Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

thanks, GoldenBanana! one last question though: should I do anything at all in the "Lag" box? Right now, it's set to 0 but I think I saw somewhere that there's supposed to be a 3 in there...

thanks, GoldenBanana! one last question though: should I do anything at all in the "Lag" box? Right now, it's set to 0 but I think I saw somewhere that there's supposed to be a 3 in there...
If you miss your frame, enter the frame you hit in the "Frame hit" box and hit update. That'll put a number in the Lag box and will help you hit your frame.

RNG Shiny Manaphy Egg

The reason it came up with nothing in the search is because shiny flawless frames are very rare unless you've specifically RNGed your ID/SID combo to make a certain ideal flawless frame shiny.

If you really want the manaphy to be shiny, you'll have to expand your search criterea and perhaps lower the IVs you're after. If there are any IVs you don't really care about, don't search for them.

As for anything special about the manaphy egg, just make sure you're using the ID/SID combos of the games you'll trade the egg to when you've obtained it in your searches. I'm assuming you're doing this already, but it's still worth a mention.

If you really cannot go without a shiny flawless manaphy, then you'll have to look into using Pandora's Box to RNG an ID/SID combo to make a specific frame shiny. http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3467154 has various details about different parts of RNGing, search it for Pandora's Box.
Thanks for the reply. A couple questions:

1. I'm not interested in RNGing my (Trainer?) ID/SID combo for a specific spread/shininess; I'd just like to find a shiny Manaphy based on the information I have (my Trainer IDs, PIDs, SIDs, etc.) Could you elaborate on the search criteria I need to get what I want? If it's just a shiny Manaphy, that's fine, but it would also be nice if I could get one with a preferred nature and/or IVs.

2. So, when I'm using the RNG Reporter to find seeds, I need to use the ID and SID of the game I'll be trading the Manaphy egg to/hatching the egg in. Is the ID/SID of the game that the egg is received in (ex. my Platinum which has a Manaphy egg) required anywhere in the RNG Reporter for finding seeds for the egg?

Again, thanks for the help.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Thanks for the reply. A couple questions:

1. I'm not interested in RNGing my (Trainer?) ID/SID combo for a specific spread/shininess; I'd just like to find a shiny Manaphy based on the information I have (my Trainer IDs, PIDs, SIDs, etc.) Could you elaborate on the search criteria I need to get what I want? If it's just a shiny Manaphy, that's fine, but it would also be nice if I could get one with a preferred nature and/or IVs.

2. So, when I'm using the RNG Reporter to find seeds, I need to use the ID and SID of the game I'll be trading the Manaphy egg to/hatching the egg in. Is the ID/SID of the game that the egg is received in (ex. my Platinum which has a Manaphy egg) required anywhere in the RNG Reporter for finding seeds for the egg?

Again, thanks for the help.
If you don't want to RNG your ID, then you'll have to relax your IV ranges. Maybe search for something like 25+ instead of just 31.

The ID/SID of the game the egg is received on is irrelevant, aside from the extremely rare possibility of both games having the same shiny spreads, in which case you'd have to either restart one of them or use a third game if you want a shiny Manaphy.

Fishaman P

Mechanics Maniac!
FRLG Legendary Dog help

Trying to RNG a shiny Raikou on my FireRed, probably using emu. Cart is hard enough. If I need to, I will resort to RAM hacking.

The thing is, the Legendary Dogs are not listed as Method 1, though that seems to be the logical Method. There is also a lack of info about them, such as when the PID is determined and the RAM location of their PID.

I just need someone knowledgeable or experienced to shed some light on this.

Also, if Colosseum is a better bet (including IVs), just say so.

Trying to RNG a shiny Raikou on my FireRed, probably using emu. Cart is hard enough. If I need to, I will resort to RAM hacking.

The thing is, the Legendary Dogs are not listed as Method 1, though that seems to be the logical Method. There is also a lack of info about them, such as when the PID is determined and the RAM location of their PID.

I just need someone knowledgeable or experienced to shed some light on this.

Also, if Colosseum is a better bet (including IVs), just say so.
go with colosseum.

Hozu

RNGenius
is a Contributor Alumnus
he* and you might as well just do it on HG/SS unless you absolutely need them in 3rd gen for whatever reason.

Fishaman P

Mechanics Maniac!
TID/SID can be RNG'd in Colosseum as well, although it's really weird with how the frames work there.
Guide or any sort of help or info?
i.e. are the TID and SID determined by the Colosseum/XD Method PID on the frame of generation?

If you don't want to RNG your ID, then you'll have to relax your IV ranges. Maybe search for something like 25+ instead of just 31.

The ID/SID of the game the egg is received on is irrelevant, aside from the extremely rare possibility of both games having the same shiny spreads, in which case you'd have to either restart one of them or use a third game if you want a shiny Manaphy.
Ok, so I've used the 4th Gen Time Finder, and I entered the following info: year 2012, 550/610 min/max delay, 10/1000 min/max frame (since I want to use my HG to hatch the Manaphy egg, and 10 min is recommended for HG/SS); 31 SpA/Spe IVs, Timid nature, any ability, all gender ratios; ID 00527, SID 12912, Shiny only, Method 1. The Generate button gave me four results, which leads me to several more questions regarding the Time Finder, if I may:

1. The guide mentions that wondercard Pokemon cannot have their natures controlled using RNG manipulation. Should I assume this is true for the Manaphy egg, and if so, should I not enter a specific nature (Timid) when generating seeds? Furthermore, will entering a specific nature affect the seeds that I generate?

2. For its gender ratio, since Manaphy is genderless, am I good using "All Ratios" or should I choose "Fixed Gender"? Again, does it make a difference?

3. Just to make sure, does ID refer to my Trainer ID and does SID refer to the SID I calculated using the original info I had with my naturally-caught shiny (in my case, the shiny Rayquaza I caught in HG?)

4. A bit confused with this - what does Hour refer to (next to Frame and PID) ?

5. Is the manner that seeds are verified the main difference between DPPt and HGSS when RNG manipulating? Because since I'm hatching the egg in HG, would it be more beneficial/easier to receive a Manaphy egg in my SS and trade that rather than trade the one from my Platinum? (I still have an unsent Manaphy egg in my Guardian Signs cart.)

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Ok, so I've used the 4th Gen Time Finder, and I entered the following info: year 2012, 550/610 min/max delay, 10/1000 min/max frame (since I want to use my HG to hatch the Manaphy egg, and 10 min is recommended for HG/SS); 31 SpA/Spe IVs, Timid nature, any ability, all gender ratios; ID 00527, SID 12912, Shiny only, Method 1. The Generate button gave me four results, which leads me to several more questions regarding the Time Finder, if I may:

1. The guide mentions that wondercard Pokemon cannot have their natures controlled using RNG manipulation. Should I assume this is true for the Manaphy egg, and if so, should I not enter a specific nature (Timid) when generating seeds? Furthermore, will entering a specific nature affect the seeds that I generate?

2. For its gender ratio, since Manaphy is genderless, am I good using "All Ratios" or should I choose "Fixed Gender"? Again, does it make a difference?

3. Just to make sure, does ID refer to my Trainer ID and does SID refer to the SID I calculated using the original info I had with my naturally-caught shiny (in my case, the shiny Rayquaza I caught in HG?)

4. A bit confused with this - what does Hour refer to (next to Frame and PID) ?

5. Is the manner that seeds are verified the main difference between DPPt and HGSS when RNG manipulating? Because since I'm hatching the egg in HG, would it be more beneficial/easier to receive a Manaphy egg in my SS and trade that rather than trade the one from my Platinum? (I still have an unsent Manaphy egg in my Guardian Signs cart.)
I'd set your max delay higher and your max frame lower, it'll make it a lot easier. Also, it doesn't have anything to do with the game you hatch it on, everything is determined when you receive the egg.

1. Since it's Method 1 and not a normal Wonder Card, the nature is controllable.

2. Fixed gender, but it doesn't really matter unless you run into a Cute Charm seed or something.

3. That's correct. Just make sure you use the info from the game you plan to hatch the egg on.

4. Hour is the hour the seed occurs on. It's only important for time-based stuff, e.g. Pokémon that only appear at night.

5. Receive the egg on whichever game you have an easier time RNGing with, it won't have any effect on the results as long as you do it correctly.

I'd set your max delay higher and your max frame lower, it'll make it a lot easier. Also, it doesn't have anything to do with the game you hatch it on, everything is determined when you receive the egg.

1. Since it's Method 1 and not a normal Wonder Card, the nature is controllable.

2. Fixed gender, but it doesn't really matter unless you run into a Cute Charm seed or something.

3. That's correct. Just make sure you use the info from the game you plan to hatch the egg on.

4. Hour is the hour the seed occurs on. It's only important for time-based stuff, e.g. Pokémon that only appear at night.

5. Receive the egg on whichever game you have an easier time RNGing with, it won't have any effect on the results as long as you do it correctly.
Hm, here's where I'm lost - the guide mentions this specifically about the egg:

(http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3467154)
"The Manaphy egg is received like a wondercard Pokemon, but it uses the Method 1 generation. The wondercard follows the usual initial frames. It has a shiny check on it that prevents the hatched Manaphy from being shiny normally, but there is a way to bypass this check and get a shiny Manaphy.

You'll need to know the PID of the IV spread you're going for. Once you have it, you'll need a save file that isn't the one your Manaphy wondercard is on, and has this PID shiny. Do the RNG manipulation and receive the egg, and trade it to this game. Hatch it in the other game and if you did it correctly, you should now have a shiny Manaphy.

Because trading requires saving, you'll want to attempt this in HGSS since there's almost no room for error there.

To summarize, if you want a shiny Manaphy in game A:
1. Find out what shiny PID you have in game A.
2. Get the egg with the same PID in game B.
3. Trade the egg from game B to game A.
4. Hatch the egg in game A."

First of all, when you say that everything is determined when the egg is received, are you saying that I need to RNG for the egg using the ID/SID for the game receiving the egg or the one hatching it? Say we took the instructions I just posted from the guide and replaced game A/B with HG/SS/Pt. Assuming I'm using HG at some point (for hatching the egg possibly?) since I know the ID/SID, what would be the right way to go about with the entire RNG process?

Secondly, do you have suggestions for values I should use for max delay/max frame?

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
Game a: the game where you received your wondercard
Game b: the game you're going to trade the egg to hatch

Using game a you're going to rng the egg using all the information from game b.

The process is rather simple, rng the egg on game a(let me know if you need help with this) and then trade it to game b

About the frames and delays, anything you feel confortable with really. However, you want a shiny so they might be a little high. ~5000 for delay and ~300 for frames. If this doesn't generate any results then you will have to increase them a bit more

So I plan on trying to figure out how to rng for 4th gen games and I have a 3ds so I have a few questions.

1. is there any differences for the 3ds compared to the other ds systems for 4th gen rng? I know that the 3ds starts up in 8 seconds but thats all I know.

2. How should I do calibration? Should I use Eon timer to do that or should I use an external clock and get an average delay range that way? If I should use Eon timer I need a little explaination on how to calibrate it.

3. What would be a good thing to try and rng first if I can get my calibration right?

Hozu

RNGenius
is a Contributor Alumnus
If you SR it's exactly the same as any other DS. Calibration is ~500 for calibrated delay and 13 for calibrated seconds. The delay will adjust itself as you update if you're off.

Just one more question then. When am I supposed to SR? I can't really find where it says when im supposed to I know im supposed to start Eon timer at the same time as I set the time on my 3ds though.

Game a: the game where you received your wondercard
Game b: the game you're going to trade the egg to hatch

Using game a you're going to rng the egg using all the information from game b.

The process is rather simple, rng the egg on game a(let me know if you need help with this) and then trade it to game b

About the frames and delays, anything you feel confortable with really. However, you want a shiny so they might be a little high. ~5000 for delay and ~300 for frames. If this doesn't generate any results then you will have to increase them a bit more
Ok thanks. I'll go through this and see where I'm unsure of something...

I used the 4th Gen Time Finder to find a list of seeds. 2012, 550/5000 min/max delay, 10/300 min/max frame, 31 SpA/Spe, Timid nature, Fixed Gender, ID 00527, SID 12912,
shiny only, Method 1.

I chose seed 5A0E042F, frame 29, hour 14, PID 0FAD3FD6, Timid nature, ability 0, 26/29/26/31/22/31 IVs, HP Ghost 68 BP, M/M/M/M.

I entered the seed number into the Seed to Time window with HGSS chosen and it gave me a list of dates/times/delays. I also tried it DPPt but it didn't change anything except going from Coin Flips to Elm Responses. I'm guessing this is the part where the game I receive the egg doesn't matter, snice the dates/times/delays are the same?

In any case, this is a part where it gets fuzzy. For EonTimer, should it be set up for Platinum (where I'm receiving the egg) or HG (where I'm hatching it?) Also, for the Seed to Time window, should the +/- values for delay be 50 as stated in the guide? Same thing for Seconds/Frame, should I set seconds at 2?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 7)