Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Useful on-site guide said:
Delay
The delay may be thought of as a fast counter that increases by one approximately 60 times per second. It starts when you launch (or soft reset) any of the Pokémon games and runs until you press the A button on the "Continue" screen. The delay is an important component of soft resetting for egg IVs and captured Pokémon because it is used, in concert with your target time, to create your initial seed.
Note about delay: Delays will almost always be consistently odd or even. The exact mechanism which determines this is not fully understood, but it does appear to be related to the presence or absence or a 3rd generation game in SLOT-2 of the DS. Removing or inserting a 3rd generation game will often change delays from odd to even or vice-versa.
The chart below gives a visual representation of both the target time and delay.
Part 2: Common information for Breeding and Capturing Perfect Pokémon

Charzaro

(>~ @_@ )>~
Ok, this is annoying. For some reason my delay is randomly jumping from in the 630's to 600. Does anybody know why this would happen or how to stop it?

Maybe by sheer luck you're hitting A at just the right times. I've occasionally had outlier delays, but normally it's the other way - around 620-630 instead of the usual 604+-10.

So I have a Adamant guts Heracross egg in daycare.
I have done everything right, (as far as I know)
I am trying to get IVs.
And my spreads very rarely show up in the RNG Reporter,
and when they do, it's either 1 to high frame, or the wrong delay.
Why is it not always showing up? any ideas?

So I have a Adamant guts Heracross egg in daycare.
I have done everything right, (as far as I know)
I am trying to get IVs.
And my spreads very rarely show up in the RNG Reporter,
and when they do, it's either 1 to high frame, or the wrong delay.
Why is it not always showing up? any ideas?
Everytime you pick up the egg, you should do coin flips. The more times you do coin flips, the more reliable your calibration will be for delay. Also, you might try changing the range of flips generated in the "Seed to time" window. I've had good luck with a +/- 1 second and +/- 99 delay as my range. If flips are proving unreliable still, you may just want to run up and catch a poke right after you get the egg to confirm your seed. This is a certain way to know where you stand. As far as frames go, you may need to set the clock back (so that the journal still comes up when you are on your target date) and save again. This will change where the cowpeople in Solaceon are moving around. Some moments are more stable than others when it comes to NPC movement. I hope this helps.

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I am currently attempting to RNG a shiny regirock on my emerald game at a frame of 289940 and have been trying to hit that frame for the last couple of days. My questions is if there is a more reliable method to hit a frame that high, i have tried emloop but it has proven to be too unreliable for me so I have am currently trying with a regular stop watch. I have heard about a metronome method described by a user here but i don't think it would be effective for such a high frame number so if any one has some tips or advice they would be appreciated.

I am using an emerald cart by the way not VBA.

I am currently attempting to RNG a shiny regirock on my emerald game at a frame of 289940 and have been trying to hit that frame for the last couple of days. My questions is if there is a more reliable method to hit a frame that high, i have tried emloop but it has proven to be too unreliable for me so I have am currently trying with a regular stop watch. I have heard about a metronome method described by a user here but i don't think it would be effective for such a high frame number so if any one has some tips or advice they would be appreciated.

I am using an emerald cart by the way not VBA.
While I've never tried captures in Emerald (I've only done breeding), I found that you can use Emloop, but the first couple of times you do it, make sure to keep a wide search on, find what you got, and find your average "error" you can then add that "error" to the time in the box above the pre-timer countdown and, yes, it recognizes negative numbers.

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
While I've never tried captures in Emerald (I've only done breeding), I found that you can use Emloop, but the first couple of times you do it, make sure to keep a wide search on, find what you got, and find your average "error" you can then add that "error" to the time in the box above the pre-timer countdown and, yes, it recognizes negative numbers.
i'll give it a shot but i dont trust emloop for such a high frame at times it tells me that im 60 frames off then it tells me im 100 frames off or 3 frames off i just dont find it trustworthy for high frames and i even turn off all other programs on my computer to let it run unhindered but no luck and thanks for the suggestion by the way

ive changed years from 2013 to abuse from 2001 how much would that affect delay and how would i make it hit my normal average delay

Would my delay be affected If I collected the egg and fly to the resort area to capture a High lv pokemon?

Also would using an AR to check IV of the wild pokemon and pokemon in the egg messup this process before I find the time to IV abuse?

i'll give it a shot but i dont trust emloop for such a high frame at times it tells me that im 60 frames off then it tells me im 100 frames off or 3 frames off i just dont find it trustworthy for high frames and i even turn off all other programs on my computer to let it run unhindered but no luck and thanks for the suggestion by the way
I've successfully done a spread at a frame of over 700000 with Emloop before; it's not a problem with Emloop itself. I usually use Firefox for web browsing, so I opened Emloop in Internet Explorer 7 instead. I have the actual swf downloaded to my computer; try doing that rather than running it from the website.

mingot

free agent
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
ive changed years from 2013 to abuse from 2001 how much would that affect delay and how would i make it hit my normal average delay
The pedantic answer is that it does not effect your delay at all, because that is independent of the year.

But, the seed is based on (year + delay), so it does effect which seeds you can hit. In effect, subtracting years lets you get the same seed with higher delays. Adding years lets you get the same seed with lower delays.

Play with it in the "Seed to Time" dialog to see the effect.

Would my delay be affected If I collected the egg and fly to the resort area to capture a High lv pokemon?

Also would using an AR to check IV of the wild pokemon and pokemon in the egg messup this process before I find the time to IV abuse?
The delay is (approximately) a number that represents 60 x the number of seconds between resetting the game and entering the game world (see the chart which someone posted earlier on the page) and cannot be affected by anything you do after you enter the game world. Basically once you enter the game world your delay has been used to create an initial seed so nothing you do after entering the game world can change that.

Short answer: yes, you can fly somewhere after collecting your egg and catch a level 50 pokemon to find your seed. I would suggest following the directions, though, as they give an easier way (using coin flips) to do the same thing.

I've successfully done a spread at a frame of over 700000 with Emloop before; it's not a problem with Emloop itself. I usually use Firefox for web browsing, so I opened Emloop in Internet Explorer 7 instead. I have the actual swf downloaded to my computer; try doing that rather than running it from the website.
Flash always runs locally, so it doesnt make much difference where it is hosted.

Does anyone know a viable, high-delay (3000+) spread for one (or more) of any of the four Regis, Giratina, and Cresselia? I need to test a timer and I've already caught everything that can use the almost 4000 delay HP ICE 70 spread :(.

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
hi,i was wondering if someone could help me catch a shiny shaymin with a timid nature and flawless IV's?
That's what the guides are for. Read those first, try it yourself, then come to us with specific questions if you have any.

You probably don't have a shiny Timid flawless spread in your game unless you specifically resetted for the correct ID\SID combo.

That's what the guides are for. Read those first, try it yourself, then come to us with specific questions if you have any.

You probably don't have a shiny Timid flawless spread in your game unless you specifically resetted for the correct ID\SID combo.
i have tried it myself,around 13 times now
and i cant do it,so i was wondering if someone could help me?

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
well i done as it says in the thread,and i still dont get it
would you be able to put it in fewere words?
I'm starting to suspect you didn't actually try it, and you want someone to just walk you through the whole thing. Not going to happen.

Post what YOU did, step by step, or we can't help you.

Are you aware of this guide:

http://www.smogon.com/ingame/rng/dpp_rng_intro

Also, as mentioned, the way shinies are created means that what you want is PROBABLY IMPOSSIBLE without cheating. You're going to have to settle for either shiny or great IVs.
i actually used rng reporter to get my shiny giratina - but yeas you do have to sacrifise good ivs for shinyness. I actually had a frame of 4000+ which wasnt nice to do journal flips for lol

I have more improvements for JavaRNG, as well as a new tool to announce! I didn't think this would happen until Christmas, but then the snowday came :).

The improvement to JavaRNG that I have to announce (which brings us to version 2.00), is that is now features the new tool, which I have dubbed PikaTimer (I am not creative at all with names :P). This is basically an English version of Emloop, with a couple things added.

The GUI looks like this:

Here is the guide on how to use it:

Overall:
- It will take a few tries to get used to this from Emloop, but it is easier, at least I think so.
- For the SR countdown, beeps are given at T -10, T -3, T -2, T -1, and at SR.
- For the delay countdown, beeps are every second starting at T -10
- The two timer boxes are editable, so you can enter your own values if you wish.
- The "End" Button stops the search (duh).
- Pressing "Start" or hitting Space while the timer is running does nothing.
- The "Reset" Button resets all values except the top line.

Procedure:
- Type your average calibrated delay into the box for that, your wanted delay into the box for that, and so on and so forth for the top row.
- Click "Create Timer." You will notice that it will automatically find a combination to give you at least thirty seconds from synchronize to SR.
- Note the "Minutes Before Target" box. This is how many minutes before your current minute you should synch at (generally 0 or 1). For example, if you were going for 18:54:36 and that said 0, you would synch at 18:54:00. However, if it was one, you would synch at 18:53:00.
- Press either "Start" or the Space bar to start the timer.
- If you are off consistently, type the average delay you have been hitting into the "Other Delay" box, and click "Update." This will adjust the timer to help you hit your spread automatically. The Total Change is how many delay units you have cumulatively adjusted.

Download the updated JavaRNG 2.00 here.

Download the stand-alone PikaTimer 1.0 here.

Tell me what you think!

EDIT: I did test it, and caught a 31/31/31/x/31/31 Careful Registeel using this over Emloop.

Is PikaTimer included with JavaRNG?

Besides, this sounds great. I might try and test it out shortly. I've just thought of a great idea - to catch Cresselia at the date and time of a lunar eclipse.

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
woah thats really high and I guess its my computer since the stopwatch I use gets me up to a frame away from my desired frame so its not the game itself. Although how wouldI download the swf , but I'm guessing this isn't the place to ask or it doesn't matter according to mingot's post any way thanks for your suggestion

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 19)