Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

In the seed to time tab, set both seconds to 0, and both delays to 9999 then click generate. Once done calibrating, you can set delays to 20, always leave seconds in 0.
I don't quite understand what this is going to accomplish. Generating delays at 9999 then again at 20 seems counter-productive or maybe I'm just missing something. Sorry if the solution seems obvious and I'm just missing it, I am new to Gen IV RNG.

I don't quite understand what this is going to accomplish. Generating delays at 9999 then again at 20 seems counter-productive or maybe I'm just missing something. Sorry if the solution seems obvious and I'm just missing it, I am new to Gen IV RNG.
Because you said you were 5 seconds off, which means you were actually waaayyy off from your target delay. Seconds have to be left at 0. 9999 is just to calibrate dude, once done, you can set them to 20. I'm talking about the generate button part, the one you use to find the seed you hit.

Because you said you were 5 seconds off, which means you were actually waaayyy off from your target delay. Seconds have to be left at 0. 9999 is just to calibrate dude, once done, you can set them to 20. I'm talking about the generate button part, the one you use to find the seed you hit.
I'm getting some pretty insane negative delays in my Seed to Times box while calibrating (-5000s, -7000s). Is this normal?

update your timer with that hit delay, I think is normal. You are using eontimer right?
That is correct. However, I did have to reset the process when I got a calibrated delay that had negative seconds in the second timer (Am I supposed to Update just once or keep updating until I get within about 6 of my target?).

That is correct. However, I did have to reset the process when I got a calibrated delay that had negative seconds in the second timer (Am I supposed to Update just once or keep updating until I get within about 6 of my target?).
Keep updating until you get close to your target. What did you put in calibrated delay and second btw?

I went straight with Smogon's guide at 490 for starting Calibrated Delay and 14 for Calibrated seconds
My calibrated delay is on 600. mmmm let me message you.
Edit: I remember I had this issue, but it was because I had 5s in both seconds. Then someone told me to remove them and it got fixed.

I am currently RNG-ing a 31/xx/31/31/31/31 Magnemite on Heartgold. I have managed to hit my seed and I know my target frame.
Now I am not completely sure of what to do. Am I supposed to advance frames until I reach the target frame, and then use Sweet Scent and I will encounter the pokémon?
Pardon me if this sounds like a silly question, this is my first attempt at RNG and I will use some time on understanding all of this RNG stuff.

I am currently RNG-ing a 31/xx/31/31/31/31 Magnemite on Heartgold. I have managed to hit my seed and I know my target frame.
Now I am not completely sure of what to do. Am I supposed to advance frames until I reach the target frame, and then use Sweet Scent and I will encounter the pokémon?
Pardon me if this sounds like a silly question, this is my first attempt at RNG and I will use some time on understanding all of this RNG stuff.
Advance the frame and stop in the frame before your target frame, then sweet scent.
Example, if target frame is 40, advance frame until you reach 39, then sweet scent.

Advance the frame and stop in the frame before your target frame, then sweet scent.
Example, if target frame is 40, advance frame until you reach 39, then sweet scent.
Okay, thanks a lot for the info. Through readign other people's posts that is what I thought. Shame is I didn't know this the first time I hit the seed, which took me about 1 hour to hit.

Art Vandelay

Banned deucer.
I'm trying to RNG a flawless HP fire Magneton on Platinum. However, when looking for spreads 31/E/31/30/31/30 I only get Cute Charm ones (not compatible with genderless pokes). Is there a way to get the regular spreads? I remember RNGing a Timid one back in the day (with an older RNG Reporter version) with no problems.

.com

Grumpy old man
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
I'm trying to RNG a flawless HP fire Magneton on Platinum. However, when looking for spreads 31/E/31/30/31/30 I only get Cute Charm ones (not compatible with genderless pokes). Is there a way to get the regular spreads? I remember RNGing a Timid one back in the day (with an older RNG Reporter version) with no problems.
Screen Shot 2015-04-03 at 14.45.43.png

ESVs checked for were Land: {1,5,6,7,9,11} [all the ones I could see with Magnemite/Magneton in the encounter slots]. Should be able to fiddle with Delays/Frames to find some that suit you.

Art Vandelay

Banned deucer.
Thanks, I found a 30/X/31/30/31/30 instead. Guess I can RNG a new one for the 31 HP. Man has been a while, took me like 7 tries to hit my seed and then I messed up the advancements twice lol.

EDIT: hmm, just checked again with higher frame search and found your seed. However it is Ability 1 (I know I can Ability Capsule on Gen 6) and don't really feel like doing >800 journal flips shrug. Guess 30 HP is not that bad

Last edited:

Art Vandelay

Banned deucer.
back in the day someone had compiled an excel sheet on shiny spreads for ID/SID abuse. Does anyone have that link? It was so you could potentially obtain more than 2 usable spreads with a given ID/SID combo

Question regarding HGSS RNG manipulation: The on-site guide says that if you hit an odd delay when aiming for an even, you have to change the year in the Seed to Time window by 1. Do you also update it on the DS?

EDIT: Answering the required questions.
What are you trying to capture\hatch? 31/31/31/30/31/31 Bold Lugia

What is your target seed and frame? What is the delay of that seed? Seed 730004C2 at frame 22, with a delay of 1204.

How did you verify your seed? Roamers. The target seed has Raikou and Entei (Latios isn't roaming) both on Route 30.

If you tried and failed, what results did you get? Raikou is on Route 33, and Entei is on Route 37. According to the Seed to Time window, I hit a delay of 1207.

Last edited:

.com

Grumpy old man
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Alright, thanks... the only reason I was unsure was because I've found that when I update the years in Seed to Time and on the DS, I go from hitting odd seeds with an even target, to hitting even seeds with an odd target.
If you were hitting results pretty close to your target (say you're going for 1234, and you're hitting 1233) then you can just change the year on the DS and leave everything else the same [i.e. same delay in the timer, same target time, etc.]. All changing the year does is ±1 to the delay.

Is it theoretically possible to get any shiny IV combination for eggs (provided the IV spread is found in the egg IV portion of the Time Finder) with any TID/SID in Gen IV? I'm asking because I RNG'd my TID/SID so 31/31/31/31/31/31 Modest and Calm were shiny spreads for wild and gifts, I don't know if that's how eggs work or not. I'm just starting to look at egg mechanics and wanted to know.

Last edited:
Is it theoretically possible to get any shiny IV combination for eggs (provided the IV spread is found in the egg IV portion of the Time Finder) with any TID/SID in Gen IV? I'm asking because I RNG'd my TID/SID so 31/31/31/31/31/31 Modest and Calm were shiny spreads for wild and gifts, I don't know if that's how eggs work or not. I'm just starting to look at egg mechanics and wanted to know.
Yea, it is. Egg abuse involves two different RNGs: the first one happens before the egg is generated at the Daycare and affects the egg's Nature, Ability, gender and shininess. After the egg is generated, those aspects are locked (every time you hatch that egg, it will have the same Nature, Ability, gender and shininess, provided, of course, you save after generating the egg, before taking it).

The second abuse affects the IVs. This involves advancing the frames and taking the egg from the Daycare.

Since those are unrelated, and your ID/SID combination only affects the first abuse, it's possible to get any combination you want. (Of course, the egg's IVs depend on the parents' IVs)

tl;dr - yes, it is possible. :)

I've been reading the Gen IV breeding guide and something has been confusing me about the way the guide was written. I just need to know if I'm correct:

If I'm breeding for a shiny, I should not use the Everstone. However, if I am not breeding for a shiny, I should use the Everstone.

Is this correct?

Question about Emerald. I want to get the swarms activated on my Emerald emulator, but I'm not sure how to do that. My game doesn't have a dry battery, so it's not that. I thought about just waiting, but it didn't work. Do I just repeatedly beat the E4/fight battles or do I have to mix records with Ruby or Sapphire? I have a very good shiny spread that isn't shiny for a specifc encounter slot, but I'm sure (or at least, I'm hoping!) that a swarm might help.

Edit -> Wait, Real Time was off. That might do the trick?

I have Metang appearing in my Safari Zone on SoulSilver, I have a strong idea which seed I need to hit to get it. The question is whether or not changing the clock on my DS will reset the 30 day time requirement? (i.e. missing the seed or whatnot) Or does Metang stay there until the required blocks are removed?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 12)