Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

mingot

free agent
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Years and delays are intertwined, check out the OP to see how the numbers combine as part of the initial seed.

You might want to consider using Wichu's program, it goes through all of the spreads. Additionally there are spreadsheets linked in the OP to save you having to search.

Viletung also has a search site for them which I will be relinking the next time I speak to him to get the proper URL.

Years and delays are intertwined, check out the OP to see how the numbers combine as part of the initial seed.

You might want to consider using Wichu's program, it goes through all of the spreads. Additionally there are spreadsheets linked in the OP to save you having to search.

Viletung also has a search site for them which I will be relinking the next time I speak to him to get the proper URL.
OP? I haven't found that part yet, maybe overlooked when reading, il look into it. Yeah I tried opening the spread downloads, but it doesn'T work on this lap., It might work on the PC tough.

Oh new sheets? How swell! =)
Anyways tks alot, that's a load out of my mind.
And il try to integrate the spread into the RNG reporter, I think the PC could open the file. Tks again.

mingot

free agent
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Is the only way to check for ivs while hatching pokes without saving, using rare candies then using the iv calculator?
Well, without an AR you're pretty much going to have to either spend some rare candies or level through battling (keep track of your EVs!). You can also use the IV man and hidden power man to help narrow things down to some extent. Basically, though, if you are not using an AR you are generally going to end up with a non-level 1 Pokemon.

Whenever I RNG for a shiny egg, the best I get is something like 848 Happiness clicks, and 11 coin flips. When I watch peoples vids, they get like 106 Happiness clicks, and 2 coin flips. Am I doing something wrong?

Whenever I RNG for a shiny egg, the best I get is something like 848 Happiness clicks, and 11 coin flips. When I watch peoples vids, they get like 106 Happiness clicks, and 2 coin flips. Am I doing something wrong?
It's luck. If you know your delays, use the DPPt Shiny Egg time finder to get low tap spreads.

Mingot, can RNG reporter be used with emerald to find your shiny spreads? I've just learned my emerald SID so I thought I'd take a peek at it.

Finally I'm seeing some results, well not expected results but still, so here's my question, if my delay range is 620-630 and i try to hit 623 for ex. is there any tip to hit it or is it just luck or something like 00:00:13:49 for 623 or 00:00:13:20 for 628 xD?

I don't normally post on these forums, but I figured this might be the only place that has the people who can help figure out this problem.

Now here's my problem. I was creating a new all-shiny team today for UU play (just some "favorites" and such), as is my custom to do so. In other words, I've made multiple legit full-shiny teams by manipulating the egg RNG, and it's worked flawlessly.

Up until today.

Doing every single step I am supposed to go through in order to get a shiny egg (I'm not talking about IV manipulation atm; only shiny), I have yet to get the shinies. This is NOT due to me accidentally overtapping or undertapping. I've missed shiny frames that are literally at frame 200 or lower by huge (and unpredictable) margins. I've redownloaded the .net framework, I've tried multiple sets of parents, and I've even tried to get shinies with my little brother's game under the supposition that my game's RNG may be bugged.

Nothing has worked, and I have no idea why. There is no correlation between missed frames, either. I am absolutely certain that my ID and Secret ID is right on both game consoles, yet not only can I not get the shiny frames, but I cannot even accurately get normal frames at frame no. 100 and lower.

Does anyone have any idea what's happening here?

I can say that the only thing I hadn't tried was changing the clock back to May instead of July (May was the last time I RNGhacked a shiny team, and it was working then), but I figured it was a very weird thing indeed if a certain month didn't work in the program.

Are you using an international parent? If so, check your ID and SID are correct. If you use an international parent with the wrong SID, it will mess up your frames :)

If certain things are off by 1 or more they can still come back with seeds that aren't yours. Try testing changing the mintues by 1 in RNG reporter and then generate seed, you will notice what changes.

The fact that the first three weren't equal to the 3 you got means you have the wrong seed in RNG reporter or advanced the IRNG in game, like by having app 6 open when starting the game up instead of 5.
The problem is, that particular "combination" of natures (Brave, Quirky, Sassy) doesn't show up at all, at least in the first 200 frames. I knew that I could have accidentaly advanced the IRNG so I checked a lot of frames.
And, no, I've saved whilst having the first application in the Pokétch (the digital clock) and I didn't touch the lower screen at all.

Would you happen to be doing anything in/visiting a zone with weather during any part of your process? Also, in general, yes it would just fail to find a seed if you got the time or date wrong.
Time/date is 100% correct, I assure you. But that weather part is interesting. I'm on Route 227 and there's Stark Mountain's ash falling. Although it does not count as an in-game weather (such as rain, hail or sandstorm), it may have some impact on the IRNG... I must try a different location. Big thanks for the help!

Ok i'm still trying to catch that scyther.
my target frame is 307, so 307 - 2 (sweet scent) - 1 (number of roamers) = 304 / 2 = 152 journal flips.
I hit my delay and did my flips but i got a roselia on frame 309.
Did i do anything wrong? Or just an NPC out of my sight moved?
I'm trying to catch it on route 210, The encounter table says Route 210 north and Route 210 south, Are those 2 different routes?

My ds clock seams to be retarded or something.

this is my result from callibration:

12, 601
12, 614
12, 608
11, 607
11, 611
10, 611

I syncronized it with my window clock, but then after a while the ds clock was going after the windows clock :( It seams like my ds clock is slower than the windows clock, what do I do?

Expert Evan

every battle has a smell!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Ok i'm still trying to catch that scyther.
my target frame is 307, so 307 - 2 (sweet scent) - 1 (number of roamers) = 304 / 2 = 152 journal flips.
I hit my delay and did my flips but i got a roselia on frame 309.
Did i do anything wrong? Or just an NPC out of my sight moved?
I'm trying to catch it on route 210, The encounter table says Route 210 north and Route 210 south, Are those 2 different routes?
opening journal is that extra +2

@Hamstern: was it with or without a GBA insert?

opening journal is that extra +2
Even if there are no defeated or catched on the first page?
And just if you open it or also when it opens when you start the game?
Cause it opened when i started the game, i closed it to check my delay then opened it again to do the flips.

@ Expert Evan: Thats weird because I'm sure I've writed everything done correctly and I haven't had any GBA cart in for weeks. I'm playing on a R4 but I don't think that would matter.

@ Expert Evan: Thats weird because I'm sure I've writed everything done correctly and I haven't had any GBA cart in for weeks. I'm playing on a R4 but I don't think that would matter.
Well, I've got a DSTT (basically an R4. Point is, it's a flashcart). While my seconds stay consistent, I have myself noticed strange even/odd behavior. By any chance, could you give the the filename of your ROM (no links, this isn't for warez). We might be using the same ROM which may be giving us problems. It's just a theory of mine.

Just a little note to say that I solved my problem and I have a cute little Shiny Bidoof now <3

The problem was indeed the falling ash on Route 227. Thanks to all you guys for helping me out there :)

Something like Hamsterns problem is kinda happening to me. My DS Clock seems to go out of sync with my PC clock everyday.
I have a fully legit European English Platinum
so is it something normal?

As to problems with PC clocks, I can tell what's wrong. Most PC clocks are synchronized with some online source (Usually time.windows.com). Sometimes they resync themselves with that source, putting themselves out of sync with your DS clock, messing up your calibration.

something is wrong, i did 152, 151, 150 flips but got everytime the same pokemon on the frame 309, i can't understand why...
Generate your seed in the main window under method J with the synchronizer nature your using (Assuming your going for a method J pokemon and using a synchronizer...). Take a look at and around Frame 309. You'll most likely see the answer to your question.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)