1. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  2. Welcome to Wi-Fi! Please remember to read the rules and do NOT create a new thread for simple trades or Friend Safari codes.
  3. Click here to ensure that you never miss a new SmogonU video upload!

Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Discussion in 'Wi-Fi' started by mingot, Mar 16, 2009.

1. Giorgosss

Giorgosss

Thank you ^_^
  2. Mephiztopheles

Mephiztopheles

As I said in the previous post, I have already captured them.
    Anything else that might be affecting my RNG?
  3. Musica

Musica

How about the not-so-noticeable NPC that moves when you try to get your egg from they Day-care Man?
  4. Bucky

Bucky

Which is easier to RNG for eggs, Platinum or HGSS?
  5. Wichu

Wichu Kittens
    is a Researcher Alumnus

HGSS all the way - less annoying NPCs.
  6. unsound

unsound

Hi guys,

I'm trying to RNG a starter Chikorita in Heartgold on the seed 390C0401 using Method 1. The spread I'm trying to hit is on Frame 1, which should generate a Bold female Chikorita with 29/26/27/27/29/31 IVs, so I don't have to advance the frames any. The time and date I'm aiming for is April 2nd, 2011 at 12:01:48. I'm plugging in the target delay of 1014 and the target second of 48 into EonTimer, starting up the game from the DS menu when the first timer goes to 0, and hitting Continue when the second timer goes to 0.

I've been doing this for awhile, but I still haven't hit the right seed. Am I doing everything right? Did I screw up somewhere? I've only RNGed for egg IVs in 4th Gen so I'm not sure if I'm getting the procedure correct, and any help would be greatly appreciated!
  7. ObviousEnd

ObviousEnd

I've decided to try an RNG a full set of shiny Unown, but things aren't working out the way I thought.

I'm using the following links to convert PID to binary and binary into decimal:
    http://www.easycalculation.com/hex-converter.php
    http://www.easycalculation.com/binary-converter.php

Using seed 01130323 and frame 8, which has the PID 21E241AD (according RNG Reporter 8 BETA 5), I went through the conversion process to get a final value of 17. According to your page here: http://www.smogon.com/ingame/rng/pid_iv_creation#unown_shape, this would result in an Unown R.

However, upon RNGing it, I come across an Unown Q instead. With every try I've done with different PIDs, the resultant Unown is always different from the Unown I'm "supposed" to get.

A second example, taken directly from my post elsewhere is:

"Then, I came across 2 Unown U in a row. One shiny, one not. I look at their PIDs, go through the whole process and... their final numbers don't match.

One had a value of 19, the other had 13. Both came out as Unown U."

Current results are (Final Value / Theoretical Letter / Obtained Letter):

14 / O / S
    24 / Y / B
    19 / T / U
    8 / I / P
    17 / R / Q

Is there a reason why I'm not getting the Unown I'm supposed to get?
  8. Mephiztopheles

Mephiztopheles

Could be that, but never before did it affect me :S
  9. Oathbound

Oathbound

I got a question about gen4 RNG, from the RNGreporter I understand is there anyway to hit the seed for IV 31/30/30/31/31/31 ?
    (in any methods)

It seems impossible to get such a seed with the RNGreporter.
    Thanks in advance.
  10. imapedarsag

imapedarsag

^increase your max delay and your frame. Are you sure you're in Time Finder and doing a Capture(the first tab) search with the right method?
  11. Oathbound

Oathbound

thanks for quick reply.but no matter how the delay/frame were increased, the seed founder will not find anything(it works with other IVs).
    and from other trading post I read this set of IV should be doable, thats why I am confused.
  12. Wichu

Wichu Kittens
    is a Researcher Alumnus

Use PokéRNG to find spreads for captures.
  13. Oathbound

Oathbound

thanks for helping, but it still does not explain how people done such iv set back in 2010 june/july
  14. ΩDonut

ΩDonut don't glaze me bro
    is a Pokemon Researcheris a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

In 4th gen, Unown shape is no longer determined by the PID. It is determined by the "formes" byte, the same one used for Wormadam form, Shaymin forme, etc.

At present, we do not know how the RNG decides what to use for Unown shape.
  15. Wichu

Wichu Kittens
    is a Researcher Alumnus

There was definitely a version of PokéRNG available then (the text-based version). I was using it way back in 2009 to get legendaries in Pearl.
  16. Exploits

Exploits

Hey Wichu, any chance PokeRNG gets an update for Gen 5?
  17. Triggz

Triggz

Any tips on how to advance the frame in Lugias cave? Also what Method is Gift Pokemon in SS such as the Extremespeed Dratini in the Dragons Den?
  18. Winters Zombie

Winters Zombie

Doesn't the radio work in his cavern? If not, advance it outside of his cavern than walk in.
    It's method 1.
  19. Triggz

Triggz

The phone and the radio both work right outside his cave just not inside.. walking from outside its lair to Lugia itself isn't going to make me miss the frame?
  20. Kiebin

Kiebin

You'll have to test that.
  21. disembark

disembark

RNG IV BREEDING

Does anybody know how to use the RNG perfect IV breed properly for DPPt? I have yet to find a decent explanation and Smogon's guide doesn't explain it to well either (pretty poorly actually) Nobody made a decent video on youtube yet either showing every little step they do. Is anybody up for the challenge to make pokemon a friendly place for everyone?
  22. Justin Thyme

Justin Thyme

I thought your delay time was 60 times the number of seconds it takes you to get into the game.

That takes me about 14 seconds which should give me a delay time of 840 but the RNG reporter says my delay is 499 so I don't understand.
  23. NixHex

NixHex Sometimes a man gets carried away.
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

That used to bug me a lot, haha. The delay value doesn't start counting until some time after you start the game from the DS menu, approximately 840 - 499 / 60 = 5.68 seconds in your case.

I hate to be this way, but your post is really upsetting. If you want to make this a friendly place, you could try making friendly posts. The researchers and authors of the guides are adults with school and/or full-time jobs with very little (read: zero) time. I'm sure they don't like being told that their hard work is done "pretty poorly." Oh, about that, it seems like it's written well enough to where hundreds (thousands?) of trade threads over the last 2-3 years have been FULL of RNG'd Pokemon.

Your target second is most likely 14. The reason it is left up in the air is because it has been known to be 13 or 15 for some people. There is no way to "know it" other than by trial and error, which is why the article doesn't give some magic formula to figure it out.
  24. goodluck03

goodluck03

need help for hit a high delay in my diamond NDS, my target delay is 1109 and my calibrated delay is 626,my seconds 14 i triying use pikatimer but i dont understand how i can can use for hit my delay and my seconds, i also i dont know how to apply the first time and second time on pikatimer for resets, i need know this for caught one shiny with sweet scent on caves by method J
  25. Triggz

Triggz

Do the same principals apply as far as frame advancement in Method 1 as in Method K? I have a Groudon who hits the perfect stats at frame 10... now i hit the delay... made 9 calls and i caught something totally different

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)