Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

The newest version of PokéRNG has encounter slot support (double-click on a spread to list all possible encounter slots and their frames). I've finished an update for it that adds searching by encounter slots; this will be up within the next few hours.

BTW, to search for Pokéwalker frames using PokéRNG, set the year to 2000, and the minimum and maximum delays to 0 and 99. Remember that the Pokéwalker frame is the method 1 frame + 2. That way, you'll only get seeds that are possible on the Pokéwalker. See Wild Eep's guide for info on natures (my post is really just a collection of info; Wild Eep's is more of a guide).

When you do the IV RNGing, are the numbers in the frame supposed to match the numbers you chose? Lets say I chose flawless IVs. And its frame 11. But when I put it into the main RNG reporter, frame 11 doesn't have those perfect IVs. Am I doing something wrong?

When you do the IV RNGing, are the numbers in the frame supposed to match the numbers you chose? Lets say I chose flawless IVs. And its frame 11. But when I put it into the main RNG reporter, frame 11 doesn't have those perfect IVs. Am I doing something wrong?
Yes, you are. You probably have chosen the wrong method where the Egg IV's/Stationary Legends/Wonder Card Pokemons are generated.

Method J (DPPt) or K (HGSS) for Stationary Legends.
Method 1 for Wonder Cards.
Method Breeding (DPPt / HGSS) for Eggs.

Yes, you are. You probably have chosen the wrong method where the Egg IV's/Stationary Legends/Wonder Card Pokemons are generated.

Method J (DPPt) or K (HGSS) for Stationary Legends.
Method 1 for Wonder Cards.
Method Breeding (DPPt / HGSS) for Eggs.
Aha, now I got it. Thank you!

Just to let everyone know, PokéRNG has been updated yet again; this time, I added support for searching by encounter slots and copying to the clipboard, as well as a few other things. Oh, and I made a neat program for seed checking in D/P/Pt using the Coin Flip app.

I've seen guides up and down about how to RNG shiny eggs, but none about how to just get a normal RNG'd egg. How do I search for a good seed for an egg that's NOT shiny? I'm using SoulSilver.

I've seen guides up and down about how to RNG shiny eggs, but none about how to just get a normal RNG'd egg. How do I search for a good seed for an egg that's NOT shiny? I'm using SoulSilver.
Just use a random ID/SID combo that is not yours, and the rest of the process is the same.

Awesome, thank you! I'm pretty good at hitting delays, so this shouldn't be too hard compared to Wondercard or wild pokemon RNG.

I'm following a guide on Youtube and I'm doing the calibration part for SoulSilver. How come half the time when I enter the IVs on RNG Reporter it says "No reasonable initial seed found. Please check your date and time." I've made sure my date and time are correct.

I hit the correct delay (verified via Elm calls) and deposited my pokes. The desired nature and gender were in egg 2 so I saved in front of Daycare Man before accepting that egg. However, the nature of egg 2 should be the one from the initial delay I hit, right? I didn't RNG for IVs because I wanted to check if the nature was the one I wanted. The poke that hatched had the right gender, but the wrong nature.

Are nature and gender set for a certain egg frame when you deposit the parents in the daycare? I assume that's the reason for having to RNG twice (once for gender/nature, once for IVs).

I need help. I've been trying to follow this tutorial:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=El5VZ2OMEPU

First of all, this is my first time ever trying to do this. I'm trying to breed for a shiny with as close to flawless IV's as possible on SoulSilver. This is what I've done step by step.

1) Opened RNG Reporter
2) Clicked on Time Finder
3) Clicked on the Shiny Egg tab.
4) Entered my ID and SID
5) Put the correct date and desired nature, gender, and ability.
6) Checked off the HGSS Shiny Egg box.
7) I don't know what Min/Max delay is but from the video I put in 490-900
8) Clicked on Generate
9) Looked for the one that has Frame 1 (Seed: 7007027C, Time: 7:52:50, Delay: 625)
10) Right clicked and clicked on Generate More Times..
11) Checked off the HGSS circle, and the box and entered 50 seconds. Then clicked Generate
12) Looked for today's date 2/5/2011, clicked on it and then hit Generate
13) Looked for one that had a delay of 625 (Seed: 6F07027C, 2/5/2011, 07:52:49, 625)
14) I set my DS to that date and time, and on PikaTimer I put in 480 for Calibrated Delay, 625 for wanted delay, both Calibrated Second and Wanted Seconds for 50.
15) Clicked on Create Timer and got 57.58 for the First Timer and 52.42 for the Second Timer
16) I hit A on the DS to start the time at the same time as starting PikaTimer
17) I turned my DS off, put in my AR, and was ready to press start once the first timer reached 0. Then I waited until the second timer reached 0 to press Continue on my game.
18) I call Elm, and I never hit my seed. I enter my results of E, K, or P into Search Elm and it also doesn't find anything.

This is basically where I'm stuck. I've been trying for hours and can't get it to work. I already caught all the roamers, showed Elm Togepi and went to the PC with Pokerus. Someone pleaseeee help. If anyone has AIM and wants to help that way, please AIM me at iExploitss.

After rnging 4 pokes in Platnum, I decided to switch to HGSS.

The problem is this. At the initial stage, I got somehting like 493 for delay (which is normal), but 53 seconds? I did this at Mt Silver grass, on a bike. Help?

53 seconds is the seconds value of the time you entered the game at
If you want to know how many seconds you take from reset to getting in game, soft reset as soon as a new minute hits

@Exploits your calibrated seconds should be around 14, not 50 (also your wanted seconds should be 49 according to 13) ? didnt really understand your 11))
Is this your first time rng abusing or just first time for eggs ?
Because if its your first abuse you should practice on something easier first (like a catch), and practice hitting delays with pikatimer
With the correct values however you should eventually hit your seed, check for adjacents by entering elm answers
Wish I could help more but im too rusty.. gl

His Eminence Lord Poppington II

proverb:the fish who eats most dies still too
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I am trying to RNG Kyogre on HGSS, when advancing the frame is calling joey/elm acceptable? Or do I have to walk in and out of the cave or use the radio. Furthermore, do I stop on x amount of frames before or just stop on the target frame.

Edit: nvm, solved it.

Ok so i have checked everywhere and spent ages on google trying to find out this one question and id be really grateful if i could just get a quick yes or no answer at least to begin with. Does RNG work on flashcards?
ty in advance :)

Does RNG work on flashcards?
Yes it does.

My question:
I'm making my preparations for RNG'ing a Skarmory on Route 45. (Fucking Encounter Slot 9...)
If I RNG in the most northern patch of grass on the Route, are all NPC on the
Route loaded by the game? In other words, do I have to worry about
every single moving NPC on the route or just the ones that have a certain
"loading distance" from me?
Second question, also regarding that topic: Do I have to worry about
wandering NPC's in Blackthorn City as well if I'm close to the city, or does the
game only load the NPC's of the Route (45) I'm on?

Yes it does.
THANK YOU THANK YOU, and, THANK YOU AGAIN, You just made my day!! :D I felt so bad when I thought that I couldn't RNG because I had a flash card but now that I know I can, im ecstatic!! :). However im assuming that its a different procedure for them because well, it didnt work the normal way for me! Hehe. You wouldn't happen to know a guide would you? ^^

I need some help using Wichu's Wonder Card Helper. I'm trying to find a Flawless HP Fire Wondercard spread with an odd frame and even though I read the instructions, I'm really not sure how to input this all (though if anyone can provide me with one, then that saves me some trouble).

:EDIT:

Actually, I've tried some different combinations, but I'm not sure it even exists. Has anyone found a flawless HP Fire wondercard spread with an odd frame?

@Exploits your calibrated seconds should be around 14, not 50 (also your wanted seconds should be 49 according to 13) ? didnt really understand your 11))
Is this your first time rng abusing or just first time for eggs ?
Because if its your first abuse you should practice on something easier first (like a catch), and practice hitting delays with pikatimer
With the correct values however you should eventually hit your seed, check for adjacents by entering elm answers
Wish I could help more but im too rusty.. gl
Thanks.. I'll make some changes and see what happens. And yes, this is my first time RNG abusing.

I've been following Riski's guide to RNGing in HGSS and I'm following how to get a non-shiny Pokemon. However there one thing I don't understand:

9. Input this new seed into RNG Reporter Seed (Hex) and select the Egg PID

I understand I'm supposed to put the seed in the Reporter's Seed but I don't get if I'm supposed to have a particular method on cause I don't see an Egg PID.

I've been following Riski's guide to RNGing in HGSS and I'm following how to get a non-shiny Pokemon. However there one thing I don't understand:

9. Input this new seed into RNG Reporter Seed (Hex) and select the Egg PID

I understand I'm supposed to put the seed in the Reporter's Seed but I don't get if I'm supposed to have a particular method on cause I don't see an Egg PID.
There should be a Egg PID method in the method drop-down; select it, and click Generate.

I need some help using Wichu's Wonder Card Helper. I'm trying to find a Flawless HP Fire Wondercard spread with an odd frame and even though I read the instructions, I'm really not sure how to input this all (though if anyone can provide me with one, then that saves me some trouble).

:EDIT:

Actually, I've tried some different combinations, but I'm not sure it even exists. Has anyone found a flawless HP Fire wondercard spread with an odd frame?

New Page Post. Plus I tend to get forgotten

Is there any kind RNG abuser here that does his work on a flash cart that could help me, i would really appreciate it, just drop me a PM or something when your not busy ^^

His Eminence Lord Poppington II

proverb:the fish who eats most dies still too
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Yes it does.

My question:
I'm making my preparations for RNG'ing a Skarmory on Route 45. (Fucking Encounter Slot 9...)
If I RNG in the most northern patch of grass on the Route, are all NPC on the
Route loaded by the game? In other words, do I have to worry about
every single moving NPC on the route or just the ones that have a certain
"loading distance" from me?
Second question, also regarding that topic: Do I have to worry about
wandering NPC's in Blackthorn City as well if I'm close to the city, or does the
game only load the NPC's of the Route (45) I'm on?
Only the ones on the route you're on, it's easy to keep track of anyway, just track your frame advancement.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 21)