Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

I'm trying to RNG-abuse wild pokemon again, and If I understand correctly, only one type of pokemon can be encountered in a particular frame... I got the same spread but in 19 different frames. I'm trying to catch a Timid Eevee (seed is 4313029a, with a Timid synch, 31/3/30/30/30/30), and if I keep SR'ing till the daily pokemon is an Eevee, there will be 6 pokemon I can possibly encounter in Trophy Garden [Roselia,Kricketune,Staravia,Pichu,Pikachu,Eevee]. So... 3/19 is approximately 1/6, so out of those 19 frames, roughly 3 of them will be the Eevee? Or does this take into account the encounter rate (5% for Eevee, so 5% of 19 = roughly 1?)? Am I understanding this right?

Hello everybody it's my first post in Smogon and i have a simple question about the whole rng abusing process.

I tried to hatch a shiny egg today in my platinum version and failed at it 3 times just to get an idea about how to use the rng calculator.
First time i thought i had miscount the double tap on the hapyness app. So the second time, i used my diamond version of the game and the counter ( poketch app #11 ) with an other DS... and it still failed.
Then i tried again this time with the lowest tap to do on the happyness checker possible. It failed one more time.
I checked my SID with pokesav, i would have checked it again before posting but i can't since i do not have acces to a R4 right now.

The thing is, i do not have an us version of the game, since i'm french so is my game. I was trying to hatch some random shiny egg just because i wasn't sure the whole rng abusing process would work on a non us game and it seemed to be the fastest way to test that on my own.
I understand that by "4th generation" you mean the 3 version of the game but i'm not sure if it's only for american 4th generation or not. I thought it may not be since some testers appears to have used a japanese rng calculator when the first testing were done.

So, is the RNG reporter only working for US version of the game ?

Sephirona

t-t-t-tubearrific. (✿≖ᴗ≖) ・゚✧*:・゚✧
is a Top Artist Alumnus
Hello everybody it's my first post in Smogon and i have a simple question about the whole rng abusing process.

I tried to hatch a shiny egg today in my platinum version and failed at it 3 times just to get an idea about how to use the rng calculator.
First time i thought i had miscount the double tap on the hapyness app. So the second time, i used my diamond version of the game and the counter ( poketch app #11 ) with an other DS... and it still failed.
Then i tried again this time with the lowest tap to do on the happyness checker possible. It failed one more time.
I checked my SID with pokesav, i would have checked it again before posting but i can't since i do not have acces to a R4 right now.

The thing is, i do not have an us version of the game, since i'm french so is my game. I was trying to hatch some random shiny egg just because i wasn't sure the whole rng abusing process would work on a non us game and it seemed to be the fastest way to test that on my own.
I understand that by "4th generation" you mean the 3 version of the game but i'm not sure if it's only for american 4th generation or not. I thought it may not be since some testers appears to have used a japanese rng calculator when the first testing were done.

Did your hatched egg match what the nature/gender was supposed to be for your shiny egg?

The RNG Reporter should work the same for all the language versions of DPPt. Just follow the directions for shiny egg hatching on page 1 exactly as they're written. :D

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus

It works for Japanese and US versions, so I believe European/Australian ones would work too.

Thanks for the answer.
I'll try again so more time and if i fail again, i'll presume that i somehow failed to write down my SID.
Now that i think about it, i'll try with my diamond version just in case.

Thanks again anyway !

I'm not sure if this is noted yet. But I see a change in the intro, if your delay tends to change too.

You know that scene in the intro where you see Infernape/Empoleon/Torterra?

Well, First when I was getting Even delay I got Infernape at the top screen and Torterra at the bottom screen. When my delay changed to Odd, Torterra was at top and Empoleon at bottom.

When I tried to change it back to even by placing a GBA Cart in the GBA Slot, I got Empoleon at top and Infernape bottom. My delay changed to Even.

So, I caught 10 high-level Magikarp for my calibration. Here's what I got:

(seed, seconds, delay)
3401025B, 14, 594
2E02025B, 14, 594
4101025D, 14, 596
4E01025D, 14, 596
1E02025D, 14, 596
28020261, 15, 600
22020265, 15, 604
4501026B, 15, 610
4A01026D, 15, 612
1B02026D, 15, 612

Does this mean I should use 596 as my delay (and adjust my years until I get it, if possible) since it's the most common (although not by far)? Should I do more calibrating?

Weird question I thought of: just out of curiousity, what happens with double wild battles in regard to them being generated? You know, when someone's with you?

By the way, I updated the second post with a very short FAQ about my program. If anyone has any questions about it, I'll add the answers to the FAQ.

(seed, seconds, delay)
3401025B, 14, 594
2E02025B, 14, 594
4101025D, 14, 596
4E01025D, 14, 596
1E02025D, 14, 596
28020261, 15, 600
22020265, 15, 604
4501026B, 15, 610
4A01026D, 15, 612
1B02026D, 15, 612

Does this mean I should use 596 as my delay (and adjust my years until I get it, if possible) since it's the most common (although not by far)? Should I do more calibrating?
Pokerealm and I found out that it has to to with your delay and the amount of times that it said: not even nibble.

I'm not sure on what page it is, I don't think it's on the OP.

Pokerealm and I found out that it has to to with your delay and the amount of times that it said: not even nibble.

I'm not sure on what page it is, I don't think it's on the OP.
Hmm... I never read anything about the "not even a nibble..." message affecting the RNG. I guess I'll have to redo my initial calibration phase then. It's a good thing that I've been stealing Rare Candies from Liam's/Celeste's Blissey (and also good thing that I mentioned what it was I was catching ;))!

Okay, so I've been trying to abuse for my shiny Magnezone. I hit the delay and time perfectly, and when I picked it up, it was on a different frame. Just 2 resets before that I had tested it to make sure that I was still on frame 3, but after I hatched it, I checked it using Hidden Power, and it was on frame 2. Any idea how this could have happened?

COKTAL, I've had this problem several times (including right now with my Skarmory). Every time I hit my target delay, the frame will be one off. This has happened at least 4 times on my current project. For the moment, I just give up on that particular frame and try it at some other frame.

Just for the record, this problem happened when I was abusing for my Vappy/Umbreon and (coincidentially) Magnezone. Also happening with Skarmory, prompting me to start the project over from scratch. It's just this issue is happening too much to be a coincidence, which is why I bring it up.

Unfortunatly, I can't seem to find another spread that works for me. I need one that has(31,HP Even,31,30,31,31) and only one parent has any of those, and that's LF's perfect Ditto. The magneton has nothing I can use.

mingot

free agent
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I haven't tried in Plat yet, but I've noticed that usually my Diamond is in the 620's-630's, with the very rare chance of 60_'s. If I were you, I'd just go for a higher one. It's easier to go higher than lower.
Yes, as was stated the delays will be different for DP and Platinum. Calibration should always be done before spread selection and for each different game to take this into account,

Sorry to say but I find the explanation of 'delay' in the first posts a little vague. I'd be very grateful if someone could tell me concise and to the point what delay is and how I get to know it.
Delay is basically a fast counter that increments about 60 times per second from some time shortly after you start the game (and see above, it is different for different games). It runs into you enter the game world and is used to create the seed. Use the calibration phase to see what you get and work from there. Sorry if that's vague, but that's it.

I'm trying to RNG-abuse wild pokemon again, and If I understand correctly, only one type of pokemon can be encountered in a particular frame... I got the same spread but in 19 different frames. I'm trying to catch a Timid Eevee (seed is 4313029a, with a Timid synch, 31/3/30/30/30/30), and if I keep SR'ing till the daily pokemon is an Eevee, there will be 6 pokemon I can possibly encounter in Trophy Garden [Roselia,Kricketune,Staravia,Pichu,Pikachu,Eevee]. So... 3/19 is approximately 1/6, so out of those 19 frames, roughly 3 of them will be the Eevee? Or does this take into account the encounter rate (5% for Eevee, so 5% of 19 = roughly 1?)? Am I understanding this right?
5% for Eevee, so 5% of 19 = roughly 1 <-- there you go.

I'm not sure if this is noted yet. But I see a change in the intro, if your delay tends to change too.

You know that scene in the intro where you see Infernape/Empoleon/Torterra?

Well, First when I was getting Even delay I got Infernape at the top screen and Torterra at the bottom screen. When my delay changed to Odd, Torterra was at top and Empoleon at bottom.

When I tried to change it back to even by placing a GBA Cart in the GBA Slot, I got Empoleon at top and Infernape bottom. My delay changed to Even.
Interesting and definitely something to test. At least this probably solves the mystery of the small batch of RNG calls that occur before the "official" seeding that I saw in the debugger. I never did make a note of how it was seeded on this run so I might need to look back into that.

(seed, seconds, delay)
3401025B, 14, 594
2E02025B, 14, 594
4101025D, 14, 596
4E01025D, 14, 596
1E02025D, 14, 596
28020261, 15, 600
22020265, 15, 604
4501026B, 15, 610
4A01026D, 15, 612
1B02026D, 15, 612

I would try to work on getting consistent seconds. It seems like your later runs were 15 seconds with a higher delay. You really want to "practice" until you get hit the same seconds every single time.

You can disregard what Viletung said, it really has nothing to do with calibration.

COKTAL, I've had this problem several times (including right now with my Skarmory). Every time I hit my target delay, the frame will be one off. This has happened at least 4 times on my current project. For the moment, I just give up on that particular frame and try it at some other frame.
Yep, it does seem to happen sometimes. I am really not convinced that they are related at this point, though.

Ok, I've just decided to try the emloop timer for the first time.

First of all, thanks Sephirona, it worked like a charm. I would love to be able to run that applet on my cellphone. Then, I would not need to have my notebook by my side when trying to RNG Abuse. Any way to do that?

RNG method catching help

correct me if there's something wrong in my process.

So let's say im going to capture a shiny drifloon using rng.
I already got my range of delays and seconds.

1.im going to click DPPt Time finder

2. then i will click the tab DPPt capture

3. i will enter the year, min/max delays, nature, ability, and check the shiny box.

4.next i will click generate.

5. then i will choose my spread.

6. then i will right click on it, and click Generate times.

7. i will choose my target time.

8. i will now soft reset on my target time

9. then i will verify if i get it right.

10. (So should i use the seed in my chosen spread or should i go to DPPt Seed finder, click Find initial Seed by IV then enter the IV from my
chosen spread in number 5?)

11. then i will generate in the main page (should i also check the "Shiny only box")

12. flip coin 10 times, compare it to coin column in
the main page of the RNG reporter

13. if the coins are correct, i can advance my
frames

14. talk to drifloon and catch it.

So is there something wrong to what i did and
what is the answer in number 10 and 11?

Tnx a lot to those who will help me.

10. (So should i use the seed in my chosen spread or should i go to DPPt Seed finder, click Find initial Seed by IV then enter the IV from my chosen spread in number 5?)

If you're asking what I think you're asking, you shouldn't have to do that. As long as your Time Finder search was done in method J, it will be the correct seed for your Drifloon.

11. then i will generate in the main page (should i also check the "Shiny only box")

Yes. Copy/paste your chosen seed into the correct box but you're going to use "DPPt Egg PID Normal" from the drop-down menu, not Method J or anything else. Don't click shiny only, and make your max results 15.

12. flip coin 10 times, compare it to coin column in
the main page of the RNG reporter

IMO you should do at least 15 coin flips to test instead of 10.

13. if the coins are correct, i can advance my
frames

Make note that your initial frame could be different depending on whether you have runners (legendary birds, Mesprit, or Cresselia) released, or otherwise. For some reason my initial frame for wild pokes on Pearl is 3, but on Platinum it's 2. So if/when you get the wrong frame, put the IVs/nature/sync nature into the main page with "Method J" selected and find out which frame you ended up getting. Then adjust according to how far off you were.

he/she is banned, not sure if he/she can see it.

Anyway does someone know a trick for the NPCs in Solaceon Town, because I'm having trouble with them =P

he/she is banned, not sure if he/she can see it.

Anyway does someone know a trick for the NPCs in Solaceon Town, because I'm having trouble with them =P
For what, Viletung? Breeding?

Yeah mingot was asking me to answer his questions, and by the time I finished the post he was banned >_>

For what, Viletung? Breeding? Yeah breeding.

Yeah mingot was asking me to answer his questions, and by the time I finished the post he was banned >_> Ahh, sad. Well I think it's his/her own fault.
EDIT: I got to go, will read tomorrow your reply =)

My method for hitting the correct frame is to time the A-button press to the moment the little sign saying "Solaceon Town" completes its descent from the top of the screen. I find that for a given save I can hit the correct frame every time doing this. If the frame is not what I wanted (i.e. odd when I wanted even or too high to hit my target) I go back in time to when I caught the journal Pokemon and save the game again; this usually gets me a different frame.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)