Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Huh, I thought the IVs were generated after he said "Take good care of it.", not when you say Yes to get the egg. Thanks.

And how bad is it on cart?
yes, that still is technically after you accept the egg, just bad wording on my part.
As for the shiny problem you will have to ask hozu or find bozo post about it

edit
link

Wait, now I'm confused, when do I need to hit it exactly?

Do I hit it when he says...

"You do want it, yes?"

OR

"Player got the egg from the daycare man."

OR

"Take good care of it."

Fishaman P

Mechanics Maniac!
Quickly mentioning that Emerald doesn't use Method H, just the regular ones.

Just so you know, while Emerald breeding isn't as easy as Method 1 RNG, it's still not that hard. On average, it takes 2 days of my life to get a shiny flawless Pokemon through breeding, and the longest was 6 days for a Shiny Abra that I got within the first 15 mins, but stupidly saved after I picked up the egg with terrible IV's.

EDIT: Also, for clarification, PID is generated while taking the 255th step, and pressing A at "Take good care of it", as in completely ending the conversation with the egg man, generates the IVs.

EDIT2: It's also MUCH easier than Method 2 RNG. Synchronize or not, I couldn't get the Ditto I was aiming for (12 minutes in to boot), but I got the frames around it on multiple occassions. I had to settle for 30/31/31/21/31/30, which is actually better for breeding than you might think.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Quickly mentioning that Emerald doesn't use Method H, just the regular ones.
False. Wild encounters in Emerald are Method H, usually H-2.
Edit: continuing from the other thread
Last post in this thread, moving further discussion to the one you posted.

Anyway, won't an emu give an illegal result? I tried using VBA ReRecording's movie feature to breed in Emerald, but my results weren't anything close to what happened on cart. I assume it can only get worse with FrLg.
I've never tried using the movie feature, you don't need it and that's probably why it's messing up. Just use the appropriate lua script to track the PRNG value and frame.

Fishaman P

Mechanics Maniac!
False. Wild encounters in Emerald are Method H, usually H-2.
Edit: continuing from the other thread

I've never tried using the movie feature, you don't need it and that's probably why it's messing up. Just use the appropriate lua script to track the PRNG value and frame.
FALSE. Every encounter I got while trying for Ditto was Method 2 or Method 4. Method H-2 (or H-4) wasn't even close to any frame I got out of hundreds of tries.

As for Lua scripts: meh, I don't see why frame-by-frame would mess up in movie mode. Scripts are too complicated when I have Enciclopedia Pokemon and a GBA save device.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
FALSE. Every encounter I got while trying for Ditto was Method 2 or Method 4. Method H-2 (or H-4) wasn't even close to any frame I got out of hundreds of tries.

As for Lua scripts: meh, I don't see why frame-by-frame would mess up in movie mode. Scripts are too complicated when I have Enciclopedia Pokemon and a GBA save device.
Were you using Synchronize? Because I have done dozens of wild captures in Emerald, and every single one was either H-2 or H-4.

I've never used that program, but if you want to abuse your SID you have to do it on emulator, and the scripts have always worked for me.

Like Voodoo said, wilds are always H-# in 3rd gen, you're clearly doing something wrong if you can't find a match, probably not accounting for the number of frames it takes for the Sweet Scent animation.

How is Copy>Save>Run complicated?

Hello, I am interested in learning RNG for fourth-gen games (HG specifically) but I am unsure as to where to start. I have read through the guides hosted on the site but I believe (and I could be wrong) that they are a little outdated. From what I understand, it has become unnecessary to calibrate and is easier to RNG with the use of timers, but I am still unsure of where to begin. I have also read that it is not possible to obtain perfect shiny Pokémon because what you can obtain is limited by your ID/SID. I should also state that I use a mac and PPRNG. If anyone is willing to help point me in the right direction to begin I would greatly appreciate it. VM's or PM's would be cool with me, thanks.

Slashmolder

'Ello Governor
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnus
Hello, I am interested in learning RNG for fourth-gen games (HG specifically) but I am unsure as to where to start. I have read through the guides hosted on the site but I believe (and I could be wrong) that they are a little outdated. From what I understand, it has become unnecessary to calibrate and is easier to RNG with the use of timers, but I am still unsure of where to begin. I have also read that it is not possible to obtain perfect shiny Pokémon because what you can obtain is limited by your ID/SID. I should also state that I use a mac and PPRNG. If anyone is willing to help point me in the right direction to begin I would greatly appreciate it. VM's or PM's would be cool with me, thanks.
Try looking at http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3467154. PPRNG is pretty similar to RNG Reporter just menus look different so most of the concepts should carry over. Basically the only way of getting perfect shiny Pokemon in Gen IV is to abuse your ID/SID to be shiny for that specific spread. So say you want a good Hidden Power Fire Timid attacker PID 53671DFA is probably what you'd look for and you'd want to abuse for an ID/SID combination which makes that PID shiny.

I just hit both my timers on eon timer, did my 10 irwin calls to confirm and find my delay hit, I put it in eon timer but what do I do after that? This is for a method 1 roamer in pokemon heartgold.

EDIT: I click update but nothing happens and my delay is more than 6 away. I screwed this post all up >.<

When is the soonest you can start RNG'ing for nature/IV's in B/W? I'm going to start on my White cartridge and I want to have the perfect pokemons asap

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
When is the soonest you can start RNG'ing for nature/IV's in B/W? I'm going to start on my White cartridge and I want to have the perfect pokemons asap
Technically you can do it immediately, but for practical purposes you can do it once you get the C-Gear and can trade Synchronizers/Chatot/etc. to your game.

Also, since this is a 5th gen question you should ask in the 5th gen thread.

Buckert

Obsessive Collecting Disorder
So, just need to refresh my memory, but, I've got a problem.

I'm RNG abusing a Shiny Growlithe on my HG game. Already got the Shiny egg with the right nature and gender.

Now, for the IV's, Parent A has the following IV's:
31/31/25/10/27/31

The Parent B has these IV's:
31/31/31/31/31/31

Seed:
AE0A0305

ID: 43177
SID: 34472

The problem is, I've hit my delay, called Elm to confirm I was on the right delay so I made 9 calls already. Did 1 extra so I got 10, and then I grabbed the egg as fast as I could. Previously it went wrong, but I saved because I wanted to use the fast hatch code. This time, I'm just cycling around in Goldenrod City. Egg hatched, and I flew off to the Battle Frontier. The Growlithe I just bred should be flawless, but the dude in the Battle Frontier says it has relatively superior potential overall. That's not flawless, as it should be, but pretty close. So, when I'm checking the other frames on this seed, near my frame 11, I can't find anything which could possibly be between 120 and 150.

What am I doing wrong? Did I forget anything? Could've been over a year ago I did HG breeding abuse lol.

So, just need to refresh my memory, but, I've got a problem.

I'm RNG abusing a Shiny Growlithe on my HG game. Already got the Shiny egg with the right nature and gender.

Now, for the IV's, Parent A has the following IV's:
31/31/25/10/27/31

The Parent B has these IV's:
31/31/31/31/31/31

Seed:
AE0A0305

ID: 43177
SID: 34472

The problem is, I've hit my delay, called Elm to confirm I was on the right delay so I made 9 calls already. Did 1 extra so I got 10, and then I grabbed the egg as fast as I could. Previously it went wrong, but I saved because I wanted to use the fast hatch code. This time, I'm just cycling around in Goldenrod City. Egg hatched, and I flew off to the Battle Frontier. The Growlithe I just bred should be flawless, but the dude in the Battle Frontier says it has relatively superior potential overall. That's not flawless, as it should be, but pretty close. So, when I'm checking the other frames on this seed, near my frame 11, I can't find anything which could possibly be between 120 and 150.

What am I doing wrong? Did I forget anything? Could've been over a year ago I did HG breeding abuse lol.
Could you provide a screenshot? are there any roamers in your game?

Buckert

Could you provide a screenshot? are there any roamers in your game?
And of what exactly should I make a screenshot? And there are no roamers.

Characteristics of the Growlithe after 10 advancements is Capable of taking hits. Now I did 9 advancements the IV's are even worse, but it has Likes to trash about.

And of what exactly should I make a screenshot? And there are no roamers.

Characteristics of the Growlithe after 10 advancements is Capable of taking hits. Now I did 9 advancements the IV's are even worse, but it has Likes to trash about.
Well. i don't know what's wrong personally, so maybe a screenshot of the time finder of rng reporter could help me figure something out. delays are in -/+999 or something and seconds are -/+1? i think setting the seconds to more than 1 can lead to errors.

Alright, well here's a screenshot of my timefinder.

Delays are in -/+ 10 and seconds 0.
It looks fine. If you say you're advancing correctly (so i assume you're starting on frame 1 not frame 3), and due to the fact that you already hit your shiny frame, I don't know what else is the problem. and you're setting the target time to -x number of minutes indicated by the eontimer? and hitting the correct (odd/even) delay?

Buckert

It looks fine. If you say you're advancing correctly (so i assume you're starting on frame 1 not frame 3), and due to the fact that you already hit your shiny frame, I don't know what else is the problem. and you're setting the target time to -x number of minutes indicated by the eontimer? and hitting the correct (odd/even) delay?
Yeah I'm starting on frame 1, the egg is already shiny, and I'm setting my clock to 9:59. I can tell by the first 3 answers which delay I got, so I only advance when I got the right one.

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
How about a screenshot of the main page? Also, make sure your parents are not holding any of the power items.

Yeah I'm starting on frame 1, the egg is already shiny, and I'm setting my clock to 9:59. I can tell by the first 3 answers which delay I got, so I only advance when I got the right one.
Okay. So, your eon timer says 1 minute on the left hand side right? Aside from that, i don't know if there are matching elm calls in the seed to time finder for different target seconds (but if you are certain that even in the past you always just go for 3 elm calls to determine your delay, all i can suggest now is that maybe you may want to consider choosing a different seed.)

Buckert

So.. my Smeargle is holding a Power Bracer, how on earth he got that, I don't know, but I guess that's my problem? xD *facepalm*

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 7)