Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

I am doing my second Wondercard abuse on Platinum, and I am having a bit of trouble hitting the even frame with no roamers. I am trying for:

Seed: 0A140262
Frame: 26
31/31/31/9/31/31

This means I should do 12 journal flips. I am confused about how long I have to wait to collect the gift. Does the NPC actually have to move or am I supposed to wait for a short period of time without the NPC moving?

If you want to have that extra frame be advanced by the NPC, just save until you find a point when you know the NPC is going to make some type of turn when you enter the game (not a turn and step or non movement). Otherwise just have one roamer out and save when the NPC won't move.

Edit: Also, I'm pretty sure for each delay you hit the NPC makes the same movement every time, and it varies from delay to delay (for each different save point). So if you happen to hit your delay and the NPC does an extra move you didn't want him to, you may have to re-save and try again.

I'm not sure if this is supposed to be relevant, but is there anything you can do to find a good IV spread at all? I can't... even with moving the year ahead by 100 years...

I'm not sure if this is supposed to be relevant, but is there anything you can do to find a good IV spread at all? I can't... even with moving the year ahead by 100 years...

That all depends on what your aiming for. A BP is very easy to accomplish that, but for catches there was an article somewhere on how not to have that happen

Can someone please explain the difference between catching pokemon in grass, caves, etc. and catching stationary pokemon? (in HG btw, if it matters)

For something like Zapdos (assuming the target frame is 90 for example), what I'd do is hit the delay/time, advance the frame to 89 via elm calls, then talk to it.

So for wild pokemon (assuming the target frame is 90 again), what I would guess I'm supposed to do is hit the delay/time, advance the frame to 89, then use sweet scent.

But can someone please explain how encounter slots work? I looked at http://www.eggmove.com/encounterheartgold.htm and my question is - on route 38 for example, how would I get a magnemite with the spread I want as opposed to a rattata, miltank, etc.?

Also, are there any other notable differences between RNGing wild pokemon and stationary pokemon?

On the main window of RNG reporter, once you enter in your seed/synch/Method and generate. Right click on the desire spread you want and you should see encounter slots. Click it and you'll see what encounter slot that spread has - if it matches with the link you posted, then you're good to go. If it doesn't, find another spread.

Notable differences = possibility of roaming NPCs for wild pokemon captures.

Frame advancements with sweetscent in grass seems to be +1 so it matches what you'd do with stationary. I'm not sure about caves though (will have to do another capture for that) but I think surf is +2 based on the Staryu I caught.

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Frame advancements with sweetscent in grass seems to be +1 so it matches what you'd do with stationary. I'm not sure about caves though (will have to do another capture for that) but I think surf is +2 based on the Staryu I caught.
to expand on this, Sweet Scent advancements seem to vary from game to game. It can be +1 or +2 for grass and +2 or +3 on water. Once you find out which it is for your game it will remain the same value for every attempt to RNG. This only applies to HGSS, as in DPP it seems to be a set number.

Now that clears thing up for me sooo much, haha. I was wondering if it was me or why I was getting varied results from someone else, XD. Thanks Nexus :P

Is the shiny egg tab in the time finder not working for anyone else, since they got the newer RNG Reporter?

EDIT: Nevermind, it works now. Idk what happened though O_o ...

Can anyone take me through the required steps to RNG the roamers when you're in the Champion's Room, please? I've currently got them all killed off but found a hot spread which works for all 3...I've heard that the process is considerably more complicated as you can't make phone calls though. What do I have to do?

Thanks! But I still don't get the most important part : when i have an encounter slot, say 3, what do I do with it? What about the encounter table? And Actual Frame? Could someone explain step by step how it works to guarantee i catch, the poke I want( with the spread i want)?
I've only RNGed stationary legends so far, so Im not familiar with the encounter slot concept.
Looks like this was forgotten. I don't get how to get the pokemon I want in the wild , when there are several species of pookemon that can appear there. I just don't understand how all the encounter slot stuff works. Any help?

Buried a page ago. I'm pretty sure that there's a simple answer, though.
You pretty much have to take an educated guess and choose the one closest to the target seconds and then adjust your DS minutes to compensate for the wrong seconds results. Don't forget that adjusting your delay may affect the seconds arriving in the game, so you might want to adjust only the delay for the first time, to see if you get closer to your target, and then adjust the DS minutes, to see if the seconds start matching up or getting closer.

@ Osostewie, I haven't installed it yet.

Bulbapedia says that you can fish Staryu on route 223 using the super Rod (in platinum). This is the only place where I can get all wandering NPC to stop and fish a Staryu. Only problem : the RNG reporter Platinum encounter table does not mention the fact that there are Staryu in route 223...It just isn't in the table. Probably a little mistake. Where could I find another table, or does someone know Staryu's encounter slot there?

Christian

Veni, vidi, vici
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Bulbapedia says that you can fish Staryu on route 223 using the super Rod (in platinum). This is the only place where I can get all wandering NPC to stop and fish a Staryu. Only problem : the RNG reporter Platinum encounter table does not mention the fact that there are Staryu in route 223...It just isn't in the table. Probably a little mistake. Where could I find another table, or does someone know Staryu's encounter slot there?
You cannot fish staryu on route 223, bulbapedia maybe is wrong

You can only fish staryu (Super Rod) in Canalave or Sunyshore City, but there are many NPCs so you've to be careful.
But fishing it in HG/SS is easier than Platinum IMO

Hello fellow RNGers. I have a question about wondercard RNGing. I am going to be RNGing my friends Jirachi wondercard and I would like to know how it is done. Is it the same as the Pt way of RNGing? Also, are there any special Seed programs just for RNGing wondercards in HGSS?

In HGSS, if I beat Red, do the roamers reset and/or will it mess up something in the RNG? Just curious because Red plays the credits again and I don't want to mess up the RNG. The roamers isn't a huge issue, more of an inconvenience. Thanks in advance =)

Reklaw - I just did my Jirachi wondercard this evening! ^^ It was actually pretty simple - if you go to Smogon's RNG guide there's a page for wondercard Pokemon. Ignore most of it if you already know how to RNG on HGSS, the important bit is the seeds/spreads in the table. Pick a spread you like - natures don't matter, they're assigned randomly - and save in front of the delivery guy in Cerulean. (no NPCs!) From here just RNG as you normally would with your chosen seed from the table, and just repeat the process til you get a nature you like.

PS I don't know if it was just my game or a general Rachi wondercard thing, but when advancing my frame I had to stop on the frame after rather than the frame before my target frame. Dunno if it'd be the same on yours, but if something goes wrong and you don't know what it could be that. Good luck!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 18)