Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Hozu

RNGenius
is a Contributor Alumnus
There is nothing random about them is there? If you're that worried about it just harvest them all and don't replant them.

I want to RNG for the gift Eevee from Bebe in Platinum. I have saved right in front of her inside her house. She's the only NPC there. She is stationary, but she does face left then back down again in an unpredictable manner. Even though she only stays in one place, does her random turning advance the frame?

EDIT: I just read the onsite RNG manipulation guide and apparently even though Bebe is standing in one spot, her random turning makes her a wandering NPC.

Does anyone know what is going on with my seed? Soft-resetting for Uxie and I have now twice captured it with hitting my exact seed/date/time/second/delay and both of these times, it has given me the exact same spread that I am not shooting for.

The seed I am using is 8a0e027f. The first window shows the time that I am resetting for and the very back (large window) shows the frames that I am to choose from. Both times I went for the very first listing and went for frame 298. Since I have no roaming legends, I am advancing my frame by journal flipping 146 times and then advancing 128 steps with 5 pokemon in my party which is supposed to give me the desired IV spread I am shooting for. With my seed above, I am supposed to have an Impish nature with a spread of 31/30/31/x/31/31 but I have now twice received a Naughty nature with a spread of 31/20-21/30-31/4-5/6-7/14-15.

The second window in the pic below I pulled up because I wanted to verify that I indeed was hitting the seed I was shooting for (which the window confirms) so I am stumped as to why I can't get the spread I am shooting for.

Anyone have any idea what I am doing wrong?

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
Sorry I can't check myself, I'm in my phone right now bout does your seed requires a synchronizer and are are you using one? Also,from I can gather you do hit your seed only not the correct frame right? Which frame are you hitting?

Now a few tips; try using eon timer...it'll do so much good to you.On the main page,only fill the information for the left column leaving the other two{ivs and nuture,ability...}black

Does anyone know what is going on with my seed? Soft-resetting for Uxie and I have now twice captured it with hitting my exact seed/date/time/second/delay and both of these times, it has given me the exact same spread that I am not shooting for.

The seed I am using is 8a0e027f. The first window shows the time that I am resetting for and the very back (large window) shows the frames that I am to choose from. Both times I went for the very first listing and went for frame 298. Since I have no roaming legends, I am advancing my frame by journal flipping 146 times and then advancing 128 steps with 5 pokemon in my party which is supposed to give me the desired IV spread I am shooting for. With my seed above, I am supposed to have an Impish nature with a spread of 31/30/31/x/31/31 but I have now twice received a Naughty nature with a spread of 31/20-21/30-31/4-5/6-7/14-15.

The second window in the pic below I pulled up because I wanted to verify that I indeed was hitting the seed I was shooting for (which the window confirms) so I am stumped as to why I can't get the spread I am shooting for.

Anyone have any idea what I am doing wrong?
Your advancements are off. You're landing on Frame 300. Either do two less advancements or two more. For future reference, you don't have to enter your IVs or nature in the main window of RNG Reporter. If you clear them all and hit generate you'll be able to see all the frames and notice that you're getting the spread on Frame 300.

I have sort of a problem. I keep trying to RNG breed a Pineco, and I hit my delay, but the nature comes out wrong. Why is that? I am running RNGReporter 9.95

Might be a bug, try an older version if none of the following applies: what way did you confirm the delay? Is either parent holding an everstone? Is one international? Is the egg frame 1 or are you going for a higher frame? If so how are you advancing to said frame? Are you receiving any calls b4 depositing the parents?

More info is needed, but assuming none of those things are pertinent try an older version.

Might be a bug, try an older version if none of the following applies: what way did you confirm the delay? Is either parent holding an everstone? Is one international? Is the egg frame 1 or are you going for a higher frame? If so how are you advancing to said frame? Are you receiving any calls b4 depositing the parents?

More info is needed, but assuming none of those things are pertinent try an older version.
I confirmed it by calling Irwin. Nope and nope. Egg frame is 1. I have tried with 2 different seeds and got different natures (then what I wanted) both times. No I'm not. I am just going to see if 3rd times a charm with seed picking. If not then I will just use a different version.

I confirmed it by calling Irwin. Nope and nope. Egg frame is 1. I have tried with 2 different seeds and got different natures (then what I wanted) both times. No I'm not. I am just going to see if 3rd times a charm with seed picking. If not then I will just use a different version.
Are you doing anything that involves Chatot? And, was your correct ID/SID entered into the time finder when you searched for the egg PID seed?

I mean, I doubt you're using Chatot but if you were using it to confirm your seed or something then it would advance the PID frame. I can't really think of anything else causing the problem :p

Are you doing anything that involves Chatot? And, was your correct ID/SID entered into the time finder when you searched for the egg PID seed?

I mean, I doubt you're using Chatot but if you were using it to confirm your seed or something then it would advance the PID frame. I can't really think of anything else causing the problem :p
Oh wait my ID/SID account for the nature and ability in 4th Gen? Well I did not know that *facepalm* :P. I assumed it was like 5th Gen for whatever reason and just left it alone.

I never said that lol.

Wait, you are breeding for shiny, right? If so, enter the correct ID/SID. If not, enter your ID but the wrong SID. Maybe your problem was that you left ID/SID blank, but Idk if that should matter or not. If it still doesn't work try an older version, but it should.

I never said that lol.

Wait, you are breeding for shiny, right? If so, enter the correct ID/SID. If not, enter your ID but the wrong SID. Maybe your problem was that you left ID/SID blank, but Idk if that should matter or not. If it still doesn't work try an older version, but it should.
Oh it seemed like it I guess by the way I read it, sorry.

But no I am just going for the right nature. Nothing more.

Can't seem to come close to hitting Egg Seed in BW. I'm breeding an international perfect ditto and a near perfect Feebas trying for a perfect shiny.

I found tons of seeds and am advancing my PID the same I did for Wondercard. My ID and SID are in the Reporter. Any ideas what I could be doing wrong?

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Can't seem to come close to hitting Egg Seed in BW. I'm breeding an international perfect ditto and a near perfect Feebas trying for a perfect shiny.

I found tons of seeds and am advancing my PID the same I did for Wondercard. My ID and SID are in the Reporter. Any ideas what I could be doing wrong?
For future reference, there's another thread specifically for 5th gen questions.

What are you trying to get (include the seed, target frame, etc.) and what are you getting? Without any information, I'd guess that the most likely problem is that you're not accounting for the ~3-5 advancements caused by the moving NPCs.

Oh it seemed like it I guess by the way I read it, sorry.

But no I am just going for the right nature. Nothing more.
Why are you sorry? I wasn't trying to come across as mean, so I'm sorry if I did :/

Anyways, try entering your ID but the wrong SID and see if you get a seed that works.

Well, first, please try posting in the right thread next time. This thread is for 4th and 3rd gen. RNG help. The one you're looking for is the 5th gen. RNG help thread ;)

The reason you're not getting your egg is because the NPCs are making you pass up your target PID frame. You need to find out what PID frame you're actually hitting, and then adjust your advancements accordingly.

I've gone through different guides for fourth generation RNG abuse (particularly HGSS), and I still had a couple of questions I was hoping someone might be able to answer. I'm quite experienced at 5th gen RNG, so any explanations using 5th gen concepts will be easy for me to understand.

Where I'm at:

-I played through the 8th gym, when I wanted to RNG the ES Dratini.

-I understand that RNG in SS requires hitting the appropriate delay while starting the game at the appropriate time, and then advancing to the proper frame.

-I engaged in the calibration process (synchronize with external clock, soft reset, hammer A, etc.) and found a delay of 499-505 and 13 seconds.
-Note: I did this on the route below Blackthorn City where you can find Skarmory. I'm concerned that I messed the process up because 1) I was using a sweet center and that apparently advances the frame AND 2) 2-3 legendaries dogs were roaming about, which I hear might also advance the frame.

-I have since restarted the game because I want to RNG my starter pokemon and the dogs.

Practical Questions:

1) Was the presence of legendaries/the use of sweet scent detrimental to my calibration?
2) I cannot find anything resembling a good seed at frame 5 (Cyndaquil) for my delay. I used eon timer for an hour and a half to try and hit a delay around 10,000, but it's not going too well. How can you hit non-calibrated delays?
3) Is there anyway to move cyndaquil, or any of the other starters to different starting frames to ease the RNG?

Theoretical Questions:

1) Are natures and IV's tied to a particular frame in 4th gen games?
2) Is walking to advance the frame much more practical in 4th gen? I never try and hit non-initial frames in 5th gen because walking affects PIDRNG so much.

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
What I see here is a timer issue. By using a timer you don't need to calibrate, you'll have a wider range of Delay meaning you'll probably find a seed on that frame.
Roamers do advance the frame by one but that's not necessary since calibration is outdated.

Practical Questions:

1) Was the presence of legendaries/the use of sweet scent detrimental to my calibration?
2) I cannot find anything resembling a good seed at frame 5 (Cyndaquil) for my delay. I used eon timer for an hour and a half to try and hit a delay around 10,000, but it's not going too well. How can you hit non-calibrated delays?
3) Is there anyway to move cyndaquil, or any of the other starters to different starting frames to ease the RNG?

Theoretical Questions:

1) Are natures and IV's tied to a particular frame in 4th gen games?
2) Is walking to advance the frame much more practical in 4th gen? I never try and hit non-initial frames in 5th gen because walking affects PIDRNG so much.
No, those things would not have effected your calibration. You calibrate to find out what delay range and second you hit most often - the frame will not change your delay / second because the delay is determined when you enter the Pokemon World. However, you honestly didn't need to calibrate. Eon Timer does it for you.

Do you know how to use eon timer correctly? Sync your timer and DS clock. When the first timer reaches 0, press A on the DS menu to enter the game. Then wait on the Pokemon Game menu until the second timer does. Once it does press A. If you've been doing that but no luck, you'll need to update your Eon Timer. To update it, just enter the delay you're hitting in the correct place and click update. However, since you're trying to RNG a starter, you can only confirm your delay by checking the IVs of Cyndaquil. I strongly suggest you try some other type of RNG manipulation before you attempt a starter.

No there isn't. Cyndaquil will always be on frame 5.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Natures and PIDs are tied in 4th gen, so not every nature + IV combo is possible like in 5th gen.

No, walking is probably almost never used to advance the frame in 4th gen. Most people use Chatot (which has been recently proven to work in 4th gen.), or the Elm/Irwin/Joey calls to advance the frame. In DPPt the journal is used to advance the frame, and also Chatot works here as well.

What I see here is a timer issue. By using a timer you don't need to calibrate, you'll have a wider range of Delay meaning you'll probably find a seed on that frame.
Roamers do advance the frame by one but that's not necessary since calibration is outdated.
Right, I understand that calibration isn't useful in cases where I'm trying to hit a high delay.

However, isn't calibration useful for the fact that it gives you a relatively consistent delay? If you can get a decent frame off of a calibrated delay, wouldn't it make it faster to RNG the pokemon you wanted?

Of course, that's neither here nor there for pokemon I'm trying to RNG right now. Do you have any suggestions on how to hit those sorts of high delays? For example, I currently have it set so that it beeps once a second for the last ten seconds. Should I be hitting A when I hear the beep, or when I anticipate the beep to occur? Or, should I be looking at the numbers as they go down instead? If I'm trying to do it visually, should I aim to press A when there are perhaps 10-15 milliseconds left, or should I hit A as it goes to 0?

Also, is it me, or is RNG is 4th gen much harder than 5th gen? Can you hit high delays consistently?

No, those things would not have effected your calibration. You calibrate to find out what delay range and second you hit most often - the frame will not change your delay / second because the delay is determined when you enter the Pokemon World. However, you honestly didn't need to calibrate. Eon Timer does it for you.

Do you know how to use eon timer correctly? Sync your timer and DS clock. When the first timer reaches 0, press A on the DS menu to enter the game. Then wait on the Pokemon Game menu until the second timer does. Once it does press A. If you've been doing that but no luck, you'll need to update your Eon Timer. To update it, just enter the delay you're hitting in the correct place and click update. However, since you're trying to RNG a starter, you can only confirm your delay by checking the IVs of Cyndaquil. I strongly suggest you try some other type of RNG manipulation before you attempt a starter.

No there isn't. Cyndaquil will always be on frame 5.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Natures and PIDs are tied in 4th gen, so not every nature + IV combo is possible like in 5th gen.

No, walking is probably almost never used to advance the frame in 4th gen. Most people use Chatot (which has been recently proven to work in 4th gen.), or the Elm/Irwin/Joey calls to advance the frame. In DPPt the journal is used to advance the frame, and also Chatot works here as well.
Awesome, that was really helpful.

I think I know how to use EonTimer, but perhaps I'm wrong. If I'm not mistaken, don't I soft reset at the first 0, and then hit A to enter the game at the second? I was calibrating eontimer with my DS clock as you suggested (setting the DS time to the appropriate minute and pressing A on the DS/start on the timer simultaneously). I got the cyndaquil to come out modest a few times, but I could tell it didn't have the appropriate IVs because it's HP was 19, when it should have been 21 if I hit the right frame.

Indeed, I'm kind of in a pickle with cyndaquil cause it's tough to figure out IVs, but I feel like I understand everything in theory. I think I'm just having a tough time hitting the precise delay.

------

Btw, do Chatot calls have a relatively consistent frame advancement of 1 as they do in BW?

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
Right, I understand that calibration isn't useful in cases where I'm trying to hit a high delay.

However, isn't calibration useful for the fact that it gives you a relatively consistent delay? If you can get a decent frame off of a calibrated delay, wouldn't it make it faster to RNG the pokemon you wanted?

Of course, that's neither here nor there for pokemon I'm trying to RNG right now. Do you have any suggestions on how to hit those sorts of high delays? For example, I currently have it set so that it beeps once a second for the last ten seconds. Should I be hitting A when I hear the beep, or when I anticipate the beep to occur? Or, should I be looking at the numbers as they go down instead? If I'm trying to do it visually, should I aim to press A when there are perhaps 10-15 milliseconds left, or should I hit A as it goes to 0?

Also, is it me, or is RNG is 4th gen much harder than 5th gen? Can you hit high delays consistently?
4th gen is actually a lot easier when you get the hang of it. Like PoJ said you should start with another kind of abuse. Calibration was only used because Pikatimer and Eontimer did not exist back then, other than that..no you don't have to. I timer have the default settings which are a beep for the last 6 seconds, after a while you get use to just do by ear but when I first started looking at it while hearing did wonders. Just hit A when you think the last beep will sound at least that's how I do it.

Awesome, that was really helpful.

I think I know how to use EonTimer, but perhaps I'm wrong. If I'm not mistaken, don't I soft reset at the first 0, and then hit A to enter the game at the second? I was calibrating eontimer with my DS clock as you suggested (setting the DS time to the appropriate minute and pressing A on the DS/start on the timer simultaneously). I got the cyndaquil to come out modest a few times, but I could tell it didn't have the appropriate IVs because it's HP was 19, when it should have been 21 if I hit the right frame.

Indeed, I'm kind of in a pickle with cyndaquil cause it's tough to figure out IVs, but I feel like I understand everything in theory. I think I'm just having a tough time hitting the precise delay.

------

Btw, do Chatot calls have a relatively consistent frame advancement of 1 as they do in BW?
Chatots will always advance the frame by one just like they do in gen 5. About using Eontimer, press A to Select/SR the game when the first timer hits 0 and then again to enter the Pokemon world when the second timer hits 0.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 17)