can even use Flash cannon or Iron tail to smash Fairy types.

Overall, Hydreigon beats out Zoroark pretty much every time, so I think that Hydreigon should be A rank, and Zoroark should be B rank.

Last edited:
I think these ranks should be switched. They may seem similar offensive stat wise, but they are quite different; Hydreigon wins in nearly every situation, let's look at why:

1) Hydreigon has Draco Meteor. This insanely powerful 130 BP STAB is what most evidently puts it above Zoroark. With Draco Meteor, Hydreigon can be a very effective wallbreaker as a life orb or choice specs boosted Draco Meteor will devastate anything that doesn't resist it. Draco Meteor also makes for the perfect choiced Pokemon, as with Draco Meteor it is very easy to kill something and switch out due to the stat drop, which is what choice items serve to do anyways.

2) Hydreigon has far better bulk. Zoroark's bulk is nearly nonexistent with 60/60/60 compared to Hydreigon's very average 92/90/90, meaning that Zoroark will not be taking any strong hits, while Hydreigon can easily take a number of hits aimed at it. With Zoroark's bulk, it puts it in a position where it needs to kill the opposing Pokemon if it wants to stay in the game, which can be difficult for it.

3) Hydreigon has Dragon typing. When looking at monotype teams, type variation is very important to have because having too many Pokemon of the same type can elevate weaknesses. Hydreigon has a very handy resist to electric, fire, grass, and water type moves, which can all be troublesome to dark as there aren't many Pokemon that resist these moves. It also has levitate, providing a second ground immunity for dark with Mandibuzz, and an immunity to spikes, toxic spikes, and sticky web.

4) Hydreigon has amazing coverage. Draco Meteor, Earth Power, and Fire blast is unresisted coverage, meaning that Hydreigon has the liberty to spam Draco Meteor until something that resists it comes to be smashed by Earth Power or Fire blast. Hydreigon also has the option to go mixed as it has a fantastic physical movepool as well with U-turn and Superpower, allowing it to get past troublesome special walls like Umbreon and Chansey. It can even use Flash cannon or Iron tail to smash Fairy types.

Overall, Hydreigon beats out Zoroark pretty much every time, so I think that Hydreigon should be A rank, and Zoroark should be B rank.
You know what? You're right, I tend to overestimate Zoroark's ability because of how much I tend to mindgame people, was a mistake on my part, my bad.
I'll edit some stuff around and switch up the ranks.

I agree with a lot of the changes you have all made, but I must disagree with Shaymin being unranked (I believe the previously-stated life orb set is well worth consideration for Grass teams, and in the event that Skymin is ever rebanned there should at least be a notable backup for it) and Toxicroak moving back to at least B or C rank (sure it's walled by Fairy/Steel but besides that it can be a very respectable addition and serious threat once those switch-ins are eliminated.

Also Rotom-W being walled by Gastro does not in any way justify a move to A rank. Electric has plenty of switch in options in the event of Gastro and can provide grass moves with Eeleektross and Thundurus, and it isn't that bad of a result when taking in a Toxic. ChoiceTrick also hurts Gastro pretty bad, and while it isn't always seen on Rotom-W it is certainly there.
If Skymin ends up being banned (i hope it does) I'll re-add it since it will be an option again. Until then, nobody should use Shaymin since they have a monster to abuse :[

The reason why I moved Toxicroak down is because its main niches are Sucker Punch, Gunk Shot, and Dry Skin. Obviously, no Latios is going to stay in on a potential Sucker Punch and Slowbro can still wall it, but barely.

252+ Atk Life Orb Toxicroak Gunk Shot vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Slowbro: 165-195 (41.8 - 49.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
This may seem promising, but it lacks the 2HKO. Slowbro can Slack Off stall until it misses. (It can Poison it, but that means you'll have to do some mind games. 70 Accuracy sucks, and I'm calcing Adamant instead of Jolly.)

0 SpA Slowbro Ice Beam vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Toxicroak: 91-108 (29.6 - 35.1%) -- 17.4% chance to 3HKO
In case if you want to spam Sub + Bulk Up

Another problem with Toxicroak is that it gives free turns for Mawile / Klefiki. Since Fighting is an offensive type, Screens or a +2 Mawile will hurt your team. You can try and switch into Terrakion / Keldeo, but there's a chance for your opponent to predict that and go straight to the Play Rough.
However, I can see Toxicroak being C rank. If other people agree with it, I'll change it.

As for Rotom-W, it's used on Electric teams for a fast Hydro Pumper (ground types), a check to Sand Rush Excadrill, and a Tricker (Chansey). However:

252+ Atk Life Orb Excadrill Rock Slide vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Rotom-W: 114-135 (47.3 - 56%) -- 80.1% chance to 2HKO
It dies to 2 Rock Slides (80% of the time) which is a pain. Ground Types can generally keep up Rocks as well with a combo of Toxic and Stealth Rock. Excadrill sweeps after that since it's immune to Thundurus's T-wave.
The Eel is arguably the better Excadrill check since it's immune to Earthquake, Resists Iron Head, takes Neutral damage from Rock Slide, and is a lot bulkier.

As for a Tricker, more experienced players can see it a mile away. Esp when you bring in a Rotom-W against a Chansey. Yes, you will cripple something, but chances are, it won't be Chansey. It's still a great thing tho.

Lets say you tricked your scarf onto Gastrodon, what then? If you burn it, it'll be harder to kill (Toxic it > Burn it), you can't Volt Switch, and you can't Hydro Pump it. Gastrodon will most likely use Toxic, and if you don't have a Magnezone, something's going to get crippled. Besides, what can hit a Gastrodon?

252 Atk Life Orb Electivire Cross Chop vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Gastrodon: 187-221 (43.8 - 51.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery (Most people run Scarf)

Most Eels run Knock Off, Rock Slide, Drain Punch, U-turn / Fire Punch w/ an Assault Vest since Electric monos lack good Physical attackers.

4 SpA Eelektross Giga Drain vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Gastrodon: 184-220 (43.1 - 51.6%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
Still lacks the 2HKO :[

Yes, the HP Grass / Grass Knot is always an option, but running it will limit your coverage by a lot. And most of the time, you'll only be able to hit Gastrodon via switch-in.

252 SpA Life Orb Thundurus Grass Knot (60 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Gastrodon: 270-322 (63.3 - 75.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Choice Specs Jolteon Hidden Power Grass vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Gastrodon: 288-340 (67.6 - 79.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

It can switch right back out, and Recover later since half of the mons can't even hit it for a decent amount of damage.

Rotom-W is a great Pokemon, but it isn't S rank :[

Tl;Dr
Toxicroak can move up to C if you find enough support
Rotom-W stays A rank unless if you convince me ;)

Carbink does have 1 niche over Diancie, and that's sturdy; which means guaranteed st/screens/tr + item. But yeah other than that, it is outclassed.
I should also mention that with the arrival of mega form, diancie takes on a completly diffrent role and lowers it's defences, so tehnically you could use carbink and diance together.
I'll re-add Carbink once ORAS comes out. Until then, no one should use it. :]

As much as I do love using Umbreon, I admit it isn't A quality. I think at the time that I made my ranking post, I was still trying to figure out the exact definitions of each rank. Now that most of the significant pokemon are ranked, the definitions of A rank, B rank, etc are more clear and defined. B rank suits Umbreon better than A (even though I vastly prefer Umbreon over Tyranitar).
I pretty much agree with all of the other ranking changes. I'm not entirely convinced on your proposal to change Heracross to S rank, but Mamoswine and Azumarill should both be S rank, as you suggested.

If Shaymin-Sky were banned at the moment, Shaymin-Land should definitely have some sort of rank, but due to the species clause you cannot have both Shaymin-Sky and Shaymin-Land on the same team. I don't see any reason why anyone would ever choose the Land form if they have access to the Sky form. As long as Shaymin-Sky is legal, Shaymin-Land has way too high of an opportunity cost. If Skymin ever gets re-banned, we can always change Shaymin-Land's rank to something higher.
Yeah, Heracross is pretty debatable. I want to see what the community thinks, but I personally think it's S rank from what I've written.
I'll re-add Shaymin when it gets banned because Natural Cure + Rest is a bitch to every unprepared team.

Last edited:

truedrew

Banned deucer.
Anttyaz , Why would thundurs run hidden power grass? in almost all cases grass knot is better as it obliterates gastrodon AND hippowdon

252 SpA Thundurus Grass Knot (60 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Gastrodon: 228-272 (53.5 - 63.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

grass knot always guarantees the 2hko regardless of gastrodons investment and thundurus' item and also grass knot is better vs swampert when vs water and quag

252 SpA Thundurus Grass Knot (120 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Hippowdon: 226-266 (53.8 - 63.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Note these are without life orb as there is not muc differnce and lefties can help vs those sr teams

Now onto rotom-w

If one is running bulky rotom-w then they can single handedly beat ground as nothing on ground likes taking it on as will-o-wisp cripples excadrill/ any physicall attacker and with pain split/rest rotom is an annoying ass pokemon because grounds answers are limited to mixed garchomp whom can be outstalled with pain split + wisp as rotom is getting good support from its neighbours. But then again all said and done its restoration method is eh so A+ rank is gud.

And regarding mega cross---- It should definitely be A-rank oweing to the fact it destroys psychic if it gets sticky support ( on bug) or on fighting it easily demolishes the defensive core as pin missile is a strong attack after 5 hits and slowbro/victini/mel get owned by it and the only hope owing to mew whom can be checked by AV conk as it can eat up the wisp and proceed to rofl stomp shit with Knock Off and also the only viable thing on Psychic which resists / neutral to it is either gard/medi/gallade but none of them can switch in as huge damage may put them in ko range

Making a nomination for Sableye to get raised to S rank

Sableye is so good at crippling attackers. With access to Prankster, and Recover, if one does not have Fairy-types to counter Sableye, Sableye itself could win the game.

Sableye can carry many movesets, but some moves are permanent as they are staples to Sableye's success. Recover, and Will-O-Wisp, are two moves that almost all Sableye Carry. Recover keeps Sableye health, WoW keeps physical attackers from doing too much damage to Sableye.

Sableye can also carry Confuse Ray - A great move to have, the 50% confusion chance really helps Sableye out. Even if it is fair and confusion is only 50% of the time, Sableye can surely work on its own. Confide is another great move as it lowers the foe's special attack by 1. This could really work out for Sableye, as Sableye doesn't really have anything except confusion to save itself from special attackers.

Sableye also has a great typing, being only weak to Fairy-types, while resisting, and being totally immune to three types.

The only weaknesses I see Sableye having are Fairy-types, and hax, and hard hitting special attackers

Acast

Ghost of a Forum Mod & PS Room Owner
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus

Sableye is so good at crippling attackers. With access to Prankster, and Recover, if one does not have Fairy-types to counter Sableye, Sableye itself could win the game.

Sableye can carry many movesets, but some moves are permanent as they are staples to Sableye's success. Recover, and Will-O-Wisp, are two moves that almost all Sableye Carry. Recover keeps Sableye health, WoW keeps physical attackers from doing too much damage to Sableye.

Sableye can also carry Confuse Ray - A great move to have, the 50% confusion chance really helps Sableye out. Even if it is fair and confusion is only 50% of the time, Sableye can surely work on its own. Confide is another great move as it lowers the foe's special attack by 1. This could really work out for Sableye, as Sableye doesn't really have anything except confusion to save itself from special attackers.

Sableye also has a great typing, being only weak to Fairy-types, while resisting, and being totally immune to three types.

The only weaknesses I see Sableye having are Fairy-types, and hax, and hard hitting special attackers
Are you referring to Sableye on Ghost or on Dark? Regardless of the type you are referring to, I disagree with it being S rank. Sableye does have priority Will-o-wisp, but it is a little too reliant upon that move just to stay alive. Fire pokemon and their immunity to burn really give Sableye trouble. In a matchup against a Fire team, the most that a typical Sableye can hope to do is prevent setup sweeping with Taunt and maybe get some damage in with Knock Off or Foul Play. Another thing to keep in mind is that it's usually a somewhat predictable Pokemon. At least until ORAS, you won't see many sets outside of Taunt, Will-o-wisp, Recover, Knock Off/Foul Play. Yes, Sableye is good, but it's not 'S rank' good. Sableye is very comfortable in A rank for both types.

A Rank: Reserved for Pokemon that have S rank qualities, but need support (which can be easily given) in order for them to be successful. These Pokemon can play a role against most type matchups, but they may be hard walled by 1-2 types. However, these Pokemon are mostly used for one or two of their sets meaning that they can be predictable. These Pokemon influence the Metagame.

Honestly, it's like that description was tailor-made for Sableye.

Archeops (Rock)
Where is the acrobatics set? It tears holes in fighting, which is one of the main reasons to bother with this.

Archeops @ Sitrus Berry/No Item/Power Herb
Jolly Nature
- Acrobatics
- Stone Edge
- U-turn
- Head Smash/Heat Wave/Earth Power/Sky Attack

Where is the acrobatics set? It tears holes in fighting, which is one of the main reasons to bother with this.

Archeops @ Sitrus Berry/No Item/Power Herb
Jolly Nature
- Acrobatics
- Stone Edge
- U-turn
- Head Smash/Heat Wave/Earth Power/Sky Attack
Stone edge + head smash? Really?
I did mention acrobatics + sky attack.It's viable, but not nearly as much as choiced sets.

truedrew

Banned deucer.
I did mention acrobatics + sky attack.It's viable, but not nearly as much as choiced sets.
I believe that stone edge is there for consistent stab as to not cause archeops to incur the wrath of defeatist earlier than it needs too instead head smash may serve as a high BP move which can be used as a suicide attack when health is low as despite its attack being halved, head smash can dent a lot of frailer pokemon looking to set up on a weakened archeops. Also if low enough, the recoil will kill archeops allowing for a teammate to be brought in for free and potentially allowing a set up/ break feast

truedrew

Banned deucer.

In addition to the things mentioned above i would like to add that CM sableye is an eyesore as cm+wisp+recover+attack is really annoying cus it can easily break down mono fighting and mono normal with that set (thanks to unity members for showing me that) seeing as on normal only toxic but it can forgo the attack for taunt and then proceed to burn/out stall errything also on an intresting note, it gains access to metal burst which can let it act as a suicide pokemon ( not likely but w/e shit is dead at the and)

I believe that stone edge is there for consistent stab as to not cause archeops to incur the wrath of defeatist earlier than it needs too instead head smash may serve as a high BP move which can be used as a suicide attack when health is low as despite its attack being halved, head smash can dent a lot of frailer pokemon looking to set up on a weakened archeops. Also if low enough, the recoil will kill archeops allowing for a teammate to be brought in for free and potentially allowing a set up/ break feast
That's just bad. Running 2 moves of the same type might be viable in normal play, but in monotype, if you encounter a type that ressits a rock move, you basicly wasted 2 move slots. Seems stupid, esspecialy on a pokemon with a big coverage.

Are you referring to Sableye on Ghost or on Dark? Regardless of the type you are referring to, I disagree with it being S rank. Sableye does have priority Will-o-wisp, but it is a little too reliant upon that move just to stay alive. Fire pokemon and their immunity to burn really give Sableye trouble. In a matchup against a Fire team, the most that a typical Sableye can hope to do is prevent setup sweeping with Taunt and maybe get some damage in with Knock Off or Foul Play. Another thing to keep in mind is that it's usually a somewhat predictable Pokemon. At least until ORAS, you won't see many sets outside of Taunt, Will-o-wisp, Recover, Knock Off/Foul Play. Yes, Sableye is good, but it's not 'S rank' good. Sableye is very comfortable in A rank for both types.

A Rank: Reserved for Pokemon that have S rank qualities, but need support (which can be easily given) in order for them to be successful. These Pokemon can play a role against most type matchups, but they may be hard walled by 1-2 types. However, these Pokemon are mostly used for one or two of their sets meaning that they can be predictable. These Pokemon influence the Metagame.

Honestly, it's like that description was tailor-made for Sableye.
I see your point, and I guess A would be a better fit for Sableye. But if thats the case then why is Chansey in S? Chansey can't do anything to Fighting-types, as it can get OHKOed by many physical Fighting-types. Also, there aren't too many movesets for chansey (that are viable). Maybe Chansey should move down into A as well?

Acast

I see your point, and I guess A would be a better fit for Sableye. But if thats the case then why is Chansey in S? Chansey can't do anything to Fighting-types, as it can get OHKOed by many physical Fighting-types. Also, there aren't too many movesets for chansey (that are viable). Maybe Chansey should move down into A as well?
I see what you mean, but unlike Sableye, Chansey has many very viable support options. Most of Sableye's support moves are focused on only crippling the opponent in front of it. Chansey has options that support the entire team throughout the match, and it has the bulk to use those moves without worrying about getting OHKO'd unless a physical fighting type is on the field. Specifically, these moves are Stealth Rock, Heal Bell, and Wish. Chansey can stall out its opponents just like Sableye can and it can also support its entire team and switch between those two roles at will. Chansey is not useless in a Fighting match up either. It forms a very potent defensive core with bulky Staraptor, with raptor taking on the physical fighters and Chansey taking on the special ones. Of course Keldeo is an issue with Secret Sword, but that's just about playing around Keldeo's choice item (assuming it's not the CM set) and KOing it when it's locked into a move that won't do too much. Or you could let Chansey take a hit and then Thunder Wave the Keldeo so it's easier to KO later on.

252 SpA Choice Specs Keldeo Secret Sword vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 548-648 (77.8 - 92%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

All Chansey needs to do is live one Secret Sword to paralyze it.

tl;dr You will find quite a few good Dark and Ghost teams that don't use Sableye. It would be much more difficult to find a good Normal team that doesn't use Chansey.

Gallade A Rank (Psychic)
Gallade (M) @ Assault Vest

Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Drain Punch
- Rock Slide
- Shadow Sneak

Gallade (M) @ Lum Berry/ Life Orb

EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD note evs can be max special defense with careful nature
Adamant Nature
- Bulk Up
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- Shadow Sneak

Gallade (M) @ Choice Scarf

Jolly Nature
- Rock Slide
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Psycho Cut/ Thunder Punch/ Ice Punch

Gallade (M) @ Choice Band

Jolly Nature
- Rock Slide
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Shadow Sneak

The sets
Gallade is an amazing pokemon on Psychic for Psychic users who do not use Mega Medi it provides physical fighting coverage as well as hard hitting poke with knock off. The main set is AV it is an amazing set overall since gallade most often does not use many support moves outside of like bulk up. Overall it is a decent check to Volcarona (which should be A Rank for Bug). Overall the av set is solid and eats up special attacks and deals massive damage as well. The other sets like bulk up require set up but can be effective if used correctly and set up correctly. Another set i did not put that works similar to bulk up which is swords dance. Gallade can also run a choice scarf set but Victini on Psychic performs role better and similar situation with choice banned set.
Why A Rank
The thing that makes Gallade useful is knock off which makes it an option to use over Mega Medi. Overall its ability to check Volcarona with AV set and physical fighting stab without needing mega stone and its great big physical movepull makes it a great poke for Mega Gard users and gives it the A Rank because it can spam knock off and take special moves with AV very well.

I see what you mean, but unlike Sableye, Chansey has many very viable support options. Most of Sableye's support moves are focused on only crippling the opponent in front of it. Chansey has options that support the entire team throughout the match, and it has the bulk to use those moves without worrying about getting OHKO'd unless a physical fighting type is on the field. Specifically, these moves are Stealth Rock, Heal Bell, and Wish. Chansey can stall out its opponents just like Sableye can and it can also support its entire team and switch between those two roles at will. Chansey is not useless in a Fighting match up either. It forms a very potent defensive core with bulky Staraptor, with raptor taking on the physical fighters and Chansey taking on the special ones. Of course Keldeo is an issue with Secret Sword, but that's just about playing around Keldeo's choice item (assuming it's not the CM set) and KOing it when it's locked into a move that won't do too much. Or you could let Chansey take a hit and then Thunder Wave the Keldeo so it's easier to KO later on.

252 SpA Choice Specs Keldeo Secret Sword vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 548-648 (77.8 - 92%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

All Chansey needs to do is live one Secret Sword to paralyze it.

tl;dr You will find quite a few good Dark and Ghost teams that don't use Sableye. It would be much more difficult to find a good Normal team that doesn't use Chansey.
I don't think Chansey has that many viable sets. Also, you are talking about one Fighting-type. A mono Fighting team has so many more attackers other than just Keldeo. Chansey HAS to carry one status inducing move probably Toxic, or Thunder Wave. Soft-Boiled is also a MUST move for Chansey. An attacking move is also pretty common such as Seismic Toss, and sometimes Heal Bell/Aromatherapy is used for the fourth slot

Acast

I don't think Chansey has that many viable sets. Also, you are talking about one Fighting-type. A mono Fighting team has so many more attackers other than just Keldeo. Chansey HAS to carry one status inducing move probably Toxic, or Thunder Wave. Soft-Boiled is also a MUST move for Chansey. An attacking move is also pretty common such as Seismic Toss, and sometimes Heal Bell/Aromatherapy is used for the fourth slot
I said that Chansey and bulky Staraptor together form a core that can take on Fighting teams.
It forms a very potent defensive core with bulky Staraptor, with raptor taking on the physical fighters and Chansey taking on the special ones. Of course Keldeo is an issue with Secret Sword.
I only specifically mentioned Keldeo because Secret Sword does physical damage but its power does not get lowered by Staraptor's Intimidate so it is the biggest threat to this core. I won't be talking about every Fighting type Pokemon because everyone is aware that Fighting does have the advantage. It doesn't need to be explained.
Also, Chansey does not have to carry a status move and Soft-boiled is not a must. Wish is arguably much better because it can heal itself as well as passing massive amounts of HP recovery to its teammates. Chansey does have a typical set just as Sableye does, but Chansey's typical set has multiple interchangeable parts and it can also pull off other sets more successfully than Sableye can due to its bulk. Sableye will almost always have Taunt, Recover, Will-o-wisp/Toxic, Knock Off/Foul Play. Chansey's typical set is Wish/Softboiled, Protect/Stealth Rock/Heal Bell, Toxic/Thunder Wave/Stealth Rock/Heal Bell, Seismic Toss. The options are plentiful. It's going to be very difficult to convince me that Chansey and Sableye are comparable in usefulness.

Chansey is a needed wall on normal team no other poke eats up special hits like it does on mono normal with evoilite. Also you are forgeting to mention that chansey can wish pass a big hp wish over to its teammates on a mono normal team. Also saying Sableyee deserves S Rank is kinda eh it is easily predictable as you say with chansey it will cary wil-o recover then a move being s-toss or foul play or knock off and they tend to carry taunt. Also many monos have fairy types that kill Sableye in 1 hit and have fire users as well to take the Wilo. Also confuse ray is a 50 50 move which makes it not a good move also read S Rank description
S Rank: Reserved for Pokemon that can easily play a role against a majority of type matchups with ease, meaning it will never be useless in any matchup. These Pokemon need little to no support (which can be easily given) for them to do their job (Both Defensive and Offensive). They are easy to bring in and out, and often with little to no risk (Mostly Defensive). They can fulfill a ton of roles depending on what you need. These Pokemon define the metagame.
Sableye is useless in many matchups such as fire water fairy psy( with Mega Gard) electric and types that have many special attackers and have a good wil-o absorber. for example chansey is never useless as shown in acast's calc every single matchup i see chansey is never useless it always causes some sort of direct or indirect damage. Sure knock off is common but many fire types in the meta cause Sableye to a useless poke just to be saced. With ghost monos i find it very useful vs dark because bisharp is a thing and the biggest problem with Sableye is it has no way to beat conk beside getting very lucky with confuse ray and also infernape also deals with i say it should stay A rank cause it does influence the meta a lot but it can be useless in battle often

calcs for chansey
212 Atk Life Orb Infernape Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 562-663 (79.8 - 94.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Terrakion Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 518-612 (73.5 - 86.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Conkeldurr Drain Punch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 378-446 (53.6 - 63.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Overall these calcs do not lie that chansey can take even most powerful super effective hits thus making it useful in a fighting matchup

From my personal experience, Fighting teams rarely carry other Special Mons other than Keldeo since they aren't suited for the current metagame. Lucario is too slow, Infernape is too frail, and Cobalion is better off as a defensive mon (Only Mon that can live a +2 Return / Quick Attack from Pinsir). I'd have to agree with Acast with this one. Normal can sweep Fighting with Bulky Raptor (Intimidate, Roost, BB, Feather Dance) and Chansey if played right. And since most Keldeos are Specs for the immediate power it makes predicting a lot easier than Sub CM variants.
Sableye and Chansey play different roles. Sableye is a supporter that can quickly cripple physical attackers / shut down defensive mons w/ Taunt while Chansey is a cleric that can Heal Bell and Wish pass. They are both great at their jobs tho.

As for the S / A Rank stuff. I feel like Sableye is a half and half.

S Rank: Reserved for Pokemon that can easily play a role against a majority of type matchups with ease, meaning it will never be useless in any matchup. These Pokemon need little to no support (which can be easily given) for them to do their job (Both Defensive and Offensive). They are easy to bring in and out, and often with little to no risk (Mostly Defensive). They can fulfill a ton of roles depending on what you need. These Pokemon define the metagame.

S Rank Qualities (Sableye)

- Reserved for Pokemon that can easily play a role against a majority of type matchups with ease
- These Pokemon need little to no support (which can be easily given) for them to do their job

A Rank Qualities (Sableye)

- These Pokemon can play a role against most type matchups, but they may be hard walled by 1-2 types (Mainly Fire)
- However, these Pokemon are mostly used for one or two of their sets meaning that they can be predictable (Standard Taunt, Will-o, etc)

The question is, "Is Sableye metagame defining? Or is it influential? That's 100% debatable, but I feel like every team should prepare for it, but I hardly see people dedicating slots on beating it.

As for Chansey..

S Rank Qualities (Chansey)

- Reserved for Pokemon that can easily play a role against a majority of type matchups with ease, meaning it will never be useless in any matchup.
- These Pokemon need little to no support (which can be easily given) for them to do their job (Both Defensive and Offensive). (Bulky Raptor + Porygon2 can singlehandedly provide the support that Chansey needs)
- They are easy to bring in and out, and often with little to no risk (Mostly Defensive). (Just bring it in on a special move.)
A Rank Qualities (Chansey)

- However, these Pokemon are mostly used for one or two of their sets meaning that they can be predictable. (It's either the Stealth Rock + T-wave / Toxic set or the Wish passer set.)
- These Pokemon can play a role against most type matchups, but they may be hard walled by 1-2 types. (This is my fault, they're overlapping in a way. Chansey is never useless, but it is hardwalled by Steels, Psychic (Occasionally), and Ghost (Namely Aegislash)

Already, you can already see that Chansey fufills most of the S rank qualities while having some A rank qualities as well. Also, as I said before, the main question is "Is Chansey metagame defining? Or is it influential? Once again, this is debatable. But to me, I think that it is metagame defining. People have been running Trick, Knock Off + Superpower sets in Electric Monotypes just to deal with Chansey. Every team needs to bring a strong Physical Attacker to prevent Chansey from sweeping their team.

Tl;dr
Sableye = A (More arguments maybe?)
Chansey = S

I can always provide more arguments if you want. It's late so I'm a little lazy ;w;

Calcs:

252 SpA Choice Specs Latios Psyshock vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 261-307 (37 - 43.6%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
+1 252 Atk Genesect U-turn vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 214-253 (30.3 - 35.9%) -- 44.9% chance to 3HKO
+1 252+ Atk Charizard Flare Blitz vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 318-375 (45.1 - 53.2%) -- 33.2% chance to 2HKO

+1 252+ Atk Dragonite Outrage vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 438-516 (62.2 - 73.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Promising?

+1 252+ Atk Dragonite Outrage vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Porygon2: 169-201 (45.1 - 53.7%) -- 37.9% chance to 2HKO

Don't forget that it traces Multiscale if it's at full health. Besides, most Dragonites run Dragon Claw in DD sets.

Last edited:
Basically what truedrew said. Once defeatist has activated, the extra power of Head smash offsets the damage decrease somewhat, while also providing a stupidly strong attack beforehand. It isn't standard, but it is an option, hence the slash. I would discourage the use of it as your main STAB though, due to it bringing you into defeatist range incredibly quickly.

Also, choice items in general require a lot of switching, due to the lock in effect. On a mon weak to stealth rock, this can often be detrimental, but to one with such a horrid ability, it can be a massive problem. Non-choiced sets suit Archeops a lot more, making it a lot harder to force out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)